Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogendoogan

Yea i love my flame powered vapes and the milaana preforms on par with these...but all it takes is a windy/cold day to kill my vibe.

This solves all of that. Stems are cool enough to touch bare handed after a sesh too!
Dope. I'm gonna love this thing. i will never lose the love for my flame powered units but living in PA especially, the weather can easily mess up my vape lol. Seems like with this thing I can load up just like my SSV, literally like almost exactly the same way haha, and then I can control my vapor with that button. Get a bunch of low temp hits or kill a bowl in 4 big rips as you said. This thing sounds like the next "mighty" I mean when it starts selling on planet vape and people can get it fast, I just don't see how other portables stack up.. Maybe the Venus apollo, that thing looks dope lol.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a US sized connector and I'd really like to put the thing through water.

Has anyone tried putting a silicone o-ring around an 18 mm male ISO joint to make a tight seal? Are there any issues with doing that which might affect the device?

Crazy, I have found countless ways to hit my Milaana through water recently lol. In fact I was over at my friends house last night with nothing but a shorty stem and a little masking tape was enough to widen enough to seal to an 18mm piece.

The actual size you need is listed most places as 19/22 if that helps. Also I could just buy a bunch of them from a glass place here in the US if they are hard to come by for some of you. Just send me a PM and I will get an order together so we can combine the shipping and save $$. I think they have glass that will work for stems too available, I just need to see how long they come.

So my girlfriend picked this thing up and had it mastered in about 2 hits. My best friend who I bought a Haze 3.0 for at Christmas caught on immediately too and asked if he could trade his HAze for my Milaana. I told him, no thanks I already have 2x Hazes BUT I will be glad to get him one of his own.

He is a minimalist yogi so the simplistic steam punk design and wooden body were very attractive to him. But the real draw is that most of the time he just wants to take a quick hit or 2 and doesn't want a whole session. The Milaana not only beats the Haze but pretty much any other portable I have in this department. You can actually take 2 hits and catch a buzz in 30 seconds without wasting the rest of your bowl! All in a package that can white wall any water piece without cords, sweet!

Just out of curiosity who would suggest the best "sipping" vap out there for people that can`t for whatever reason take long slow drawers? I am similar to your mate because of a medical problem but have found a large resistance to vapeing due mainly to the sipping versus long drawers. My solo I can sip on where many convection vaps in particular, you have to 'prime" them for a while.

You actually just nailed it, try a conduction vape. My mom cant take more than a 3 second hit due to lung problems. I give her my Mighty and she gets the tiniest hit when I blow huge clouds. She can use the Milaana but she has to prime for 8 seconds or so at least and gets a slight char to achieve a hit. I suggest breathing exercises to get your inhale time up to around 8 seconds at least for proper convection vaping. Although that's easier said than done with emphysema or other lung problems!
In light of this she actually prefers and gets bigger hits off on conduction based portables like the Haze or CFX. If you are only taking a 3-4 second draw conduction vapes win over convection IMO.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
For the sake of transparency, I need to point out that when we say "on demand" and "you can lay it down and restart later", there is a catch here.

You can get vapor in under 5 seconds from cold when the bowl is fresh, but when it's half cashed or more it takes way more preheat to get it restarted and flowing properly. It will restart in a satisfying way but it's not on demand anymore until it gets going. Afterwards it flows exactly the same and you don't need the extra preheat anymore.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Does it work far better having the basket shape @AJS so it will come the wrong way up and I just need to take it out and flip it, how far do I push it back up the glass stem?
That's why I said try it default first. I use basket because it's how ddave mod worked for the lsv. Basket mode seems like less stirring, brings the load closer to the heater, and shrinks it. Everything I want.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
So to follow up with pictures for the adapter I recommended http://www.shopxhale.com/products/2919

The adapter is on the left. You can see the male joint length is the same as the Milaana stems. The adapter is very deep and comes with a screen so any 18.8mm male joint will fit in there.

A 14male to 14 male adapter and a 18/14 reducer added to the adapter allow me to hook this up to my water bong.

In this picture you can see how the adapter fits into the Mi with no issues! I typically keep the adapter on the bong like in the previous pictures and just bring the Milaana to the male joint of the glass adapter. It works great!

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
So to follow up with pictures for the adapter I recommended http://www.shopxhale.com/products/2919

The adapter is on the left. You can see the male joint length is the same as the Milaana stems. The adapter is very deep and comes with a screen so any 18.8mm male joint will fit in there.

A 14male to 14 male adapter and a 18/14 reducer added to the adapter allow me to hook this up to my water bong.

In this picture you can see how the adapter fits into the Mi with no issues! I typically keep the adapter on the bong like in the previous pictures and just bring the Milaana to the male joint of the glass adapter. It works great!
That is a very nice option as a mouth piece too with the integrated screen at the middle. I can see using that, you can avoid even more little debris going to your water tool too. Very nice find indeed. Congrats...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Do they happen to fit on the button like the Evo cap does (and lotus cap doesn't)?

Yes they do, but I think that they won't be secure. They stay in place on Jessica but you could easily knock them off. They won't stay on my Milaana. I wouldn't use them like that myself. I'm more interested in capping stems for travel.

hippogriff

Wow the guitar pick mod makes a bigger difference than I expected. It serves its primary function, then I REALLY like using it to hold the stem secure, feels like it expands Pascal's use. Now I can load a stem, place it, and lock it down enough to stow in my bag or jacket for a quick start later.

Loving the unregulated for my own use (tho still searching for my ideal temp-stepping technique), can see how nice the regulation in the Zion must match the heater, and would be easier for friends. Prefer smaller, tho, so I'll be first in line for the regulated Milaana of the future.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
RBT updated info on the adhesive he is using in the design FAQ...

Is there adhesive in the Zion?

Yes, Loctite® M-121HP™ Hysol® Medical Device Epoxy Adhesive is used to attach the rim of the heater glass to the wood. This is the coolest part of the heater glass and rarely does it reach over 150 degrees F which is well below the 300 F temperature limit of the this epoxy . Not only is the adhesive biologically tested to ISO 10993, a burn-off cycle is conducted at nearly 1.5 times the operating voltage to ensure any contaminants are removed from the entire heater assembly. Issues with adhesives and plastics are usually encountered when they are used outside of there temperature range. The adhesive is not part of the primary flow path and the inlet air cools the epoxy joint. All things considered, it is much safer than a power source of butane or charcoal which are known carcinogens.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Another might interpret that all the stuff we hear about RBT not paying attention to this thread is false.

if that really was directed at @Dan Morrison, that's a petty shot to take IMO.

Just healthy competition to me, I suppose both he and @Dan Morrison have faced challenges about safety and each deflected them acceptably, which is always a hot button point of debate here... I wouldn't draw any strong conclusions one way or the other, at least there is some more info available now though. It is entirely possible RBT has popped in here lately to see how new Milaana users seemed to be getting along, or through the grapevine perhaps

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
I agree with @Shit Snacks

Honestly I'm just proud that the Okin is known well enough to be mentioned at all.

But of course, I might be reading into it too much.. perhaps there is another charcoal powered vaporizer out there, or maybe he was referencing hookahs? Who knows!

Either way I took it as a compliment. Just let me bask in this moment please! It's a milestone of sorts.

Back to Milaana talk!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks perhaps, perhaps not. all speculation & assumption.

LMAO tho, U mad bro?

Indeed. Did I come off as mad? Not all man

Honestly I'm just proud that the Okin is known well enough to be mentioned at all.

But of course, I might be reading into it too much.. perhaps there is another charcoal powered vaporizer out there, or maybe he was referencing hookahs? Who knows!

Either way I took it as a compliment. Just let me bask in this moment please! It's a milestone of sorts.

Back to Milaana talk!

:tup: agreed, I am likewise glad you are participating here and working on a similarly unregulated battery powered convection design for your next creation!
(Check out that thread if you haven't people!)
I think there was some sort of chalice charcoal vape from Jamaica too?

GTAVaper

Indeed. Did I come off as mad? Not all man

:tup: agreed, I am likewise glad you are participating here and working on a similarly unregulated battery powered convection design for your next creation!
(Check out that thread if you haven't people!)
I think there was some sort of chalice charcoal vape from Jamaica too?

Actually I've seen some videos of the Jamaican charcoal driven chalice vape.....kind of interesting, and cool.... but not something that I'd want to fire up for a quick session.

It's made of coconut .....I'm sure it works, but it seemed to take a while for the dudes in the video to get it working properly; it seemed to be kind of a vacation novelty and not really something for use as a daily driver......but in an outdoor party atmosphere I'm sure that it is much more preferable than passing around a joint.

But how the hell would I connect that beast up to my water tools? :D

AJS

Calm Consistency

Back to Milaana talk!
As soon as I saw charcoal I knew you'd come running. I saw it as friendly competition too. Some of us using butane can take quite a few stabs at batteries and adhesives.

I imagine Dan and RBT standing in fighting stance, flinging health issues at one another. Dan dodges, flings one back! Barely grazes RBT's shirt. He wipes it off...composes himself, and with an angry glare, launches a deadly Milaana right at Dan. Dan quickly reacts, grabbing his last Okin from his pocket and spearing it at RBT. Both are hit. Both go down. Both are healthy and stoned.

GTAVaper

As soon as I saw charcoal I knew you'd come running. I saw it as friendly competition too. Some of us using butane can take quite a few stabs at batteries and adhesives.

I imagine Dan and RBT standing in fighting stance, flinging health issues at one another. Dan dodges, flings one back! Barely grazes RBT's shirt. He wipes it off...composes himself, and with an angry glare, launches a deadly Milaana right at Dan. Dan quickly reacts, grabbing his last Okin from his pocket and spearing it at RBT. Both are hit. Both go down. Both are healthy and stoned.

Wow.....quite the imagination!
Reminds me of "Celebrity Death Match"

Kind of funny that the first one I found on YouTube is a death match between Shaggy & Bob Marley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=A_QZeFgQXUE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom