Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Wow.....quite the imagination!
Thanks to Milaana.

Originally came on here to say, before getting distracted by launched Okins, that I very rarely stir with the Milaana. I'm always basket up at the rim, packed lightly with ground herb.

Of the times that I have stirred, 98% of the time it's been with the stem of a leaf from the ground. No extra parts to carry around, and it works great.

Does anyone's stem slide out of their Female end very easily? Mine is sturdy, as is my other friend's, but my 3rd friend has a larger female end that doesn't mate well with any of our stems. Oh well.

Time to find a hair tie to slap around my Milaana to hold my stem! Will make it easier to pull stem out to stir, and to walk with in the pocket.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Went in search of caps and found corks...super convienient and for under $1(and a knife) EVERY area of milaana is slightly safer, i like the one in the glass joint, just in case it falls...it seems the cork would swallow most of the impact.

The cork that goes over the load is slightly shorter and acts like a tamper.

Want to cut the end off a tac and lodge it in the cork to act like a stir tool/lid to keep the mess down.

29wa745.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Went in search of caps and found corks...super convienient and for under $1(and a knife) EVERY area of milaana is slightly safer, i like the one in the glass joint, just in case it falls...it seems the cork would swallow most of the impact.

The cork that goes over the load is slightly shorter and acts like a tamper.

Want to cut the end off a tac and lodge it in the cork to act like a stir tool/lid to keep the mess down.

29wa745.jpg

Nice, I actually had @Alan make me an 18mm tapered cork for my beta Lana as a bowl cap too. Not so necessary, but I like the added protection and figured why not when I got my HIbrid. He also made me a glass/cork stem that I still need to test some more...
hrCT57c.jpg

little maggie

I have managed to break both the short and long mouthpieces. I have them on order from the website but wonder what I can use instead. The ones from the xhale site?

Also I wrote to customer service about something totally different and RBT got back to me right away.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
RBT updated info on the adhesive he is using in the design FAQ...

Is there adhesive in the Zion?

Yes, Loctite® M-121HP™ Hysol® Medical Device Epoxy Adhesive is used to attach the rim of the heater glass to the wood. This is the coolest part of the heater glass and rarely does it reach over 150 degrees F which is well below the 300 F temperature limit of the this epoxy . Not only is the adhesive biologically tested to ISO 10993, a burn-off cycle is conducted at nearly 1.5 times the operating voltage to ensure any contaminants are removed from the entire heater assembly. Issues with adhesives and plastics are usually encountered when they are used outside of there temperature range. The adhesive is not part of the primary flow path and the inlet air cools the epoxy joint. All things considered, it is much safer than a power source of butane or charcoal which are known carcinogens.

When he talked about safety he mixed an assembly solution (that should be risk free) with some power source. that is unfair because nearly any power source is dangerous or hazardous (it is a concentrate of energy)

18650 can be quite dangerous too, even more hazardous if you have to take battery off the vape when finished (without talking about sustainability of 18650)

YungLeaner

When he talked about safety he mixed an assembly solution (that should be risk free) with some power source. that is unfair because nearly any power source is dangerous or hazardous (it is a concentrate of energy)

18650 can be quite dangerous too, even more hazardous if you have to take battery off the vape when finished (without talking about sustainability of 18650)
It's pretty clear what he meant. The end was a joke and the above was a concise and necessary explanation of glue safety in his vaporizers. RBT did not invent 18650s as far as I am aware, and any information about them online is peppered with bolded warnings.

EDIT: when I was 12 yr old and alone in my room on my bed I found out what happened when you typed "boobs" into google. That is, a concentrate of energy soon resulted

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Milaana Tech
Some Observations
1. *Unregulated* introduces a powerful variable to draw technique, but removes another (pre set temp). Even preset and regulated is depenndent on time and volume.
2. Extraction (medicinal) is best I've seen, better than enano.
3. Hits are super tasty, potent, and pretty cool, potentially, once you get trigger technique down
4. Short stem give more control, but a bit hotter
5. Pull too long with buttn pressed, combustion, or at least pocorn taste, is possible
6. Weed lasts and lasts cause of no cooking between hits
7. Batts can last as well for same reason
8. I only need a hit or 2 every 15 o 30 minutes vs sippn away for 20
9. Not being sure of batt life sucks, but portable tester helps, as does on demand preservation of batt
10. Best Vape Ever

virtualpurple

I recieved my milaana on the evening of the 8th. My experience thus far has been incredible. Both my roommate and I have combusted several times but I think my technique is improving.

This thing white walls my bubbler after a 5 second preheat, more or less.

Love the vapor, love the flavor. And I also love the efficiency! Still determining ideal screen placement and need to find a good m2m adapter. I have seen them mentioned several times earlier in the thread but need to go back over it to determine recent consensus.

anasrzi

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Look what came thru the door today i'm over the moon with my little Mi already and i've yet to use it, battery is still charging. I never normally post images here but seeing as it is what it is i feel compelled to do so.

Let the testing commence :clap:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
How does the Milaana compare to the Lotus, Vaporgenie, and UD Mini ? I ask because those are my current convection units.

Also, what is the least amount of material that you can use in the Milaana?
I have tried none of those vapes, but it hits similar to the daisy/lily and the one closest on that list is the lotus?

You can pack however much you wish, the screen is user placeable. I normally do .2 though

Its honestly like a one handed flame vape

@virtualpurple you need a US joint not an ISO

The us joint is shorter.

bounce5

I have tried none of those vapes, but it hits similar to the daisy/lily and the one closest on that list is the lotus?

You can pack however much you wish, the screen is user placeable. I normally do .2 though

The us joint is shorter.

I remember seeing a video of you with a vaporgenie coil though, thats close enough to a vaporgenie classic through water, which is what I use. How is it compared to the coil?

Also, in your Milaana video you cough a lot. Is it because its too harsh and/or hot?

bounce5,
Reactions: KeroZen

anasrzi

How does the Milaana compare to the Lotus, Vaporgenie, and UD Mini ? I ask because those are my current convection units.

Also, what is the least amount of material that you can use in the Milaana?

Got my milaana today with the battery on charge, i own a lotus WPA so i know how good that vape is. Once i'm more into the milaana i'll be able to see how it compares, if that help's??? @bounce5

hippogriff

The us joint is shorter.
I like seeing new posts from @WakeAndVape first thing in the morning, that makes sense.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have managed to break both the short and long mouthpieces. I have them on order from the website but wonder what I can use instead. The ones from the xhale site?

Also I wrote to customer service about something totally different and RBT got back to me right away.
I would be very careful ordering from their site if your not sure about the piece. They do not provide good descriptions and I have yet to see mention of joint length on any of their glass pieces. Your lucky to get a glass joint diameter. The one adapter I linked works for sure as I have it and confirmed it. You can use it by it self albeit will be a bit wider mouthpiece and even shorter than the short stem or you can insert any glass piece with a 18.8mm diameter glass joint.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I remember seeing a video of you with a vaporgenie coil though, thats close enough to a vaporgenie classic through water, which is what I use. How is it compared to the coil?

Also, in your Milaana video you cough a lot. Is it because its too harsh and/or hot?
I never mastered the vapor genie coil and now i cant seem to find it...

So in comparison to the vaporgenie milaana knock it out the park. Good thing about this portable is you can combust if you choose.

And no the vapor isn't hot or harsh...i just have a cronic-cough :brow:

In all actuality i have atsma, still smoke cigarettes and do deep lung draws
Im 'that guy' unfortunatley...

@hippogriff some read the paper and have a cup of coffe when they rise...

I load a stem and log on:rockon::rofl:

Fuck the news...more useful info here.

Not that i like or don't like, i don't have any of them :), i wanted to go for a mighty but now reconsidering this.
Okay...

So personally i would recommend the milaana.

The only reason i would pick the mighty (fuck the crafty...battery life is a PITA!) Is if your in to extended sessions with controlled temp.

For me the mi wins because its on demand and i can finish a load before the mighty heats up.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I load as little as .05 a lot of the time.
Despite having 4 batteries, I tested the limits of 1.
Lasted me all day, 6 baskets, and ended at 3.64. I don't like going below that. I never preheated over 5 seconds.

@bounce5
I see the Milaana as an electric Lotus. More convenient, more consistent, and tastier. Probably more efficient too.

anasrzi

@bounce5 if it works like you say as a electric lotus, with less learning curve among other plus points I'd be happy. It's taste that I want more so than anything else, the lotus is great for this but requires time and patience to get it just right, let's see if a simple button press and release works much better while preserving that great flavour

AJS

Calm Consistency
@bounce5 if it works like you say as a electric lotus, with less learning curve among other plus points I'd be happy. It's taste that I want more so than anything else, the lotus is great for this but requires time and patience to get it just right, let's see if a simple button press and release works much better while preserving that great flavour
If you have resinous bud, the first hit, you'll feel the thickness of the resin in your mouth and it'll coat your tastebuds in sticky flavor. It's wonderful. And easy. Almost impossible not to hit perfect flavor every time.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Bah don't sweat it too much for the cells, the HE2/HE4/25R/VCT4 can be depleted down to 2.5V. Not that I recommend doing that often. But I think that in order to go that low you would notice that you need a very long preheat time and that's a tell-tale that you need to stop ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom