Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy10

I feel like the Milaana is tuned to such a great temp, with a very gradually smooth peak, to where the Zion may not even be needed. We'll see tho ;)

Mmmm, this is interesting. I was worried about the unregulation vs regulated Zion, but all of these reports of combustion being very avoidable sound promising. Although I think preheat up time being dependant on battery level as well as third party charging may be two things that can stop it being my DD... never had to keep 3rd party charging up to batteries that I use as often as I would a daily driver vape.
I'd personally prefer device to plug (or butane really but that hardly counts here) for charging, with swappable batteries (airizer air).

The battery choice was one of the very first features that drew me to the Zion (and then Milaana) in the first place. Since I vape eliquid as well, I already have a full set of 18650s anyway. I always have three sets fully charged at any time. One set drains, I flip batteries and set the drained ones to charge first opportunity.

These batteries are so cheap, it's not a bank buster to get three sets. That way, you either have one set in use and two on call or you have one set in use, one on call, and one charging.

Oogendoogan

@flotntoke Thanks man! I think I'm gonna love it too. I've been looking for another convection vape and going portable the options were slim. This thing just looks great, a true portable with at home power?! I really love the E-Nano and honestly the Lsv too, I'm just clumsy, lasy, and vape wayy to much, leading me to use the SSV instead where yeah the taste isn't as great because of the whip and maybe the vapor isn't as..thick as the nano? Idk I always thought 7th floor gave me a more airy vapor than the nano, but it sits on the table solid, can stay on all day, and delivers the same perfomance of a LSV through glass, of course with the whip.. but I see how you feel, I would reccoemond the nano over surfer it to anyone who hasn't already fallen in love with convection and has a large tolerance.
Are you telling me that with this thing I can get hits the size of my SSV and the consistency of a nano?! I'm going to be in convection vapor heaven :)

Tommy10

The battery choice was one of the very first features that drew me to the Zion (and then Milaana) in the first place. Since I vape eliquid as well, I already have a full set of 18650s anyway. I always have three sets fully charged at any time. One set drains, I flip batteries and set the drained ones to charge first opportunity.

These batteries are so cheap, it's not a bank buster to get three sets. That way, you either have one set in use and two on call or you have one set in use, one on call, and one charging.

Mmm! Does sound very handy for an Eliquid vaper! I have a few good hand held hunting spot lights and some torches in 18650, would have 20+ batteries in the garage somewhere but at least 2 years old and I assume not up to spec. They never goes used enough for the battery charging to come into it.

Vape Dr.

I otdered a few "USA" M2M adapters which ended up being ISO.

Sooo after a whole lot of sanding and torching I was able to modify 2 of them so the fit perfectly snug and I now use them as my mouthpieces because they are shorter and work awesome!

I also found out something pretty cool.

With the DIY guitar pick battery connection blocker if I slide it over the air vent against the glass it locks it into place. The pick sits right over the edge of the lip of the frosted male joint.

When slide this way, the pick is completely out of the way.

I took my milaana out today with 1 Samsung 25R and it lasted longer than I needed it to. I use the EVO caps like @Shit Snacks to protect the glass and to keep smell pretty much non existent. Works great!

I freakin love this thing!

With the M2M I have the basket super far down and can fill up the chamber for a good dozen hits or more.
I tried using many different 18mm adapters and depending on size and shape you get very different results.

Awesome device!
Glad I ordered a 2nd Milaana......and Zion...:D
Will be back with some more Milaana videos!:tup:

Definitely my favorite new portable hands down! Well done RBT, well done.:clap:

By the way I figure I would throw this out there for anyone who cares.
I tested the batteries pos and neg facing up and get the same results. I run mine positive down so there is more surface area on top for the brass connection.:)

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@flotntoke Thanks man! I think I'm gonna love it too. I've been looking for another convection vape and going portable the options were slim. This thing just looks great, a true portable with at home power?! I really love the E-Nano and honestly the Lsv too, I'm just clumsy, lasy, and vape wayy to much, leading me to use the SSV instead where yeah the taste isn't as great because of the whip and maybe the vapor isn't as..thick as the nano? Idk I always thought 7th floor gave me a more airy vapor than the nano, but it sits on the table solid, can stay on all day, and delivers the same perfomance of a LSV through glass, of course with the whip.. but I see how you feel, I would reccoemond the nano over surfer it to anyone who hasn't already fallen in love with convection and has a large tolerance.
Are you telling me that with this thing I can get hits the size of my SSV and the consistency of a nano?! I'm going to be in convection vapor heaven :)

YES! Takes a little playing to get it down, but not too much. And, when you do? All that and no cord or hose!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Mmmm, this is interesting. I was worried about the unregulation vs regulated Zion, but all of these reports of combustion being very avoidable sound promising. Although I think preheat up time being dependant on battery level as well as third party charging may be two things that can stop it being my DD... never had to keep 3rd party charging up to batteries that I use as often as I would a daily driver vape.
I'd personally prefer device to plug (or butane really but that hardly counts here) for charging, with swappable batteries (airizer air).
Thats interesting. Holding the button down longer just seems intuitive to me, sorta like holding the flame for longer when the heater is cold on the lotus or vapman. Just another part of the process rather than a negative factor.
I also have 4 batteries and rarely drain to below 3.7-3.8.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Buenas noches FC:
Milanesa still working well, vaping strong. Nice weed finally. A 4 bay digital batt charger and a portable batt tester, as someone posted already, sounds the best in my opinion. 6 batteries sounds like a nice number to not worry all day long or more. The guitar pick mod or any plastic there sounds great as someone posted already too. And I really like the idea of holding the 18F GonG at the same time as you're using it with that mod.
I remember making a poker out of a medium sized SS paper clip, with some nice shape, I'm sure FCers will make beautiful coil style pokers, that I used to attach poking the air intake and hanging by the side like clamp style, makes sense?? it's not the prettiest but is easy, cheap, replaceable, small, SS, etc etc. They are free almost. I'm really liking using cotton below the SS mesh in the air intake. It makes less airy hits IMO. I'm sure many did it before me, but worthy a try guys, nothing to loose.

Back to RBT, I went to their site, and send them an email through the warranty contact link.
I asked them about how to reglue/epoxy it. I'd rather clean, scrap, ISO, sand the wood to get rid of the old glue/epoxy and make a better sitting for the new glue/epoxy. Am I wrong here???
At their site the answer is pretty vague, just reglue/epoxy it on top of the already messed part???? :( wrong answer IMO. It's going to happen again, right???
I asked them about what kind of glue/epoxy they used. If it's the same kind, the problem it's going to happen again, to me. Sorry to repeat myself but all comes to the same point.
I asked them about what happens if the 18F glass heater comes all the way out.
I feel like in my Milaana is still attached to something at the bottom. I prefer I guess to get a direct answer from them @RastaBuddhaTao or Sheila in this case.
Someone here told me that there's nothing under, holding that 18F glass heater, are we really sure about that guys??? I don't want to void my warranty If I want to take it out and reglue/epoxy it by myself.
Can you guys link me to the Zion/Milaana post where someone take it out, or @RastaBuddhaTao did it himself??
Am I the first and only to go through this 18F glass heater issue here???
Someone...???
Stay vaped my friends...

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Buenas noches FC:
Milanesa still working well, vaping strong. Nice weed finally. A 4 bay digital batt charger and a portable batt tester, as someone posted already, sounds the best in my opinion. 6 batteries sounds like a nice number to not worry all day long or more. The guitar pick mod or any plastic there sounds great as someone posted already too. And I really like the idea of holding the 18F GonG at the same time as you're using it with that mod.
I remember making a poker out of a medium sized SS paper clip, with some nice shape, I'm sure FCers will make beautiful coil style pokers, that I used to attach poking the air intake and hanging by the side like clamp style, makes sense?? it's not the prettiest but is easy, cheap, replaceable, small, SS, etc etc. They are free almost. I'm really liking using cotton below the SS mesh in the air intake. It makes less airy hits IMO. I'm sure many did it before me, but worthy a try guys, nothing to loose.

Back to RBT, I went to their site, and send them an email through the warranty contact link.
I asked them about how to reglue/epoxy it. I'd rather clean, scrap, ISO, sand the wood to get rid of the old glue/epoxy and make a better sitting for the new glue/epoxy. Am I wrong here???
At their site the answer is pretty vague, just reglue/epoxy it on top of the already messed part???? :( wrong answer IMO. It's going to happen again, right???
I asked them about what kind of glue/epoxy they used. If it's the same kind, the problem it's going to happen again, to me. Sorry to repeat myself but all comes to the same point.
I asked them about what happens if the 18F glass heater comes all the way out.
I feel like in my Milaana is still attached to something at the bottom. I prefer I guess to get a direct answer from them @RastaBuddhaTao or Sheila in this case.
Someone here told me that there's nothing under, holding that 18F glass heater, are we really sure about that guys??? I don't want to void my warranty If I want to take it out and reglue/epoxy it by myself.
Can you guys link me to the Zion/Milaana post where someone take it out, or @RastaBuddhaTao did it himself??
Am I the first and only to go through this 18F glass heater issue here???
Someone...???
Stay vaped my friends...

Just un uneducated guess: down there you should have the heater itself and some mica as insulator, could it be that some glue leaked down and glued mica sheet to the outer side of the glass joint?

Rest assured you are not the only one who had this failure and for sure you will not be the last one.
You are though the only one bothered and trying to fix it as a regular customer would do. I think at least diehard & maybe the dudenextdoor experienced the same issue but they seem not to worry about it

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm finding it hard to use another Vape, period.

My Vape print has changed, a few hits, let sit for 20, 30 minutes, hit again. Herb and battery efficient, no idle cooking.

So high off so little. This is the first time in my life, I'm too baked. Actually have to make a conscious effort to not over vape and wind up wiped for the day. Take a hit, WAIT!

Last edited:

Mulehead

hey @AJS , what have you been using to secure your herb in the stem between those seshes? I am looking for some silicone caps like @Shit Snacks mentioned, I'm finding a lot of silicone caps but not sure which would fit correctly.

I think they're using the shipping caps that come on the EVO.
Whichever one posted it, thank you!! They work perfect!

Edit: when I'm at the hardware store later today I'll take the evo cap and try to match it up.
Will lyk if I find something readily available that works.

I think at least diehard & maybe the dudenextdoor experienced the same issue but they seem not to worry about it

Not quite. The female GonG came loose on my beta Zion, and I took that opportunity to take it apart and see what made it tick. That was a choice I made because it was a beta unit that I knew would eventually be replaced when the production units began rolling out, so I figured I would see what was going on inside the unit. I pulled the entire guts out, replaced them, and re-glued the GonG using some high-temp silicone sealant I had on hand. It has worked just fine ever since. However, I would not have done that with a production unit -- I would have sent it back for repair.

The heater on the Zion is inside the glass, not beneath it, so if any glue does leak down, the only surface it will be able to make contact with is the outer shell of the glass or the inner shell of the wood. For it to get to the heater or the mica, it would have to run all the way down the glass, take a hard turn, and then run up the inside of the glass to the heater.

tblast

I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a US sized connector and I'd really like to put the thing through water.

Has anyone tried putting a silicone o-ring around an 18 mm male ISO joint to make a tight seal? Are there any issues with doing that which might affect the device?

tblast,
Reactions: Tommy10

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a US sized connector and I'd really like to put the thing through water.

Has anyone tried putting a silicone o-ring around an 18 mm male ISO joint to make a tight seal? Are there any issues with doing that which might affect the device?
So I have a solution to the ISO vs American glass joint problem... http://www.shopxhale.com/products/2919 ...the bottom joint on mine is maybe 1mm shorter than the Mi stem and you can fit any length in the top. It fits snug in the Mi, better than the stem that came with it.
Basically with this adapter you can put any 18mm male joint in the Mi you would want. The adapter goes in first and then the wand or glass piece of your choice. I can put some pictures of how I actually use it when I get a chance.

I have also been looking at the 7th floor vapes glass wands but I don't know what size joint they are, does anyone know about these?http://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/seventhfloorvapes/accessories/da-buddha-wand.html

AJS

Calm Consistency
hey @AJS , what have you been using to secure your herb in the stem between those seshes? I am looking for some silicone caps like @Shit Snacks mentioned, I'm finding a lot of silicone caps but not sure which would fit correctly.

I actually don't cap. I either leave the entire unit in my pocket packed, or I leave it stashed behind a basket outside on its side. I just walk outside, pick it up, do a few hits, put back down. It vapes exactly as it should. Sometimes the fist hit after setting down and picking up needs a bit more juice, but that's normal as most terpenes are gone, load is cold, and everything just needs to get warm. Sure is nice being able to adjust "temperature" mid draw to really hit those upper temps when you feel the end of your load isn't extracting.

@Mulehead if you find anything when you're out and about, let me know. I looked for evo and EQ caps online, found nothing.

Received word from Sheila, it is in the mail. Luckily I don't go through with a refund claim as it would have been a nightmare.
Honestly a refund isn't a big deal as long as you have time. Push the button, wait a week or 2, get confirmation PayPal email, and accept. If you really want to, get the refund and ship your Milaana back or intercept delivery. Don't let fear of complications stop you if you really want one. Honestly though man, I've seen a lot of your vids, you seem like a real nice guy so I understand all the frustration, but I really think you'll enjoy this unit. If not, I hope you don't take the hit too hard and lose faith on pre ordering. I seriously enjoyed the ride, but I know it's not for everyone.

anasrzi

Happy to report I've been emailing Sheila who has been very helpful all round, she's told me my Milaana was sent Saturday so fingers well and truly crossed I get it by the weekend, will feel like Christmas has come early when that lands on the doorstep, happy days ahead.

Faith has been rewarded :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Happy to report I've been emailing Sheila who has been very helpful all round, she's told me my Milaana was sent Saturday so fingers well and truly crossed I get it by the weekend, will feel like Christmas has come early when that lands on the doorstep, happy days ahead.

Faith has been rewarded :)
Woooooh! The home stretch.

@Bravesst
I know how you feel man. If I didn't have a Zion pre ordered id probably be buying another Milaana as backup. Scary thought not having this guy around.

It's funny, I know how much you love your Air, I've seen your videos, so I think it's great with how much you love your Milaana. I saw you cancel your Zion order quite a while ago, and I was upset because I specifically wanted your comparisons. Glad you decided to jump on board the Milaana.

On the topic of overmedication...I often find myself cutting my Milaana sesh early with my teeth vibrating in my face and my body melting into itself. It's quite strong. STRONG. It's made me sick a few times, as the lsv could also do. I love it.

Oogendoogan

What's the guess on waiting time for MI shipping? Ordered last night, guessing gonna be a little, but hoping for less then a month
I placed an order yesterday as well, if anyone has any sort of answer to this that would be great, for now I can pass on what I have learned through this forum. It seems that right now they have the ability to make about 20 of these things a week. And they did have 12 international orders left that look like they got filled by reading above, so now they just need to fill the few orders that are left until they go wholesale on the 13th. I'm hoping that means it could be as short as by next week or maybe a month but not much longer? it seems like they have they're CS together and are getting the Millaanas out now.. We will see, keep your fingers crossed and i will do the same.
Cheers, stay vaped!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just un uneducated guess: down there you should have the heater itself and some mica as insulator, could it be that some glue leaked down and glued mica sheet to the outer side of the glass joint?

Rest assured you are not the only one who had this failure and for sure you will not be the last one.
You are though the only one bothered and trying to fix it as a regular customer would do. I think at least diehard & maybe the dudenextdoor experienced the same issue but they seem not to worry about it

If glue was in the heater area you'd know immediately bc it gets too hot down there, where the glue is used it is safe from heat and outgassing. I believe the web is being updated with instructions for this, but yes @Zangano Cruel best bet would be fill out the warranty form on RBT site. New Milaana rolling off the line should be better built to prevent these issues in the future.

Maybe see if a member here has some spare Evo caps? Another thing I've noticed, if you hit the stem a bit first, the load should be pretty compacted and stuck in the stem securely on its own from the heat. I've kept a packed stem in my pocket mid session without issue, the herb is in there good and secure until I break it up with a stir tool. Ofcourse not as good as a cap (and won't work for a fresh unhit bowl), but works pretty well in a pinch.

I'm not sure how well that'd work, but silicone on the tip of the standard glass stem would do the job, one of @Ratchett's SonGs would make for easy water connection, for any vape really

@hackslasher probably not a long wait at all now, there seem to be only 5 or so new us pre orders like yours, I'd expect shipment by next week and maybe even this week actually. I think he is gearing up to do 40 a week. Shop switches to wholesale as early as the 11th I think so get in while you still can lurkers or wait longer and pay more...

tblast

If glue was in the heater area you'd know immediately bc it gets too hot down there, where the glue is used it is safe from heat and outgassing. I believe the web is being updated with instructions for this, but yes @Zangano Cruel best bet would be fill out the warranty form on RBT site. New Milaana rolling off the line should be better built to prevent these issues in the future.

Maybe see if a member here has some spare Evo caps? Another thing I've noticed, if you hit the stem a bit first, the load should be pretty compacted and stuck in the stem securely on its own from the heat. I've kept a packed stem in my pocket mid session without issue, the herb is in there good and secure until I break it up with a stir tool. Ofcourse not as good as a cap (and won't work for a fresh unhit bowl), but works pretty well in a pinch.

I'm not sure how well that'd work, but silicone on the tip of the standard glass stem would do the job, one of @Ratchett's SonGs would make for easy water connection, for any vape really

@hackslasher probably not a long wait at all now, there seem to be only 5 or so new us pre orders like yours, I'd expect shipment by next week and maybe even this week actually. I think he is gearing up to do 40 a week. Shop switches to wholesale as early as the 11th I think so get in while you still can lurkers or wait longer and pay more...

Hmm is this the unit you're talking about?

http://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-medium/

So the moupiece end of the Mi stem should fit right into that silicone cranny there? Is that how this thing works?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hmm is this the unit you're talking about?

http://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-medium/

So the moupiece end of the Mi stem should fit right into that silicone cranny there? Is that how this thing works?

Yup! I actually have a different older one with a wider opening, but since it's silcione it should stretch enough. I believe he has some other versions available that could be better, I don't know if anyone here has tried that specific one for Zion or Milaana yet

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: SteamfunQ

AJS

Calm Consistency
@hackslasher @Oogendoogan
Someone ordered and received theirs in 6 days during the end of getting the bulk of us shipped. I know RBT is working on international, and still possibly waiting for button pieces, but it should be relatively quick I believe.
I think the main factors are getting the buttons (if he hasn't already), and getting bulk orders out of the way that retailers may have purchased from him. If he has a few dozen orders to get out for retailers, it may take longer for you guys if he can't keep up. I really would not suspect more than a few weeks though? But what do I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom