The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
What is the diff between the pro pong and the new thicker one for the PN?

Dreamerr,

cawshook

Solod out.
How does it perform in terms of really being able to taste the weed? I would imagine its not as good as the Solo, am i right?

cawshook,

Dreamerr

Wellllllllllllllll maybe. If it is very clean I guess then yes but I don't clean the bullets all that much and the taste doesn't get bad so if that is your concern it should be ok but ymmv.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Finally spotted a Pinnacle at the local headshop. They've got almost every vaporizer on this site!!

Pinnacle was REALLY fucking small. I know you guys said it a bunch, but WOW! I did a double-take. Also saw the PNWT, looks amazing :D

Last edited:

Lizard King

So my Pinnacle has a problem. When I plug it into charge, no lights come on. If I press the button, it flashes blue very quickly and then stops. Any ideas? I'm searching the thread, but no luck so far. If this has been discussed before, I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. Many thanks!

Lizard King,

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
So my Pinnacle has a problem. When I plug it into charge, no lights come on. If I press the button, it flashes blue very quickly and then stops. Any ideas? I'm searching the thread, but no luck so far. If this has been discussed before, I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. Many thanks!

It could possibly be the charger. If you know how to use a multimeter you can test the output.

If that is still good unfortunately you will probably need to contact VB for a return.

I called mine the flashing blue light of death.

My issue was the charging chip which was replaced and I haven't had any problems since.

Lizard King

It could possibly be the charger. If you know how to use a multimeter you can test the output.

If that is still good unfortunately you will probably need to contact VB for a return.

I called mine the flashing blue light of death.

My issue was the charging chip which was replaced and I haven't had any problems since.

Thank you!

Nofreakinway

Hey all, I just joined but I've been reading through all the threads on here for research for quite some time. I'm very excited because i just got a great deal on a pinnacle that should be here next week! After reading up on all the different options, I think this one is best suited for my needs (comparably less smell, nice temps, smaller size). I've only had experience with my vapor bros whip/box home vaporizer unit, so I'm really looking forward to my first venture into the portable world.

I didn't see a need for the pro model at this time seeing as I'm just starting out and can always upgrade later. Also, I plan to only use it for flowers and so don't really need the higher temps. Couldn't argue with the price I got either! I will return when I receive my unit and give my impressions. Very antsy and excited for the time being:D

Edit: Forgot to thank everyone who posted in this thread for all the information! It really helped me along with my decision.

Last edited:

CloudMonet

My DaVinci got lost last weekend when someone "cleaned up" around my drum kit while I was on a break. It was my only vape, so I was a wee bit heartbroken.

I found a great deal on a Pinnacle today, and can't wait for it to arrive. While it has fewer temperature options, I never really left 375 on the DV, so I don't think I'm missing out on much. The only thing I vaped at a lower temperature was St. John's Wort, but later on I started using Kava Kava for the same effect, which vapes at 375, making it far more convenient to blend. I usually mix up some flowers with Kava and add some Damiana if my wife is joining me. Blending's probably one of my favorite things about vaping, having an anti-anxiety bit mixed in is always nice. I've also messed around with things like dried blueberries, dried grapes, etc. to fool around with flavors a little.

My main question is this -- the DaVinci was great for oils, because of the cans it used. I'm not clear on why the non-Pro model is considered "flowers-only." Since the oil vapes at 390, what is the limitation?

I saw that receipt a few pages back where someone got extra canisters for $4 -- the cheapest I can find is $16/pair! I can understand that it must be somewhat expensive to manufacture them, though, especially with the weld holding the screen on.

Oh, and what are people using for bullet caps?

CloudMonet

Apologies if those questions have been answered already -- I read at least 80 pages of this thread today before asking. Sad, but true. I saw the bit about using buds for caps, but am also wondering what else people are using...

CloudMonet,

Dreamerr

They fit and I have used them with cotton and herb but you need the dv tool to get them back out. I still like the bullets better.

Dreamerr

Since you have all been asking here is my set up.
These are the caps http://www.amazon.com/Versilic-DX263010-50-Silicone-European-Diameter/dp/B002TG3W3U/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2IWYTZ3HD58ES&coliid=I2NTOO1ZPWJH1T This was toros23 idea and I perfected it I think. Remember you can share the caps as you will be getting 50. Then just cut them down to size. The link is being stupid so here is the item as well
Click for larger image and other views
31sU0GC2pXL._SL75_AA30_.jpg

Share your own related images
Image is representative of the product family.
Versilic DX263010-50 Silicone European Stopper, 9mm Top Diameter, 5mm Bottom Diameter, 10D Size, 20mm Height (Pack of 50)
Now I use two dube tubes but I have a longer one as well. The dube will hold three and one in the PN so that is your 4 sessions anyhow till you need a charge. I get closer to 7 cause I stay on low but I am still good as I run the bullets twice if I can keep track. Green is for ganga good lol and red NO SPENT, done, finished. Color coding helps lol.
bAWFBs9.jpg

If you notice I put them in the tube upside down so I can just dump it into the PN and remove the cap which I put in the spent tube. Easy as it gets. When you are done with a bullet you just dump it into the spent tube. You never have to touch anything so it can be piping hot and it isn't a big deal. Good luck with whatever you try but I personally don't see how the bullet holder can be easier then this.

CloudMonet

That's pretty sweet man, thanks for sharing. I hope my unit ships soon. it's only one state away, but I currently have no vape at all. It's amazing how fast you get used to the new way of doing things, and how archaic actually burning something seems.

CloudMonet,

Nofreakinway

Well I just got mine in and have been using it all day. I'm happy to say that I'm so far very impressed with my purchase!! The build quality and everything is great. I for one love the design of it and the size is just right. Operation is crazy simple! I'm very surprised with how effectively it medicates, perhaps I am just better at drawing from the pinnacle but it seems to give me better effects than when I use my vaporbrothers box/whip vape!

Another thing that impresses me is the abv herb and how evenly and thoroughly cooked the spent bullets are, with both high and low settings. Again, better than my vaporbros unit in that I didn't even have to set any dials to the perfect angle to get these results, just had to push a button. Very happy with the temp settings on this one, glad I didn't get the pro as the high setting is already quite enough for my needs!

Mine also included a black mouthpiece, instead of a flavored one, to accompany the standard clear. Nice since I wasn't planning on using the flavored one... the top cover doesn't seem loose for the time being as some people reported, we'll see how that holds up as I use it more.

No complaints so far! Hopefully I don't run into any battery issues or anything down the line cuz this will definitely be seeing a lot of usage. Can't wait to take it out tomorrow and test it in an on-the-go setting :D

OutkastBoss

I figured I would Do an update for ya F.C. pplz.
After reading this thread since the start and buying shortly after review, I used this thing heavily and loved it.

I almost got the wisper years ago and waited until I saw Portables evolve into something I could get exited about. The Pn and the Ascent were on the way and after the ascent released I felt lucky the Pn worked so well for me.

I participated in this thread with nothing but positive things to say for months and unfortunately when I had what I thought would be a minor C.S. issue it ended up being a big deal.
I never came to any agreement with VB over my Melty looking, possibly Iso damaged, Tinted V2 pong.
Trvb did offer to replace it with the same version that failed, So it's not like I wasn't offered any C.S.

However for my personal piece of mind nothing was going to do but the largest possible margin of safety, I required the latest Thick version of the Black PC high temp Pong for the Pn Pro.
If a partial discount was offered because it was an upgrade I could have lived with that, ultimately I felt treated rather rudely.

That is not what I wanted to update you on though, I wanted to give more info on how this thing is doing in the long run for me and why I am Back on my Pn as my primary source of relief.

I had a brand new standard Mp that I had never used based off of info here the Pong produced better.
The experience I had was similar, it was more restricted gummed up easier and to tell the truth looked ugly.
With my tinted Pong the Pn looked inconspicuous like a nose hair trimmer or something, the clear Mp drew more attention if it were just sitting in a drawer or glove box I.m.o.

The tip broke off of it in the first week and right as I was deciding to stop using it and likely sell the thing starting degrading a little and snapped off in the same place as my V2 Pong.
This happened in a very short period of maybe a month.

After kicking myself in the butt for continuing to use this thing I tried to retire it.
After a few days I realized just combusting didn't fully satisfy anymore so I went on the hunt for something better and I gotta say I was not impressed.

I would like to try a Solo but It just looks so bulky and I would likely break the glass stem, besides I don't like the idea of a milkshake like draw either.
The Bholt looks pretty cool But I like the herbal flavor of plant matter and the long great smelling/tasting sessions i get out of the Pn.
I may still get one just for sometimes use, but that wont replace my Pn.
Pax got ruled out because it's supposed to be kind of a hog and the MP sticking issues would not work out well with me.
Sometimes I shut off the Pn early and hit it a few times to cool and it keeps the load nicely, I have heard this is not the case with the PAX..

So If i can't replace it I need to use it for a year or 2 before something significantly better is out, I was considering the pro at the time my Pong broke. The idea of that or me actively showing and recommending the Pn ended after I was treated poorly over a $10 Mp

I contacted YoyoKid and he was very polite and did not hesitate to offer me a small discount on my Solid black thick PC Pn Pro Pong.
All I did was mention Both my Pong and Mp had failed and that I would like to make sure I was getting the latest revision of the PONG (the 5th by now I think) and he offered.

It looks AWESOME it is solid looking and shiny black like the area around your switch giving the Pn a 2 tone look. As time goes on I am still getting bigger hits out of this thing whether it be better technique or it breaking in, I don't care it produces.
I know the V2's are supposed to be Safe but after watching mine fail and the v1Mp fail in short order I feel like a much safer consumer with a much larger margin for error in this plastic that is in my airway.

I use this thing heavily which equates to more than one full charge a day and had considered buying a second one to swap out on the charger before I decided to avoid giving VB more of my $.
I will continue to use this thing heavily for as long as it lasts and I will keep you updated.
maybe it will last for years when hopefully something obviously superior is out.
If not maybe I will get a nice home unit like the cloud and the Solo or Bholt for when i'm out.

Updated Use synopsis:

Pong
High temp solid black thick PC Pong from the PNpro! For my peace of Mind It was worth buying and even though I don't use the WT a lot is I.m.o. the nicest Mp this unit could have.
It fits the same but I never had issues with the fitment as it tightens with residue from use.
It has been used heavily for weeks and had a couple iso soaks with no damage AT ALL.

W.T.
In the long run the W.T. never got used as much as I thought it would and while it does cool the Vapor good on high I just never felt it necessary.
I do think it is a must have just for the cool factor and I found it VERY useful recently while I was sick and had a very sore throat.

Use
I run bullets 1 cycle on low and then one on high when by myself so I am used to it on high without W.t.
A lot of times if I have a friend with me I start on low and switch to high about midway to get more production, I will only run those bullets once.

I used to be really careful packing them and use the wooden tool but now i just grab herb out of the grinder and stuff a pinch in at a time until medium resistance, I do this over the open grinder to catch the fallings.

Bullet Plugs
I am still using the original 3 plugs I cut from the Stoppers Toros and Dreamerr Use as Bullet caps.
they could not work any better I.m.o.

After sacrificing one to a direct flame and being impressed with its heat resistance, I ran a full session on high and as fast as I could popped the Mp off and shoved the stopper into the hot bullet to try and melt it a bit.
There was no damage and I normally don't move that fast so I feel safe capping them in a rush. LOL.
I used to dump them in my hand and while they cool surprisingly fast eventually you will almost not wait at all and get a very hot one.

Bullet Tube
I am still using the bluntpac tube as a bullet holder and it is working out great and has no damage from when I'm in a hurry and dump hot bullets right into it.
I keep 3 stoppered bullets in it and one in the PN, I usually only run one session every few hrs so for the most part they cool in the Pn.

I remove the Mp and put the stopper on in the Pn then dump Bluntpac into a pocket or cup holder and dump the bullet out of the Pn into the bottom of the Blunt tube and throw the fresh ones in with the stoppers facing up and rotated to the top so I know which have been run.

The Bluntpac is a touch wider than the bullets and a bit too long I.m.o. but it has worked out well, I used to use a space so the bullets wouldn't rattle in there but It ended up seeming like a waste of time.

i was exited to see what VB came up with but was a bit disappointed in their design , The Pn runs out of batts. Right about when my 4th bullet is spent so a carrier for 3 would have been more ideal for me.
I also think the slim profile of a pen type shape fits in the pocket better and matches the Pn Better.

Car Charger?
I would still really like to see a car charger but after using a Power inverter to charge a few times, I want one in my car anyway so n.b.d. there.

Things I still want to try
I still want to try the Silicone Mouthpiece Dreamerr uses to try and let the vapor cool a bit more that is peoples number one complaint that I see use it, maybe I can find black ones?

And I may get that Pen case as Well it seems like a nice fit and since I stopped carrying the WT almost immediately when I got this thing the case I posted up early in this thread was Bigger than it needed to be .
The Vapir no2 Screen at the top of the chamber to keep Mp screen clean Seems like a great Idea as well!

And maybe using PBW would be less harmful on the Mp's?

Nofreakinway

Does anyone here have any experience using other types of herbs besides the good ol' mary jane with their pinnacle? I'm looking to start dabbling in the many various types of vape-able botanicals that are out there, and I'm wondering which ones work well with the temp. range of the pinnacle.

Nofreakinway,

CloudMonet

I blend either kava kava or damiana almost every time.

The kava is an anti-anxiety thing, and it's also a nice sort of shroomy flavor. The damiana is another anti-anxiety thing, and also a bit of an aphrodisiac. I know that sounds ridiculous, and it's not going to make some hot chick you never met want to bang you, but if you're kinda tired after work and not entirely... ummmm... ready, I guess, it's enough to put you over the top. It also seems to have a stronger effect on women.

You can google up a few charts on vaporization temps and find a bunch of stuff that fits into the 360-400 range, and then get digging your way around to see what they all do. I have a bunch of Evernote notes on it, I rather enjoyed the whole process of finding the Good Stuff, even though in the end my combo ended up being pretty standard. I also picked up some mulungu bark, but it's too wet and resiny to really vape.

Meanwhile, the schmoe I ordered from printed the USPS label and sat on the package for 3 days. I finally emailed him, and an hour later I was notified that it had made it to the post office. So even though I paid for priority 2-day shipping, it's still going to take a full week to get here.

[edit] I should also mention that I've had really good luck with Starwest Botanicals for those things. They seem to have a really wide selection of stuff, and it's all been good quality. The weirdest thing is getting such a HUGE bag of stuff. I'm not quite used to that :]

Last edited:
Top Bottom