The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Does anyone here have any experience using other types of herbs besides the good ol' mary jane with their pinnacle? I'm looking to start dabbling in the many various types of vape-able botanicals that are out there, and I'm wondering which ones work well with the temp. range of the pinnacle.

like @CloudMonet , I have used damiana mixed with herb or by its self in an herbalaire desktop vape , the damiana vapes great at about 375 so mixed with herbs it works pretty well I usually turn it up to 380 ish, I also vape Lavender by its self because its vaping temp is a low one at approx. 266!
Still waiting to order some new herbs , but like the poster above Ive heard good things about kava kava!!!
I blend either kava kava or damiana almost every time.

The kava is an anti-anxiety thing, and it's also a nice sort of shroomy flavor. The damiana is another anti-anxiety thing, and also a bit of an aphrodisiac. I know that sounds ridiculous, and it's not going to make some hot chick you never met want to bang you, but if you're kinda tired after work and not entirely... ummmm... ready, I guess, it's enough to put you over the top. It also seems to have a stronger effect on women.

You can google up a few charts on vaporization temps and find a bunch of stuff that fits into the 360-400 range, and then get digging your way around to see what they all do. I have a bunch of Evernote notes on it, I rather enjoyed the whole process of finding the Good Stuff, even though in the end my combo ended up being pretty standard. I also picked up some mulungu bark, but it's too wet and resiny to really vape.

Meanwhile, the schmoe I ordered from printed the USPS label and sat on the package for 3 days. I finally emailed him, and an hour later I was notified that it had made it to the post office. So even though I paid for priority 2-day shipping, it's still going to take a full week to get here.

[edit] I should also mention that I've had really good luck with Starwest Botanicals for those things. They seem to have a really wide selection of stuff, and it's all been good quality. The weirdest thing is getting such a HUGE bag of stuff. I'm not quite used to that :]

Question for you?
Hows the Kava Kava taste ??
I hated the damiana taste at first ,but surprisingly got used to it and like it now!

BLAZING OG,

CloudMonet

Combusting damiana is definitely nasty. Being without a vape, it's impossible to smoke right now. But in the vape I don't mind it at all. As for the kava, I genuinely like the flavor that it adds.

I ordered the c/s, and vaped that for a while, then decided I wanted to try it more powdered, so I ran it through a coffee grinder. The result was that I was wishing I hadn't powdered it so much. I'm somewhat new to vaping, so I could be totally wrong about this, but it seems like powders might make the blend too dense?

Nofreakinway

Thanks for the suggestions! I had no clue kava was vaporizable, that's one i've been interested in trying for some time but now that I know this i'll be getting some soon. Damiana sounds nice as well, saw on another site that damiana's vaping temp is right within the pinnacles range. That sounds like a great combo to try out CloudMonet.

For the time being I have purchased a bag of various mixed herbs that I randomly came across today, including marjoram, thyme, sage, rosemary, and lavender among a few others. Altho the temp ranges for these are all over the place I'm still gonna give it a whirl in the pinnacle... hopefully it will have some nice results :p

Nofreakinway,

Hypno vaper

Since you have all been asking here is my set up.
These are the caps http://www.amazon.com/Versilic-DX263010-50-Silicone-European-Diameter/dp/B002TG3W3U/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2IWYTZ3HD58ES&coliid=I2NTOO1ZPWJH1T This was toros23 idea and I perfected it I think. Remember you can share the caps as you will be getting 50. Then just cut them down to size. The link is being stupid so here is the item as well
Click for larger image and other views
31sU0GC2pXL._SL75_AA30_.jpg

Share your own related images
Image is representative of the product family.
Versilic DX263010-50 Silicone European Stopper, 9mm Top Diameter, 5mm Bottom Diameter, 10D Size, 20mm Height (Pack of 50)
Now I use two dube tubes but I have a longer one as well. The dube will hold three and one in the PN so that is your 4 sessions anyhow till you need a charge. I get closer to 7 cause I stay on low but I am still good as I run the bullets twice if I can keep track. Green is for ganga good lol and red NO SPENT, done, finished. Color coding helps lol.
bAWFBs9.jpg

If you notice I put them in the tube upside down so I can just dump it into the PN and remove the cap which I put in the spent tube. Easy as it gets. When you are done with a bullet you just dump it into the spent tube. You never have to touch anything so it can be piping hot and it isn't a big deal. Good luck with whatever you try but I personally don't see how the bullet holder can be easier then this.

Dreamerr, may I ask how many pieces do you cut out of one plug? And do you use all of the pieces including the widest piece at the top or does that section get trashed for using the smaller bottom section of the plug? Thanks.

The Hypnotist

Hypno vaper,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Only the bottom fits but I never had the full piece but am getting more but not sure when. Remember they are tapered so the top can be used for something else maybe. A matter of fact I will ask and get back to you since toros is the one that cut them. His post about it is somewhere in this thread if you care to attempt to search but I know it doesn't always work.

CloudMonet

So I've gone through 2 charges on the Pinnacle so far, here are my thoughts:

I've only used the original DaVinci before, so my experience is somewhat limited. I can compare the two, though.

The Pinnacle wins on ease of use, not that the DV is in any way difficult.

The vapor/mouthpiece is a lot hotter on the Pinnacle, and I'm still trying to decide whether I like that or not. There's something visceral about having heat when "smoking" something, but at times it can become uncomfortable.

The post-vape leftovers are equal on both, they both do a great job of cooking everything up as thoroughly as possible.

The DV wins on battery life.

The Pinnacle wins on the packing ritual. The DV has some minor annoyances when loading and cleaning because the top *insists* on snapping itself shut on you all the time. It can be extremely annoying. The bullet model that Pinnacle has adopted is much easier, imho.

The Pinnacle also wins on general design. I just like the way it looks and feels. The DaVinci looks less like a smoking tool, as it looks more like a baby monitor or a small handheld radio, but then people will wonder why you're sucking on your antenna.... With the Pinnacle you can easily say it's just a new e-cog. Although I'd really rather use either discreetly and not have to explain why it smells like weed around you. I don't care what anyone says, when you exhale vapor it smells like weed. IMHO, the stealth factor doesn't change whether you're smoking a joint or a vape, you still don't want to do it around cops and the like.

I'm happy with the Pinnacle, and I was happy with the DV. I don't have a clear winner here, they're both very capable tools.

Hypno vaper

Only the bottom fits but I never had the full piece but am getting more but not sure when. Remember they are tapered so the top can be used for something else maybe. A matter of fact I will ask and get back to you since toros is the one that cut them. His post about it is somewhere in this thread if you care to attempt to search but I know it doesn't always work.
Ok thanks Dreamerr, I'm up to page 53 hopefully I haven't passed it yet. I actually have the pro (unused yet) so I'm reading both threads for all the expertise.

Edit: yeah your right, the search hasn't worked out too well for me, might just be the fact that I'm using a mini iPad. Maybe I don't have full access to the site.

The Hypnotist

Hypno vaper,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Dreamerr

Nah the search just stinks. I asked the question to toros when I said I would and still waiting for an answer. I am fairly sure I am right though. Either but them and see, share with other members free or small split the cost, access and see what else you can use the larger part for. When I get the answer I will certainly let you know.

@Hypno vaper it is as I said...basically a cork and cut off the rest. You may be able to use the unused piece for bigger cambers on something.

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Using the Pinnacle a lot and keep going between the mouthpiece and PonG I found I like the feel of the MP and performance of the PonG, not a big surprise after reading through the thread.

I did find a DIY fix that gives me the feel of a MP and benefit of the PonG. Really simple, I took a mouthpiece from a wooden Vapor Genie and slipped an inch or so of silicone whip from MFLB over the end and it fits into the pong forming a airtight seal giving you the feel of a mouthpiece that stays cool. I have a PNPro PonG and the Black VG Mouthpiece actually looks frickin' cool although it adds an inch or so to the length when you use it.
I did try a glass stem from a MFLB, it works well also and helps cool down the vapor a bit (very little but it does).
EEE GAD I love this little vape

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Using the Pinnacle a lot and keep going between the mouthpiece and PonG I found I like the feel of the MP and performance of the PonG, not a big surprise after reading through the thread.

I did find a DIY fix that gives me the feel of a MP and benefit of the PonG. Really simple, I took a mouthpiece from a wooden Vapor Genie and slipped an inch or so of silicone whip from MFLB over the end and it fits into the pong forming a airtight seal giving you feel of a mouthpiece that stays cool. I have a PNPro PonG and the Black VG Mouthpiece actually looks frickin' cool although it adds an inch or so to the length when you use it.
I did try a glass stem from a MFLB, it works well also and helps cool down the vapor a bit (very little but it does).
EEE GAD I love this little vape
Awesome , I like that Idea.
Maybe you can post a pic of how it looks , sounds very promising to mod the mouthpiece with our own.

BLAZING OG,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
BLAZING OG you'll just have to Believe or picture it in your minds eye I'm a tech challenged guy so no pictures for now, sorry about that. It is working nicely for me as I can't always use the WT. I like the WT but i'm still really a dry vapor person.
I am blazed from A bullet, one, 1 bullet + WT= :smug:

RUDE BOY,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
BLAZING OG you'll just have to Believe or picture it in your minds eye I'm a tech challenged guy so no pictures for now, sorry about that. It is working nicely for me as I can't always use the WT. I like the WT but i'm still really a dry vapor person.
I am blazed from A bullet, one, 1 bullet + WT= :smug:
hahaha no worries , I ll take my vision based on your ideas and see what I can come up with.
I cant wait to try it out, I have a lotus keeping me very happy at the moment , but I still need to get a another portable for certain occasion. I love dry vapor myself, coming from a smoker of 15+ years (herbs, not cigarettes) I like the hot/warm thicker vapor, and at times I still add water cooling but only a tiny bit of water as opposed to when I used to combust I used a fair amount of water.
:popcorn::razz::spliff::smug:

OutkastBoss

The bag of those stoppers came with plenty the top 1/4 or so made a perfect stopper .

So you get one for each one because the bottom portion left over is too small to fit just right.

bladebss

Ok I have searched the thread and forum but can't find anthing on this....
I have had my PN for about 9 months I guess and I have enjoyed my time with it alot! but now when I turn it on it starts flashing red!, fast, then slow and then fast again.. it doesn't heat up, it wont turn off, it just does that for about a minute and then shuts down :( does any one know whats going on? Is my baby dead now?

bladebss,

Dreamerr

You are alllllllllllllllllllllll so lucky................got money and nothing to buy. Have two pn's among many other vapes but the only two things I want vapewise is a great pen for concnetrates that doesn't leak and I don't have to do magic tricks think ascent. I new grinder is in my future as well but I didn't see any sales on the huge scs or spacecase. Great buy kitfated.

JAVernola

Always on a higher plane
Got one of these a few weeks ago and was loving it. Came across a problem with it today. Signed up for this forum (as this was the forum I was reading when I decided to purchase the product) to make it known and give people an update on the process as it goes. Hopefully everything is handled quickly as I really do enjoy this product. Basically what happened is my mouthpiece fused itself with the rest of the unit and when I tried to remove the mouthpiece to unload a used bullet the whole unit came out. The flavored mouthpiece didn't even last a minute.

That said, before today, I was and probably still am willing to call it the best portable vape I've owned (I had been burned by the Atmos Junior twice in the past) it packs one hell of a punch as far as medicating and before I started getting a plastic taste during my sessions today I was getting great flavor with my herb.

If it didn't work as well as it did, I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed as I am that it broke.

Really hope this gets settled quickly, I don't want to have to go back to combusting for long. Not when vaporizing is so much cleaner and more effective in terms of medicating. I also don't have the cash lying around to just go buy a new one in the interim.

If you have a chance to buy one, I would wholly recommend it, just with the caveat that this may happen. Hopefully the customer support is as good as I've seen so far.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Got one of these a few weeks ago and was loving it. Came across a problem with it today. Signed up for this forum (as this was the forum I was reading when I decided to purchase the product) to make it known and give people an update on the process as it goes. Hopefully everything is handled quickly as I really do enjoy this product. Basically what happened is my mouthpiece fused itself with the rest of the unit and when I tried to remove the mouthpiece to unload a used bullet the whole unit came out. The flavored mouthpiece didn't even last a minute.

That said, before today, I was and probably still am willing to call it the best portable vape I've owned (I had been burned by the Atmos Junior twice in the past) it packs one hell of a punch as far as medicating and before I started getting a plastic taste during my sessions today I was getting great flavor with my herb.

If it didn't work as well as it did, I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed as I am that it broke.

Really hope this gets settled quickly, I don't want to have to go back to combusting for long. Not when vaporizing is so much cleaner and more effective in terms of medicating. I also don't have the cash lying around to just go buy a new one in the interim.

If you have a chance to buy one, I would wholly recommend it, just with the caveat that this may happen. Hopefully the customer support is as good as I've seen so far.
Sorry to hear, I've seen @TherealVaporblunt in action with warranty/return stuff and he's good people. Early on, we found out that those little flavored MP's aren't that great. The PonG (plastic on glass) adapter seems to give a much easier draw.

On the upside... I see that you're hesitant to want to go back to burning? Welcome to the club :nod:

Protip: buy another vaporizer! Have a look at the VaporGenie, The Hammer, and The Lotus. The VG and Lotus depend on a lighter (VG with a regular lighter or small torch lighter, Lotus needing a torch), and The Hammer has a reservoir for butane in it. The three don't need electricity to run and are well-built. And they're all under a bill!

You've learned what most of us have discovered the hard way: having only one vaporizer isn't really an option. Shit happens, life happens... but I know I'll never go back to smoking!

And welcome to FC!

lookhigh

FC member
Came across a problem with it today. Signed up for this forum (as this was the forum I was reading when I decided to purchase the product) to make it known and give people an update on the process as it goes. Hopefully everything is handled quickly as I really do enjoy this product. Basically what happened is my mouthpiece fused itself with the rest of the unit and when I tried to remove the mouthpiece to unload a used bullet the whole unit came out. The flavored mouthpiece didn't even last a minute.
Did you try pushing the unit back into the cover? you should be able to switch on then and heat up your unit a little that makes removing the pong easy.

JAVernola

Always on a higher plane
Did you try pushing the unit back into the cover? you should be able to switch on then and heat up your unit a little that makes removing the pong easy.

I did push the unit back into the cover. Unfortunately the power button isn't functioning and I'm hearing a small rattle if I slightly shake it. Once I pushed the unit back into the casing, it was able to take a charge and appeared to be functioning in that regard, but the power button is completely non-functional. I'm hoping it's just an issue with the power button. As for the MP, I'm hoping maybe a switch to the MP from the pro or DLX or a PonG will help with the plastic getting stuck/melting. I should also note that I had this problem maybe two minutes or so after finishing my session, it's not like I gave the thing a huge amount of time to cool down and stick to itself like that, otherwise I'd be blaming myself for this.

I do appreciate the help though, @lookhigh

On the upside... I see that you're hesitant to want to go back to burning? Welcome to the club :nod:

Protip: buy another vaporizer! Have a look at the VaporGenie, The Hammer, and The Lotus. The VG and Lotus depend on a lighter (VG with a regular lighter or small torch lighter, Lotus needing a torch), and The Hammer has a reservoir for butane in it. The three don't need electricity to run and are well-built. And they're all under a bill!

You've learned what most of us have discovered the hard way: having only one vaporizer isn't really an option. Shit happens, life happens... but I know I'll never go back to smoking!

And welcome to FC!

Thanks for the welcome. Started researching the three you recommended last night after I saw your reply, really finding myself partial to the aesthetic and price tag of the VaporGenie along with the reviews seen here. You're right, shit happens, and having multiple vapes is a smart idea. I had to basically bring Michael Jordan out of retirement this morning and I have absolutely NO IDEA how I was able to burn for so long. In the immortal words of the philosopher Butt-Head "I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good." Haha.

Thanks for the help guys!

al bundy

Vaporist
If you can get the Pinnacle apart again take the power button and display off the sleeve first
Then stick the Pinnacle back in body then put the powerswitch/light display back on.

al bundy,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

@ JAVernola if you read some of this thread you will see this happens and the mouth pieces will get stuck. You have to wiggle them off carefully and then clean. You will get what is called creep and it should be in a post by me a page or so back or search for engineer in this thread to see his explanation. It doesn't take to long, but I vape a lot to render the mouth piece useless. I actually just boiled one to clean it and I think it is a goner but it was an older thin one. The thicker ones hold up a bit better but are still consumables in my useage patterns.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
So is my pong gunna melt? Or will that be okay? Its clear, i plan on not using my real mouthpiece

KidFated.,
Top Bottom