The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

BlueCloud

Mine's a clicker too. Sounds like thermal expansion and contraction to me also. Only happens during heating and cooling.

Maybe Engineering can throw his 2 cents in as I assume its safe. Though I am not a ceramic expert by any means. (As I assume its the ceramic that's "clicking")

Same here, during heating and cooling. I don't think there is any ceramic in the unit though.

BlueCloud,

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
the vapor path is known (ceramic, plastic and teflon), what we don't have are specifics with msds sheets.

I was going off of what sticks said earlier. But looking into it a little more Engineering did say this:

TRVB Asked if I could explain a few of the technical questions you all have had:

Materials: The Heated components (Like has been mentioned earlier) are made of Teflon, PES and Stainless Steel.

So I am not sure what could be cracking when heating and cooling. Hopefully TRVB or Engineering can chime in.

lovinlivinlife,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I believe, but don't quote me, that the heating element is ceramic lined with SS.

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

Thanks Sticks but I didn't think it was a correction that said No there isn't ceramic in the unit. I just thought that meant it was lined with ss so ceramic wasn't in the air path. Now we have to get an answer from Engineer again oh well:lol:. Personally I don't care either way but of course I have to know.

Dreamerr,

BlueCloud

TRVB Asked if I could explain a few of the technical questions you all have had:

Materials: The Heated components (Like has been mentioned earlier) are made of Teflon, PES and Stainless Steel.

As far as the plastics go, anything that could get over 400F is made of PTFE (better known as the DuPont brand Teflon) This is the best thermoplastic currently known for high temperature operation. It is used in Non stick cookware and in medical implants. Anyhting you can see in teh heating chamber that is white is PTFE.

Belgianvapor

I was cleaning the mouthpiece today and was using some 96% iso on a q tip and by doing so I
fogged up the mp a bit more.
Then I took a tooth pick to clean the small corners and while scraping I noticed that I could scrape
off the "fog"...
Maybe there is another chemical reaction happening instead of ruining the mp or is this normal?

Belgianvapor,

Dreamerr

Well that is scary....I hope someone can answer what that might be. I am thinking just buildup instead of something breaking down maybe?

Dreamerr,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
No its the polycarb reacting and breaking down. Mine does this as well. When I threw it in the ultrasonic cleaner a lot of the "fog" came off as well, however, the polycarb sustained cavitation injuries during the cleaning process so ultrasonics are out . . .

t-dub,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So are we safe using this t-dub?
I can not and will not certify anything, especially this, as safe for anyone, period. It bothers me that resin seems to "permeate" into the surface of the polycarb and then can't be fully removed. This implies a porosity that I don't care for. A new undamaged piece may not do this, but I wouldn't know . . . :\

JoeKickass

70% iso is what vaporblunt & engineering use with no issue, I think we should just use that.

But simply wiping the screen with paper towel when it's hot works pretty good imo

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
A new design with a different material maybe and getting warranty replacement mouthpieces seem to be in order I think?
Yes. I have been quietly watching how this is handled. I also need some rubber stoppers for my WT . . .

t-dub,

Chill Dude

Yeah, I have to say I'm not a big fan of polycarbonate or plastics of any sort used in vaporizers. Although a lot of those materials are labeled as" food safe" , it still bothers me that the polycarbonate used can't tolerate ISO cleaning. The heat resistant properties of the materials seems okay, but who really knows for sure? I think I prefer glass, high grade ceramic and stainless steel when it comes to vapes...

As far as replacement mouthpieces go, I think TRVB stated that using glass for the mouthpiece would be cost prohibitive for them..Perhaps they could use a more tolerant type of material other than glass?

I really like the Pinnacle, it's portable, medicates well and is very user friendly. OTOH, I think they could have used better materials and the Pinnacle would be a superior product IMO....

Chill Dude,

Dreamerr

I know we can't get glass chill just from a design standpoint cause it clicks on. OTOH if it isn't safe for iso it isn't safe for us to use maybe and that is my concern. I haven't used iso since the first time with just a q-tip but that still doesn't make me feel confident. I love this vape more and more every time I go out with it and today was one of those days. Nothing is perfect but we don't want unsafe. Maybe just another material instead of the one we now have.

Chill Dude

70% iso is what vaporblunt & engineering use with no issue, I think we should just use that.

But simply wiping the screen with paper towel when it's hot works pretty good imo

I used 91% ISO, just for a quick clean not a long soak, and my mouthpiece still fogged up. I think you're right maybe 70% is the highest concentration the polycarbonate can tolerate..

Shmoo

Anyway, moral is we know very well the affect of ISO on Acrylic, which is why we do not use it. Like TRVB has said, we cannot replicate the results. And this is from an 50% ISO soak for 72 hrs. No harmful effects noted.
I'm gonna play it safe and use 50% iso when the time comes.

On another note, GotVape has STILL not sent me vapor wipes. I ordered them with my Pinnacle a few weeks ago, and they're still on backorder. Ugh. I've already contacted them multiple times and the shipment keeps getting pushed back, apparently.

EDIT: Looks like the wipes use 70% iso, so I guess I'll be using that. Do you know where TRVB or engineering said they used 70%?

lolking

They cost $229.99 and you have to call or email us to get them. I only have 35 in stock, if they sell well ill stock more. Sometime, if you call us and ask for just about anything and we can sometimes make it happen!!! It comes in 6 different color combos, I'll try together pics up soon. (Red/black, blue/whit, purple/white, kiwi/white, dark green/white, black/white)

Can you make the watertool out of the same plastic as the PonG adapter?
I am clumsy and break glass too easy :\

lolking,

XGerpXDerpX

I was sticking a silicone whip tube from another device into the pinnacle, it worked very good...pinnacle was like a mouthpiece on the whip

XGerpXDerpX,

b0

Cloudy...
A new design with a different material maybe and getting warranty replacement mouthpieces seem to be in order I think?

I said something similar a lot of post before. They addressed the issue simply fogging the mouthpices and making them black. That's why I didn't order a Pinacle in the end, I was really interested in this vape...

I think they should use the same plastic Iolite uses in his tubbing, I always cleaned soaking in ISO and never had a single problem.

Top Bottom