The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

JoeKickass

think illedeplh but not as crazy
qeHv22B.jpg

I put it on imgur, that is such a sweet piece I love colbalt glass!

It really cools down the vapor like nothing I've ever used, but it isn't cheap. I'm wondering if people still care about this, and if you would be willing to pay $150 for a WT that is basically the pinnacle tool with a freezable section on top. I need some feedback please!!! I'll get a pic up soon
I'd be down.

Remember using a bong with ice guys? It's like breathing mountain air!
(and would totally help the taste of even the foulest bowl *cough* Pax lol)
Personally I would pass. Room temp or warm water is smoother ime.
Warm is smoother yes, but ime colder tastes better (like cold beer or soda)

I bet it's going to feel like an ice cube in your pocket though :lol:
so maybe it would be more of a "special occasion" piece

JoeKickass,
Reactions: Crohnie

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hmmm . . I see 2 sides to this coin . . . smoothness vs taste . . . :lol:

Smoothness always wins over taste in my book. I figured it taste better then combustion regardless of how bad it tastes... so might as well go for smooth. I also feel like taste has never been a huge factor for me anyway.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Smoothness always wins over taste in my book. I figured it taste better then combustion regardless of how bad it tastes... so might as well go for smooth. I also feel like taste has never been a huge factor for me anyway.
Agreed . . . :) I don't even use ice or cold water any more, haven't for a long time.

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
That's a honker! Obviously the coldness in the pocket isn't going to be a problem, but for the size I think $150 is pretty reasonable. I would see if you can get a spiral in the glycerin section, also colbalt blue is a cool color :D

Thanks for the feedback. The top part is the glycerin, the part by my thumb is the perk. I can't give away too much info, but this is for a home unit I am working on. problem is that those coils are tough to do, that's why illedelph cost $$$$. Unless you guys want to have to apply for a loan to buy it, I need to keep it somewhat simple. Any more feedback from anyone?

TherealVaporblunt,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I keep trying to get my lhs owner to try his LSV with water, but he can't rip himself away from his vapor tamer.

Why are you using tubing?

I think jka has a good point...it might be a harder sell to the portable market since the freezable part only works if you are not out and about. But a lot of us use portables as main drivers. I think the price is very reasonable given the price of a plain WT.

stickstones,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I keep trying to get my lhs owner to try his LSV with water, but he can't rip himself away from his vapor tamer.

Why are you using tubing?

I think jka has a good point...it might be a harder sell to the portable market since the freezable part only works if you are not out and about. But a lot of us use portables as main drivers. I think the price is very reasonable given the price of a plain WT.

Great question on the tubing. If you look close at the FCT (freezable chamber tool) you'll notice it is a piece of 12mm glass rod, not a female as would be needed to set on top of pinnacle or vb2. This allows the FCT to work with pinnacle, vb2 and my new plug in unit I'm working on as a whip.

I agree it will be rare that the FCT would leave home, it is an amazingly versatile little device! I think it really changes the experience of any vape I attach it to. You guys hit it dead on with it improving taste, an the downside is that I can't take as big of rip because I cough easier.

TherealVaporblunt,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I agree with JK. Cobalt blue is a very cool color and might have a wider appeal, IMO. :2c:

@lookhigh: Several people in this forum are presently working on a Vaporpedia page for the Pinnacle.

Crohnie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Great question on the tubing. If you look close at the FCT (freezable chamber tool) you'll notice it is a piece of 12mm glass rod, not a female as would be needed to set on top of pinnacle or vb2. This allows the FCT to work with pinnacle, vb2 and my new plug in unit I'm working on as a whip.

I agree it will be rare that the FCT would leave home, it is an amazingly versatile little device! I think it really changes the experience of any vape I attach it to. You guys hit it dead on with it improving taste, an the downside is that I can't take as big of rip because I cough easier.

I would think you would want to keep all future developments in the 14mm or 18mm camp for the sake of interchangeability. If it's all made by the same company, let's keep it swappable without having to mod it. It would be sweet if I could buy an accessory for the PN that I know will work perfectly with my blunt or the plug in unit.

Worst case scenario, you make all your glass 14mm and have adapters that allow them to work with all three units.

stickstones,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
did someone set up a page on vaporpedia? cant find it.

I am working on it cause I never did it before so it is slow going. I think I have all the info done now just need the review parts done.

Dreamerr,
Just pulled the trigger on one of these.

Been doing a lot of reading on different portables after buying a thermovape evolution and not enjoying it at all. I haven't read too much negative on the pinnacle. Looking forward to comparing it to my daily driver, the MFLB.

Reverend Irreverent,
Thanks for the feedback. The top part is the glycerin, the part by my thumb is the perk. I can't give away too much info, but this is for a home unit I am working on. problem is that those coils are tough to do, that's why illedelph cost $$$$. Unless you guys want to have to apply for a loan to buy it, I need to keep it somewhat simple. Any more feedback from anyone?

Making glass spirals is hard as hell, check out this amazing glassblower churn it out like a finely tuned machine all the same. If you're into glass at all then watch every video he has because he's a fantastic glassblower.

I hear Illadelph only hires glassblowers with degrees in scientific glass.

charliedontsurf,

lookhigh

FC member
I am working on it cause I never did it before so it is slow going. I think I have all the info done now just need the review parts done.
Nice one. I was just experimenting with the bullet load. found fairly well stuffed worked best for me.

lookhigh,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I change the way I load depending on my mood. I do put a piece of bud in the end to cap it if I pre-load out and about and it doesn't spill. It has become my new cap and works really well. It is a tiny tiny piece but because it isn't ground it holds the ground stuff in. I have been using my INH for that last five days anyhow. I need to switch since even a slight delivery change helps me.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
IMG951113_zpsc74e7c39.jpg

Freezable glycerine

I've got a Glycerine coil that I used all the time back in the day. They really do cool your smoke/vapor down a significant amount. I'm really digging it TRVB! Pinnacle is still my favorite portable right now. Got rid of my Pax and love the Solo... but I find myself grabbing for the Pinnacle more often than not.

TheHerbalReview,

keysplicer

TRVB,

Based on my limited vaping experience, I think that the glycerine coil would be positioned as more of a novelty product for hardcore collectors rather than appealing to the general vaping market.

First, the standard WT works awesome! After researching a variety of vapes, I eventually purchased the PN w/o the WT. While the PN is a vast improvement over combustion, it can still be harsh due to its inherently short draw length. It was a tough decision to drop another $100 on the WT, but it greatly increased my overall vaping experience by reducing nearly all of the uncomfortable (unhealthy?) harshness and heat when I take long, slow draws. I'm sure the glycerine coil provides a further improvement, but IMHO, the improvement would be incremental, while the the cost increase would be significant.

Second, I don't usually plan my vaping sessions in advance, but the glycerine coil would require continual foresight. I would probably forget to "re-freeze" the tube after each use and I would be a little worried about it getting damaged/discovered in our freezer by my kids.

Simply, the glycerine tube is a great idea, but I don't think it provides enough additional benefit to justify the higher price, but that's just my :2c:.

Either way, I'm very impressed by your excellent communication and commitment to innovation and improvement - the best can never rest! Keep it coming Team VaporBlunt!

lookhigh

FC member
The only minor compliant i have is the mouthpiece being slightly loose. might get a new grey one and see if thats better.

lookhigh,
Top Bottom