The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

Shmoo

So I tried out the WT, and it's really nice. Definitely irritates my throat less. I'm still experimenting with the draw speed and vapor production while using it, so I think next time I'm going to look in the mirror while hitting it. (It's kind of hard to tell how much vapor is in the WT while using it.) I love how small the WT is though...makes it super easy to carry and store.
My vapor wipes are backordered from GotVape, but when I get them, I'm going to try wiping then rinsing the mouthpiece, based on TheHerbalReview's method and Pak's article.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
So I tried out the WT, and it's really nice. Definitely irritates my throat less. I'm still experimenting with the draw speed and vapor production while using it, so I think next time I'm going to look in the mirror while hitting it. (It's kind of hard to tell how much vapor is in the WT while using it.) I love how small the WT is though...makes it super easy to carry and store.
My vapor wipes are backordered from GotVape, but when I get them, I'm going to try wiping then rinsing the mouthpiece, based on TheHerbalReview's method and Pak's article.

Yuppp! I've actually got a pack of the Got Vape wipes myself, and they work wonders in both the bullets and the mouthpiece.

TheHerbalReview,

Engineering

Manufacturer
I repeat my suspicion that the problem is the length of exposure to ISO. See this essay on the Chemical Properties of Acrylic.

Diluted ISO and/or short exposure will not have a noticeable effect. That could explain why TRVB said they've tested and can't replicate the problem. TheHerbalReview says he uses ISO wipes on his PN and P2 all the time without issue. Others have reported the same.

The mouthpiece is not made from Acrylic, it is Polycarbonate. Different material - though both are clear.

We had a fun experience before the launch of the palm where I gave TRVB what we call "T1," or first run from the new tooling plastic to test. It was made from Acrylic instead of PC, simply because that was what our molder had on hand at the time (remember these were just test pieces, not production parts). Well TRVB went to clean it with ISO and it literally exploded! :o That was a fun phone call.

Anyway, moral is we know very well the affect of ISO on Acrylic, which is why we do not use it. Like TRVB has said, we cannot replicate the results. And this is from an 50% ISO soak for 72 hrs. No harmful effects noted.

This is the composition of the alcohol that ruined my mouthpiece, as stated in the label. It is in spanish, I hope it won't be a problem as it is technical stuff:
  • Etanol 65%
  • Alcohol Isopropilico 35%
  • Desnat. con Bitrex 2ppm
    Flotato de dietilo 0.3%

Hmm... Isopropilico... unless thats spanish for isopropyl it may be a different chemical structure, not sure the effects, never come across it.

It's main ingredient, Ethanol, is fine for PC. However if it is Methanol - that is bad, it will attach the PC. (remove one carbon atom and look what happens :o)

as for the Flotato de dietilo .3% a google search brings up exactly 5 results, one of which is this page, 3 are in Spanish (no habla espanol) . It's a plasticiser, probably a leaching from the container it's held in. Dosent appear harmful.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The mouthpiece is not made from Acrylic, it is Polycarbonate. Different material - though both are clear.

Thanks for the correction. Since it's polycarbonate, I'm not surprised that a 72 hour soak in ISO had no effect. I knew the body was polycarbonate but I swear I read somewhere that the mouthpiece was acrylic. Now I have to do some research to find out where I got that misinformation.

pakalolo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I try to use 91% iso and usually never below 70%, just based on what's available to me. If you want to replicate what people on this board are doing, i suggest somewhere near 90% for testing.

qaz!

Mine has arrived, I'm so excited this thing is tiny! Got it on charge probably won't be able to try until later in the week

qaz!,
Reactions: Shmoo

JoeKickass

I have a pic on an *other* thread but yeah it comes with very good instructions!
rz4hBUj.jpg

JoeKickass,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sounds like he got one without the card. there's not much to it. fill the bullet, put it in the PN, attach the mouthpieece and push the button once. When it stops blinking inhale. push the button again for the hot setting and hold it in to turn it off.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
boo was so excited to try out my wt tool, opened it up and it's shattered. Bought on ebay, hope I get a new one quick! Really want to try this with solo, pax and dart.
YazeXVNl.jpg

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
How the heck did that happen kush...that is very sad :cry:

Dreamerr,
boo was so excited to try out my wt tool, opened it up and it's shattered. Bought on ebay, hope I get a new one quick! Really want to try this with solo, pax and dart.
So sorry. Hope they don't make you file a claim with the USPS - can get Kafkaesque explaining such contents to a federal widget.

kelper,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
So sorry. Hope they don't make you file a claim with the USPS - can get Kafkaesque explaining such contents to a federal widget.
I made sure to tell the seller it was their fault and how to package glass better. Will NOT be filling a claim :) ebay's got my back at least. Hopefully the seller is easy to work with!

kushcabbage,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Wow, didn't they send it in the original box that it comes in or do all vendors pack there own? Bad packing there fault.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom