The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It should have been in one of the small zip locks. How do they keep leaving pieces out of the packages?

I was very happy with my cute little thing while out today.

Dreamerr,
I find that since I've been vaping for several years that smoking doesn't get me as high, nor for as long, as vaping. Then I sit around and watch my smoker friends vape very little and get blasted, whereas I am vaping a lot more weed to get similar effects. Vapor is stronger than smoke, so when people first vape they get blasted pretty easily and they go apeshit over whatever vape they are using, sometimes attributing the great experience to the vaporizer rather than the plant. So, vapor noobs are going to be much more impressed with a low temp vaporizer than someone who has been around the block with higher temps.
Blessed are the noobs with their plethora of cannabinoid receptors.

Dreamerr

I am fast sometimes lmao...I won't tell if you don't.

Dreamerr,

JoeKickass

That's so awesome!! I have a tiny Gentleman's vape pen that I like to take around with me but that thing looks like it'd be a really good home vape. I love it!
The PN is small enough to bring out and about, it just takes a bit long to warm up so it's hard to duck out fast. The tube and the PN can both be in the same pocket too!

Kaptan

I have a while to wait, so I am using the WT on my other portables :D this is a great little piece of glass. I have made a glass top to try when the battery is charged. If it works, I'll share more info.
Have you paired it with the Solo yet? Wish I had a 14mm gong stem instead of the 18, but it worked okay with a PVHES straight stem.

Kaptan,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so while I am waiting to charge, I've come up with 2 possible MP mods, at least for me to use here at home. The first one involves the standard solo gong 14mm stem, a lid from an ELB, and some high temp silicone tubing. It works, and I got plenty of vapor on low (had to test since charge was showing done) it just is not any more secure than the original MP so I have to hold onto it when in use. Not really acceptable but was fun to try. Here are a few pics: (please forgive the fuzzy tubing,it's a dust magnet)

UFSvPTM.jpg

2oYlXN8.jpg

th9BUkG.jpg

F2SrIIS.jpg

fjoB1yT.jpg

For those of you who still have the Thermovape glass adapter and some high heat silicone tubing, I put this together, and it works really well! Feels a lot more stable than the solo stem, and has a very low profile. I also put a small screen in the top of my bullet to keep the herb in, loaded it pretty full then pressed it down some. All hits I took on low were plenty visible vapor and I definitely got medicated from my first few hits trying out both of these mod tops. I would not say I am as medicated as high heat, but definitely strong in effect to the point I had to put it down for a bit. I didn't even get through 5 mins of running time. Probably took a dozen hits or so, guessing because I was too busy tinkering to count the puffs. Here are the pics for the TV glass adapter. It fits perfectly inside the tube, with my 2 layers of high heat silicone tubing.

3vlChEA.jpg

rXiSPCm.jpg

fmWP51R.jpg

***edit: second round, I used the TV glass adapter mod, and took 5-6 more hits on low, it's easily comparable to my pax on low, and the high setting on the PN reminds me of the med setting on the pax. I am getting plenty of vapor so far, not blowing thick clouds by any means, but it's plenty visible under my desk lamp. I still have not tried the Pong, will test that next round.

videos to come....

Dreamerr

Did you got right to modding lol. Did you even try the regular mouth piece first.

I had no issue using the solo with the WT. Do you like a tight fit? I guess I am a two handed wt person maybe that is one of the reasons I don't like it.

Dreamerr,

JoeKickass

It's easily comparable to my pax on low, and the high setting on the PN reminds me of the med setting on the pax.
Wow that's quite an endorsement, but it was too hard for me to justify keeping mine :(

Another area it beats the Pax hands down is cleaning!

JoeKickass,

Shmoo

***edit: second round, I used the TV glass adapter mod, and took 5-6 more hits on low, it's easily comparable to my pax on low, and the high setting on the PN reminds me of the med setting on the pax.
That makes a lot of sense, since the low settings on the pax and pinnacle are both 370 degrees, and the high setting of the pinnacle is the same as the medium setting of the pax at 390 degrees.

By the way, how are you packing your bullets?

Shmoo,

Dreamerr

I bet not with a piece of tubing now lol.
Jam so I am awaiting if my review was spot on pros and cons.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I also put a small screen in the top of my bullet to keep the herb in, loaded it pretty full then pressed it down some. All hits I took on low were plenty visible vapor and I definitely got medicated from my first few hits trying out both of these mod tops.

Here's a pic of my first load ABV the left is the PN and the right is a pinch from my jar.

3JIXOAt.jpg

**edit

I've run another load, using the Pong top, loosely filled the bullet to the top, then pressed it all down with a screen to cap it. I am definitely getting vapor, but not really enough to show up in my attempted first video. I need some time to chill then I will try again.

I have to be honest. I am having mixed feelings about this one. It is working, and it does produce decent vapor IMO both dry and wet. I need to spend a little more time getting to know the learning curve. I must also comment on the fact that I must be graduating into higher temp vaping because I really didn't fully reach the comfort level I am used to getting with my log or cloud vape. I will give this a few more rounds on the hi setting tonight and see how it goes.

Over all, I do think this vape works just fine. It's not a serious cloud producer (another comparrison would be PN on high is similar to my experience with the Solo on 4), which is probably good for the stealth factor. I didn't find it any more uncomfortable to hit dry than any of the others I've used. I will pay closer attention on the next load to how much I am putting in there, and how long it seems to last etc. just running it on high. I think it's nap time... :zzz:

** edit

loaded another round, this time only filling it about half way with a light press and topped with a screen. Going to start on low. Got thicker vapor this time, using my Lev. Showerhead bub, it lightly milked the chamber. I do have to say the effect at this temp for me is a bit too racy. A little too much anxiety at this level. I have calmed down considerably over the last couple of months since I started vaping at higher temps. So this is key for me... bumping back up to high to finish. If you like a lot of energy from your buzz, this low setting might be the beez kneez for you! :buzz:

toros23

Hey Jam - Have you tried loosely filled without tamping and giving it several mins for the bullet and material to heat up? Your grind looks finer than mine and you have much more material there, so I am wondering if you have enough airflow? I am also wondering if having another screen in there is also causing everything to heat up slower.

toros23,

Dreamerr

I am hyper to begin with cause I don't do anything and I like low so I do race wooooooooohoooooooo...:rofl:It is funny though cause I need for social stuff and it helps which it shouldn't. I should use a higher temp for that but I am just backwards anyhow. Needless to say I make everyone around me batty...oh well.

Dreamerr,

Shmoo

Hey Jam - Have you tried loosely filled without tamping and giving it several mins for the bullet and material to heat up? Your grind looks finer than mine and you have much more material there, so I am wondering if you have enough airflow? I am also wondering if having another screen in there is also causing everything to heat up slower.
So just for some clarification, when you fill your bullet, you don't pack it down at all? Also, do you fill it to the top? I'm just trying to figure out the best packing method.

EDIT: Found this a while back:
In terms of the load itself, I've had the best results with one that's not too loose or too tight; it's lightly tamped down, which for me comes out to 0.15 g. I drop some ground weed into the bullet until it's half full of loose herb; tamp down to around 1/4 of the bullet; repeat until the base of the flare is reached. The grind is medium and my herb isn't bone dry (damn this dank Cali weed :argh:). Awesome results.
With this method he got these results: (So I'll probably use his technique)

Shmoo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jam's comparison to the Solo is similar to mine. I never use my Solo above three (four with Ed's stem) and I find the effect to be similar.

I used to think of myself as a high temp vaper, but after seeing how the high temp med users like to vape I guess I am not.

Seems like we have a good bead on what this vape is...a good low temp portable for those not seeking the higher temps that help with pain and anxiety. I think it will be most popular with recreational users.

stickstones,

HSIHP

I asked this before and I don't think anyone answered, has anyone tried super small loads with this vape? Maybe like half a launch box trench? I like using my solo with just enough herb to cover the screen and with 2 of these in the classifieds I hope I can jump in on it, but it has to be able to do small loads well.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I did try a small load, packed it down just a bit, and got several hits from it, just fine. I don't think this one has to be a full load to work, just has to stay down in the bullet so it gets heated. I was capping all my loads with a small screen, and not having any issues with airflow. I do think this vape works well enough, I got vapor on my first go, it's down to a temp thing for me (like some of the others) I have grown accustomed to getting a deeper extraction. I think the PN is a great little portable, and hope things can get worked out with the Pro model. That 400+ temp is needed for some of us, so it would seem anyway.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I think it will be most popular with recreational users.

BOOM! Struck the nail on the head!

Just an update on the Mouthpieces: we use Bayer Polycarbonate (Yes the same Bayer that makes Aspirin)

Honestly, that thought makes me less secure... They also make poisons and pesticides. Personally, they are up there with Monsanto in my evil corporations book.

Edit: I highly doubt you want to share this, but would you tell us the exact Bayer brand Polycarbonate you used? They have various blends and they each react differently to heat and sterilization.

My best guess is that you are using APEC 2095 although I could be wrong.

Engineering

Manufacturer
BOOM! Struck the nail on the head!

Honestly, that thought makes me less secure... They also make poisons and pesticides. Personally, they are up there with Monsanto in my evil corporations book.

LOL, that may be true, but there are like 5 company's that produce 90% of all injection resins in the world. BASF (#1 in world, Actually made Nazi gas chambers), Dow, Bayer, Dupont and GE. So take your pick on the axis of evil there.

Top Bottom