The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Engineering...thanks so much for addressing our questions! Please help me reconcile the following:

-- trvb has previously stated that the Pinnacle operates at two temperatures: 370F (187.8C) & 385F (196.1C)
-- your statement that "For the PES, we run under 180C (356F) for anything made out of PES, so it isn't an issue for the Pinnacle design"

My best guess is that you are saying the platic parts of your heating element don't get to that temp, while others obvioulsy do, but I don't want to put words in your mouth. Regardless, I don't understand what the study is saying happens at 200C...can you put it in plain english for me?

Thank you very much for putting up with the queries.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I want to keep this post seperate from my post to the engineer.

Ok people I did the run test with no hits to test on whether this vape is really mostly convection. I will leave the answer to the experts but IMO there is a lot of conduction going on. I did mess up and should have used greener herb but on the left is fresh and on the right is after the ten minute session of no drawing just sitting on my dresser. Draw your own conclusions.
oeKm6jq.jpg

Then of course I actually ran another session and made sure I finished it out for sure.
qRtXfmM.jpg

Did you try hitting it afterward to see what was left? I'll bet you get some hits off it. I would put money on this happening to any vape on the market, except the miniVape. That vape was designed to avoid this. But I've had this happen to me on the E, PD and the Ion, and I've heard one person say it happened to them on the Cloud...that's four desktop vapes. I still think this vape is almost entirely convection when in use. Thanks for running this test...I can't bring myself to do that to my stuff.

stickstones,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
No problem. I was very curious not really because of this vape but because people say with pure convection no herb burning. I actually never believed that was possible because of whatever the herb was in had to get hot to an extent so maybe it doesn't "vape" per say but it does roast a bit. As you can see I used fairly good herb but certainly not the best. I may try it with real green stuff just for fun but not today.

I just finished using the done herb and yes it was just like a fresh batch as far as vaping it. Only one difference was taste from the first hit. The taste in this thing never gets bad or even close to popcorn in my experience but the first hit on the redo had a slight popcorn taste but that was the only hit that did that. My guess is because it sat in that state for a little while obviously not long since you can see the time stamps on my posts.

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Engineering...thanks so much for addressing our questions! Please help me reconcile the following:

-- trvb has previously stated that the Pinnacle operates at two temperatures: 370F (187.8C) & 385F (196.1C)
-- your statement that "For the PES, we run under 180C (356F) for anything made out of PES, so it isn't an issue for the Pinnacle design"

My best guess is that you are saying the platic parts of your heating element don't get to that temp, while others obvioulsy do, but I don't want to put words in your mouth. Regardless, I don't understand what the study is saying happens at 200C...can you put it in plain english for me?

Thank you very much for putting up with the queries.
(Spot light shines) (clears throat)
let me try to get my engineering hat on here. I do believe the PES is only in the outer body which doesn't go anywhere near the hottest parts of the vape. I'll wait for Mr. E (that's the engineer for those of us who have overvaped today)

Also, fellow FCer's please remember that this guy charges me $$$$$$$$$$$$$ per hour, please continue to run private messages and general questions through me.

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Fuckin priceless!! You better get him out of here before we wear his ass and your bank account out!
I have seen first hand the relentlessness of people when they have questions. I should record the CS phone calls and make a "jerky boys" style tape. Some of the phone calls we get are comedic gold.

Sorry for the back to back posts, idk how to fix it now...

harmudge

"BEWARE LONG POST ALERT"...lol.

Well, hopefully I have one of these plus the WT on order from GotVape.
I ordered last night but there has been a whole load of confusion with the checkout process at GV's website for me at least....admittedly I don't think it was any of GotVapes fault.

I loaded in all my details and tried to checkout...the site came back with an error code box ?
I thought it may be because I'm in the U.K and GV's site never recognised the dialling code for the U.K as I had it in brackets.
I go through the process again, this time removing the brackets from around the intl dialling code....error code box again, after pressing the checkout button....:cuss:
The Mrs then said to log into her PayPal acct and register my C/Card there and checkout using PayPal...which I done....once again...error code...:cuss:
So I make the long distance call to sunny California from a damp and dreary U.K and talk to a nice young girl at GotVape.
She said that she could see the orders...a total of 3...but the card had been declined...:\...I had checked the balance prior to trying to purchase and there were sufficient funds available...was it because it was a new card, but on an existing account that I received about a week ago and never activated until last night ??

So I tried calling my bank but it was too late in the evening and they were closed...doh.

So I called the bank this afternoon and got the shock of my life....two lots of $316 (or whatever amount it was) had been reserved from my card to go to GotVape, but obviously under their alias billing name...woa...c/card is now very close to being over the agreed credit limit....alarm bells are going off, big time in my head...I don't want to go over my limit and incur charges, nor do I want or need two Pinnacle DLX pkg's and I do not want to incur the return shipping costs if GotVape do indeed send out 2 Pinnacles...:o...the Mrs would go mad...lol.
I call sunny California once again and talk to another nice young lady at GotVape and try and explain the situation.
She seemed very helpful and said that she would pass this over to acct's and they would send me an e-mail with regards to releasing the funds etc sometime today, I have since received the confirmation e-mail saying that they are looking into the matter and will be in touch a.s.a.p.

So, who knows...I may have my Pinnacle DLX on order or I may not...it's in the land of cyber space somewhere, as we speak...lol.

I hope this will be worth it when I get it, because due to no-one's fault bar my sheer bad luck and cyber-space this has been a stressful purchase and it's not finished yet....lol.

Edit,
Also meant to say to TRVB, I would have bought direct from you as your the main man, so to speak...and we have communicated by PM in the past about the VB2 if I remember, but GotVape's price was cheaper for the whole pkg including shipping etc....sorry.

harmudge,
Reactions: Dreamerr

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Second session: First of all, let's get the obvious out of the way...why another session already? Glad you asked. As you can see from the pics, the bullet is smaller than the elb I am used to.

2 -- Given the attention to pack-in accessories, I think it would be the absolute shit to have plugs/caps for both ends of the WT. I could fill that thing with water and throw both pieces in my jacket pocket and have portable, convection, water-filtered vapor anywhere I want! Please do this!

Rubber stoppers are here. They will come with every water tool at no additional charge.

Miss Nessa

Totally new person here,1st post even.
Super excited that my pinnacle dlx arrived today!
Extremely quick shipping from CA to CO too.
It's charging now, I can't wait to give it a try tonight!
And thanks for all your reviews really helped me make my decision,
I changed vendors and brands a couple times.

p.s I didn't get a rubber stopper for my hydro tube, where can I buy one?

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Totally new person here,1st post even.
Super excited that my pinnacle dlx arrived today!
Extremely quick shipping from CA to CO too.
It's charging now, I can't wait to give it a try tonight!
And thanks for all your reviews really helped me make my decision,
I changed vendors and brands a couple times.

p.s I didn't get a rubber stopper for my hydro tube, where can I buy one?

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. They just got here today. I will get the specs on them, but they cost less than a dollar and can be purchased at any hardware store or Home Depot.

To anyone that is disabled and has a hard time traveling PM me and I'll drop a set in the mail for you

ZombiezAteMyD0G

The Vape Escape
Yeah, I'm sorry about that. They just got here today. I will get the specs on them, but they cost less than a dollar and can be purchased at any hardware store or Home Depot.

To anyone that is disabled and has a hard time traveling PM me and I'll drop a set in the mail for you
that would be awesome, i'd go grab a pair the hardware store as well. I've been emptying the water and putting the WT in a ziplock baggie. the stopper would be nice :)

ZombiezAteMyD0G,

BlueCloud

Thanks TRVB and Engineering for the follow up on all the questions. I look forward to receiveng my Pinnacle.:tup:

BlueCloud,

Engineering

Manufacturer
(Spot light shines) (clears throat)
let me try to get my engineering hat on here. I do believe the PES is only in the outer body which doesn't go anywhere near the hottest parts of the vape. I'll wait for Mr. E (that's the engineer for those of us who have overvaped today)

Also, fellow FCer's please remember that this guy charges me $$$$$$$$$$$$$ per hour, please continue to run private messages and general questions through me.

Way to out me there TRVB! It's true tho:nod:

Ok, I have to apologize, I was a little misleading in earlier posts. Since I add saftey factors into all parts of the design, parts that get to lets say 200F I will assume could, under extreme circumstances get to 250F. I was talking in those terms a few posts ago, which makes you all think some parts are hotter than they really get. So let me try to explain a bit better:

We have 2 heat settings on the Pinnacle. Low is 370F and High is 385F. Technically, we could use PES for all parts, since the resin we are using is rated to 425F. I prefer to have a bigger saftey gap than that, so we designed all parts that touch the "core" as I call it (The stainless steel center of the heater) made out of PTFE. Note that even though you cant see PTFE on the top of the core, it is what holds it in place. So the PTFE can never see heat over 400F in the Pinnacle design. I am comfortable with PTFE up to 500F. In reality, the PTFE usually gets to about 350F in use, this has to do with the heat gradient from the center of the core. Sorry, boring people with science talk.

Past the PTFE parts all the black plastic in the heater is PES, the max I have ever measured that temp to be is 290. I assume it could get hotter under some circumstances, but that is the maximum we have measured in tests.

To note, as far as safety goes: the particular grades of plastic we use for the pinnacle are rated to the above temps I mentioned. I cannot divulge the specific grades we use (gotta keep some mystery!!!)

Again, Apologies for my words, I was trying to stay safe, and ended up being confusing!

To Dreamerr's post: You are correct in saying the pinnacle is a convection/conduction vape. I wont go into much detail, since this gets into the secret sauce, but we originally wanted to do a full convection portable. It's not possible with the battery tech available today. Least not in the pinnacle package. so pre-heating of the load is required.

orregnosauce

Has anyone had a weird taste with the pn ? I think it's an amazing portable vape but while using the high temp on the pn [which gives you big clouds ] it gives a weird flavor now same with the low temp setting . I switched the bullet now there's no problems . What could this be ? :/

orregnosauce,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Way to out me there TRVB! It's true tho:nod:
Thanks Engineering, it looks like TRVB is getting his $$$'s worth . . . :) What impressed me with your materials was the complete lack of smell they have. My unit had absolutely no new plastic or electronic smell at all, cool, heating, hot or otherwise. Not sure how you did it but it is very nice, thanks! :tup:

Chill Dude

Yeah, thanks for the technical details Mr. Pinnacle Engineer Man. It makes sense to me now. The PES is rated at 425F and your testing only measured 290F. So even if it somehow got in the 350F range under unusual circumstances , there's still a big safety margin. That's all I need to know.

I kind of figured that the Pinnacle was not going to be a pure convection vape. I think virtually all portables have at least some conduction going on. Some more than others....

FC people, thanks for all the great reviews and videos. Looks like the Pinnacle is the real deal!!

Chill Dude,
Reactions: harmudge

Conky

Any guess what the temps might be on the units that may run a little hot may be? The ones that melt the tips.

Conky,

toros23

toros23...that's the one. they just have it labeled wrong. it is the 14mm pong, they don't make an 18mm one. so you either have 14mm glass or will need an 18mm-14mm reducer.

Thanks! Can't find them anymore, looks like they are back on the old site.. Hopefully I can get one ordered soon, my Pinnacle shipped today.

toros23,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
trvb and engineering...thanks a lot. we really appreciate the openness and you guys taking the time to alleviate the concerns of the vapor-eccentric. it goes a long way around here.

I, too, would be a little leary of the unit melting mouthpieces. You don't want to get too hot.

Top Bottom