Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Vitolo

Vaporist
This video.... celebrates a 2.4 Ohm cart that was used for a year.
I put MANY grams through this cart... well over a dozen.
I used it at 3.7V most of the time, and then I used it at 6V for a while.
When I made the video, it was showing signs of aging.... So I loaded it one last time, and went at it at 7V. After the video, this cart began to crap out, and a day later it died.. leaving me only .1 of a gram to reclaim.
What a cart that was!
Let's see if they let me keep that music!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
When I made the video, it was showing signs of aging.... So I loaded it one last time, and went at it at 7V. After the video, this cart began to crap out, and a day later it died.. leaving me only .1 of a gram to reclaim.
What a cart that was!
500+ RIPS

is my record with a 2.4 i was using 3.7v with SHORTY.
i want to try 6.0v with a SS TUBE.
love your videos!

ataxian,

OF

What a cart that was!

You know how I hate to pick on an hombre and all but IMO you blew it. You shoulda saved it for breeding rather than riding it to death.....

OF

druminfected

What a cart that was!

Since the cart is finally dead I would love to see what the insides of a year old cart looks like up close, especially the wick!

I have a issue with my hammer I got. I finally tried to use it with my 2 3.7v batteries to make it 7.4v, but whenever I press the button on the persei it just blinks twice and then turns off.

druminfected,

OF

I have a issue with my hammer I got. I finally tried to use it with my 2 3.7v batteries to make it 7.4v, but whenever I press the button on the persei it just blinks twice and then turns off.

Isn't the the secret code for 'the battery is dead, I'm not working'? I smell one of your batteries being fungoo. Does it work without a cart on it? How about with one big 3.7 Volt instead?

You know, the Russians put Stalin's body on permanent display in a glass case (I think it still is?), maybe Vito could rig something like that up in his living room and we could make pilgrimages to it?

OF

Vitolo

Vaporist
Since the cart is finally dead I would love to see what the insides of a year old cart looks like up close, especially the wick!..
OK... here's the deal...
I misspoke the Battery level of the cartridges last voyage!
I said 7V... but technically it was 7.4V that was the final Voyages "propellant".
I am going to the cart now to dismantle it for a photo shoot.
I am actually very surprised at how this cart looks inside... better by far than most, but please remember that I did reclaim first, which after a torch/drip session... means a two hour shaking in 99% Iso... so those expecting to see a monstrosity will be disappointed.
I have been good to this cart!
Photos:
DSC02562.jpg

DSC02563.jpg

DSC02565.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

WC1

Bummer. But IMO excellent troubleshooting. One of the (few) useful rules in troubles shooting is to look for the 'single point failure' that explains all the symptoms. You seem to have done an excellent job there through substitution (one of the few good tools), more so it they were known good? That it all batteries and both heads worked well before the lights went out?

That brings us, I think, to the tube contacts (most likely the spring/floating plate) or charger. My money's on the latter with no instruments available? Do you think maybe one battery set was fully discharged already when the other got pulled under the mark?

Stripping down, cleaning and inspecting the spring/floating plate thing (pay attention to the attachment of the spring) might find something? Setting the tension a little tighter might do it. I like to screw the plate up until it bottoms out then back it off about a turn and a half.

Good luck, I hope it doesn't have to go to the shop, it's much harder to enjoy while it's there you know.

OF
Thanks for the help! The tube and spring look fine to me, but not really sure if I should be looking for anything other than contact. I did notice a small amount of metal flake that seems to have come from the connection of the spring and the disk it sits on.

DubC is all over it from a support perspective! Only problem is it is ill be without it for BottleRock today. Have to go old school.

WC1,
Reactions: OF

SaybianTv

Does anyone know what screw i should be asking for at the hardware store to replace the e-juice filler screw in an SS cardo Tank? It's neat how secure i can make this unit and all but like most my hands are like mitten's and the screw is always rolling off my desk. Today it rolled into the great beyond after 1 week of ownership and it's lost, this medical tape I have over the hole isn't working and im loosing all over.

Home depot people can't eyeball a dam thing so if anyone knows off the top of their head that would be great.

SaybianTv,

DubCRider

Thanks for the help! The tube and spring look fine to me, but not really sure if I should be looking for anything other than contact. I did notice a small amount of metal flake that seems to have come from the connection of the spring and the disk it sits on.

DubC is all over it from a support perspective! Only problem is it is ill be without it for BottleRock today. Have to go old school.

See you on Monday, sorry I couldn't get you sorted for the concert.

DubCRider,

SaybianTv

Also does anyone have any additional resources for dealine with the quirks of the ss tank, I've had good times and I've had I'm going to start crying times when the good times with the ss tank turn into ejuice in my mouth and all over me when im at work. I don't think i can use this until I get a bagfull of replacement fill hole bolts. I just got the worst blurt of ejuice in my mouth, I gotta get this to a reliable state I refuse to smoke but I don't want my days filled with frustration. Nothing worse than being in the middle of explaining how vaping is so much better than smoking and way more convenient and then have to clean my battery head because of another leak right in front of them.

I assume every tank is different so youtube wont help much. I saw the original video on the SS tank, but everything works rip roaringly after a cleaning for the first 20 puffs. I have never been able to put more than 1 mill in my tank without instant leaks, but Im always filling blind so it's like every 1 of 3 fillings Im blowing half a mill out the bottom just to start getting air through.

SaybianTv,

khof

I feel your pain on the ss tank. It seems like 4/5 times I fill it immediately bleeds through the bottom or will start to leak as soon as I try to draw. Sometimes it works great but most of the time I use a bulkier tank from ibtanked with an adapter. Tried lots of things to get it working but havent had much success.

khof,

SaybianTv

mmm thats not great to know I've been strict about trusting the thc scientific products only and I've over invested in cart's. I bought a ego w custom for the persei but it only worked for about 2 hours and now It seems to be dead and I don't know how to take it apart or if I even can. Still running around with a piece of tape over my fill hole as home depot just laughed when i asked if they had a bit to fit it. All the fancy housing in the world is meaningless if at the center you got a dead coil. I don't live in the US so it usualy cost me a week of waiting to replace anything. I had a C4 unit for about 2 days that gave no flavor at all and a coil that simply fell apart into the bottom on first fill. I also have no clue if I can open it and replace the wick. Find e-cig stuff on youtube is hard because heads for vaping are a dime a dozen.

SaybianTv,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
IMG_05181_zps99a530a0.jpg

You sound like you could really use the Hercules V2, buddy. How's the room coming along?
The jar with the green lid is pretty full. Too much without the HERCULES V2!
The empty clear Oz jar is ready for refill. 2 1/2 - 1/4 Oz jars is all that is left.
My quiver of batteries I found!
At least my floor is padded!
I would say I'm about 96% finished with my SMA.

Loading some carts with BLONDE HONEYCOMB and setting it up to a water path.
I have more drawers with more stuff.
I need to keep organizing!

ataxian,

khof

mmm thats not great to know I've been strict about trusting the thc scientific products only and I've over invested in cart's. I bought a ego w custom for the persei but it only worked for about 2 hours and now It seems to be dead and I don't know how to take it apart or if I even can. Still running around with a piece of tape over my fill hole as home depot just laughed when i asked if they had a bit to fit it. All the fancy housing in the world is meaningless if at the center you got a dead coil. I don't live in the US so it usualy cost me a week of waiting to replace anything. I had a C4 unit for about 2 days that gave no flavor at all and a coil that simply fell apart into the bottom on first fill. I also have no clue if I can open it and replace the wick. Find e-cig stuff on youtube is hard because heads for vaping are a dime a dozen.

Okay, it's my day off so I decided to try and improve the functionality of my SS Tank. I have a couple of questions for you SaybianTv? What voltage are you using? What ohm cart? And what drip tip are you using?
So first off I realized the air flow is fairly restricted on the ss tank when it's screwed all the way down on my Persei. If I unthread it a turn or two it still fires and the air flow is much improved and it also greatly reduced the ejuice coming up through the drip tip. So my next step was taking a metal file and filing down the air path on the bottom cap to be about 1-2mm deeper so now I can screw it all the way down and still have good airflow. Now the metal tips for the regular omicron carts work pretty well on the ss tank but I would not recommend any drip tip with a narrow opening as this will increase the likelihood of pulling the ejuice up through the air tube. I also recommend investing in one of these:

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1273

I was getting fairly bad tasting vape due to the fact that the single factory hole in the cartos was not allowing my thicker VG ejuice to absorb into the wick quick enough(using 3.0 ohm cart at 3.7v).
After a little experimenting I determined that punching another hole on the opposite side of the factory one but about 3/4" higher on the carto proved to do the trick. Flavor is much better and overall performance has increased greatly. To stop the leaking here's what I did: I cleaned all of the parts in my ultrasonic cleaner, screwed the tank together super tight and then added 1.0ml exactly of eliquid with a syringe really slowly. I left the tank sitting upright on the counter for a a few minutes to settle. i primed the cart a few times by pressing the button and then took a hit. It's been an hour or so and it's still hitting good and hasn't started leaking yet so hopefully it doesn't start. Hope this was of some help.

exit

If anyone's looking to pick up a Persei i'll be selling mine in the Classifieds... I'll miss the Bender more than anything!

Great vape don't get me wrong, and I'll be back for another one haha.

exit,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If anyone's looking to pick up a Persei i'll be selling mine in the Classifieds... I'll miss the Bender more than anything!

Great vape don't get me wrong, and I'll be back for another one haha.
What color?
If you're thinking about using the Taffy-Cart you might get away with it so long as when you "dumped" out the old stuff you didn't remove the flue, overheat the cart, or otherwise damage it beyond working order. The same advice as the 2.4 here, except be much more easy on the button. Bring some ISO in case something happens.
IMG_05221_zps747a2eb9.jpg

I make these POLLEN PELLETs with residual concentrate from failed carts with fine ground flowers.
These are the by product of my misfortunes however I'm pretty lucky with the errors of my ways!
The PG comes in these handy containers I recycle.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Chemdog... What a distinct and wonderfuly tasty TREAT.

Thai has been GREAT for busy days.

But these two together....... God damn I love the Persei.

SlinginPaint,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Chemdog... What a distinct and wonderfuly tasty TREAT.

Thai has been GREAT for busy days.

But these two together....... God damn I love the Persei.
I LOVE MY PERSEI'S AS WELL!
Well Built, Versatile, Powerful!
I plan to add more Vaporizers to my quiver however the PERSEI has become my daily driver!

EOConcepts:

I will get some THAI this week.
LOVE THAI!

Ready for power!

druminfected

Isn't the the secret code for 'the battery is dead, I'm not working'? I smell one of your batteries being fungoo. Does it work without a cart on it? How about with one big 3.7 Volt instead?

You know, the Russians put Stalin's body on permanent display in a glass case (I think it still is?), maybe Vito could rig something like that up in his living room and we could make pilgrimages to it?

OF

Yeh I tried a 3.7 big battery and it didnt flash, so I guess something is up with my 2, 3.7v trustfires, but I have another 2, so going to try and charge them again and try it out. Thanks again for input. :)

OK... here's the deal...
I misspoke the Battery level of the cartridges last voyage!
I said 7V... but technically it was 7.4V that was the final Voyages "propellant".
I am going to the cart now to dismantle it for a photo shoot.
I am actually very surprised at how this cart looks inside... better by far than most, but please remember that I did reclaim first, which after a torch/drip session... means a two hour shaking in 99% Iso... so those expecting to see a monstrosity will be disappointed.
I have been good to this cart!
Photos:
DSC02562.jpg

DSC02563.jpg

DSC02565.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

Vitolo, did u say u reclaimed 1st and then soak the cart in iso for 2 hours too before taking it apart? Even if u did all that, I'm really suprised how clean that wick is after a year, it looks like a cart I just taken apart that was super leaky but brand new and filled once! There's no residue on that wick pretty much at all, what kind of concentrates do you mainly use! Co2,bho,wax,oil,shatter?

druminfected

I LOVE MY PERSEI'S AS WELL!
Well Built, Versatile, Powerful!
I plan to add more Vaporizers to my quiver however the PERSEI has become my daily driver!

EOConcepts:

I will get some THAI this week.
LOVE THAI!

Ready for power!

Nice battery collection I got all those batteries too heh, except I finally upgraded to the AW IMR batteries and love them, have you tried them out yet?

druminfected,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nice battery collection I got all those batteries too heh, except I finally upgraded to the AW IMR batteries and love them, have you tried them out yet?
The TRUST FIRE Batteries came with my first PERSEI and I don't use them much.
The RED Batteries are AW IMR and they work super well. (I bought them from:
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=18350-IMR-800mAh-High-Drain
I have some PANASONIC 18650's in a few devices that work really awesome.

I see you have a NIBBLER X?
It's on my wish list.
For now I just hook up some tubing to my bubbler and the carts taste amazing.

ataxian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vitolo, did u say u reclaimed 1st and then soak the cart in iso for 2 hours too before taking it apart? Even if u did all that, I'm really suprised how clean that wick is after a year, it looks like a cart I just taken apart that was super leaky but brand new and filled once! There's no residue on that wick pretty much at all, what kind of concentrates do you mainly use! Co2,bho,wax,oil,shatter?
That cart was GENTLY torched for reclaim, and then soaked in warm 99% Iso for two hours on an ultrasonic cleaner. The Iso was dark when done. I then dried the cart with a shopvac before dismantling.
The Year Old cart
I use my carts very politely. I do not test their limits unless/until they have shown signs of negative development (clogs, leaks, inconsistent function).
When I get a 2.4 that works well and vents well, I treat it like gold, as I did with this one.(Till the last "round")
After verifying it was a good one (good meaning it glowed fast, but did not glow brighter and brighter as powered...) I kept .75 gram in there.
Every time I was down to .25 of a gram I added a half gram, never letting it become thickened and darkened... never taking it to that blackening hit.
Over the year I used likely 13 or 14 grams in that particular cart... which remained on my O-Phos (7 second battery shutoff... difficult to "overheat).
Since I was loving that cart I did not use any low grade oils.
I used only 2 strains in that cart. and both were super clean, and very very pale blonde. (Blue Dream and Sour Deisel were the strains.. and both were in super pale crumble wax form)
In the days when I first began using these carts, when I melted down or reclaimed a cart, I saw the darkness and tariness. Now I only let a cart run low if I am not overjoyed with it's production and flavor. If a cart works well.. I refill it before it is 1/2 empty to keep things from becoming too condensed.

exit

The one I am considering selling is a black Persei. I might change my mind about selling it if I can find another way to raise money for insurance though!

Or how about this, if anyone is just looking for a Hammer or Bender shoot me a PM!

edit: I used to weigh out my carts and refill them right when they got to .2 or .3 remaining... but now i forget how much an empty cart weighs haha! Should I just refill it when it stops producing clouds or what???

exit

I guess I can't edit older posts anymore???

Can I just mention how much fun I'm having with a 1.5 + 2.4 dual cartridge setup?! I don't know if I will be able to "downgrade" to an OPHOS/Omi Light after all! :lol::luv:

Also AW IMR batteries are SUPER IMPORTANT. I am almost convinced the stock batteries just don't provide as reliable power as the AW IMR's.

Top Bottom