Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

turtles

I do need to buy a multimeter either way, I'll do that on my way home tomorrow.
Any other obvious shit I could be overlooking?

in fact to further reinforce the battery thing, I hadn't charged the 18650, so that may have not even been ready to heat up a cart.

turtles,

OF

I do need to buy a multimeter either way, I'll do that on my way home tomorrow.
Any other obvious shit I could be overlooking?

in fact to further reinforce the battery thing, I hadn't charged the 18650, so that may have not even been ready to heat up a cart.

I'm assuming the light stays on, the voltage is just too low. The meter should tell the tale.

OF

OF,

jpdnkstr

Is it possible to run dual 1.5 carts?(3.7v) the battery(3.7v trustfire protected) works on single 1.5Ohm, but not dual?! I have AW imr 18650's 2000mah on the way if my battery is the issue! Thanks for the info, as always.

jpdnkstr,

OF

Is it possible to run dual 1.5 carts?(3.7v) the battery(3.7v trustfire protected) works on single 1.5Ohm, but not dual?! I have AW imr 18650's 2000mah on the way if my battery is the issue! Thanks for the info, as always.

Yup, I bet that's what you're finding. Five amps is a bunch for batteries that have been optimized for capacity (high current and high capacity work against each other). This is why IMRs (which have the high current ability) have lower capacities than 'better' protected ones......

IMO your problems will soon be behind you.

OF

OF

Yup, dual 1.5's on a AW IMR works great. It pushes the limits of the 5a persei top...never stopped me though.

HAL, yer an inspiration to us all. Wouldn't be surprised to find a statue of you in the town square.....after the Revolution, of course......

Keep it real, Dude!

I can't believe that they awarded the HT Medical Cannabis Cup gold medal for best product to a grinder with a built-in ashtray !!!
Silver to a domeless nail !!
and bronze to a "grinder card" that fits in your wallet???

WTF !!!!!!

Maybe someone was using drugs?

Suddenly I feel better I didn't go, I might have disagreed a bit about that....and I'm generally not to coy about such views.....

OF

NoName

hey guys, im back and proud to say that yes we didnt win, but we did win Best hybrid.

Larry OG Grown by us, Cali Connection Genetics.

1st Place baby.

Thats Trophy #2.

Excellent! Congratulations!!! So how long before the Larry OG 'pre-fills' are available?? LOL

NoName

NoName,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
hey guys, im back and proud to say that yes we didnt win, but we did win Best hybrid.

1st Place baby.

Thats Trophy #2.

Nice! had seen that at in this region as well. Was pleasantly surprised.

Excellent! Congratulations!!! So how long before the Larry OG 'pre-fills' are available?? LOL

NoName

Right? Thatd be the day.....

And, for those interested in the battery ordeal that was had here it has been solved. The 3v cr123a cell received was a dud. Multimetered it and it read at a whole .16v. Even on the battery it says 3.6v at full charge and 2v at empty. So has been solved. Going to open D9 ticket. Any way to test carts with a multimeter? either live or independently? OF would probably know.... Lost a couple carts to the battery ordeal i believe.

Porquiplane,

OF

And, for those interested in the battery ordeal that was had here it has been solved. The 3v cr123a cell received was a dud. Multimetered it and it read at a whole .16v. Even on the battery it says 3.6v at full charge and 2v at empty. So has been solved. Going to open D9 ticket. Any way to test carts with a multimeter? either live or independently? OF would probably know.... Lost a couple carts to the battery ordeal i believe.

Great news, sure smelled like that was it but you need other tools (or spares) to pin it down.

Sure, you can use your new meter to check 'em.

Set it to the lowest Ohms range (probably 200 at about six o'clock on the dial). The display should go to over range (usually 1 with 3 blanks). Touching the probes should make it go to zero. It won't quite make it because the leads and connections have resistance so it'll probably stop at one point something. Remember this number if you want the most accurate answers but now hold one probe on the threads and use the other to probe the hole in the center pin.

Easy, once you see it happen.

Good luck, and again, well done on the troubleshooting!

OF

OF,

NoName

Porq
OF posted a detailed set of instructions for cart testing with a meter in the Omi thread I believe. Essentially you measure the carts impedance between the bottom center pin (on the threaded end) and the cart casing. Hope this helps.

NoName

Edit: OF- boy your're fast.

NoName,

OF

Porq
OF posted a detailed set of instructions for cart testing with a meter in the Omi thread I believe. Essentially you measure the carts impedance between the bottom center pin (on the threaded end) and the cart casing. Hope this helps.

No doubt did, prolly do it again, too. Thanks for the pointer.

One minor quibble, it's resistance, not impedance since it's a DC deal. Both are measured in Ohms, but impedance is AC and needs to have a frequency associated to make sense. Consider an 8 Ohm stereo speaker, it's 8 Ohms to audio, but probably a fraction of an Ohm DC wise, it really is a foot or two of wire at that level. For resistors like this they are the same, but 'reactive loads' like coils in AC, use other techniques to limit current (in this case self generation, that is it's magnetic....).

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

JoeKickass

1st Place baby.

Thats Trophy #2.

Hey I was just thinking about getting some too!

Nice price/potency:
wawA9.jpg

Edit: Oh I see, good to know

JoeKickass,

jpdnkstr

Congratulations on the win! That is one of the things I would like to accomplish someday!

jpdnkstr,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Great news, sure smelled like that was it but you need other tools (or spares) to pin it down.

Sure, you can use your new meter to check 'em.

Set it to the lowest Ohms range (probably 200 at about six o'clock on the dial). The display should go to over range (usually 1 with 3 blanks). Touching the probes should make it go to zero. It won't quite make it because the leads and connections have resistance so it'll probably stop at one point something. Remember this number if you want the most accurate answers but now hold one probe on the threads and use the other to probe the hole in the center pin.

Easy, once you see it happen.

Good luck, and again, well done on the troubleshooting!

OF

Tested the two that were presumed doa. One 5ohm was lost, the other 4 ohm was fine.

Porquiplane,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Dead or Alive carts, and one dead on arrival cr123a 3v. The cart "popped" during button presses of the 6v, then was tested on multimeter and read nothing. It wasnt dry fired either. It was used at 3.7 and 7.4 for testing purposes as well (while functioning).

Porquiplane,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I can't believe that they awarded the HT Medical Cannabis Cup gold medal for best product to a grinder with a built-in ashtray !!!
Silver to a domeless nail !!
and bronze to a "grinder card" that fits in your wallet???

WTF !!!!!!

The Domeless nail was cool and a great idea (It works very well from my trials at the cup). it still is lame that 2 out 3 awards given to grinders when you have companies like THC Scientific, Thermovape, and Quannacan pushing state of the art in the MMJ industry.

Cali Connection managed a 1st for Larry OG and a 3rd for the booth so they got some respect.

and of Course G's team grew the 1st place winner for Cali connection using Cali connection genetics...

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
hey guys, im back and proud to say that yes we didnt win, but we did win Best hybrid.​
Larry OG Grown by us, Cali Connection Genetics.​
1st Place baby.​
Thats Trophy #2.​
Congrats G, Thats some sweet herb for sure.... The other 2 hybrid winners are locals... I haven't seen Ken's 2nd place winner Ken's Phantom but I haven't been in his shop in while.

BTW: San Jose Peeps, Ken's Patient to Patient collective in San Jose was shut down last fall when the landlord got a letter from the feds. After two weeks of being closed they opened back up but didn't tell anyone (weedmaps, weedtracker, their own web page etc) to try and stay under the feds radar. They are still at 996 Saratoga ave in the wendy's shopping center and open 7 days a week. Free chiropracter visits on 12-7 Tue and Thurs with Dr. Hung. I wish they would have emailed loyal customer's like me but its no biggy. I will still go to CHAI in Santa Cruz but having them open is great because they have excellent quality meds for $20 less than Harborside or Elemental for really nice flowers...

DubCRider

Dry, it worked pretty well at the cup in my short trial. It needs some work on the intake resistance but other than that a great small attatchment for vaping herbs.

Top Bottom