Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Here is the one of the first surprises.

534199_313150948773625_1129085623_n.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hahaha I love the Persei holder but how does the cart adapter work? Can you really use it upside down?

Or... is it meant for the hammer... hehe clever me :ninja:

:tup:

no no my friend, the persei will have a connector, going from the cart to the GonG adapter.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: JoeKickass

jambandphan03

in flavor country
would love to see vid so we can see the perk on that thing. It looks good, slitted stem, splash guard, wide base, stem gets your face away from it a bit, nice caddy too!:tup:

jambandphan03,

mrmojo62

ok for those that care, these are my ruminations on my first few days with the persei. actually i think i can boil the thoughts down to their essence. their simplest, yet most elegant meaning, its core self if you will. and it is this: the game has been changed and this is the start of the future. this is what i expected the omicron to be. the 2.4 on the 3.7v battery gave me production i thought i would get from the omicron, so the regulated/unregulated debacle continues. the 5.0 at 7.4 is damn near perfect and the double barrel 5s are heavenly, really close to a nail hit imo. so far we have had ZERO leaking issues unlike the omicron which makes me happy and it burns oil at a rate just eeeeeeeever so slightly more than my omicron so its like an escalade getting 40 mpg on the highway. as chester says, 'impressive, sir!'

i do have a few questions tho. does the double top HAVE to have two carts to run properly or can you go single on the double side? is the protected/unprotected battery thing important just because of charging issues or are there other reasons as well? are 16340s usable? it says they are on the website but not in the pamphlet that came with it. has anyone tried them? is there a prescribed method for cartridge burn in so they don't leak?

tia

h

mrmojo62

ps i was having a hard time deciding between getting the HVD upgrade for the omicron or the persei. looks like i made the right choice. woo hoo

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok for those that care, these are my ruminations on my first few days with the persei. actually i think i can boil the thoughts down to their essence. their simplest, yet most elegant meaning, its core self if you will. and it is this: the game has been changed and this is the start of the future. this is what i expected the omicron to be. the 2.4 on the 3.7v battery gave me production i thought i would get from the omicron, so the regulated/unregulated debacle continues. the 5.0 at 7.4 is damn near perfect and the double barrel 5s are heavenly, really close to a nail hit imo. so far we have had ZERO leaking issues unlike the omicron which makes me happy and it burns oil at a rate just eeeeeeeever so slightly more than my omicron so its like an escalade getting 40 mpg on the highway. as chester says, 'impressive, sir!'

i do have a few questions tho. does the double top HAVE to have two carts to run properly or can you go single on the double side? is the protected/unprotected battery thing important just because of charging issues or are there other reasons as well? are 16340s usable? it says they are on the website but not in the pamphlet that came with it. has anyone tried them? is there a prescribed method for cartridge burn in so they don't leak?

tia

h

We are happy that the device is working for you.

now lets answer your questions.

You can use a single cart on a double top no problem there.

I would use IMR batteries at all times as they are capable of handling the power requirements of the double top if you decide to do dual cart.

16340's do fit the persei you just need to adjust for it.

use 3.7v mode to oxidize carts.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

JoeKickass

ps i was having a hard time deciding between getting the HVD upgrade for the omicron or the persei. looks like i made the right choice. woo hoo

If you have a v2 I would still check out the HVD, I just received mine today...

Imagine 5 ohm cart power (and it really is almost as powerful...) in v2's slim body:
:mmmm:

JoeKickass,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Here is the one of the first surprises.

534199_313150948773625_1129085623_n.jpg

Know its got alittle more designing to go, but think Less filtration. A small showerhead is a good idea. Less filter for trates, slightly more for flowers. good design with the perc at bottom, maybe side slits as well? think of the chug. S neck is good. Wide base is a great design too. Check into gridding such as 2012BC, Sovereignty, EFS. Gridding for a small perc means less chug, too much gridding and youll filter out all the Yum. or David Goldstein approach with the fritted discs (beware, patent pending on his designs). Looks like a removable stem with a rubber grommet. Good idea, allows reclaim and cleaning. Very cool splash guard too. Like the ideas, but at that point why not just get a Ti and glass piece? Frankly thatd make more sense. not sold on it yet. Removes portability, what the unit is prized on. Otherwise everyone'd still be using nails.

Try that same cart on 2x18350 see if that works. Just do a 2 second run if its full, or dry run soon as you see light let it go. This will make sure carts working, and narrow down issue to cells.

I am currently OUT of 5 ohm carts after 2 died immediately after a on/off as soon as you see the glow with 2x18350 (that came with the Persei). My 3rd went into use without any oxidizing or glow check and died inside 24hrs.. ALL the advice given here was to NOT do this glow test with the 2x18350's..

Now that my months supply of 5 ohms is gone in 48 hours I am back to 1.5's and 2.4's I read glow testing is still recommended by the manufacturer? I have to say that THIS just adds confusion to my situation.. When I get my next batch of 5's.. DO I glow test or not? I don't yet have a multimeter so I need something the use can do safely with the equipment that came in the box.

Thanks.

Indy.

Indicana_Jones,

OF

Now that my months supply of 5 ohms is gone in 48 hours I am back to 1.5's and 2.4's I read glow testing is still recommended by the manufacturer? I have to say that THIS just adds confusion to my situation.. When I get my next batch of 5's.. DO I glow test or not? I don't yet have a multimeter so I need something the use can do safely with the equipment that came in the box.

Bummer to run out of carts before you're out of month.....

FWIW I've given up on 'glow tests'. I've had carts that I couldn't see the glow in (alignment?) that worked fine. Not to mention that 'dry firing' (which is what a glow test is, really) is not advised. If a lot is fatal, a little can't be all that good.

Rather I suggest you get a meter and measure them for resistance. This one is less than the cost of a cart and is super easy to use:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00066ZZO4/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Use the 200 Ohm range (at about 6 o'clock on the knob), short the leads together first to read their resistance (typically an Ohm or a bit more) then subtract that from the following readings to get the true resistance of the cart. Hold one probe on the side of the cart ('ground it'), then probe the hole in the center of the screw connector with the other.

Fast, easy, accurate and can't hurt your carts. You can also amuse yourself measuring battery voltages and stuff....

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I am currently OUT of 5 ohm carts after 2 died immediately after a on/off as soon as you see the glow with 2x18350 (that came with the Persei). My 3rd went into use without any oxidizing or glow check and died inside 24hrs.. ALL the advice given here was to NOT do this glow test with the 2x18350's..

Thanks.

Indy.

PM me lets get this sorted out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Vitolo

jpdnkstr

Ok, I would first like to say that the double tip silicone mouthpiece makes the Persei a Fucking Beast!(everything I knew she could be!) I'm only using 3.7 w/dual 2.4's and wow! I am having issues with 5ohm carts leaking, and at first thought it was because I was a newbie to this type of power, but I have had 1.5 ohm carts running for a long time(1.7-3g) Original 2.4's for (2-4g) approx with no problems(some run on 6v). I have only had 1 2.4 leak, after a looong time of use, never a 1.5. The 5ohm carts leaked after first session(and every one thereafter) all carts filled with .7g always, I have read all WIKI and threads on both Omi and Persei, and wondering if I am missing something or if I may have gotten a bad box of carts. All concentrates are consistent through the different carts.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
that's strange. only thing i can think is either you got a bad batch or overheated during filing or use. hard to tell over the net. try tapping at the button w/ 5ohm on 7.4v to get clouds. don't hang on it too long. maybe that will help?

Bob Loblaw,

Darb

Ok, I would first like to say that the double tip silicone mouthpiece makes the Persei a Fucking Beast!(everything I knew she could be!) I'm only using 3.7 w/dual 2.4's and wow! I am having issues with 5ohm carts leaking, and at first thought it was because I was a newbie to this type of power, but I have had 1.5 ohm carts running for a long time(1.7-3g) Original 2.4's for (2-4g) approx with no problems(some run on 6v). I have only had 1 2.4 leak, after a looong time of use, never a 1.5. The 5ohm carts leaked after first session(and every one thereafter) all carts filled with .7g always, I have read all WIKI and threads on both Omi and Persei, and wondering if I am missing something or if I may have gotten a bad box of carts. All concentrates are consistent through the different carts.

I have had the same problems with the 5ohm carts.

Darb,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Contact me via pm, ill see what we can do to fix it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

whos coming to the cup this weekend?

Not sure yet, I balked at the $65 pre order, still thinking about the $40 day pass......

I may decide at the last minute, I really wanna try that jungle juice of yours you know. Be good to see you again.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom