Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

JCat

Accessory Maker
It really looked pretty cool ... did it produce decently thick vapor (like the Solo?) Wonder how the battery life is with the herb attachment ... (I'd love to get my hands on one of these ... really looking for an alternate portable to compliment my Solo)

JCat,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
It really looked pretty cool ... did it produce decently thick vapor (like the Solo?) Wonder how the battery life is with the herb attachment ... (I'd love to get my hands on one of these ... really looking for an alternate portable to compliment my Solo)

Well lets wait two weeks because tomorrow we will have a meeting with engineers to redo the glass on glass herb chamber.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Dry, it worked pretty well at the cup in my short trial. It needs some work on the intake resistance but other than that a great small attatchment for vaping herbs.

It uses the nail cart for power, right? Reason enough to keep that ability alive in V2 HVD, IMO.

OF

OF,

kevin

Hi G
I need some help please, I have the V2 and love it so I had to have the Persei, of course my new toy was DOA. I sent it in and it was replaced (Thanks) I ordered the hammer when waiting for Persei to come back, now the Hammer works BUT everytime in hits anything, it flashes 3 times and turns off, I mean just set it on the table it goes off! If you just hold it, it works fine. Also the carts that read 5.0 EC/6Up Tech that use to work(tested @3.7V), I loaded and one 2 secound puf on new Persei and cooked! What is the diff between the carts that say EC/6Up and the ones that just say EC/6?
What I'm I doing wrong here or is it just my bad luck?
Thanks
Kevin

kevin,

DubCRider

Welcome to FC Kevin! The Hammer issue is supposed to happen, it's a drop detection shutoff. You can warm it up sitting on the table then pick it up. If you turn it on then try to set it down it will shut off. As far as your carts go, you burnt them out. Testing @ 3.7v is correct, but I'm guessing you tried to prime @ 7.4v. After you fill continue to use the 3.7v setup to prime the cart. It will produce vapor. Get 10-15 good hits then switch to 7.4v. The oil acts like coolant for the cart making sure it doesn't get too hot, just like a motor. 7.4v is a lot of power!

DubCRider,
Reactions: OF

kevin

Thanks
I was hoping it was a safty thing with the Hammer, thanks for the info on priming the carts. I did prime @ 7.4 but would only hit power for 3 sec them off etc. I see people on Utube testing Hammer and using 3.7V cart to prove that it still works, how do they keep from cooking there carts, lucky?
Thanks for the tips, what carts do you feel work the best for waxs (soild)? I have 4Ohm 6V and 3.7 V 1.5Ohm and the stock ones that come with unit.
And whats the deal with the oxidation, how are we to do this ? 3.7V on 5 sec off 15sec do this about ten times?? You think this would cook them.
Thanks
Kevin

kevin,

DubCRider

1.5-3ohm will work at 3.7v, The 2.4ohm being the stock setting. A 1.5ohm will provide a bigger hit with less time on the button and 3ohm will hit weaker with more time on the button. Ohms = resistance. When swimming, water could compare to 1.5 and jello to 5. More resistance needs more power for same results. It's ok to underpower a cart(5ohm@3.7v) but not ok to run 1.5ohm@7.4.

Yes, 5sec on 15sec break 10 times to oxidize underpowered or at spec. Only oxidize under spec with 3-5ohm carts.

DubCRider,

kevin

DubCRider
Thanks, I understand how Ohms law works, I was really woundering what carts people that liked heavy big puffs of wax were using or were the danger/cooking point was on the carts when using the 7.4 volt setting ,ie 3 Ohm 6V 4 Ohm &7.4 etc?
I know this is going to be alot of trail and error, just trying to save a few carts. Thanks for all your info and anymore you may have! The Hammer ROCKS!
Hey how about a case check this one out. Sorry don't know how to post pics, I can e-mail if anybody wanted to see, watertight hard case.
Kevin

DubCRider
Thanks, I understand how Ohms law works, I was really woundering what carts people that liked heavy big puffs of wax were using or were the danger/cooking point was on the carts when using the 7.4 volt setting ,ie 3 Ohm 6V 4 Ohm &7.4 etc?
I know this is going to be alot of trail and error, just trying to save a few carts. Thanks for all your info and anymore you may have! The Hammer ROCKS!
Hey how about a case check this one out. Sorry don't know how to post pics, I can e-mail if anybody wanted to see, watertight hard case.
Kevin
I will e-mail a picture to G, If he likes it maybe he will post for me.
Kevin

kevin,

OF

DubCRider

My advice remains to start with 2.4 Ohm carts on 3.7 Volts until you master them. If it was as easy as just buying a different resistance cart it'd be different, but it's not. You need to develop skills with the system, but the time you do you'll be in a better position to make these sorts of choices.

Go for 'big clouds' out of the shoot and expect to fight leaks, clogs, poor performance and random burned out carts (each costing about .2 grams of concentrate as well) as you try to juggle the various factors. 2.4 Ohm carts are much more forgiving. And they do an excellent job if you give them a chance.

OF

OF,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
just made the switch back to 2.4 left the 1.5's packed away and filled up a 2.4 tasting good all flavor. I'm used to the hot 1.5's but i'd rather have that peace of mind that the 2.4's can work with me a bit more, I feel like she's more patient.

kushcabbage,

OF

just made the switch back to 2.4 left the 1.5's packed away and filled up a 2.4 tasting good all flavor. I'm used to the hot 1.5's but i'd rather have that peace of mind that the 2.4's can work with me a bit more, I feel like she's more patient.

Good plan, wonder why it didn't occur to me to suggest before......

Once you've got driving them under control, you're ready to try the freeway.

OF

OF,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Good plan, wonder why it didn't occur to me to suggest before......

Once you've got driving them under control, you're ready to try the freeway.

OF

Oddly enough driving a 4 ohm at 3.7 currently. 2.4 is a good spot. 1.5 is good for people who want clouds or limitations. If you go to planetvape and go to the cartridges page it gives you all the watts volts amps and ohms of various combinations. Basically, the highest power WITHIN the recommended limits is 2.4 at ~6v. pushing around 15w. Again, thats WITHIN the limits. What is currently being used (4ohm cart at 3.7), isnt recommended but it works. Thing is the resistance is so high and voltage is so low that you dont risk overload on that setting. Others you can (i.e. 1.5ohm at 7.4v). Too much power for too low resistance. Just follow the chart, and test which you like best. 7.4, IMO, limits what carts can be used. But if your a clouds-man then its more power to you, no pun intended. 6v is a favorite. things get done, things function, wider cart range, and dont blow carts as easy.

In simple terms, 7.4v limits what carts you can use, and 1.5 ohms limits what batteries you can use. all in between should be tested to find preference. IMO.

Porquiplane,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Well now theres some crazy occurrence... and old unmarked 2.4 ohm; at 3.7v, filled halfway +/- ~.1 depending, isnt producing vapor. Primed 5/10 times for 5 seconds or so. No vapor. 4ohm at 3.7 is producing however. less resistance, less power makes no sense. but is it just still soaking into wick? never took this long. heavy machine oil taste. no pre-oxidizing, not willing to dry fire.

Porquiplane,

OF

Well now theres some crazy occurrence... and old unmarked 2.4 ohm; at 3.7v, filled halfway +/- ~.1 depending, isnt producing vapor. Primed 5/10 times for 5 seconds or so. No vapor. 4ohm at 3.7 is producing however. less resistance, less power makes no sense. but is it just still soaking into wick? never took this long. heavy machine oil taste. no pre-oxidizing, not willing to dry fire.

Sounds to me like the load got hung up. Smaller loads can be more prone due to less mass holding heat. How did the load seem to you (normal)? How thick is the concentrate? How brave are you? Wanna try melting it down?

Lots of questions, I know.....

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
well i have a story.

Cartridge 2.0 ohms wont produce massive clouds on a 4.1v device, same cartridge produces massive clouds on lcd top we are testing set at 4.1v

Yes I checked the output voltage at the connector on all the units and this is 5 units we tested are putting out what the battery is registering on the Meter.

Only difference is lcd is 2x18350 with buck set at 4.1v while regular persei is aw imr single 18650.

good thing engineer is coming back to work on monday

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

well i have a story.

Cartridge 2.0 ohms wont produce massive clouds on a 4.1v device, same cartridge produces massive clouds on lcd top we are testing set at 4.1v

Yes I checked the output voltage at the connector on all the units and this is 5 units we tested are putting out what the battery is registering on the Meter.

Only difference is lcd is 2x18350 with buck set at 4.1v while regular persei is aw imr single 18650.

good thing engineer is coming back to work on monday

Sorry, Big Guy, you lost me on the first line???

Didja mean '...won't produce massive clouds on a 3.7 Volt device'?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Sorry, Big Guy, you lost me on the first line???

Didja mean '...won't produce massive clouds on a 3.7 Volt device'?

OF
ok let me clear it up.

I have 5 Persei's for testing. All single top all batteries are reading 4.1v and all AW IMR 18650. They are reading 4.1 out of the unit and 4.1v while the button is pressed measured at the connector.

Now 2.0 ohm leak proof cart does not produce massive vapor on these setups.

Now 6th Persei. LCD Variable voltage top, thats set to 4.1v, but using 2 x 18350 AW IMR. Now using the same cartridge this beast produces 10x more vapor.

What could cause that? Also thought about voltage drop. So we tested 2.0 ohm cart at 3.2v alot more clouds then 4.1v single 18650 battery.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Sounds to me like the load got hung up. Smaller loads can be more prone due to less mass holding heat. How did the load seem to you (normal)? How thick is the concentrate? How brave are you? Wanna try melting it down?

Lots of questions, I know.....

OF

Being on this side of the country, dont have many "options". So the only "load" there has been has been consistent as there is no other around. It has always been absurdly sticky. always getting hung up on the fill tool, its viscous. wouldnt call it a liquid, nor a solid. but its more viscous than honey. almost like caramel. liquid-like only when sitting on a mild/medium (120-250) heat source. once cooled it thickens right up.

Porquiplane,
Top Bottom