Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC
May I ask if the herb cart is imminent and how the Persei plus herb cart will differ from the thermovape. OK 2 questions - lol - thank you in advance

cannybagoftudor,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
He's still working on the herb cart, might be another month or longer, that seems to be the most frequently asked question lately... I am sure we will know when it's ready. :whip:

jambandphan03,

kertong

*please delete me*
Ok, I am about 2 hours into ownership and I can't be more pleased. I've been medicating for about a decade now regularly, so I have a tolerance through the roof. I would kill an entire cart in a day on the omicron and it would take a long time to start feeling at a 3-4/10. I'd switch batteries twice per day for the omicron. It was uber convenient, tasted great, but it worked more as a daily sipper to top myself off.

but man - with this persei, I've only taken about 6-7 hits off the 7.4v dual cart head(taking care to let carts cool down and spread it out), both filled with a gram each of blueberry dream supermelt from HHCSJ, and I'm well medicated at a 6-7/10. 3-4 more hits should have me sitting pretty - as it is I have a HUGE grin plastered on my face. I'm coming off of my doctor prescribed fluxoetine now (about 1 week in) and the withdrawl is a b*tch, so being well medicated has me feeling like myself again.

Can't thank you enough, thc science. It's been a long time since I could say I feel like I have a nice warm towel wrapped around my brain...

kertong,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Ok, I am about 2 hours into ownership and I can't be more pleased. I've been medicating for about a decade now regularly, so I have a tolerance through the roof. I would kill an entire cart in a day on the omicron and it would take a long time to start feeling at a 3-4/10. I'd switch batteries twice per day for the omicron. It was uber convenient, tasted great, but it worked more as a daily sipper to top myself off.

but man - with this persei, I've only taken about 6-7 hits off the 7.4v dual cart head(taking care to let carts cool down and spread it out), both filled with a gram each of blueberry dream supermelt from HHCSJ, and I'm well medicated at a 6-7/10. 3-4 more hits should have me sitting pretty - as it is I have a HUGE grin plastered on my face. I'm coming off of my doctor prescribed fluxoetine now (about 1 week in) and the withdrawl is a b*tch, so being well medicated has me feeling like myself again.

Can't thank you enough, thc science. It's been a long time since I could say I feel like I have a nice warm towel wrapped around my brain...

Glad we can help you out on your daily needs. It makes us smile knowing that our R&D is helping people out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
ooh, that's a good one to know. thank you, havealight101 :) What about a fully charged 7.4v config with the standard omicron carts? Are the standard omicron carts the 2.4ohm ones? Sorry, I'm totally clueless when it comes to electronics, I know the ohm rating will change the current but I forget if it's multiplies it or divides it, etc.. haha.

edit: did some homework, looks like the higher volt + lower ohm will just make it burn out faster. hope my long blue 3.7v works, cuz i want to use this no 7 second timeout persei with all my omi carts as well :) still red and charging atm, though..

you can run 4 ohm, but prime it first on 3.7 after first load and full charge. then move to the 7.4 setup. cart will have a better chance of survival. just tap for a second or two on and off. should be all you need. 4 ohms are better at 6v, i haven't gotten to run that config, but i just hit the dual 5ohm at 7.4 full blast and wow. just wow. will take it next to a skillet or oil and dome anyday. might take 2-3 to get same volume per hit, but much, much cooler. hold that sucker in!

Bob Loblaw,

JoeKickass

So, is it a bad idea to run the double top with one 5 ohm and one 4 ohm cart?

I'm not 100% on this and too drunk to figure it out tonight but I'm pretty sure if the double top is just a straight parallel connection to the battery there shouldn't be a problem. The current that flows through a cart is determined only by voltage and resistance. The battery voltage will be 7.2v or w.e. it is but the resistance will be different for each cart so they should each get the right amount of current even if the carts aren't the same.

It just might be tricky to hit one cart that's chugging out vapor and one that's just trickling but I'll buy you a Persei if you try it and it breaks, should be totally safe.

JoeKickass,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Waited for the 5 ohm carts to arrive today before trying my new Persei. Loaded two carts with two different varieties (checked for "glow" first).
Loading was a breeze. First tried each cart using two CR123As (6v). Both worked fine. Sometime later...I switched to the 18350 batteries and tried both carts again successfully. Sometime later...used the same setup but this time one cart is not functioning. Draws fine, but no heat. So I'm guessing its a "bad" cart?

If its a bad cart just exactly how does one go about "reclaiming" the contents?

Sinclue,

Robaba89

Can't tell you if it's bad. I assume the reclaim is as easy as loading was, just kinda backwards. Warm the cart while it's upside down and the contents should flow out. Just don't overheat and make sure you have a surface / tool to gather it on as it flows out.

Robaba89,

JoeKickass

Waited for the 5 ohm carts to arrive today before trying my new Persei. Loaded two carts with two different varieties (checked for "glow" first).
Loading was a breeze. First tried each cart using two CR123As (6v). Both worked fine. Sometime later...I switched to the 18350 batteries and tried both carts again successfully. Sometime later...used the same setup but this time one cart is not functioning. Draws fine, but no heat. So I'm guessing its a "bad" cart?

What's the longest you've held the button down for? I've only used the 1.5 ohm carts at 3.7v but I've been able to hold them down for the full 7 seconds and haven't lost one yet...

Reclaiming is basically backwards filling, hold cart upside down with pliers and heat from bottom threaded side to top open side until it stops dripping.

JoeKickass,

Sinclue

What's the longest you've held the button down for? I've only used the 1.5 ohm carts at 3.7v but I've been able to hold them down for the full 7 seconds and haven't lost one yet...

Reclaiming is basically backwards filling, hold cart upside down with pliers and heat from bottom threaded side to top open side until it stops dripping.

Figured that, but didn't want to have missed something.

Didn't hold down button more than 6 or 7 seconds. Works on one cart, but not the other. One warm with vapor, the other cold and no vapor. Got to be dead, right?
I guess I can try holding the suspect one down for longer...any chance that might make a difference?

Sinclue,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Didn't hold down button more than 6 or 7 seconds. Works on one cart, but not the other. One warm with vapor, the other cold and no vapor. Got to be dead, right?
I guess I can try holding the suspect one down for longer...any chance that might make a difference?

Whats going on boss?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

If you have a multimeter you can measure the ohms to know for sure. Otherwise if it's dead might as well keep trying I guess...

JoeKickass,

Sinclue

Whats going on boss?

Greetings Oh Great One

Learning curve I expect. Of first two 5 ohm carts one seems to have died. One still going strong. Thus the lag in response and in subsequent events.
Deciding that one cart was bad I proceeded to "reclaim" its contents. Not thinking I dripped it into another cart. I say not thinking because although I know how much I put in originally I didn't really keep track of how much might have come out by not dripping into a bottle or something first. (Now it suddenly occurs to me I could have weighed an empty cart....oh well). I tried it anyway and couldn't get it to prime with the blue battery. Then I tried the 2 CR123As and still no luck. I decided (again perhaps altered thinking) that maybe I needed more content. Added approx. .5g and suspect I've overfilled as I can't draw at all...although I haven't tried priming with the 18350s yet. I can feel the cart getting warm at the bottom with the two second bursts but don't want to risk burning it out.

So at this point I'm 1 for 2 and maybe even 1 for 3, but as I say I expect a learning curve.

On a somewhat related note I sent you my address per Ticket# 382649. At least I think I did, but I'm not sure that I responded properly. Let me know if I need to try again/some other way.

Sinclue,

druminfected

I dont want to sound whiny, but its a little confusing why thcscientific combined 4 ohm carts and 7.4 volt battery. Shouldnt it have been 5 ohm carts? Or a 6 volt battery?

There was a miscalculation and it's really 8.4 volts when the 18350 batteries are fully new and charged. So 5ohm carts are best used for this configurations, and the 4ohms you should be using the CR123A 6 volt batteries. :)

THC Scientific did say he was going to post up a new chart of the different ohm's and voltages. (I guess planetvape posted up one on this thread if you look on earlier pages, but that's the old version) The new version of the chart should be up soon though!

druminfected,

JoeKickass

Greetings Oh Great One

Learning curve I expect. Of first two 5 ohm carts one seems to have died. One still going strong. Thus the lag in response and in subsequent events.
Deciding that one cart was bad I proceeded to "reclaim" its contents. Not thinking I dripped it into another cart. I say not thinking because although I know how much I put in originally I didn't really keep track of how much might have come out by not dripping into a bottle or something first. (Now it suddenly occurs to me I could have weighed an empty cart....oh well). I tried it anyway and couldn't get it to prime with the blue battery. Then I tried the 2 CR123As and still no luck. I decided (again perhaps altered thinking) that maybe I needed more content. Added approx. .5g and suspect I've overfilled as I can't draw at all...although I haven't tried priming with the 18350s yet. I can feel the cart getting warm at the bottom with the two second bursts but don't want to risk burning it out.

So at this point I'm 1 for 2 and maybe even 1 for 3, but as I say I expect a learning curve.

On a somewhat related note I sent you my address per Ticket# 382649. At least I think I did, but I'm not sure that I responded properly. Let me know if I need to try again/some other way.

How far down are you heating the cart when you fill? Try holding the cart by close to the threads and heat the top half or two thirds of the cart with a lighter. You should be able to prime a cart without using the cart heater at all...

JoeKickass,

OF

How far down are you heating the cart when you fill? Try holding the cart by close to the threads and heat the top half or two thirds of the cart with a lighter. You should be able to prime a cart without using the cart heater at all...

I'd be a little careful with that "heat it 2/3 of the way down" advice. For those who haven't peeked inside, the top most (and probably most important) of the seals is just over 1.50 inches down, almost exactly that 2/3 of the way down point.

IMO your fingers, not fire, belong that far down. I recommend holding it just below mid point and heating the top part only.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

I'd be a little careful with that "heat it 2/3 of the way down" advice. For those who haven't peeked inside, the top most (and probably most important) of the seals is just over 1.50 inches down, almost exactly that 2/3 of the way down point.

IMO your fingers, not fire, belong that far down. I recommend holding it just below mid point and heating the top part only.

OF

Yeah to each their own but definitely be careful. I like to give it a very quick touch just to see how hot it feels to be safe

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i like to keep a damp rag handy, but my oil is tacky so i get her a little hotter than most i'd bet. vacuum purged shatter mostly

Bob Loblaw,

OF

i like to keep a damp rag handy, but my oil is tacky so i get her a little hotter than most i'd bet. vacuum purged shatter mostly

I would never say another guy's oil is 'tacky' (even if it was, or he was as far as that goes....). For sure some take more heat than others. Which is why I settled on the technique I advise, heating the tube below the funnel and load well before heating the load. So when it drops down, it does so past hot metal and doesn't try to set up before it hits the bottom. Done 'right' you can actually feel the heat of the load as it drops down and shows up suddenly at the bottom. At least sometimes.

Once it's melted into the cart, you're on you're on your own. But I was serious about that seal position measurement. The main seal (the one that seals the wick and the bottom of the furnace chamber) is an inch and a half down the tube, higher up than most guys would think. 2 of the 3 seals sit on top of the threaded insert in the bottom of the tube, which itself extends up into the tube a bit. Too much heat, and floods and leaks are bound to haunt you from there on.

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
good to know. haven't had any leaks, not sure what ya mean about floods, i use a torch lightly instead of a bic and hold the bottom 1/3 with a lightly damp cloth. have filled 10 carts at least w/ no fails. agree with pre-heating the cart then the fill tool completely. much smoother transition.

Bob Loblaw,

OF

haven't had any leaks, not sure what ya mean about floods, i use a torch lightly instead of a bic and hold the bottom 1/3 with a lightly damp cloth. have filled 10 carts at least w/ no fails. agree with pre-heating the cart then the fill tool completely. much smoother transition.

Glad to hear you're on board. Floods are when lots of (usually fairly thin) oil leaks into and fills the furnace chamber so you can't draw through it. Not just a minor plug, but a drop or so sometimes you have to end up sucking out the top in stages. Not nice, best avoided. You can also do this by leaving the white cover on. Heat causes pressure to build (it can't vent out the top now) inside so that forces oil out past the wick seals into the furnace.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom