Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
thank god! mouthpiece fits INSIDE the cart, please not let it be rubber that traps in bho smell, i absolutely cant stand omicron rubber mouthpieces! they get SO stinky! Kinda ruins the whole point of discrepancy right? Thanks dub c for the vids! Im sold. I feel like the omicron was only a small beta test, i really cant wait for these new products to come out.

Xchadb,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
OF said:
Hey, did we just see the fabled 'leakproof cart' in the video? Didn't the cart shown use a new mouthpiece 'that fits inside and covers the oil supply, only exposing the tube in the center'?

Otherwise, an exciting project. Seems squarely aimed at the 'big clouds' bunch, just what they've been asking for. Cool.

OF

No the ones in the video are not the leak proof carts, they are still waiting for me to finish.

the mouth pieces are aluminum or stainless depends what we decide to put inside. But they fit inside and are custom made for our cartridges.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Xchadb said:
thank god! mouthpiece fits INSIDE the cart, please not let it be rubber that traps in bho smell, i absolutely cant stand omicron rubber mouthpieces! they get SO stinky! Kinda ruins the whole point of discrepancy right? Thanks dub c for the vids! Im sold. I feel like the omicron was only a small beta test, i really cant wait for these new products to come out.

We understand this and this is why we changed it up to this style of mouth pieces. These are custom made to fit, standard mouth pieces ( drip tips ) will not fit correctly.

The omicron started the personal oil Vaporizer industry, and we will continue to lead it. As we walk away from Ecig technology and more into................ To Be continued.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
OF said:
Hey, did we just see the fabled 'leakproof cart' in the video? Didn't the cart shown use a new mouthpiece 'that fits inside and covers the oil supply, only exposing the tube in the center'?

Otherwise, an exciting project. Seems squarely aimed at the 'big clouds' bunch, just what they've been asking for. Cool.

OF

Ne the ones in the video are not the leak proof carts, they are still waiting for me to finish.

the mouth pieces are aluminum or stainless depends what we decide to put inside. But they fit inside and are custom made for our cartridges.

Awesome :D was gonna buy another omi when mine broke but my ghetto one will hold me over til persei is out :)

Xchadb,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
No the ones in the video are not the leak proof carts, they are still waiting for me to finish.

Thanks for the info (and stealth update), can't hardly blame a guy for wishing can you?

I follow what you say about standard drip tips not working. They hit the bridge. I found that by carefully filing almost all of the lower lip retaining the o-ring they can be made to fit. However, the tip can also seal against the bridge around the tube (aided by some oil to fill the gaps) and pressure can build like if you leave the white cap on causing leaks. So you then need to do something like countersink the hole (which is what I did in the end) since you can't do notches in the thinned skirt. All in all a lot of work to get a 'better' tip. And I butched the first one, doubling the cost.

Oh, yeah, if you're using (fairly thin?) oil that 'spits' a lot (normally would foul the rubber tip quickly), that stuff is going to end up in your mouth since the tip won't trap it any more.

"Nothing in life is simple". Well, some things are.....

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OF said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Thanks for the info (and stealth update), can't hardly blame a guy for wishing can you?

I follow what you say about standard drip tips not working. They hit the bridge. I found that by carefully filing almost all of the lower lip retaining the o-ring they can be made to fit. However, the tip can also seal against the bridge around the tube (aided by some oil to fill the gaps) and pressure can build like if you leave the white cap on causing leaks. So you then need to do something like countersink the hole (which is what I did in the end) since you can't do notches in the thinned skirt. All in all a lot of work to get a 'better' tip. And I butched the first one, doubling the cost.

Oh, yeah, if you're using (fairly thin?) oil that 'spits' a lot (normally would foul the rubber tip quickly), that stuff is going to end up in your mouth since the tip won't trap it any more.

"Nothing in life is simple". Well, some things are.....

OF

The Nail cartridges are going to be the other cartridges we have coined as LAyG ( load as you go ) These should be leak proof for sure.

But for a leak proof regular cartridge its working the way it is designed to, but there is still that 1% that we want to fix. This 1% we call the unknown factor because we cant test everyone technique's and oils, that is going to make it hard for it to be leak proof.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
The Nail cartridges are going to be the other cartridges we have coined as LAyG ( load as you go ) These should be leak proof for sure.

But for a leak proof regular cartridge its working the way it is designed to, but there is still that 1% that we want to fix. This 1% we call the unknown factor because we cant test everyone technique's and oils, that is going to make it hard for it to be leak proof.

LAyG! Love it. Works great for me.

I understand the problem. I once worked for a guy who'd say 'only Engineers sweat the last 10%'. Experimentalists can afford that attitude, looking for where the remaining troubles come from is, of course, critical here. If you make 20,000 units and have only 12 problems the suits can celebrate "better than 99.9%" while you still have to deal with twelve problems.

Is the plan still to have a pilot run discounted to FC members for evaluations?

OF

OF,

OF

VaporBoxed said:
I have used a drip tip in my omicron carts plenty of times. It worked like a charm.

It doesn't sit on the bridge with a the ring barely inside and a gap above it? Interesting. I tried several brands, they all fit the same, resting on top of the bridge. That bridge sits on top of the upper tube which is only supported by the ceramic inner chamber. Have even a very modest 'head first' fall (as it's prone to do) and I bet you break the cart every time. Same as hitting the tube with a center punch. Not to mention there's enough wiggle that at least one of mine fell out.

OF

OF,

bruno13

insomniac
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
VAPORIZER22 said:
Getting better and better. Question about the carts, does the kit come with carts that will work at all voltage levels or just a 3.7v Omicron cart? Are the 6.0v and 7.4v carts the same?

At 3.7v you can use the regular cartridges that work on the omicron, anything above 5v you would need special cartridges different ranges require different cartridges.

All will be posted and is included in the manual that is inside.

Will a high resistance carts be included with the peresi and/or will the be available when the persei ships?

bruno13,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
bruno13 said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
VAPORIZER22 said:
Getting better and better. Question about the carts, does the kit come with carts that will work at all voltage levels or just a 3.7v Omicron cart? Are the 6.0v and 7.4v carts the same?

At 3.7v you can use the regular cartridges that work on the omicron, anything above 5v you would need special cartridges different ranges require different cartridges.

All will be posted and is included in the manual that is inside.

Will a high resistance carts be included with the peresi and/or will the be available when the persei ships?

Still working on it, maybe 2 x 4 ohms inside or 1 x 2.4 ohm. Still up to the accountant as to we we can include to make everyone happy.

But the high res carts will be available when we launch it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Pcpvapors

Is the Persei shipping with an herb cart or are all models receiving herb carts separately at a later date?

Pcpvapors,
Oh i tried it again and the driptip didnt work. My bad. I forgot I was attaching tubing to the cart then putting the drip tip in that.

VaporBoxed,

OF

VaporBoxed said:
Oh i tried it again and the driptip didnt work. My bad. I forgot I was attaching tubing to the cart then putting the drip tip in that.

Cool, thanks for the follow up. The universe just clicked back into that greased groove....

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok guys, im gonna do a little informative post about ecigs and different types.

This is a ecig

ecig-how-it-works.jpg

All parts are labeled.

Now there are different variations.

Pen type

images

Ego Style

images

and the Mods

images

This is a ecig atomizer. This means the heating element and cartridge that contains the oil are separate.

how-e-cig-works.jpg

This is another type of Atomizer. It is a tank atomizer

images

This is another Tank atomizer.

images

Many home grown oil vape companies are using these types of atomizers, and re branding them and saying its something that it is not. Because of many medical patients who are not in the ecig industry do not know any better they fall for this scam.

Take example of this model that is now being marketed as a oil vape.

1326241551825-1447146825.png

This device has the heater coil inside that looks like this, might be little bit different. But same concept.

images

These atomizers retail for about $7, but these oil vape companies are now retailing them for $20+ up to $40. Because majority of the medical community is not aware of these devices in the ecig field, so their are not making a informed decision.

Before anyone buys anything that looks like a ecig atomizer or cartomizer, please please please dont be fooled by many of these people.

Take a look at this model. Ovale Elips

ellips-structure.jpg

Retails for $85.95

But a company that markets it as Thermo for the medical community retails it for $159.

Makes your wonder huh.

Most of you will say hey what about you? You marketed your ego ecigs for $200.

We never hid the fact that it was a ecig battery. You will not find any thread or forum that says its not. In Fact we claimed it was a ecig battery. We just did the cartridges.

With the Omicron opening a whole new vaporizer industry to the end user. We have spent a lot of funds for research and development, this is the price we pay for doing this. having high prices to pay for bills, while other who just have no research and get away with that bullshit.

Remember if a vape company just came out with a ecig style vape, most likely its just a re branded ecig with no research behind it at all.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Egzoset

OF

Thanks for the great info THC, lots of us don't know e-cigs from Shinola.

However, did you mean to say, "These atomizers retail for about $7, but these oil vape companies are not retailing them for $20+ up to $40."? That is does the "not" part belong?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OF said:
Thanks for the great info THC, lots of us don't know e-cigs from Shinola.

However, did you mean to say, "These atomizers retail for about $7, but these oil vape companies are not retailing them for $20+ up to $40."? That is does the "not" part belong?

OF

Typo. It is fixed and reads "now" now.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
->THC

I think that was the post that everyone needed to be informed thank you :D

Xchadb,

JoeKickass

I'm just amazed they don't have mobs of people chanting for their money back... what even happens to one of those ecig atomizers when you stick it in BHO? I doubt it works very well...

JoeKickass,

2clicker

Observer
i cant wait to see the herb cart for this. as well as the other devices that delta 9 has up their sleeves :ko:

2clicker,

Adobewan

So I was lucky enough to get an early Persei from "G" at THC Sci and all I can say is, the Revolution for my Thermovape is now retired. Heck if it wasn't for the sleek styling of the Omicron, that might have also have been retired as well. All the convenience of loading and forgetting of the Omicron but with a punch that will knock you off your feet. Had the further good luck to try bubble in the infamous nail cart at the lab, could NOT finish my draw due to lung busting, it is a killer!!!. The THC guys are working on a small aspect of the nail cart, almost unnecessarily revolutionary, but the small delay will be so worth it. "G" is a perfectionist almost to his undoing. That nail cart would fly off the shelves as is, but he's got a functional idea on it that would make a Vulcan envious.
The Persei is a beast, a monster, I fear it! Really not sure what iron-lung monster that nail cart is designed for, but the 5 Ohm cartridge that comes with the Persei with the two 3.7 batteries in(you have multiple battery options, which is cool) packs a punch as well. I can get quite a cloud out of my Omicron, but the Persei drives the clouds home!
Barely a prime on my most stable concentrate and the vapor flows. I imagine Gold would vape like jet exhaust(would review that but only got one 5 ohm cartridge and loaded some Trainwreck into it.)
The industrial grade elevator button is awesome, the cool aluminum mouthpieces as well.

And I haven't had to charge the silent batteries in a couple of days.

I told G, even though I comfortably carried the Persei in my front jeans pocket all day Saturday, it's like the Omicron is my portable and the Persei is my home unit.
Just not sure if I'd need the Kryptonian level of power the Persei delivers while out and about.

I'll update as I play with the different combinations of batteries and double cartridge options, but THC has delivered yet another revolutionary device.

Adobewan,
thc, please will the vaporization of herbs totally avoid combustion? how much degrees will be the max. temperature? thank you :)

jack.petersons,
Top Bottom