Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I’ve been enjoying my Hercules so much that I forgot about my NibblerXL. So I got some glycerin (who recommended this? works great.) and rubbed a bit on the O-rings. The water tool went on and off pretty easily so far although I had a few drops of water come back out the first couple of times I pulled it off the Herc (lowered water level and took greater care). The nibbler definitely cooled down the hits nicely and flavor came through. I liked that it doesn’t add much to the overall length, maybe 1.5in. I also like that I get visual feedback on the vapor being produced.

DDtnCHd.jpg

The thing that bugs me most about it though is that it must be pretty close to vertical to work (bubble) and with the vertical mouth piece I find myself hunching over it to use it. Also not so thrilled that it doesn’t use standard fittings but still, overall, for me it seems to work well. I can even lay the whole Percules/NibblerXL assembly on its side without water leaking.

Today I decided to try getting my Percules working with my infamous bubbler. This is the result:

pW8HcVS.jpg

Both mouthpieces fit into the 18mm fitting on the infamous so I just keep the standard mouthpiece on the Herc. This setup worked fine too but I’m afraid that oil may leak out of the Herc mouthpiece by running it upside down. What do you think?

Hedo

I asked G about this a while back and he said that hitting the Herc upside down for very short increments of time should be fine but it will leak if you keep it upside down for too long while it's hot.

kindbeats,

vaporchaser420

I’ve been enjoying my Hercules so much that I forgot about my NibblerXL. So I got some glycerin (who recommended this? works great.) and rubbed a bit on the O-rings. The water tool went on and off pretty easily so far although I had a few drops of water come back out the first couple of times I pulled it off the Herc (lowered water level and took greater care). The nibbler definitely cooled down the hits nicely and flavor came through. I liked that it doesn’t add much to the overall length, maybe 1.5in. I also like that I get visual feedback on the vapor being produced.

DDtnCHd.jpg

The thing that bugs me most about it though is that it must be pretty close to vertical to work (bubble) and with the vertical mouth piece I find myself hunching over it to use it. Also not so thrilled that it doesn’t use standard fittings but still, overall, for me it seems to work well. I can even lay the whole Percules/NibblerXL assembly on its side without water leaking.

Today I decided to try getting my Percules working with my infamous bubbler. This is the result:

pW8HcVS.jpg

Both mouthpieces fit into the 18mm fitting on the infamous so I just keep the standard mouthpiece on the Herc. This setup worked fine too but I’m afraid that oil may leak out of the Herc mouthpiece by running it upside down. What do you think?

Hedo

I suggested to a fellow member who had a hard time getting the nibbler xl out and suggested using some pg or vg but he had already figured it out, which I'm sure many proud owners of the xl had figured out. glad it worked out for you though, I hated seeing those broken xl pics.

vaporchaser420,

OF

Not one of them is claiming a Grade and i doubt its grade 2 if they arent. Just because its Ti doesnt mean its good Ti. Lots of grades of Ti, but we all know Grade 2 is far superior when it comes to nails and in this type of applications.

Well not all of us. Some of us know that grades 1-4 are basically identical chemically (all are 'commercially pure'). Since they area identical for practical purposes and none contain any evil Vanadium I suggest they are identical in this use.

"Grades 1-4 are unalloyed and considered commercially pure or "CP". Generally the tensile and yield strength goes up with grade number for these "pure" grades. The difference in their physical properties is primarily due to the quantity of interstitial elements. They are used for corrosion resistance applications where cost, ease of fabrication, and welding are important"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_alloy

Once again, I strongly suspect that 'everyone' is using wire of this same material, nobody is using grade 5 due to it's higher cost and being harder to work. Is there any proof of any makers using grade 5 or any Ti containing Vanadium? Let alone 'everyone else'? Please check that last sentence in the quote above again, honest Injun I didn't write it.....

OF

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Probably much better sources than wikipedia, not bad for menial trivia, but hardly a respected establishment for exact truths. How do we prove that the info in the article is right? We need more proof to prove the prvious proof.

My wife is great at the if you can't show me proof, then you're wrong game.
Example:Can you prove that the house fairies didn't knock my hat down from the edge of the couch instead of air. How do you win that arguement with proof? Seriuosly, you can't.

If there is anything I can validate here it's this, OF will argue point/semantics, until you just want to stop coming to a forum. Be the bigger guy, just let G "lie", you don't have to believe it, and we don't need you to protect us from the Big Bad W9Tech. Go create another thread like has already been said before.

:peace:

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Well not all of us. Some of us know that grades 1-4 are basically identical chemically (all are 'commercially pure'). Since they area identical for practical purposes and none contain any evil Vanadium I suggest they are identical in this use.

"Grades 1-4 are unalloyed and considered commercially pure or "CP". Generally the tensile and yield strength goes up with grade number for these "pure" grades. The difference in their physical properties is primarily due to the quantity of interstitial elements. They are used for corrosion resistance applications where cost, ease of fabrication, and welding are important"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_alloy

Once again, I strongly suspect that 'everyone' is using wire of this same material, nobody is using grade 5 due to it's higher cost and being harder to work. Is there any proof of any makers using grade 5 or any Ti containing Vanadium? Let alone 'everyone else'? Please check that last sentence in the quote above again, honest Injun I didn't write it.....

OF

@OF grades 1 and 2 are easily available to the general public then grades 3 and 4 since they are harder to find and obtain. That is why grade 2 is used since it's the best that companies can get in large quantities.

As for your engineering skills please tell me what is in grade 5 that can conduct electricity and what is in grade 2 that can. If you can point that out ill eat my words.

In fact titanium is a bad conductor of electricity. But aluminum is a very good conductor. Guess what grade of Ti has aluminum?

I'll let you figure out the rest if you can. If you can't please wait to find out how we did the undoable. Honest injun or not I have yet to lie.

And the fact that I own a factory in china puts me in a position to talk to many engineers and I know the guys who are building the ti coils there. You know in china there's a forum with many engineers who like to ask for help from others. Don't believe me download QQ you can find out yourself.

If anyone needs to prove anything it's the guys who "manufacture" the stuff or I should say just brand. They need to prove to the end user that it's safe not me. I already have my proof.

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
TI retains heat well because it doesn't transfer it as well as say quartz. Quartz nails heat and cool quickly, but they also vape quicker because of the fast heat transfer. In fact they combust easier.

Ever dabbed a quartz nail and watched the oil flame. I have not seen that with TI yet, no saying it will not, just harder to happen.

There is a complete write up of that with measured data from testing from d-nail styles

OF

Probably much better sources than wikipedia, not bad for menial trivia, but hardly a respected establishment for exact truths. How do we prove that the info in the article is right? We need more proof to prove the prvious proof.

If there is anything I can validate here it's this, OF will argue point/semantics, until you just want to stop coming to a forum. Be the bigger guy, just let G "lie", you don't have to believe it, and we don't need you to protect us from the Big Bad W9Tech. Go create another thread like has already been said before.

:peace:

OK, fine, show me a source that conflicts. Be assured I didn't learn my Material Science from the web, I got it the old fashioned way. I just put some references up to back up my statements, something I don't see you or the other nay sayers doing? Show me wrong?

I won't back down because you don't like what I say and can't find any logical argument past 'go away and stop bothering folks'. I've said I believe it's totally appropriate to respond to such claims made here and pointed to the rules which call for makers to generally avoid such talk and to be '100% sure' before hand, an entirely different standard than you or I as regular Members.

There is no 'game' I'm playing, I'm expressing my honest opinion and the facts behind it. I've never met your wife and AFAIK have no relationship to her.

I'm happy to defend my views and believe what I'm saying is true. You might think G is lying, I don't. Just saying some misleading things. If you think I'm out of line, please report it rather than take personal shots?

TIA

@OF grades 1 and 2 are easily available to the general public then grades 3 and 4 since they are harder to find and obtain. That is why grade 2 is used since it's the best that companies can get in large quantities.

As for your engineering skills please tell me what is in grade 5 that can conduct electricity and what is in grade 2 that can. If you can point that out ill eat my words.

In fact titanium is a bad conductor of electricity. But aluminum is a very good conductor. Guess what grade of Ti has aluminum?

Cool. Are we agreed that it's likely grade 2 (not 5) that others are using? FWIW IIRC you have to vacuum smelt the Ti to get rid of included Oxygen to get to higher grades, which is indeed expensive. No need to pay for that if you don't need it (which we don't here I think).

It's not true to say Ti can't conduct electricity (I assume it's a typo above and that's what you meant to say?), like all metals it does fairly well. Or even bad without qualifying, it being very similar to other metals. The difference isn't really all that large, pure Ti is about three times higher in resistance than grade 5, but many materials commonly used for heater elements are higher. Like Stainless Steels. Nichrome, for instance, is a worse conductor and widely used as a heater? It calls, of course, for appropriate gauge and length of the wire used, but the fact is that if there was no resistance there'd be no heat.
http://www.ndt-ed.org/GeneralResources/MaterialProperties/ET/Conductivity_Ti.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_resistivity_and_conductivity

If I misread your question and you really did want to know why both grade 2 and grade 5 can conduct electricity the answer is 'because their valance (outer most) electrons can be easily moved from atom to atom'? Just like in other metals.

Anyway, those were the rules when I went to school. I've no reason to think they've changed?

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@OF i said TI is a bad conductor of electricity. Not it can't conduct electricity just very inefficient And using different gauges along with different wrap counts determines the resistance.

Aluminum conducts electricity a lot better but not as good as copper, using Ti with aluminum like in Grade 5 is a lot smarter then figuring out how to make grade 2 conduct electricity, but not in our case as we are the dumbest people to ever have taken this on. Just can't agree with "it can't be done" attitude no matter what situation.

The fact that your gonna have to realize the earth was flat for 1000's of years then all of a sudden it was round. You know sometimes great discoveries are made and we could have one now and educational books are re written.

So OF lets do an example and see what you answer.

Ti grade 2 coil wrapped at 2.0 ohms

Vs

Ti grade 5 coil wrapped at 2.0 ohms

Which gets hotter at 3.7v?

Last edited:

OF

@OF i said TI is a bad conductor of electricity. Not it can't conduct electricity just very inefficient And using different gauges along with different wrap counts determines the resistance.

Ti grade 2 coil wrapped at 2.0 ohms

Vs

Ti grade 5 coil wrapped at 2.0 ohms

Which gets hotter at 3.7v?

Like I said, I was confused so answered both ways. "what is in grade 5 that can conduct electricity and what is in grade 2 that can" makes no sense, unless you think pure Ti doesn't conduct? But that makes no sense since that's what you're using to conduct in KISS????? IMO either alloy can be made to work, could be wrong there of course, but I don't understand how or why.

Good, we agree that changes in materials call for different gauges and 'wrap counts' (actually length) to get the desired total resistance....which is why I think both grade 2 or 5 will work. As will Nichrome (which conducts less) or pure Nickle (which conducts more). Nichrome just calls for shorter, thicker wire, Nickle longer and thinner with Ti in between. It's all about getting Watts into the load.

To take your test:

Neither gets hotter (to a first order), since both pass the same current (1.85 Amps) and therefore develop the same power (6.8 Watts). Absent differences in thermal emissivity (losses due to IR) which I think are about the same (given the surfaces are nearly identical) I doubt you can measure a difference in temperature?

What do I win?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Like I said, I was confused so answered both ways. "what is in grade 5 that can conduct electricity and what is in grade 2 that can" makes no sense, unless you think pure Ti doesn't conduct? But that makes no sense since that's what you're using to conduct in KISS????? IMO either alloy can be made to work, could be wrong there of course, but I don't understand how or why.

Good, we agree that changes in materials call for different gauges and 'wrap counts' (actually length) to get the desired total resistance....which is why I think both grade 2 or 5 will work. As will Nichrome (which conducts less) or pure Nickle (which conducts more). Nichrome just calls for shorter, thicker wire, Nickle longer and thinner with Ti in between. It's all about getting Watts into the load.

To take your test:

Neither gets hotter (to a first order), since both pass the same current (1.85 Amps) and therefore develop the same power (6.8 Watts). Absent differences in thermal emissivity (losses due to IR) which I think are about the same (given the surfaces are nearly identical) I doubt you can measure a difference in temperature?

What do I win?

OF

Ok I'm going to hold you to this. All that's left is for you to verify what others are using and what we will disclose in a week or two.

Remember my evidence shows others are using grade 5 that has aluminum and vanadium.

OF

Ok I'm going to hold you to this. All that's left is for you to verify what others are using and what we will disclose in a week or two.

Remember my evidence shows others are using grade 5 that has aluminum and vanadium.

As always, I'm cool with 'being held to' what I say, but I'm under no obligation to prove (or verify) what anyone is using. I'm making no claims my product is superior, I'm simply repeating what they claim and what I know about the science involved (all subject to correction of course).

If you have evidence that 'everyone else' is using grade 5 (the original point I think?)) I'd be most interested in seeing it. Just because it makes no sense to me why someone would use a more expensive, harder to get and work with material doesn't mean it's not happening. Lots that goes on makes no sense to me.

Thanks, looking forward to the upcoming disclosures.

Don't worry it will mellow again. I think THC SCIENTIFIC is enjoying himself lol.

Me too.

OF

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Anybody check the odds in Las Vegas?

@ataxian , what the heck do you mean no pictures required, huh? Is this the Ataxian we know and love?

Last edited:
PhotoRider,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Anybody check the odds in Las Vegas?

@ataxian , what the heck do you mean no pictures required, huh? Is this the Ataxian we know and love?
With all the debating between "OF" & "G" I'm afraid my photo's are mute in comparison.

I have so much SHATTER and FLOWERS I'm re-living the 70's with BLACK LIGHT POSTERS.
Yes it's medical.

That my story anyway!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
As always, I'm cool with 'being held to' what I say, but I'm under no obligation to prove (or verify) what anyone is using. I'm making no claims my product is superior, I'm simply repeating what they claim and what I know about the science involved (all subject to correction of course).

If you have evidence that 'everyone else' is using grade 5 (the original point I think?)) I'd be most interested in seeing it. Just because it makes no sense to me why someone would use a more expensive, harder to get and work with material doesn't mean it's not happening. Lots that goes on makes no sense to me.

Thanks, looking forward to the upcoming disclosures.

Me too.

OF

@OF

Sorry OF I have my proof.

Currently the Only Grade 2 Ti capable vape out there is the Omicron with HVD Tops, the Persei, TET's older units, some mods that can handle it but i cant think of any but no ego's. Because of the high current required to run A GRADE 2 Ti. This should tell you what currents are needed to run the coils.

Proof enough?

Last edited:
THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Just loaded up some pure gold into a 1.5 cart. What the fuck was I thinking? Shit sucks... should of went into the Hercules.

The first mistake I made was loading a cart with PURE GOLD.
I take a safer route these days. A HERCULES or a K.I.S.S. cart would be my second choice for PG.
SHATTER is my FAVORITE concentrate at present!

kevin

Hi G
Holy shit, I got an e-mail that my Core has shipped!! Funny thing is its shipping from FL.?? Just woundering how the KISS carts I called in and added to my Core order is getting here, are they shipping from FL.? I can't find my KISS order anywhere in my order history.
Thanks
Kevin

kevin,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

DDtnCHd.jpg

pW8HcVS.jpg

Hedo
The NIBBLER I wish I had!
Hi G
Holy shit, I got an e-mail that my Core has shipped!! Funny thing is its shipping from FL.?? Just woundering how the KISS carts I called in and added to my Core order is getting here, are they shipping from FL.? I can't find my KISS order anywhere in my order history.
Thanks
Kevin
The K.IS.S. is so easy to use!
Such a no brainer.
I love this attachment!

ataxian,
Top Bottom