Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

poonman

Thanks to ataxian. PHOTOBUCKET it is!

I just noticed - the white mouthpieces that come with cartridges fit very well over the NO2 tube (you must remove the NO2 mouthpiece first), then put the white mouthpiece on and plug the NO2 tube into the cart.

And Voila...(I know this doesn't apply or appeal to most, but you never know what someone else might find useful, so I put it up here just in case).

Why didn't I think of this .:doh:
Thanx tsc.v8

exit

Does it not work with the normal NO2 mouthpiece?
If I didn't give my NO2 away to a friend I would be doing this right now!
I'm gonna dig through the NO2 thread and find what kind of tubing it uses, buy myself some more of that tubing.

exit,
Reactions: tsc.v8

poonman

Does it not work with the normal NO2 mouthpiece?
If I didn't give my NO2 away to a friend I would be doing this right now!
I'm gonna dig through the NO2 thread and find what kind of tubing it uses, buy myself some more of that tubing.

Yes it does work with the NO2 mouthpieces .
But it's made of some cheap plastic material , and it will compromise the taste . imo
Maybe you can buy some tubing at your LHS , that sells the NO2 .

BTW , aren't you the one that likes to nibble on the Omi-tip ?
You won't be able with the NO2 tip .;)

exit

Yup, that was me :D :lol:
I like the Omi-tip a lot more but when you said that I remembered the NO2 tip does have a little bit of a taste to it.

Vitolo

Vaporist
the originals had bad connectors and sleeves, those needed to be changed out, but if you did that already you should be in the clear?
The problem you speak of only appears if you try to unscrew the "Herc" too soon after a vape.
If it cools down, it will not separate.
I also am unsure of any problem with the Hercules 3.7
I had mine since the start and it still works great.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
The problem you speak of only appears if you try to unscrew the "Herc" too soon after a vape.
If it cools down, it will not separate.
I also am unsure of any problem with the Hercules 3.7
I had mine since the start and it still works great.

i'm talking about the wiring coming out and shorting out. i am pretty sure we got ours at the same time, or you might have been a little after. mine had the base electrical connector short and melt and fall out. others had the same prob., but it might have been on the 7.4 for them. i can show pics of early model base connector vs. current as i have the newer one with my sr-71 proto and it's not even the same type of plastic

tsc.v8

Hmmm.. Everybody attaching different things to their Persei...

WP_20130720_0141.jpg

Glass on glass on glass! (Arguably I could use a glass fritter screen, but I've never really noticed the difference... I do know that I appreciate the lack of silicon hose taste that is needed with my EQ - the Bender flavor just rolls in white milky waves!

I am amazed by the above setup! If I had the money...

Also, thanks for the appreciation - having someone post an image "inspired by tsc.v8" was a kick!

I am curious if anyone can tell me if the sr-71 is an oil and herb chamber like the previous Hercules. Or is this just oils specific. Thanks

Happyendin21,

OF

I am curious if anyone can tell me if the sr-71 is an oil and herb chamber like the previous Hercules. Or is this just oils specific. Thanks

I think that's an open question. Last I heard Bob was going to try some experiments based on some promising results G got?

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i am. i have been slacking. my sub has been distracting
and i have a boat float tomorrow so i won't be focusing on it then either.
i want to shoot video of my experiments so you all can see for yourselfs.
i did get it to work with herb, just not room for much.
i just got my coil cut to correct size.
good news there. by cutting 1/3 off the coil it meets up with the hammer tip exactly, giving more heat and room for the herb. also, the small remainder CAN barely be used around the hammer rod's base

then if you unscrew the screen holder so the tank can poke out a bit, you can fit a topless tank just barely inbetween. i promise to stay clear headed enough monday morning to give this all due attention.
really sorry for the slacking

Got it.
I must have missed that issue entirely.
Maybe I'm having too much fun over here~

no sweat, my man. i think it happened less w/ the lower volt versions so you have been in the clear. my guy had it on his IRIS and that may have contributed.

EDiT - just did a quick load b4 dinner. quicker heat up time than the bender. same tight window of combustion, once it's hot. stop hammering the button... pulse gently while continually sucking.
if ur lucky enough to have an IRIS you can drop voltage to 6v after initial heatup. seemed to do the job perfect.
promise to report back soon

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Bob when you get a chance add some oil then the screen then some herb, I'm thinking the oil will buffer the heat a bit so it's almost instantaneous vapor then herbs kick in.

tsc.v8

I found myself frustrated for a while with the following problem:

I was getting good hits with two carts, then almost nothing for a while (with plenty in the carts), then the carts would work again later. It turns out that it should have been obvious and it was my fault, not a problem with the Persei.

While medicating I got sloppy (I'm brand new to concentrates) and put carts down horizontally to cool. Once I used my torch to thoroughly heat the cartridges and let them cool vertically (as intended) I got nice, dense hits again.

Live and learn! :doh:

I wonder if anyone else would like to post an image of their best torch? (This is my only torch, and it's nothing fancy. Seems to get the job done though).

BenzomaticMiniTorch_zps6775c2d2.jpg

I just realized that this isn't really related to the Persei, per se, so I apologize.

tsc.v8,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Bob when you get a chance add some oil then the screen then some herb, I'm thinking the oil will buffer the heat a bit so it's almost instantaneous vapor then herbs kick in.

wow, it is actually...
maybe even a little too much. i can def. taste the flower, but the oil is kickin' stronger. i think it'll take longer to vape the herb due to the oil, but well done. 'tween my sub and herc i can take oil and herb hits all day home or out. gotta take this on the water tomorrow....

this is amazing, i can't wait 'til the rest of you get try this out.
that herb on top does buffer the heat and increase vapor production of the oil and then, yes herb starts getting roasted and just gently. you aren't gonna get dark dark brown abv, but you will get nice and toasted deep brown. honestly the oil production and density went up so fast that i had a hard time holding down the button long enough to get the heat to the herb. i actually had to pull out the nibbler to deal w/ it. then, whoooweeeee. well done, my man

OF

i am. i have been slacking. my sub has been distracting
and i have a boat float tomorrow so i won't be focusing on it then either.
i want to shoot video of my experiments so you all can see for yourselfs.
i did get it to work with herb, just not room for much.
i just got my coil cut to correct size.

promise to report back soon

No problem Bob, but I hope you understand our docking your pay until you complete the assignment?

that herb on top does buffer the heat and increase vapor production of the oil and then, yes herb starts getting roasted and just gently. you aren't gonna get dark dark brown abv, but you will get nice and toasted deep brown.

This too is great news, but not for all of us. Let's remember for many oil is just not a realistic thing to need to vape the bud they have with. Many are happy to use the oil straight....if they could only get it.

For them, Bender might be a better call?

What's the old joke about the Sargent telling the recruits at bayonet practice, 'now if your blade gets stuck in a bone or something, brace your enemy with your foot and yank back hard, if that fails, fire your weapon the recoil will kick it free' only to have a bumkin answer 'Gee, Sarge, if I got bullets left I'm sure not using this silly little knife...'.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I wonder if anyone else would like to post an image of their best torch? (This is my only torch, and it's nothing fancy. Seems to get the job done though).

I store my carts vertically for that same reason.
When I stored them on their sides I had to torch them to clear clogs. (user error)

I still have my same lighter torch I started with. ($25)
Your don't need this one however I like it and it never fails me.
I will have to pick up the one you have as well.
Now "OF" recommended a cheaper Torch I bought and it does work super well and it was a 1/4 of the price.

However I might be a bit excessive?

This is a photo of my old quiver which has expanded since.

Photorider has a much larger quiver than I.
Bob I believe as the most complete quiver!
Bob Loblaw started the quiver obsession.
Blame BOB!
OLD QUIVER:

current quiver
"OF" TORCH
TORCH JUICE

Darb

wow, it is actually...
maybe even a little too much. i can def. taste the flower, but the oil is kickin' stronger. i think it'll take longer to vape the herb due to the oil, but well done. 'tween my sub and herc i can take oil and herb hits all day home or out. gotta take this on the water tomorrow....

that herb on top does buffer the heat and increase vapor production of the oil and then, yes herb starts getting roasted and just gently. you aren't gonna get dark dark brown abv, but you will get nice and toasted deep brown. honestly the oil production and density went up so fast that i had a hard time holding down the button long enough to get the heat to the herb. i actually had to pull out the nibbler to deal w/ it. then, whoooweeeee. well done, my man

I can't wait for this. I've been loving the monster oil/herb hits from the Sub. Wll be great to have that ability with a portable.

Darb,

poonman

When I stored them on their sides I had to torch them to clear clogs. (user error)

current quiver
"OF" TORCH
TORCH JUICE

Hey ataxian ,
So I take it , you find that butane brand to be the best ?
Especially for producing your own budda/wax ?

tia

poonman,

tsc.v8

I still have my same lighter torch I started with. ($25)
Your don't need this one however I like it and it never fails me.
I will have to pick up the one you have as well.
Now "OF" recommended a cheaper Torch I bought and it does work super well and it was a 1/4 of the price.

Hah - I'm jealous because I ordered the one on the left over a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. I like the look of the the one on the right, too.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
No problem Bob, but I hope you understand our docking your pay until you complete the assignment?

lol, what's to dock?

This too is great news, but not for all of us. Let's remember for many oil is just not a realistic thing to need to vape the bud they have with. Many are happy to use the oil straight....if they could only get it.

For them, Bender might be a better call?

OF

i will do more experiments on monday to let you know. right now i'd say that the
SR-71 sans oil (Herb ONLY) performs very similar to a bender.
(long heat up, small window of combustion, best used with IRIS or good button control)

SR-71 Pros: Durability, Variability (oil also), cand do both simultaneous (less chance of combustion)
Cons: Size of Load (Small - .15), Taste of Flower doesn't match Bender

Bender Pros: Taste, Size of Load (Large - .5)
Cons: Less Durable, Flower only

anyway, that's my take on it for now. getting ready for the water

exit

I had a couple Blazer torches but had to return them because they developed butane leaks. Also they were nice but the flame size on it was really tiny. Really for precision work like jewelry or something.

I replaced the blazer with this and it's been wonderful. The nice thing about the Blazer is it stored like a half can of butane and used it very efficiently but even though this thing has a smaller tank I find it lasts for a pretty good amount of time and the flame is MASSIVE...

Pro+Torch+with+Fuel+Gauge.jpg

I use any butane I can find that is 5x refined or better. I can't notice the differences between brands.

Edit: This is the BONJOUR brand torch. As far as I know its a rebranded Vector torch.

Top Bottom