Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
good to see ya over here mvapes
the SR-71 excels at shatter i would say sap to shatter probably works, i've used wax to shatter, all w/ good results. i don't know about the PG or sap personally, (gotta try this vaping method for thc sci first) but i will report back on the sap. (no PG where i live really, and couldn't justify buying it if it was)
hope that helps!

Bob - it's for science! We need to this for our people....

Wohoo.jpg

tsc.v8

they are saying the same thing i am,
by "filter" i mean absorb. like carbon filters.
they absorb the gross stuff. you asked does it remove.

i am saying that reclaim is removed, but not permanently
smoking is removed and for most people permanently as no one smokes bong resin
people do smoke and eat reclaim.

in this aspect, the use of the nibbler, just soak and evap, like i said, and all your "removed" oil is "reclaimed"

Okay. I think I understand, but I'm obviously still missing something here.

The web page I linked to earlier clearly says: ...waterpipes filter out proportionately more psychoactive THC than they do other tars, thereby requiring users to smoke more to reach their desired high.

So then how do you recover the THC from the water used, in your Nibbler, for example? Is that what you do? I'm not trying to hassle you, I just don't know a lot because I'm a beginner (which is probably obvious). I think I understand about the reclaim and smoking/vaping with/without water filtration. It's reclaiming from the water that I'm wondering about. Don't tell me you let it evaporate, then scrape up the good stuff! That would be too easy! :p

tsc.v8,

OF

The web page I linked to earlier clearly says: ...waterpipes filter out proportionately more psychoactive THC than they do other tars, thereby requiring users to smoke more to reach their desired high.

I'd listen to Bob, he might be scary and all, but he knows of what he speaks.

You're reading stuff involving smoking, not vaping, and trying to carry stuff over.....that doesn't always work. Without the junk in the water from combustion there's not much to hold THC. What little might get caught is likely to escape again on the next hit, unlike if it's absorbed into some random hydrocarbon (like with blazing).

"Bong water" and what's in my bubbler are night and day different. As is the deposit left behind on the surface of the glass. The condensate from vaping is basically exactly what's in the vapor we're after....not so with blazing. "Wand hash" can be very nice indeed, since it's basically refined cannabis components.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
this is for bongs, not oil rigs, they are using filter incorrectly here. this is bong resin as there are little to no tars in reclaim.
So then how do you recover the THC from the water used, in your Nibbler, for example? Is that what you do? I'm not trying to hassle you, I just don't know a lot because I'm a beginner (which is probably obvious). I think I understand about the reclaim and smoking/vaping with/without water filtration. It's reclaiming from the water that I'm wondering about. Don't tell me you let it evaporate, then scrape up the good stuff! That would be too easy! :p
pretty much, heat and vacuum increase cleanliness from solvent.
i'd do some research over in reclaim and concentrate threads

tsc.v8

this is for bongs, not oil rigs, they are using filter incorrectly here. this is bong resin as there are little to no tars in reclaim.

pretty much, heat and vacuum increase cleanliness from solvent.
i'd do some research over in reclaim and concentrate threads

Just a couple of respectful questions, fellas. Settle down. :peace:

Now that I know you do reclaim from the water, this issue is moot as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for answering my questions, Bob.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Just a couple of respectful questions, fellas. Settle down. :peace:

Now that I know you do reclaim from the water, this issue is moot as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for answering my questions, Bob.

no, no you'd soak the nibbler in iso, eth, etc. then evap w/ heat and vacuum. it looks yellowish-orange snot and builds up on the walls. is mostly concentrated thc if a bit degraded in quality. just like the resin in a bong, however it is still usable as it doesn't have the other crap in it. check my youtube page, go look at my dirty rico deeds videos to see dirty pieces. i filled them with 90% iso until the iso is yellow and the piece is clean, sometimes agitate a bit. then when the iso seems really saturated i'll boil it off one way or another and put it under vacuum to remove trace iso. the same stuff is in your smoked bong resin, only it's mixed with the rest of that crap. hope i'm being clear enough

Am I the only person that loves the fact that it is called "The Nibbler"? :smug:

Nibbler.dalmation.png

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
No expert here, just wondering... If the wax still has plant waxes doesn't some of the reclaim have much of that also?

I have noticed on some wax reclaim, if I dissolve with eth (not ISO) and re-filter with a coffee filter, a bunch of white waxy stuff is left behind. Sometimes its very clean. ISO is not organic so it filters different I believe (what I read).

Also the fret disks/honeycombs etc seems to leave much more behind.

Concerning Globlaw - after that DR video I am not letting near my wax. Boy he is a major vaporoono. Lungs of a Kodiak Bear :D

Oh completely off topic on the Persei.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yes you do get waxes, but i figured going into winterization was taking it a step too far for the uninitiated. you can do that straight with any wax (usually a dirty batch) to clean it up into absolute shatter
and yes the more diffused the perc the more 'claim. you can use a few drops of Rezblock or NACE (check appropriate thread) to limit reclaim, however the nibbler is a little too small to use that with.
my DG perc got it the worst as it has the most diffustion. Dirty Rico, then Mobius, then SYN for my personal collections.
blushes to the compliments. just nice to be respected, but the admiration is a bonus.
know that it is mutual fellas

oh, and photorider, don't worry. i always bring my own and plenty to share. least i can do for test driving ur rigs ;)

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Bob - no worries 100% ribbing
BTW - I firmly believe Dirty Rico was inspired by Bob to use the name "DIRTY" for their awesome line or perhaps it could be their name is really Dirty Rico :D

tsc.v8

I said everything I could to show Bob respect, while not knowing him at all. In my circle of friends it is possible to debate something without anyone seeing it as a personal challenge or attack, on either side. I'm sorry this went differently.

tsc.v8

It can be difficult to know for sure with text only, sometimes. I'm glad all feathers remain in an unruffled state.

tsc.v8,
Reactions: ataxian

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
No nibbler for me...(sorry).

Non-related question: I'm still trying to decide whether I need an SR-71. I've been looking through the forums, watching you-tube videos, etc. The THC Scientific guy in the official video says something like "The Hercules SR-71. Why do you need one? I don't know!" I just thought that was amusing, because I'm having the same problem. Here are the positives I'm aware of:

1. High grade materials
2. Insulator/heat shield
3. Ceramic core that heats more evenly
4. Interchangeable cartridges
5. Different air hole design
6. Handles water-extracted oils well

If anyone would like to chime in with a positive or even negative comment about the SR-71, I would enjoy the input before making my decision!

The highest positive of Herc SR, for me, is that it is, essentially, not disposable, where the Omicron cartridges are. The function of the Omi-carts, as far as I can tell, depends on a wick that will eventually run out, heat wires that can be easily fried with misuse, along with the condition of your oils.

New users, careful though they may be, are likely to ruin Omi-carts off the bat by overheating during a fill, putting the wrong consistency concentrate, putting too much or too little concentrate, priming incorrectly, dry-burning ("pre-oxidizing"), drawing too hard or too little, overheating by the button, the list goes on. In short, it's a lot of conditions for someone new to the product line to keep track of.

Let's say it takes an average new user 3-8 cartridges to overcome the learning curve in filling and usage. Buying them individually they'd spend about as much on 8 carts as they would on the Herc SR. The 8 Omi-carts will probably have a shorter life span than Herc SR (unless you're Vitolo), won't be able to handle such a broad range of concentrate, will hold hostage .2 of your concentrate just as a "lubricant", and can fall victim to any of the above conditions. For new users there is a lot that can go wrong from the get go, I mean, you can ruin your cart from filling it wrong, never mind the further trial and error of actually getting to use it.

The Herc SR seems to address most of this. Given you assemble it correctly and use it at proper volt, you won't have problems filling, overfilling, overheating, and you won't have to start over with a fresh cart every time you do something wrong. It's the prepping process that has made the full function of the Omi-carts inaccessible for some, and it is the prepping process that the Herc SR sidesteps. The bulk of the learning comes from how you draw from it and how you heat it with the button, and IMO that simplicity is far more valuable in the $120 Herc when you consider the time, frustration, and oil you'll be saving yourself.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I said everything I could to show Bob respect, while not knowing him at all. In my circle of friends it is possible to debate something without anyone seeing it as a personal challenge or attack, on either side. I'm sorry this went differently.
it didn't. no challenge or attack perceived. i believe they were just trying to let you know that i wasn't gonna lead you astray, not that your doubt was an attack. no stress and/ or disrespect taken
It can be difficult to know for sure with text only, sometimes. I'm glad all feathers remain in an unruffled state.
smooth as silk over here buddy. :) glad you kept asking 'til you understood. walkin' away still confused would make me more upset than challenging my statements, any day of the week.

tsc.v8

Is the Iris V2 in production yet? I haven't seen anything about it for a while. Projected price? Unlike the Nibbler, the Iris is definitely an accessory I plan to purchase.

tsc.v8,
Top Bottom