Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

friedbanana8

Okay, so I gather the SR-71 "hits harder" than a standard cart. All I need to know now is what the price is going to be without the discount, since I don't have the cash for it yet. Here's an item for debate: does water cooling really remove some of the THC, CBN, etc.? I can't afford to waste oil.

some is going to get left behind in your glass, but can be recovered with alcohol and heating

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hmm I hope I can explain this on a iPhone after a wedding where people thought whiskey has the same as hydration properties as water.

Ok so here it goes.

Thc is soluble in water at a rate of .00028% per ml or some super small number(I don't have my notes in front of me). I hope I'm getting that right. All though water is considered a solvent it is not the type of solvent lets say alcohol or butane is where absorption rate is much much much much higher ( pun intended ).

Now when vaping thc you are not altering the molecular structure for water to absorb it. My theory and it will be proven is when combustion is present the thc molecular structure is some how changed, this could explain the fact that why water absorbs thc when smoking.

But hey I could always be wrong since I'm a high school drop out.

Much love. Night friends

OF

Thc is soluble in water at a rate of .00028% per ml or some super small number(I don't have my notes in front of me). I hope I'm getting that right. All though water is considered a solvent it is not the type of solvent lets say alcohol or butane is where absorption rate is much much much much higher ( pun intended ).

This matches my understanding as well. In bongs (blazing) the THC bonds to hydrocarbon junk in the water, much like it does to fat when we make eatables out of it. Since at a certain level, such eatable fats are also "hydrocarbon junk" this part makes sense to my little mind. The voices agree, FWIW.

Anybody up for eating some freeze dried bong water? I bet it won't catch on.....

Other stuff (like the parts that bring flavor) do get caught to some larger extent, but if the discussion is trapping THC water won't do it. In research they use Methanol (not water) to trap THC in vapor streams so they can collect data.

This is why the buildup on the walls of glass happens, it won't dissolve so we get a 'bath tub ring' of sorts. Put some alcohol (or other solvent) in and those buildups dissolve like right now.

Clearly more research needs to be done, any volunteers?

OF

poonman

Anybody up for eating some freeze dried bong water?

How about we make ice cubes with the bong water ?
Put it in our drinks/sodas , and add a little kick to your Sprite .

Every time I empty out my bong , it always smells like steeped tea .
Would it be bad if I used the same bong water to make Real tea/coffee with ? ( maybe taste wise )

And why do I seem to get higher water vaping then ?

OF

Anybody up for eating some freeze dried bong water?

How about we make ice cubes with the bong water ?
Put it in our drinks/sodas , and add a little kick to your Sprite .

And why do I seem to get higher water vaping then ?

I don't think you could get junkies to drink bong water on a bet. Bubblers are one thing, but concentrating the products of combustion then putting them in your mouth is an instant comment on how smart breathing that same combustion junk really is......

If we want to reclaim the good stuff from vapes of all stripes we need to dissolve it somehow. Solvents you evaporate off (like ISO, CO2, Butane and so on) are one way, solvents you can also drink like Ethanol and absorbing it (like making hot chocolate) are also options. But you have to 'wash it off the glass' somehow to start with.....it's not dissolved in the water. Which is how we got here?

OF

dankity3

I didnt see a price for the nibbler xl. Anyone know? I'd like to say count me in too, but I wouldn't feel comfortable until I know around how much I might be paying. thanks!

dankity3,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Bob - it's for science! We need to this for our people....

Wohoo.jpg
I'm all about SCIENCE!

BENDING THE RULES!
0.5 grams GREEN CRACK
Final setup with the HAMMER:
GLASS SCREEN works well!
No Way can I do 0.5 grams in one session!
This may take 4?
PURE OPULENCE!
MAJOR COUCH LOCK OVER MEDICATED GLUTEN FREE 60% CHOCOLATE WAKE UP!

Washed down with TALL GLASS of ALMOND MILK with liquid COQ10.
CANNABIS the HEALTHY HUMAN WAY!

exit

Hey can anyone tell me what a 5.0 at 6 Volts is like?
I mean, I could wait and see for myself, but I wanna know if anyone does it any likes it!

If 2.4 ohm @ 3.7V is 5.75 watts
and 5 ohm @ 7.3V is 11.1 watts
and 5 ohm @ 6V is 7.5 watts

I assume it should be a little easier to manage than a 2.4 at 6V or a 5 ohm @ 7.3V, should be nice!
I have some BLONDE CRUMBLE for these carts!

======

Be careful running 2.4 ohms at high voltages!
I got too medicated and forgot my Persei wasn't at 3.7V and caused a big leak :lol:

exit,
Reactions: tsc.v8

tsc.v8

Hey can anyone tell me what a 5.0 at 6 Volts is like?
I mean, I could wait and see for myself, but I wanna know if anyone does it any likes it!

If 2.4 ohm @ 3.7V is 5.75 watts
and 5 ohm @ 7.3V is 11.1 watts
and 5 ohm @ 6V is 7.5 watts

I assume it should be a little easier to manage than a 2.4 at 6V or a 5 ohm @ 7.3V, should be nice!
I have some BLONDE CRUMBLE for these carts!

======

Be careful running 2.4 ohms at high voltages!
I got too medicated and forgot my Persei wasn't at 3.7V and caused a big leak :lol:

I was thinking about trying a 4 ohm cart @ 6V, but the guy at Delta9 told me that would just deliver the same amount of power as a 5 ohm cart @ 7.3V, although your chart, if I'm not mistaken, seems to indicate that he was wrong.

tsc.v8,

exit

The difference between a 4 OHM at 6V and a 5 OHM at 7.3V is less than 2 watts. Its not exactly the same but so close the difference is probably negligible.

exit,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I was thinking about trying a 4 ohm cart @ 6V, but the guy at Delta9 told me that would just deliver the same amount of power as a 5 ohm cart @ 7.3V - I'm curious about your idea, though.
5.0 @ 7.4 is pretty nice.
I haven't tried 4.0 carts because I have so many 2.4 carts.
However I will try some at 6.0 V since I have the batteries to do so.
The 2.4 carts taste so awesome to me I quit searching for the cloud and hunt for flavor.
Plus the PERSEI does FLOWERS with the BENDER.
Now the BENDER is more of a Connoisseur device like a decanter from BACCARAT.
It's not a necessity more of a luxury item.
BLONDE CRUMBLE with a 2.4 fitted with a 18650 does work fine.
Having said that I like a SHORTY with a 3.0 CR123 or a 18350 3.7.

It's not a very good photo however there are many variations.
You have to just try different setups and see what you like best.
We all have different needs.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys I asked bob to try something and it seems like its working, but we may have by accident created the first single device that does oils and herbs with a minor addition of a screen.

Not only is it an herb vaporizer but it's a convection vaporizer.

Your Sr -71 is actually a convection herbal vaporizer and a oil vaporizer. Who would have thought one device that can do both.

Engineering at it best i say.

Bob will explain when he's done, it seems like he's happy with the way it vapes herbs.

friedbanana8

Guys I asked bob to try something and it seems like its working, but we may have by accident created the first single device that does oils and herbs with a minor addition of a screen.

Your Sr -71 is actually a convection herbal vaporizer and a oil vaporizer. Who would have thought one device that can do both.

Engineering at it best i say.

Bob will explain when he's done, it seems like he's happy with the way it vapes herbs.

just to be clear. are you saying that it can vape herb and oil at the same time? or will there be combustion like before?

friedbanana8,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
just to be clear. are you saying that it can vape herb and oil at the same time? or will there be combustion like before?

Looking at the design it seems to be either or but not both. I don't think you could fit a load of herb along with an Oil Coil / Tank, unless we're talking about that small space at the base of the Hammer. Even then, they're saying they need a screen and I'm thinking they're putting it over the Hammer so herb isn't touching it directly, which would give us convection with airflow.

THC is Bob using a metal screen? I pitched an idea for a thin glass cap to fit over the Hammer for a Bender-like experience, maybe you can even make a small glass insertion to fit where the Oil Coil would. Definitely think that'd score you points in the taste region.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Well theoretically it can do both at the same time, Bob has to confirm it, as the oil and herb chambers are separated.

Looking at the design it seems to be either or but not both. I don't think you could fit a load of herb along with an Oil Coil / Tank, unless we're talking about that small space at the base of the Hammer. Even then, they're saying they need a screen and I'm thinking they're putting it over the Hammer so herb isn't touching it directly, which would give us convection with airflow.

THC is Bob using a metal screen? I pitched an idea for a thin glass cap to fit over the Hammer for a Bender-like experience, maybe you can even make a small glass insertion to fit where the Oil Coil would. Definitely think that'd score you points in the taste region.

We here is what we asked bob to do.

We told him to insert the oil coil, and on top of the coil insert a flat stainless steel screen to separate the ceramic rod from the herbs.

What this means is, your oil will be sitting below the stainless steel screen and your herbs sitting above it. So your oil will get vaporized and then your herbs, as it takes less time to vaporize the oils, and once it builds up the heat to use convection it will essentially vaporized all your oil off and then start on your herbs.

Bob has to confirm but im guessing its gonna be sweet that it can be done.

I guess we have accidentally created the vaporizer that can do both not at different times, but at the same time.

Who would have thought the Hercules Sr-71 is going to be the ONE.

From what Bob said the herbs where evenly cooked, the current size of the oil coil will not allow a lot to be inserted but we did ask him to cut down the oil coil just enough to cover the ceramic heating rod, I guess it all depends on bob to confirm if its worth while exploring.

Darb

That's a nice feature. I enjoy herb with concentrate hits in the Sublimator. Awesome that its doable in a portable as well.

Darb,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
That's a nice feature. I enjoy herb with concentrate hits in the Sublimator. Awesome that its doable in a portable as well.

I know specially if it can be done together, this means :ko: hits from start to finish, you get the oil taste and then the herbs hit ya, my mouth is watering as we speak. I gotta try this out now when i go to the office on monday.

TommydCat

Question about the various ohm cartridges -- is the difference between, say the 2.4ohm and the 5.0ohm in the gauge of nichrome wire or length (and turns)?

Currently investigating the flow of some delicious locally grown and processed Whitedawg honeycomb wax in a fresh 5.0ohm cartridge running on some slightly discharged CR-123As at ~6v and must say, there is some amazing flavor here, a wall of flavor rather than a (not bad tasting at all) cloud I get at 7.2v, and just a bit stronger flavor than I get in a 2.4ohm cartridge.

Could there be something to this? I really want to drop the voltage just a bit more to see if it's a flavor/cloud knob, but alas, I must wait for the Iris 2.0 to further my scientific investigation :science: I'm stymied by lack of research tools!

It's not about cloud-chasing for me anymore (but I can still stare at ambers dropping on the christmas tree and down the 1/4 mile track with my finger on an on/off accelerator connected to a beautiful American V12 with tank tracks for grip), as I know there's plenty there as long as you're aware. Perhaps this dragster can be taught what to do when the road turns?

We're out on the perimeter of technology intersecting multiple disciplines at once.
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars.
Out here we IS stoned
Immaculate.

tsc.v8

That reminds me - if anyone knows the projected release date and/or price of the Iris 2, I would love to know. Not that the Hercules won't be enough for a while, but ever since I saw the product "Provari" I have wanted something like Iris 2.

tsc.v8,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
That reminds me - if anyone knows the projected release date and/or price of the Iris 2, I would love to know. Not that the Hercules won't be enough for a while, but ever since I saw the product "Provari" I have wanted something like Iris 2.

Question about the various ohm cartridges -- is the difference between, say the 2.4ohm and the 5.0ohm in the gauge of nichrome wire or length (and turns)?

Currently investigating the flow of some delicious locally grown and processed Whitedawg honeycomb wax in a fresh 5.0ohm cartridge running on some slightly discharged CR-123As at ~6v and must say, there is some amazing flavor here, a wall of flavor rather than a (not bad tasting at all) cloud I get at 7.2v, and just a bit stronger flavor than I get in a 2.4ohm cartridge.

Could there be something to this? I really want to drop the voltage just a bit more to see if it's a flavor/cloud knob, but alas, I must wait for the Iris 2.0 to further my scientific investigation :science: I'm stymied by lack of research tools!

It's not about cloud-chasing for me anymore (but I can still stare at ambers dropping on the christmas tree and down the 1/4 mile track with my finger on an on/off accelerator connected to a beautiful American V12 with tank tracks for grip), as I know there's plenty there as long as you're aware. Perhaps this dragster can be taught what to do when the road turns?

We're out on the perimeter of technology intersecting multiple disciplines at once.
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars.
Out here we IS stoned
Immaculate.

Believe me guys we are waiting for the Iris v2's to be done as well, but it is an issue we are trying to over come and it needs time to perfect it.

On a side note i realized since the oil coils we are going to see if 3.7v does the trick on vaporizing oils.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: tsc.v8
Top Bottom