Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

tharealmclovin

Why not make a mod for the current nibbler like bob did?

I mean I wanna nibble but I don't want 2. I also think I need a functioning herc in my hands before I consider an attachment for it.

That's like buying a playstation 4 controller now in aticipation of the system in November.

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: dankity3

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Count me in. I like the idea of the cooling effect on the outer area of the Herc olus the form/fit would be nicer.

PhotoRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Why not make a mod for the current nibbler like bob did?

I mean I wanna nibble but I don't want 2. I also think I need a functioning herc in my hands before I consider an attachment for it.

That's like buying a playstation 4 controller now in aticipation of the system in November.

The Nibbler XL is backwards compatible, if using the Sr 71 adapter you can use a lot of cartridges.

But the Nibbler X is smaller and designed for the 9.2mm cartridge. The Hercules even without the shell will not fit.

tsc.v8

No nibbler for me...(sorry).

Non-related question: I'm still trying to decide whether I need an SR-71. I've been looking through the forums, watching you-tube videos, etc. The THC Scientific guy in the official video says something like "The Hercules SR-71. Why do you need one? I don't know!" I just thought that was amusing, because I'm having the same problem. Here are the positives I'm aware of:

1. High grade materials
2. Insulator/heat shield
3. Ceramic core that heats more evenly
4. Interchangeable cartridges
5. Different air hole design
6. Handles water-extracted oils well

If anyone would like to chime in with a positive or even negative comment about the SR-71, I would enjoy the input before making my decision!

tsc.v8,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
The Sr 71 will cause issues if you do not read the instructions and assemble it correctly, it will leak, requires high voltage to work.

These are the negatives i can think of.

OF

Given a reasonable price, I bet you get more of my money for a Nibbler XL then.....can't have half the SR71 rig without the other half, now can we?

Looked at another way, I'm in too deep to turn back now......

OF

tsc.v8

The Sr 71 will cause issues if you do not read the instructions and assemble it correctly, it will leak, requires high voltage to work.

These are the negatives i can think of.

Okay, thanks. I guess now I'm just wondering if there are other positives that weren't on my list - but really, looking at its features, I think the SR-71 has surpassed the old carts (assuming the problems with V1 have really been corrected). If they are relatively inexpensive to maintain, even better.

tsc.v8,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Okay, thanks. I guess now I'm just wondering if there are other positives that weren't on my list .
The POSITIVE thing about the HERCULES V1 is it has taken many different concentrates without issue and I make some dirty less than perfect POLLEN PELLETS.
The SR 71 is a new improved HERCULES.
I use the carts daily however when my insomnia is acting up it's HERCULES to the rescue!

This 1.3 gram pellet last a long time.
HASH I believe will pair well with the SR 71!

Both NIBBLERS I need.
If you make a XL I'm In!
Time to upgrade all my glass.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I am gonna get caught up in this thread. I recently got into oils and dabbing and I've had the opportunity to try a portable device from liquidizer. I think that may not be the device for me but I love the on the go portion. In what spectrum of concentrate can the persei handle? With the other device I have to take my extraction down to an oil but I've heard I can use the sticky icky with the persei.

Thanks for any advice in advance, cause I know questions are a coming!

I look forward to hitting this thing in places like...

images2_zps36adbedb.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I am gonna get caught up in this thread. I recently got into oils and dabbing and I've had the opportunity to try a portable device from liquidizer. I think that may not be the device for me but I love the on the go portion. In what spectrum of concentrate can the persei handle? With the other device I have to take my extraction down to an oil but I've heard I can use the sticky icky with the persei.

Thanks for any advice in advance, cause I know questions are a coming!

I look forward to hitting this thing in places like...

good to see ya over here mvapes
the SR-71 excels at shatter i would say sap to shatter probably works, i've used wax to shatter, all w/ good results. i don't know about the PG or sap personally, (gotta try this vaping method for thc sci first) but i will report back on the sap. (no PG where i live really, and couldn't justify buying it if it was)
hope that helps!

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: mvapes

tsc.v8

Okay, so I gather the SR-71 "hits harder" than a standard cart. All I need to know now is what the price is going to be without the discount, since I don't have the cash for it yet. Here's an item for debate: does water cooling really remove some of the THC, CBN, etc.? I can't afford to waste oil.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Okay, so I gather the SR-71 "hits" harder than a standard cart. All I need to know now is what the price is going to be without the discount, since I don't have the cash for it yet. Here's an item for debate: does water cooling really remove some of the THC, CBN, etc.? I can't afford to waste oil.

curious to price of the nibbler xl, will probably get one, not sure on timeline.
water vs. thc.
do you dab? if yes, you know that water doesn't filter thc, it just cools and concentrates it. that's what your "reclaim" in your rig is.
if no, did you ever smoke thru bong? notice how it got you less high per gram than just smoking?
because that "reclaim" is mixed with carbons and tars and all that other stuff that comes from the burning.

in conclusion, water is good for cooling, not filtering. if smoking prepare for loss (as no one likes to smoke bong resin) or smoke joints
for vaping and oil, just soak in iso, wait til iso is dark, let evaporate. all "loss" is there for ya.

hope that helps

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Okay, so I gather the SR-71 "hits harder" than a standard cart. All I need to know now is what the price is going to be without the discount, since I don't have the cash for it yet. Here's an item for debate: does water cooling really remove some of the THC, CBN, etc.? I can't afford to waste oil.
Dry is fine!

I do the water path to amuse myself!
Sometimes I get Bent.

ataxian,
Reactions: exit

thevaf

Any new developments on the Iris top?

Also is there any kind of 'upgrade' or trade-in for those of us with Omi 2.5s who want the Persei?

thevaf,

tsc.v8

water vs. thc.
do you dab? if yes, you know that water doesn't filter thc, it just cools and concentrates it. that's what your "reclaim" in your rig is.
if no, did you ever smoke thru bong? notice how it got you less high per gram than just smoking?
because that "reclaim" is mixed with carbons and tars and all that other stuff that comes from the burning.

in conclusion, water is good for cooling, not filtering. if smoking prepare for loss (as no one likes to smoke bong resin) or smoke joints
for vaping and oil, just soak in iso, wait til iso is dark, let evaporate. all "loss" is there for ya.

hope that helps

Thanks, Bob!

I have a couple of minor questions, in the spirit of shared exploration...

First I think there may be a logical problem here - does having "reclaim in my rig" mean that water does not filter out some cannabinoids? Is that what you meant?

Second, I understand that you're saying the THC sticks to the inside of the pipe instead of going into your lungs, but what evidence do we have for that being the only or even main reason less THC is available for absorption?

Finally, CANORML.org and MAPS have done some work on this issue. Here is the link (just the first paragraph will tell you what they think about this):

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/smokestudy.html

tsc.v8,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below

I am in the same boat, I cant afford to waste my oil... The SR-71 seems to be more of a 'RIP-YOUR-FACE' accessory and will torch your oil collection (requiring .5 to get it started).

So I have resolved to MASTER the 2.4 carts. They seem to be very economic when I get my draw speed even across the board and have a good pulsing technique.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
they are saying the same thing i am,
by "filter" i mean absorb. like carbon filters.
they absorb the gross stuff. you asked does it remove.

i am saying that reclaim is removed, but not permanently
smoking is removed and for most people permanently as no one smokes bong resin
people do smoke and eat reclaim.

in this aspect, the use of the nibbler, just soak and evap, like i said, and all your "removed" oil is "reclaimed"
I am in the same boat, I cant afford to waste my oil... The SR-71 seems to be more of a 'RIP-YOUR-FACE' accessory and will torch your oil collection (requiring .5 to get it started).

So I have resolved to MASTER the 2.4 carts. They seem to be very economic when I get my draw speed even across the board and have a good pulsing technique.

the SR-71 is a Huge user, but no oil is wasted. all is trapped within cart and easily "reclaimed".
it will, however require a large first load to saturate the coil, just like a cera EO cart does to saturate the ceramic wafers. if you only use, need economic hits, stick with the original carts for sure

Top Bottom