Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

druminfected

I would get some AW imr 18650's. The stock batteries were very weak with mine. I'd also put those 5.0 ohm carts on the shelf and pick up some 2.4 carts. A better battery charger wouldn't be a bad idea either.
DO NOT PRE OXIDIZE YOUR CARTS!!!

Yes the AW IMR batteries are where it's at! I can notice a difference in them and the stock batteries for sure. I'm sure the Do not pre oxidize your carts info will be on the new revamped site hopefully :)

OF

I would get some AW imr 18650's. The stock batteries were very weak with mine. I'd also put those 5.0 ohm carts on the shelf and pick up some 2.4 carts. A better battery charger wouldn't be a bad idea either.
DO NOT PRE OXIDIZE YOUR CARTS!!!
Yes the AW IMR batteries are where it's at! I can notice a difference in them and the stock batteries for sure. I'm sure the Do not pre oxidize your carts info will be on the new revamped site hopefully :)

I agree with both these guys, 3 for three?

However, I think these guys are on par with the AWs (easily beat lesser brands) and have a better price and more capacity:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-CGR...TF8&qid=1367418701&sr=8-1&keywords=CGR18650CH

They're going out of production and getting hard to find.....of course.

OF

Scott G

Ridin Dirty
Are there any other cartridges and/or batteries that I should order in addition to the above?

must have?
replace all batteries with AW IMR's
the bender for your flower vape sessions
the herc when it's released for your concentrates
2.4 ohm carts for learning how the carts work (i would say 2 of these are sufficient to get the feel down on how they work)

not so much must haves?
ss kit
more carts maybe - i'm hoping the herc re-release will put an end to my cart needs. i'd rather not mess with them at all anymore at this point.

Enjoy your new toy duckapuck!

TommydCat

Nibbler X should be a requirement in that list IMO. I feel other than the novel (and inexpensive!) "noob toob" idea, this is the next best thing to get a real feel for how your carts work.

I also just got the SS kit on the 420 deal and really wished I did it sooner. Soo much more versatility and I can medicate through my Nibber X while waiting for the Hammer to heat up to do a dab ;)

friedbanana8

Persei n00b here. I just ordered the Persei from Delta9 and would like to know, straight from all of you experienced users, what the must-have accessories are for this vape.

Here's what it comes with:

1 x IMR 18650 Battery.
2 x IMR 18350 Batteries.
2 x 5.0ohm Cartridge. (essential oils only)

Are there any other cartridges and/or batteries that I should order in addition to the above?

in truth all you really need is your "essential oils." Everything else you need to start vaping comes in the persei kit. I recommend the 2.4 ohm carts to get you started. I unfortunately went straight to the 5.0ohm carts not knowing any better and ended up blowing both of them. I then switched to the 2.4ohm and was chillin until i tried the double barrel at 7.4v and it blew both of my carts. I wasnt feeling the potency in the 2.4ohm'ers anyways, so it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as i ended up trying the 5.0ohm'ers and loving them. Ofcourse, it was the 2.4ohm carts that guided me through the learning curve with this specific vape. I would also like to try the 1.5ohm'ers which are said to be inbetween a 2.4ohm'er and a 5.0ohm'er in terms of vapor production rates. I also have to mention, that the 2.4ohm is said to be the best cart for delivering the taste of your goods. The kit comes with a card that tells you which carts to use at certain voltages. If you're having trouble getting clouds like people on youtube, then you might want to consider purchasing the nibbler X as it provides the training wheels to learn, plus cooled hits, and the deliverance of taste increases as well.
The nibblerX isn't really stealthy, but when im at a safe location, i always pop it on, i like to watch the vapor milk and it makes it easier to measure my hits.

As others mentioned, the SS kit(super stealth kit) gives you the option of turning your persei into a pen size persei. Which makes it easier to carry around with you in your pocket. Its more practical for when you're on the road. And the SS kit also give you the option of running two persei's at the same time (for example, you could attach the double head to the ss kit and have the single head on the original persei tube, or vice versa).
The hercules which is another neat gizmo is a cartride itself, but its different because it can be used to vape anything from oil to herb. Ive read of people soaking their bud a little in e-juice and vaping it in the hercules. Been wanting to try this myself.

Soon the persei will belong to that group of items you never leave your home without.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
As others mentioned, the SS kit(super stealth kit) gives you the option of turning your persei into a pen size persei. Which makes it easier to carry around with you in your pocket. Its more practical for when you're on the road. And the SS kit also give you the option of running two persei's at the same time (for example, you could attach the double head to the ss kit and have the single head on the original persei tube, or vice versa).

Soon the persei will belong to that group of items you never leave your home without.
water-dual_zps8734225b.jpg

SMA is almost finished.
I will perfect this technic.
This is just to try out.
I need to put every thing away.
Asingle works too.
A NIBBLER is something I don't just want I need one!
For now this work well!
persei-WP-24_zps46256d23.jpg

ataxian,

OF

in truth all you really need is your "essential oils."

Excellent summary with one minor quibble, IMO you also need a lighter or other heat source to load the goods.

Second most important advice (after start with good concentrates in 2.4 Ohm carts (only)) is to take care in loading to properly preheat the center section of the cart before melting the load down. Read the instructions on the D9 site carefully.

That and 'never do dry burns' (looking for glow or 'pre oxidizing' new carts) will almost surely have you vaping away in no time.

Lots of stuff to keep right, but it all comes together and makes sense as it becomes a tool not a toy.

OF

Edit: Oh, yeah, weigh your cart empty, add half a gram and vape it down to .2 or so before adding more. Less risks the cart and seals and can cook the goods, more invites leaks and other issues worth avoiding. In practice I try to keep .25 to .75 grams total in the cart. OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
IMO you also need a lighter or other heat source to load the goods.
Second most important advice (after start with good concentrates in 2.4 Ohm carts (only))
Lots of stuff to keep right, but it all comes together and makes sense as it becomes a tool not a toy.

OF

Edit: Oh, yeah, weigh your cart empty, add half a gram and vape it down to .2 or so before adding more. Less risks the cart and seals and can cook the goods, more invites leaks and other issues worth avoiding. In practice I try to keep .25 to .75 grams total in the cart. OF
The lighter in the middle is cheap one however it does work well. (POWER)
lighters_zps9487cc9e.jpg

photo_zps735c386e.jpg

Look for the BLOND Colored concentrates!

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Persei n00b here. I just ordered the Persei from Delta9 and would like to know, straight from all of you experienced users, what the must-have accessories are for this vape.

Here's what it comes with:

1 x IMR 18650 Battery.
2 x IMR 18350 Batteries.
2 x 5.0ohm Cartridge. (essential oils only)

If you DO decide to mess with the 5.0s make sure you PULSE the button at 7.4v

I PULSE for 1/2 second each time (i just tap), about 6-10 times, all while constantly hitting the cart. If I want to finish off the sesh with a lung buster, I hold the button for 2 seconds, then do a COOL DOWN draw for as long as I can go to finish.

This process allows the 5.0s to heat up slowly and gives some GREAT taste as well as NICE clouds.

OF

any instructions on how to clean Nibbler? also how about the bender..

For Nibbler I turned it upside down without the metal part, blocked the outlet with a finger, poured a little ISO and some table salt in, blocked the big hole with my thumb and shook half a minute or so. A few minutes rinse under running water and I was vaping again.

Bender was harder. Junk built up in the top and had to be scrubbed out with cotton on a stick.

If you DO decide to mess with the 5.0s make sure you PULSE the button at 7.4v

This process allows the 5.0s to heat up slowly and gives some GREAT taste as well as NICE clouds.

Excellent advice. To which I'd add 'don't be tempted to hang on it just a bit more for even bigger clouds.....they and burnt oil and leaks are sure to follow with little or no warning'.

The consoling part is you won't be the first to goof up this way.

OF

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
THIS is what I got the Persei for. Studio has all concrete floors... dangerous for glass.

...takin care of business and makin' sure my head stays lifted and inspired +)

SlinginPaint,

Medisculpt

Hey all you Persei Guru's I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Recently upgraded from an Omicron to Persei for both me and my Dad. Loving the power in this beast but I'm running into a few issues so far. I'm thinking the batteries are the culprit.

First thing, my Dad's 18650 3.7 has never worked for him. Pretty sure it was DoA but we did not act quickly enough to get the warranty to take care of it.
His 18350's seem to be champs though! He never charges them!

My unit:
The single 18650 seems to be alright.
But the 18350's are really starting to piss me off. I've produced reliable clouds right from the get go. For the 1st week I'd say, I did not notice any problems.

Now I can fully charge them, stick them into the persei, adjust the height, test it by hitting the button and seeing the Blue light coming on strong. Then I go to screw in a 5.0 cart, one that has hit for me plenty of times before, and the light immediately dims when pressed, until it becomes non existent.
Thought maybe it was a dying cart? Nope does the exact same thing for the other 5.0 I have filled up.

I can hold the button down, see the blue, then while still holding it down, screw a cart on and watch it fade off. The carts are killing the circuit? I dont get whats happening because they appear to be strong batteries.

I have tried charging them together over night, and separately over night with no luck.
Ive tested various heights to seat the batteries also with no luck.
I wrote to PlanetVape explaining my issues and they basically said it was too late and I'd have to take it up with the manufacturer.

Long story short I'm wondering if any of you more experienced users have run into this issue? Any fixes available short of just buying new batteries?

I didnt realize other batteries worked in these things, so I'm going to have to look into these AW versions.
Whats the difference between the 18350 AW IMR 700 mah High drain for $11.99 and the 800 mah High drain for $7.99 on D9's site?

Any help would be much appreciated! I lurk here off and on, but honestly there's so much info in this thread its hard to pinpoint answers.

Medisculpt,
Reactions: OF

MaxVapor

The Professor
dual-carts-wpa_zps0d420910.jpg

My new rig is 2 x Larger than my previous one.
However the PERSEI 7.4 pairs perfectly .
The vapor is strong and smooth!
Setting up my new teak drawer organizers:
new-persei-tray_zpsd6d967c4.jpg

You need an Iris so your little SS tube won't feel left out.

MaxVapor,

OF

I can hold the button down, see the blue, then while still holding it down, screw a cart on and watch it fade off. The carts are killing the circuit? I dont get whats happening because they appear to be strong batteries.

I have tried charging them together over night, and separately over night with no luck.

Long story short I'm wondering if any of you more experienced users have run into this issue? Any fixes available short of just buying new batteries?

I didnt realize other batteries worked in these things, so I'm going to have to look into these AW versions.
Whats the difference between the 18350 AW IMR 700 mah High drain for $11.99 and the 800 mah High drain for $7.99 on D9's site?

The clue is in the fade out. Dollars to doughnuts you have one bunk battery of the two. I'd suggest borrowing Dad's and swapping them around. Trade one from each and see if the problem moves (you moved the bad one) or doesn't (the bad one stayed put). This will confirm it.

The AW batteries are much superior in overall quality (read 'long life') and more importantly to many the ability to put out the most power for the most heat. They are worth the extra money to those who appreciate the difference. AW brand, in general, is the best of class. IMO money well spent.

I hope you get it resolved shortly, it's no fun fighting such problems when you should be enjoying the gear.

OF

Vakas

IRIS is the only thing left that I dont have for my persei! :(
Oh and the persei Bubbler.. Nibbler is working good for now ;)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
IRIS is the only thing left that I dont have for my persei! :(
Oh and the persei Bubbler.. Nibbler is working good for now ;)
I want a RED PERSEI to go with my RED SS KIT, A CHROME SSL to go with my CHROME PERSEI, A NIBBLER at some point. I have a HAMMER TOP (Love it for my BENDER). I have two HERCULES V1's and waiting for the V2 upgrade. The bigger bubbler I bought at the LSS works best with a DUAL TOP PERSEI loaded with AW IMR 18650's with 5.0 carts. I'll make it prettier however deep medication is obtained.
The smaller bulbbler is great for the 2.4 carts. 5.0 for the Larger Water Path. Live and Learn.
Sometimes LESS is MORE!
persei-WP-24_zps46256d23.jpg
IMG_04031_zpsf1642d31.jpg

bender-ash-catcher_zpscf6bddb9.jpg

bender-new-path_zps530d5292.jpg

MORE is MORE TOO!
HERCULES-WATER_zps508af878.jpg

NEW WATER RIG:
dual-carts-wpa_zps0d420910.jpg

It was the only one in the Local Smoke Shop with out LOGO's so I bought it for my SMA!

TommydCat

I'm still not getting how to use the Bender correcly methinks. I've tried placing a bit of cotton under the mouthpiece, which keeps all crap out of it nicely, but it makes it hard to stir without making a mess...

I've tried placing a bit of cotton in the mouthpiece, but crumbs seem to clog up the glass screen...

Perhaps less grinding and wetter material? I still see it causing crumbs towards the end when it turns to ABV and dries out.

Otherwise, it seems like I have to get it real hot to start getting vapor. Haven't combusted, but seems like I'm pressing that button way too much.

Any vids, tricks, tips? Finding little on Bender use except for Uncle Vito's stir video (keep 'em coming!) - and while I have an E-Q and a Pax, consider this more for connoisseur strains, so likely a once-a-week kind of a thing (which makes the learning curve extremely long!)

Thanks! :) :leaf:

TommydCat,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm still not getting how to use the Bender correcly methinks. I've tried placing a bit of cotton under the mouthpiece, which keeps all crap out of it nicely, but it makes it hard to stir without making a mess...

I've tried placing a bit of cotton in the mouthpiece, but crumbs seem to clog up the glass screen...

Perhaps less grinding and wetter material? I still see it causing crumbs towards the end when it turns to ABV and dries out.

Otherwise, it seems like I have to get it real hot to start getting vapor. Haven't combusted, but seems like I'm pressing that button way too much.

Any vids, tricks, tips? Finding little on Bender use except for Uncle Vito's stir video (keep 'em coming!) - and while I have an E-Q and a Pax, consider this more for connoisseur strains, so likely a once-a-week kind of a thing (which makes the learning curve extremely long!)

Thanks! :) :leaf:
I use the BENDER during the week-end!
Fun crazy cool this thing! I use my cheapie grinder because the chunks are larger than my SPACE CASE which does a wonderful job with most of my gadgets. For the BENDER think less fine of a grind.
I stir between rips.
Use a screen instead of cotton however I use cotton sometimes too.

Top Bottom