Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Five days after delivery and I can safely say that, for beginners to moderate users, the Nibbler X is the best peripheral Delta 9 offers for the current Omicron carts.

Tips and Tricks:
1) Filling your Nibbler X - By design or lucky coincidence, the NX doesn't spill water very easily. You could tip it sideways and, from the mouthpiece, you might not have any spill at all. I think it has something to do with suction and the elongated tube of the mouthpiece. That being said, it's a lot easier to get your NX to working order by putting small amounts of water.

A simple way to do this would be a dropper, and a cheap way to use a dropper would be to take any regular 16.9 ounce bottle of water, the ones with the white caps and the flimsy bodies, and poke a hole through the top with a thumbtack. Squeeze the bottle gently enough and, instead of a stream of water, you'll have drops form.

Assuming thumbtacks all come in some industry standard size, you could say that from 18-26 drops of water brings your NX to an appropriate level. Keep in mind that you want to stay shy of water and not flood your NX with the risk of getting water in to the Omicart.

18-26 drops should bring you over the percs to nearly one time their height (imagine a second perc on top).

2) Using your Nibbler X - There was talk earlier about all the percs not firing on some Nibbler X units. I cannot say for sure if it's just with my particular unit, or if it would be true for all, but I've gotten 2-3 working consistently. Take this tip with a grain of salt as each glass piece has unique variations from the overall design.

Once your NX is filled and attached to your Persei / Omicron, try drawing from it without pressing the button to test your suction. If you notice that water isn't moving, only one perc is firing, or some other kind of drag issue there are a few things to consider.

The first thing being, "Are you drawing correctly?" The Nibbler X works much in the same way as the Persei without it. Draw very gently and you should see greater vapor production. So try drawing gently first and, in the lessened chaos of bubbling water, you might see that it doesn't take much to power NX.

Another thing to consider is how you're holding your NX. I try to keep the tilt minimal, both to keep water from getting in to the cart and because it seems to help the airflow. You could go completely vertical on holding it, though I personally didn't find it very comfortable.

But the most important thing to consider is, "Is your cart in optimal working order?"

- Does it have leak or clog issues?
- Did you use the correct consistency wax?
- Have you primed it well?

The condition of your cart is going to effect your experience with Nibbler X. A clogged cart will cause drag, or failed suction in the NX because the flow of the cart is the primary means of flow in the Nibbler X. If you can't draw through your cart normally, having a $100 water-filter mouthpiece isn't going to help other than let you know you have this issue. (Look up the previous posts on hot-needle cleaning your carts and sure fire ways to fill and prime.)

If you're confident that you've filled it correctly and are still experiencing poor performance with suction, double check your cart with a regular mouthpiece. If it doesn't work, I'd have to say move on. Filling a new cart and using an NX from the start has been the best experience I've had yet with the Persei. However, if your problem is in perc firing, try this next bit, again remembering that each Nibbler X has slight variations from one another.

Assuming your water is at the right level, and your cart is filled correctly, draw from the Nibbler X gently and spin it slowly. I notice that in my NX, there is a certain point where one to three percs are firing. Then there's a point very close to that where one to two percs will start to fire rapidly with very gentle draws.

Keeping my Nibbler X oriented at this position has given me the best three days with the Persei I've ever had. The problem is, it changes, and probably by the variables I've already discussed and ones I haven't yet considered.

However, spinning my Nibbler X until it is firing well is not much of a hassle. I get about 10-20 great draws before I notice suction decreases or ceases and I have to spin it slightly again.

3) Removing your Nibbler X - Bob's already shared the best tip for doing this:

simple tip for nibbler, keep MP covered with one pressed finger while removing.
remove slowly. should fix 90% of issues.
But I've got a bit to add.

It helps to watch the water levels as you remove your NX. If you notice the level rising, then stop and put it back. You probably have a suction issue (which would mean a cart with a suction issue). At this point, draw gently until you have airflow again and it should be safe to remove.

Any questions I'll be happy to answer. I'm pretty glad I got to give some hands-on on this peripheral. It's really helped me get the most out of the Persei.

Now, if we can start talking Nibbler X adapters for the Hercules and Bender!

I'm sure THC SCIENTIFIC could whip up a screw on mouthpiece that can attach Nibbler X to Hercules. And an all glass female attachment to get Nibbler and Bender playing together doesn't sound far fetched either.

TommydCat

Excellent post, sir! I'm so glad you're willing to take the time to get to know this device, as I can imagine it's hard work and requires strenuous spans of constant focus! :D

I'll say that the bottom of my Nibbler X is much much more loose than the bottom of the Bender... it slides right on and off easily leaving the base on the cart. D9V did send me some thicker O-rings that make it fit tight, but not sure I prefer that, as with it loose I tend to clean it every session - with that little amount of water, it picks up the taste quite quickly! (Oh man... A bit of tasty tasty Dutch Haze and dump it into some tea! You might think this is crazy, but it is crazy good!) :drool:

I plan on doing some research this weekend, and hope you continue your studies as well.

FOR SCIENCE! :science:

TommydCat

I'm going on a BENDER today as well, LOL!

Going to experiment with slower draw, a second screen, and whatever else comes to mind. :mmmm:

On a further note, I am extremely pleased with the recent amount of information, the good posts and the great people in this thread! I think the past 10+ pages alone have a lot of information that could be skimmed for the wiki site, as some of the "toys" that aren't standard equipment really don't have any information about them (let alone instructions!)

Props to D9V for such a great product, continuing drive for improvement and willingness to standup for your name. And the 420 sale was pretty kick ass! ;)

Love you guys! :love:

TommydCat

Know the feeling, and learned a lot in the process. However, it will be a challenge to remember any of it come morning! ;)

TommydCat,
Reactions: ataxian

MaxVapor

The Professor
I got my personally designed Persei Stand (Mark 1) back from shapeways. It's really small and light, but actually serves my purposes well. Here are some snaps of it, tomorrow I will try to make a video to post. It's not perfect and a large enough knock will put it over, but it's miles better than just standing the Persei on it's bottom cap. I think the next version will just be Persei/Nx stand.

perseistandmk011.jpg

perseistandmk012.jpg

perseistandmk013.jpg

perseistandmk014.jpg

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I got my personally designed Persei Stand (Mark 1) back from shapeways. It's really small and light, but actually serves my purposes well. Here are some snaps of it, tomorrow I will try to make a video to post. It's not perfect and a large enough knock will put it over, but it's miles better than just standing the Persei on it's bottom cap. I think the next version will just be Persei/Nx stand.

perseistandmk011.jpg

perseistandmk012.jpg

perseistandmk013.jpg

perseistandmk014.jpg
Very well done!

ataxian,

MaxVapor

The Professor
Thanks for the feedback!

Well done Max! You should have ordered ten and gotten yours free, plenty of us here would shell out for a stand.

do you mind me asking how much that cost to make????

I agree. It also looks to me like a part that would be very easy to make a urethane...
OF

The cost to have that one-off printed using selective laser sintering came to about $36 including shipping. Which I think would be too expensive for what it is. I mostly had it done to test my workflow and the print quality from shapeways. My end goal is to open a shop at one or more of these new online custom manufacturing services. The benefit to me would be more time to design stuff and not worrying about taking orders, manufacturing, or fulfilling orders.

I may try doing some limited runs on my home printer if I can get the quality dialed in sufficiently, the quality won't be as good as SLS but cost would be way lower.

OF

I may try doing some limited runs on my home printer if I can get the quality dialed in sufficiently, the quality won't be as good as SLS but cost would be way lower.

Cool.

At a production level I suspect other processes would produce superior product at lower cost.

For example, casting a mold from the prototype would let you cast slip. You could make these guys from glazed ceramic cheaper than ash trays or coffee cups?

OF

MaxVapor

The Professor
Cool.

At a production level I suspect other processes would produce superior product at lower cost.

For example, casting a mold from the prototype would let you cast slip. You could make these guys from glazed ceramic cheaper than ash trays or coffee cups?

OF

I am certain you are correct about that. Right now I really have no knowledge of manufacturing processes, I am a digital artist, so I am looking toward figuring some of this stuff out over time. Right now I am enamored of 3d printing for a number of reasons, but I will be looking in to other ways of doing this (assuming I stay interested for more than a few months).

OF

I am certain you are correct about that. Right now I really have no knowledge of manufacturing processes, I am a digital artist, so I am looking toward figuring some of this stuff out over time. Right now I am enamored of 3d printing for a number of reasons, but I will be looking in to other ways of doing this (assuming I stay interested for more than a few months).

Cool. Like I said, it's actually pretty easy and you get your original back after peeling the mold off it.

PM me if you want to give it a go?

OF

OF,

druminfected

perseistandmk011.jpg

perseistandmk012.jpg

perseistandmk013.jpg

perseistandmk014.jpg

Hmmm , you mentioned that the stand would fall over if you pushed it, but perhaps put a heavy metal slug ( the same diameter) underneath it for weight might make it more sturdy perhaps?

I wonder since the birth of FC, how many awesome inventions were made from FC members? There should be a thread dedicated to the masses! :)

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below

perseistandmk011.jpg

perseistandmk012.jpg

perseistandmk013.jpg

perseistandmk014.jpg

Now that you have your Master, just make a mold of the stand in silicone, then cast the stand in resin... BOOM so cheap to make...

SlinginPaint,
Top Bottom