Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
did it work? you should post a vid! Would be cool to see in action. Cant wait to try it out myself

Yessir, it worked! Sorry, but I can't post a vid of me using it as my youtube channel is regularly watched by young kids.

Edit: By the way, I finally got around to filling up one of the 2.4 ohm carts that arrived today with some ridiculous Sour Diesel wax and coupled with the Nibbler X, I'm a fan of the regular carts again! Nibbler X, ftw! :rockon:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I was thinking Gary will come up with a way of making a one-piece Bender+NibblerX device. Or at least a version of the Nx that will mate directly with top of Bender. :rofl: Mmmmmm.
emailed planetvape. they are on it. gonna make me a 18mm to tube a little shorter than a cart. they carry nibblers so i am hoping they will fit it before sending it out to me. they are always helpful. hit it at an angle anyway. best bender flavor so far!

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Damn it! Just as I was falling back in love with the 2.4's, I turned my Iris off forgetting that when you do so, it automatically holds the power button for five seconds which completely fried my oil. Now I have a cart with almost .7 of burnt tasting oil. :mad: Lesson learned the hard way. Please remember folks, if you're using the Iris, unscrew your cart before you go to turn the unit off!

OF

Damn it! Just as I was falling back in love with the 2.4's, I turned my Iris off forgetting that when you do so, it automatically holds the power button for five seconds which completely fried my oil. Now I have a cart with almost .7 of burnt tasting oil. :mad: Lesson learned the hard way. Please remember folks, if you're using the Iris, unscrew your cart before you go to turn the unit off!

I'm convinced it goes deeper than that. Would five seconds of heat without drawing normally have screwed it up that bad?

I've blown four carts total (burned out heaters in normal service), normally they foul out with the heaters still intact. 3 of those four were on Iris in maybe 3 months of use? Three, all 2.4s. One 'new' the other two test carts, partially used with oils I didn't care all that much about. To me, obvious victims of several seconds of 7.4 Volts, not the 3.2 I was set for. I don't know if it's just my unit or some sort of design issue. G is aware of this and said he has it on the list for the upcoming upgrade. Until then I've basically sidelined my Iris, I just don't trust it. Besides which I'm about out of partially used carts full of concentrates I don't care all that much about, I'm saving the last two for testing in other ways.

I agree, for now Iris calls for some caution in use.

OF

dertigo

My Persei is coming in today! Can anyone link me to some videos of how to put the wax into the cartridge?

dertigo,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I'm convinced it goes deeper than that. Would five seconds of heat without drawing normally have screwed it up that bad?

I've blown four carts total (burned out heaters in normal service), normally they foul out with the heaters still intact. 3 of those four were on Iris in maybe 3 months of use? Three, all 2.4s. One 'new' the other two test carts, partially used with oils I didn't care all that much about. To me, obvious victims of several seconds of 7.4 Volts, not the 3.2 I was set for. I don't know if it's just my unit or some sort of design issue. G is aware of this and said he has it on the list for the upcoming upgrade. Until then I've basically sidelined my Iris, I just don't trust it. Besides which I'm about out of partially used carts full of concentrates I don't care all that much about, I'm saving the last two for testing in other ways.

I agree, for now Iris calls for some caution in use.

OF

Agreed. I believe the Iris goes rouge when you turn it off, bypassing the set 3.7v and hitting your cart with 7.4v. For now on, I'll just be using the standard 3.7v battery and save the Iris for when I'm using the Bender.

OF

Agreed. I believe the Iris goes rouge when you turn it off, bypassing the set 3.7v and hitting your cart with 7.4v. For now on, I'll just be using the standard 3.7v battery and save the Iris for when I'm using the Bender.

With you all the way there. It doesn't always do it, of course, but I'm dumb enough to trust a few times already only to get bit, so I too am restricting it to Bender, Hercules and other heavy duty loads that can laugh off such random bursts of full blast.

Hopefully soon this quirk will be another vape memory on the road to the ultimate vape.

OF

dertigo

Sorry for all these newbie questions, but then again I am a newbie :p. on the site it says for
Cartridges: "400+ doses per cart (one time fill). Does that mean if i fill it with 1g it will last for 400 hits or that after 400 hits ill need to buy a new cart. Also is it ok to refill a used cart after its empty? Thanks a lot for all the help!

dertigo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You can refill a cart at your own risk...
I have lost a gram of wax in a cart that decided to take a dump.
BUT
I also have a few carts here that have been champs.
I have one that is 2.4 ohms... that I use with a 7 V battery that has performed for well over a dozen refills.
Be one with the cart...
Use the force, dertigo

dertigo

You can refill a cart at your own risk...
I have lost a gram of wax in a cart that decided to take a dump.
BUT
I also have a few carts here that have been champs.
I have one that is 2.4 ohms... that I use with a 7 V battery that has performed for well over a dozen refills.
Be one with the cart...
Use the force, dertigo

lol, thanks! In terms of the "400+ doses per cart (one time fill)" does that mean 400 hits?

dertigo,

OF

Cartridges: "400+ doses per cart (one time fill). Does that mean if i fill it with 1g it will last for 400 hits or that after 400 hits ill need to buy a new cart. Also is it ok to refill a used cart after its empty?

Yes, sorta. The best advice seems to be load half a gram at first. Hit that until it starts to slow up (about .2 grams from new weight, so keep track....). Don't run it empty, it's bad for it. Add .3 or maybe even the other half if you're brave enough (too much increases leaking).

Figure about 300 hits per gram on average and consider .2 as being 'in the cart' so you'll probably see close to 240 hits (.8 times 300) for the first gram. I load half a gram at a time until the cart finally fouls up so badly the production falls off, then I'll run it down to the end and junk it. On average I'd say a cart is good for about 1000 hits (3 grams), the way I'm using them. Taking one initial fill and five top ups? Some guys might hit much harder and get less (or use PG.....).

OF

dertigo

Yes, sorta. The best advice seems to be load half a gram at first. Hit that until it starts to slow up (about .2 grams from new weight, so keep track....). Don't run it empty, it's bad for it. Add .3 or maybe even the other half if you're brave enough (too much increases leaking).

Figure about 300 hits per gram on average and consider .2 as being 'in the cart' so you'll probably see close to 240 hits (.8 times 300) for the first gram. I load half a gram at a time until the cart finally fouls up so badly the production falls off, then I'll run it down to the end and junk it. On average I'd say a cart is good for about 1000 hits (3 grams), the way I'm using them. Taking one initial fill and five top ups? Some guys might hit much harder and get less (or use PG.....).

OF
That was super informative. Thanks!

dertigo,

OF

That was super informative. Thanks!

You're welcome. Just follow the instructions loading (pay special attention to preheating the center) and use good concentrates (favor thicker and lighter colored ones that pass the foil test) and you're going to love it. Stick with the 2.4 Ohm carts until you master them and you too can 'own' the system.

OF

friedbanana8

hey so i got my nibblerx today, so happy. im confused though about what O-rings are. Are they the orange rings at the bottom of the nibbler? (I have a feeling im going to facepalm myself later for that question.) If so, then do i need to replace them after a certain amount of time? Lastly, can we get an informative list of do's and don'ts going for the nibbler X, im sure everyone has one now and would like to know more about it.

friedbanana8,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That was fast!
I ordered a SS kit Monday and received it today!
Plenty of medicine however no time to medicate!

TommydCat

There are four O-rings on the metal base -- two on the outside that the glass slides over and two inside the hole of the metal base which the cart slides through. The two inside ones could potentially have some heat applied to them, but fairly minor, and nowhere near the inside o-rings of the Bender...

TommydCat,
Reactions: ataxian

friedbanana8

There are four O-rings on the metal base -- two on the outside that the glass slides over and two inside the hole of the metal base which the cart slides through. The two inside ones could potentially have some heat applied to them, but fairly minor, and nowhere near the inside o-rings of the Bender...
so they'll need replacing after sometime then. I see. I cant seem to find these on the delta9 site, where would i buy them, for when the time comes to replace them?

Edit: *face palm*

friedbanana8,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
All this NX the last few pages hurts. I gotta get my hands on one soon, especially if Bob finds a way to solidly rig it to Herc.

Does the mouthpiece on Hercules screw off right above the mesh screen? Also, is the mouthpiece wide enough to fit an Omi cart snugly? Might be able to get away with cutting the bottom 3rd of an Omi cart, stick it in Hercs mouth piece and connecting NX thataway. Might even need to mod a Herc mouthpiece, so good that they come with two (?).

so they'll need replacing after sometime then. I see. I cant seem to find these on the delta9 site, where would i buy them, for when the time comes to replace them?

Edit: *face palm*

I'm not sure about medical grade, but hardware/plumbing stores sell O-rings. Still haven't banged out exact sizes, but bring in an o-ring to match up at the store. I've done this for the mouthpiece but I don't have a Bender / NX.

Top Bottom