Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Post #9577

I saw! Very nice. I'd just be a little nervous setting 120 dollars of small glass on top of my Herculei if it's only the rubber mouthpiece holding it up, although yours seems sturdy. If we found a glass adapter, Kindbeats, we'd be golden.

edit:
An idea for U.P. Tech and THC SCIENTIFIC

A second mouthpiece for the Hercules that is made to fit NX, either by being a long tube the same diameter as an omi-cart or having an actual omi-cart tube with a delrin / plastic base that screws in to the Hercules. Be a real simple way to get more life out of NX + Hercules.

friedbanana8

EdOMifr.jpg
im not sure if you've seen this picture, atomsk, but i tried it out myself and i was getting giant hits that would have normally had me gasping for breath. Granted, ive only tried it once and at the time it didnt milk the hits to where the vapor looks thick like it would with a 5.0ohm cart (unless your keeping an ear out and waiting for the "sizzle," start hitting it then let go of the button for that massive dump of a hit phenomena that occurs, you get to actually see it with your eys how much vapor occurs from this phenomena which is pretty cool). Its cool too cause you dont have to take off the nibblerx to judge the temperature of the hercules. But yeah man i highly recomment the nibblerx, you should get one pronto!

Edit: nevermind just saw your last post
That would be so awesome if they made a mouthpiece that fit perfectly from the hercules to the nibblerX.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
It does look like a lot of fun, I'm getting one ASAP. I thought it wouldn't be a good investment since I want a Hercules the most, but I never gave combining the two a thought until Kindbeats opened our eyes.

I really want to contribute to the NX-Herc connection, DIY is one of my hobbies.

I guess I could contribute in a different way until then. I should start looking in to a cheap and easy stand for the Persei so we can keep these things up when they've nearly knocked us out. The two holes on the base seem like a great place to start. I'd actually rather have a base that stays on the table instead of one that is constantly attached to the bottom.

Will post results by the end of the day.

friedbanana8

I just started charging the large battery. The red light is flickering. Is that normal?
yes, if you just started charging it straight out of the box, usually they are already charge somewhat and sometimes just need a top off like it seems in your case. The flickering means its almost done charging completely, it may flicker for about 20 minutes more then will stay a solid green. the closer it gets to full charge the slower the rate it flickers

dertigo

yes, if you just started charging it straight out of the box, usually they are already charge somewhat and sometimes just need a top off like it seems in your case. The flickering means its almost done charging completely, it may flicker for about 20 minutes more then will stay a solid green. the closer it gets to full charge the slower the rate it flickers
Interesting. For the first 40 min it was solid red and just started flickering rapidly. It's fine to charge one battery alone right? Or do both slots need to be loaded?

dertigo,

friedbanana8

yes the light will be red when the battery is low on charge and it'll be green when there is no battery or its fully charged. If its flickering then its a signal that they are about done charging, or if you cant wait, then you'd be alright using the batteries at this point because it would have enough charge to power the device correctly.
No you dont need a battery in both slots, but if you do put one in both slots take heed.
The charger that comes with the persei does not have seperate charging channels, so if you put a battery in both slots you have to make sure they match in voltage and in all characteristics. For example you wouldn't want to charge one of the small batteries along with a large battery. This may eventually damage the batteries and cause problems. Make sure they match in size, type, brand, mah, volts, EVERYTHING. People usually advise that you pair batteries from the moment you purchase them and keep them paired, meaning charge them always at the same time to avoid problems., since the big battery only comes by itself and not paired, you'll want to charge this one seperately always

mephisto

It's really a shame that the kind folks at TET made the dart the same outer dia. as D9 cartridges. So, feel free to slide yer Nibbler over your dart. Now my garbage wagon dart gets water cooling. Ahhhh homemade
Qweth never vaped so well.......

MaxVapor

The Professor
I guess I could contribute in a different way until then. I should start looking in to a cheap and easy stand for the Persei so we can keep these things up when they've nearly knocked us out.

I have been working on some designs, this is the first one that I have sent out to prototype via 3D printing. This may be too small and ultimately too expensive for people to want to have one printed, but other ideas are percolating. This one would hold a Persei and 6 standard carts.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
I have been working on some designs, this is the first one that I have sent out to prototype via 3D printing. This may be too small and ultimately too expensive for people to want to have one printed, but other ideas are percolating. This one would hold a Persei and 6 standard carts.

Sweet! How much was printing for it?

I'm more of the repurposing type, so when I say "cheap and easy" I mean finding pre-fabricated peripherals that would serve an alternate need. For instance, I have an air tight, compact glass container that serves as my doob-tube for my carts. Fits four at a time and was a $3 Japanese spice bottle.

But don't get me wrong, that's beautiful design and concept! Fits the science-fiction motif of the Persei as well since it looks like a rocket booster and fuel tank and would turn the Persei in to the aesthetic equivalent of the Planet Express ship.

What kind of material do the 3D printers use? Would it be safe to expose vapor to? Maybe we could get a design going for a Nibbler X > Hercules adapter.

Also, I spent a bit of today looking through Wal-Mart for some pronged object with little protective plastic cups on the ends. They usually have a taller cup shape with a flat, brimmed bottom like those used for torches. They're on cheap toys or plastic furniture that are about the diameter of the Persei. No luck there but I know those cheap PVC bongs at the LHS definitely use them and sell spares.

Will report back if I have any luck on the cheap road.

SaybianTv

Hey uh to all those who stepped up to help me out last weekend I really appreciate it, this forum "IS" the kind of customer service that our future's going to be made of. We gotta take documentation seriously website's gotta point costumer's this way you can't assume were apart of the culture.

But on a happier note all round, everything is working perfectly now! I can't believe something as simply as holding down a button for 45 seconds while dry a couple of times can make or break a user's experience. It didn't help I was trying to quit combustion after more than half my life and vape was looking dismal as a true satisfying replacement for a leather lung.

Thank you for pushing my button's on the e-juice subject, I'm shocked at how out of touch I am and fixed in my ways. I didn't even know it was illegal in canada, but I'm happy to have a face that attacks "would you like some under the table" whenever im told something isn't available.

I'm a bigtime spliffman I almost never smoke straight herb, BUT you can wet you herb with ejuice and the Herc just tares it up. I maybe smoke around 7 weekdays 20 on weekends, I can't remember the last time I coughed and felt that sweet sweet head rush. Whoa man i'm sold on why the 3.7 is for herb once it get's really cooking, I got that rookie watery lip glossy eyed cough I haven't seen in years.

I've learned so many things just from the door's the persei open's up for the "do it your selfish" type. I was vaping in the yard with my ducks and asked the neighbour about hash because im trying to lay off the smoking. He said I'll have a couple of garbage bags of trim for you in 3 weeks!

This distilling and recovering the alcohol is blowing my mind, I can finally take all that glass back out of the box and put it to work. I'm gearing up for extracting my own tobacco flavoring out of my own 5 pound stash of kentucky select. I've really learned allot about medical marijuana's real life down to earth benefit's to real people. I watched that mother straining cannabis juice for her 7 year old with leukemia and said I gotta do this for people. No mr smokey oh i got anxiety and i don't wanna read a book about it or get basic help I just wanna smoke. But for all the people who's main job in life is living with suffering.

Anyways I'm just feeling grateful, I don't want somebody cruising the forum's looking for reason's to slam a product and not get the full story and the happy ending.

SaybianTv

I'm more of the repurposing type, so when I say "cheap and easy" I mean finding pre-fabricated peripherals that would serve an alternate need. For instance, I have an air tight, compact glass container that serves as my doob-tube for my carts. Fits four at a time and was a $3 Japanese spice bottle.

But don't get me wrong, that's beautiful design and concept! Fits the science-fiction motif of the Persei as well since it looks like a rocket booster and fuel tank and would turn the Persei in to the aesthetic equivalent of the Planet Express ship.

What kind of material do the 3D printers use? Would it be safe to expose vapor to? Maybe we could get a design going for a Nibbler X > Hercules adapter.

Also, I spent a bit of today looking through Wal-Mart for some pronged object with little protective plastic cups on the ends. They usually have a taller cup shape with a flat, brimmed bottom like those used for torches. They're on cheap toys or plastic furniture that are about the diameter of the Persei. No luck there but I know those cheap PVC bongs at the LHS definitely use them and sell spares.

Will report back if I have any luck on the cheap road.

That's a great idea! being a visual effect's artist let's just say I can throw my pen in any direction at work and it will hit somebody who has a 3d printer and is dying to make me a happy man. Cuzz this persei is destined to go flying off my desk.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
First fill sesh went off without a hitch. Fingers crossed for no leaks.

Waxygoodness:
.5 of Sour Primo - 2.4 ohm
.5 of Silver Pearl - 5.0 ohm
.5 of Confidential Cheese - 5.0 ohm

The taste is SUPREME every... damn... time... and those 5.0s are NO JOKE - Thanks for all the tips errrbody.

...and the thing just looks so damn classy...

MaxVapor

The Professor
Thanks for the feedback on the Persei stand thingy!

I'd want like a Lego Fortress version of that to hold the SS Kit, Hammer top and lots of carts! ;)
And Nibbler X..
And Bender...
Supersize it!

I have a bunch of things in mind! One is a master organizer for everything you just mentioned!

i bet if you removed those cart holders and just made it smooth out (like a torch holder) it would reduce cost dramatically
You are right, reducing the volume of plastic is key to reducing cost, I have a simple Persei only holder in mind as well that I am going to work on soon.

This one cost $31 (including shipping) printed in strong and flexible polished (nylon) at shapeways. I went for it just as a test to get an idea of how it comes it. They have a bunch of different plastics, ceramic, stainless steel, and even sterling silver. To print the stand above in stainless would cost $125.00!! It would be nice and heavy though!
That's a great idea! being a visual effect's artist let's just say I can throw my pen in any direction at work and it will hit somebody who has a 3d printer and is dying to make me a happy man. Cuzz this persei is destined to go flying off my desk.
If it works out I'll set you up with an stl file. This one should print fine on a typical rep-rap machine, I didn't print it on mine since it is down for upgrades right now and I wanted to see how it would come out from shapeways.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Is the Persei going to slowly drain the batteries if I leave my 7.4 and my 3.7 (SS Kit) setups assembled?

SlinginPaint,
Reactions: OF

friedbanana8

Is the Persei going to slowly drain the batteries if I leave my 7.4 and my 3.7 (SS Kit) setups assembled?
dont rechargeable batteries have a self discharge-rate because of the chemistry involved?
If so, then they would discharge even if kept unassembled

best thing to do is to recharge between sessions

friedbanana8,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Hey uh to all those who stepped up to help me out last weekend I really appreciate it, this forum "IS" the kind of customer service that our future's going to be made of. We gotta take documentation seriously website's gotta point costumer's this way you can't assume were apart of the culture.

But on a happier note all round, everything is working perfectly now! I can't believe something as simply as holding down a button for 45 seconds while dry a couple of times can make or break a user's experience. It didn't help I was trying to quit combustion after more than half my life and vape was looking dismal as a true satisfying replacement for a leather lung.

Thank you for pushing my button's on the e-juice subject, I'm shocked at how out of touch I am and fixed in my ways. I didn't even know it was illegal in canada, but I'm happy to have a face that attacks "would you like some under the table" whenever im told something isn't available.

I'm a bigtime spliffman I almost never smoke straight herb, BUT you can wet you herb with ejuice and the Herc just tares it up. I maybe smoke around 7 weekdays 20 on weekends, I can't remember the last time I coughed and felt that sweet sweet head rush. Whoa man i'm sold on why the 3.7 is for herb once it get's really cooking, I got that rookie watery lip glossy eyed cough I haven't seen in years.

I've learned so many things just from the door's the persei open's up for the "do it your selfish" type. I was vaping in the yard with my ducks and asked the neighbour about hash because im trying to lay off the smoking. He said I'll have a couple of garbage bags of trim for you in 3 weeks!

This distilling and recovering the alcohol is blowing my mind, I can finally take all that glass back out of the box and put it to work. I'm gearing up for extracting my own tobacco flavoring out of my own 5 pound stash of kentucky select. I've really learned allot about medical marijuana's real life down to earth benefit's to real people. I watched that mother straining cannabis juice for her 7 year old with leukemia and said I gotta do this for people. No mr smokey oh i got anxiety and i don't wanna read a book about it or get basic help I just wanna smoke. But for all the people who's main job in life is living with suffering.

Anyways I'm just feeling grateful, I don't want somebody cruising the forum's looking for reason's to slam a product and not get the full story and the happy ending.
So happy to hear this, thanks for the feedback!!!!!

BLAZING OG,

druminfected

Just got the nibbler x , as well as a bunch of other things, but can't find instructions on the nibbler x. Using it wasn't a problem but when I pull the nibbler x off of the cart water leaked into the cart when doing so. Is there a special way to remove the nibbler from the cart?

I had to send my old persei in to get upgraded, and can't use some things I got but oh we'll the omicron will do till then. I'm still blown away from the awesome customer service d9v provides year after year. Props!

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Just got the nibbler x , as well as a bunch of other things, but can't find instructions on the nibbler x. Using it wasn't a problem but when I pull the nibbler x off of the cart water leaked into the cart when doing so. Is there a special way to remove the nibbler from the cart?

I had to send my old persei in to get upgraded, and can't use some things I got but oh we'll the omicron will do till then. I'm still blown away from the awesome customer service d9v provides year after year. Props!

I believe someone posted earlier about that suction issue. Apparently if you remove the NX entirely it happens, but if you keep the bottom ring on it doesn't. I also hear it doesn't need a lot of water so be careful there.

We definitely need a definitive NX post.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If it works out I'll set you up with an stl file. This one should print fine on a typical rep-rap machine, I didn't print it on mine since it is down for upgrades right now and I wanted to see how it would come out from shapeways.

How about a IGES file?
STL is what you need?

What program do you use?

I design in RHINO 3D with attachments like TSPLINE and FLAMINGO.

ataxian,
Reactions: Atomsk

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Fingers crossed for no leaks.
Waxygoodness:
.5 of Sour Primo - 2.4 ohm
.5 of Silver Pearl - 5.0 ohm
.5 of Confidential Cheese - 5.0 ohm
The taste is SUPREME every... damn... time... and those 5.0s are NO JOKE - Thanks for all the tips errrbody.
...and the thing just looks so damn classy...
I haven't had a leak since I stop putting PG in the carts.
I also learned to love WAX.
My current WAX is PURE OG (TASTY SMOOTH VAPOR)
Your right about the look.
I love the SSL KIT with the PERSEI. (My first one is RED)
The BLACK SS KIT I received Tuesday is still unopened. (2nd one)
I'm afraid to open the package as I need to finish my SMA.
Currently 3 days behind.
It's totally my fault as I keep finding things to improve.
I need to just finish it and move on.
The WAX is intended for the HERCULES.
Had to break into it.
Today I'm just going to load up a fresh cart set up in my new black SHORTY!
I have been doing FLOWERS mainly however with the construction project I have no time to set up the BENDER. The NIBBLER is first on my list once I have the floor padding installed.

After just medicating with some WAX I feel much better.
If you need to medicate the PERSEI does a good job!

Glad your enjoying the PERSEI!
Let the adventure begin!

Top Bottom