Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

BeEazy

I'm new to oil what type of oil is this? I know is hash oil is hash oil consider a wax?

BeEazy,

OF

I'm new to oil what type of oil is this? I know is hash oil is hash oil consider a wax?

God questions, although I don't think there's enough information to answer the first.

I'd say in general waxes are oils at higher temperatures. Some of what's sold for wax is really oil with a whole lot of air whipped into it, like the head on a beer it's not really solid but kind of liquid 'frozen in time'. Sometimes there's other stuff whipped in there with it, which can be a problem.

If the idea is 'what should I get for Omicron carts for my Persei?' I'm not sure that matters, really as long as it's clean? Waxes load and work just fine if they're good quality. The same guidelines count. Go for lighter colors that melt easily and flow freely then evaporate cleanly off foil when heated from below. That's where the best results are found.

My bet is the oil shown will work fine, but it's a guess until tested.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have used Pure Gold one time.
Other than that ALL I have used has been Full Melt!
I used crumble wax.... Putty.. Earwax.. and hard chunks of crumble and shatter.
Never had a problem, and have not had a clog that does not clear immediately in a year~

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Does anyone else notice that carts clog really quickly with a drip tip. I used a cart with a silicone mouthpiece and it seems to catch so much less oil at the air flue and clog much less. I am not sure, could be its partially how I am hitting it.... The silicone mouth pieces get much more fragrant so I carry them in doob tubes, but they seem to function much better over the drip tips that came with the 5ohm carts.

OF

Never had a problem, and have not had a clog that does not clear immediately in a year~

As usual, The Sage of the High Desert has excellent experience based wisdom to offer.

I would like to point out, however, that lack of clogs is only half the story. The cart can foul out in the reservoir as all the good stuff melts and feeds leaving the junk behind to plug up the feed system. The heater just runs dry with a full tank and you have to scrap it out.

"Full Melt" is often a label put on sub standard goods to cover the fact that there's still solids in it. Yes, it melts fully, and flows OK but 'there's sand in the water'. Supermelts, OTOH, have no solids (if correctly defined?). To work with the system it all has to melt, get fed through the wicks and vape cleanly away.

Unlike the Brother, I've had "Full Melt" and "Taffy" hashes (top shelf stuff from premiere Dispensaries) foul out carts on the feed side. One was a $50 gram that came with highest recommendations from a Bud Tender that sure sounded like she knew her stuff. I was younger then. They won't catch me on that one again. Not to mention I lost a ten dollar cart each time and 1/5 gram of the goods trapped inside it.

Go for light stuff that melts and flows freely and vapes off clean over what it looks like or what physical form it's in at room temperature. My advice also includes stocking up when you find a good one if the price is right. I've still got a few grams of some really nice Sour Diesel wax from a while back that were $30 a gram. Not to worry, not only are they sure to be used in due time, but they turn out to be an excellent investment.....known good at what today would be an outstanding value if you could only buy them.

OF

OF,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Does anyone else notice that carts clog really quickly with a drip tip. I used a cart with a silicone mouthpiece and it seems to catch so much less oil at the air flue and clog much less. I am not sure, could be its partially how I am hitting it.... The silicone mouth pieces get much more fragrant so I carry them in doob tubes, but they seem to function much better over the drip tips that came with the 5ohm carts.
I hate the drip tips, and only use the silicone!

DubCRider

What hercules is best for Flowers? 7.4v or 3.7? I think I need to buy both! Was thinking about getting the 3.7v hurc cause it will work with my SS, but I heard mixed reviews on hit quality on 3.7 v for flowers. Should I pick up the 3.7 or wait to get the new one? Thanks

This is very subjective and depends on your needs/limitations.

3.7v Herc- only does flower. It takes about 45seconds to heat up and produce vapor. Can be used on Omicron V2.X or Persei at 3.7v.

7.4v Herc- does flower or oil. It takes about 10seconds to heat up and produce vape(with flower). It takes 45seconds to produce vapor with oil. Can only be used on Persei.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
As usual, The Sage of the High Desert has excellent experience based wisdom to offer.

I've still got a few grams of some really nice Sour Diesel wax from a while back that were $30 a gram. Not to worry, not only are they sure to be used in due time, but they turn out to be an excellent investment.....known good at what today would be an outstanding value if you could only buy them.

OF
$30 is a deal long gone.
$55 is today's price.

ataxian,

OF

$30 is a deal long gone.
$55 is today's price.

Yup, same wax came by again a few months back at $35, I cleaned out the last four. There are some good values out there if you recognize them and can move in time, they tend to not last long. The same Dispensary has some interesting looking 'sub $45 grams':
http://www.sjwellness.com/cgi/comme...Templates/Your_Skin/HTN/SearchResult-con.html

Despite the color (looks darker in the photo than real life), "The Cookies" oil is really nice IMO as well.

One of my other favorite places to leave money also has some tasty choices in the $35 to $45 range:
http://elementalwellnesscenter.com/menu/index.php

They also run routine short term sales that knock another five or more bucks off. More over, you can reserve them for pickup within 24 hours so you don't get there to find the cupboard bare:
http://elementalwellnesscenter.com/specials/

No doubt about it, some of us have better resources than others. Lucky for us over time that seems to be getting better. I'm also a big CBD fan, looks like there's a few interesting offerings there to consider.....

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I hate the drip tips, and only use the silicone!
I just took one of my first carts and brought it back from the dead!
It had amazing flavor. This was the first cart of the 5 pack of 2.4's that "OF" recommended I start with.
The comfort is nice with a 2.4 cart.
I hate to stress.

The tip was a silicone and I like it a lot!

It looks like this cart needs a 0.18 load of some INDICA BRITTLE

Mondays are good!

k3nd4l

does the 2.4 carts come w. a new tip !? or am I stuck w. the original tip that comes with the 5ohm carts
also are the aluminum tips that come w. the persei the drip tips that were mentioned as clogging a few posts up ?

also for the full melt question I ended up going w. blue dream bho oil over the full melt after reading the responses. the full melt was only 27 and black while the bho was golden wax and on sale for $35. so now I have blue dream bho and og kush bho + 2 2.4 carts & the SS kit on the way

k3nd4l,

OF

does the 2.4 carts come w. a new tip !?

also for the full melt question I ended up going w. blue dream bho oil over the full melt after reading the responses. the full melt was only 27 and black while the bho was golden wax and on sale for $35. so now I have blue dream bho and og kush bho + 2 2.4 carts & the SS kit on the way

Yes, a new MP with each Omicron cart. Depending on the oil they can get kinda 'used'......

Sounds like a couple of top choices, both of them personal favorites. I have loaded carts with each right here next to the computer. Had some of the OG last night in fact, it's still on the battery. I might even have a taste or two more before putting it back in storage.

Well done, IMO. Enjoyment starts real soon.

OF

OF,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
I just took one of my first carts and brought it back from the dead!
It had amazing flavor. This was the first cart of the 5 pack of 2.4's that "OF" recommended I start with.
The comfort is nice with a 2.4 cart.
I hate to stress.

The tip was a silicone and I like it a lot!

It looks like this cart needs a 0.18 load of some INDICA BRITTLE

Mondays are good!

West wick near ml measurements

adapter and ce4 separate (bottom)

1.1ml and wet wick

Second wet wick

About a guitar pick sized gap (pick wont fit in gap and its maybe a .5/.7 pick) between base of ce4 and adapter

Again, 0 vapor production.

Porquiplane,

k3nd4l

Yes, a new MP with each Omicron cart. Depending on the oil they can get kinda 'used'......

Sounds like a couple of top choices, both of them personal favorites. I have loaded carts with each right here next to the computer. Had some of the OG last night in fact, it's still on the battery. I might even have a taste or two more before putting it back in storage.

Well done, IMO. Enjoyment starts real soon.

OF
do they come w. the silicone mouthpiece or just the regular aluminum ?

& yea both those choices sounded best as I liked the flower so I figured I'd like concentrates from em. unfortunately it looks like ill be waiting a while though because planetvape is a 6day shipping & delta9 didn't ship my order today even though there page says ships same day

EDIT: nevermind sent a MSG to customer service on delta9. they responded back in under 3 minutes assuring me my order would be sent out by the end of the day

k3nd4l,
Reactions: OF

TommydCat

So anyone using the 6V configuration or the 3.0 and/or 4.0 ohm cartridges? So far I'm reading it's all about the 2.4 ohm carts, but must say I've had better luck with the the 1.5's and 5.0's...

TommydCat,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So anyone using the 6V configuration or the 3.0 and/or 4.0 ohm cartridges? So far I'm reading it's all about the 2.4 ohm carts, but must say I've had better luck with the the 1.5's and 5.0's...
I do the 6.0 set with a 5.0 cart with no problem.
My all time favorite cart and battery wise is a AW IMR 18650 and a 2.4V cart.
Looking at both Flavor and Effect profiles.
Now I have gotten really medicated with the 2 x 18350's & the 5.0 carts.
The flavor suffered IMO however I was in a self induced coma.
I have not tried the 1.5 carts!

ataxian,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

West wick near ml measurements

adapter and ce4 separate (bottom)

1.1ml and wet wick

Second wet wick

About a guitar pick sized gap (pick wont fit in gap and its maybe a .5/.7 pick) between base of ce4 and adapter

Again, 0 vapor production.
Now I just check out my set up of the PURE GOLD and it works amazing.
I hope you did not get a dud?
Are there any SMOKE SHOPS near by that sell CARTOMIZERS?
On line you can get one and you have the adapter so your good to go other than the messy job of recovering the PG for transfer.
Maybe someone else has a better ideal?

ataxian,

OF

do they come w. the silicone mouthpiece or just the regular aluminum ?

The silicone one. That's the one you wanted, right?

I'm not sure I know anyone that uses the metal ones. If you really want them, they clean easily (don't stain over time like the silicone ones do).

OF

OF,

k3nd4l

The silicone one. That's the one you wanted, right?

I'm not sure I know anyone that uses the metal ones. If you really want them, they clean easily (don't stain over time like the silicone ones do).

OF
yes the silicone is definitely the one I want. getting dirty shouldn't be a problem as long as they can slightly clean and ill have the doob tubes to contain the smell

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

pg-shorty_zpsfb590c49.jpg
Running low but it's still producing Vapor with PG (Sweet Flavor)
I just put in a 2.4V cart with BRITTLE WAX (Rich Flavor)

ataxian,

Jayslc

Hey guys my new persei out of box light won't turn on unless a cart is screwed in is this normal?

Jayslc,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

Vito all those things you mention are butane extracts which are different forms not at least what G and most of the cali people call full melt. Full melt is a water extract and has more plant matter and will clog cartridges... I think there is some terminology confusion going on here....

So I have yet to see anyone post here having success with cold water extracts in omicron carts...

EDIT: Just saw OF's post and I agree.

$30 is a deal long gone.
$55 is today's price.

Not necessarily here in Norcal. Lots of San Jose Clubs like La Vie, ARC, Imedz, & Revolution always have $30 and $35 waxes.

CHAI which is the best club I've ever been too has at least two waxes on sale for $30 out the door and the $40 for everything else. all lab tested.

http://www.capitolahealers.com/uploads/Specials_and_Concentrates.pdf

Their Flowers though are why trek to Santa Cruz quite often.

Even Elemental Wellness (very expensive for flowers but great hash) still has $35 waxes and shatters on the menu.

http://elementalwellnesscenter.com/menu/index.php

ru_frothi,

Jayslc

3.7v Herc- only does flower. It takes about 45seconds to heat up and produce vapor. Can be used on Omicron V2.X or Persei at 3.7v.

7.4v Herc- does flower or oil. It takes about 10seconds to heat up and produce vape(with flower). It takes 45seconds to produce vapor with oil. Can only be used on Persei. Thanks. So do I have to get both hurc's? Cause I want to be able to use my ss kit with hurc?

Jayslc,

Jayslc

7.4v Herc- does flower or oil. It takes about 10seconds to heat up and produce vape(with flower). It takes 45seconds to produce vapor with oil. Can only be used on Persei.

So do I have to get 2 hurc's? Since I want to use one with my ss kit that only goes to 3.7? But I would like the 7.4 hurc for the punch

Jayslc,
Top Bottom