Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Going to the greater LA area today for a concentrate pick up, anyone on the board have a recommendation for either brands to buy or dispensaries to visit?

So far I've got my sights set on TerpX, Loompa Farms, and Crown Extracts in terms of brand and am going to the 710 Club and Alpine Caregivers.

thats the one thats like $55 on delta9 right ?
i saw that but didnt understand the concept fully.
How much smaller does it make the vape and do you loose much noticeable power? stealth with hits isnt a problem i can just walk around my parking lot. its the smell when im done and have to come back inside that im worried about.. do you own any of those doob tubes ?

do you guys recommend the derlin mouthpiece or will i be satisfied w. the one the kit comes with

I've been sufficiently medicated since getting my Persei, so you won't be disappointed, I think.

The kit is basically a set of tubes to replace the regular Persei body that has the rotating battery plate. When ataxian says "SHORTY" he's talking about the smallest tube which will fit one 18350 battery. There is a medium that will fit the larger 18650. Both set ups are for use at 3.7v. Effectively, the shortest tube cuts about 1/3 of the size and makes it fit in the palm of your hand, so there's a greater stealth element with the smallest tube. Most people who see me using it just assume it's an e-cig, whereas those who see the full Persei think I'm taking some crazy ashtma medication (also correct ;]).

Not to mention that, if you buy the kit, you'll have 3 Persei body tubes and two head units, so you can have a permanent home set up and a permanent on-the-go set up, that is to say, two working units.

There's no power loss. You operate at one of the three volt levels (3.7, 6, 7.2), so it's a conscious decision just to have a smaller sized unit operating at 3.7v. Most people here will tell you to stick with 3.7v and 2.4ohms carts. I've been doing so with great success, although after mastering it in a day I moved on to a 5ohm cart that treats me very well so long as I do the same for it.

You'll be satisfied with the mouth tips that come with. They don't get noticeably hot unless you're using the 5ohms wrong.

My suggestion for any new comer to this unit is to get a water-filtration set up or food grade tubing to connect to the cartridge. It's been hard just feeling for the correct level of suction, doing either of the two will help you by giving you a visual of vapor production.

I'll post my simple water-filter set up later. Was all of about $10 dollars and has helped me make the most of the Persei.

Atomsk,

k3nd4l

I've been sufficiently medicated since getting my Persei, so you won't be disappointed, I think.

The kit is basically a set of tubes to replace the regular Persei body that has the rotating battery plate. When ataxian says "SHORTY" he's talking about the smallest tube which will fit one 18350 battery. There is a medium that will fit the larger 18650. Both set ups are for use at 3.7v. Effectively, the shortest tube cuts about 1/3 of the size and makes it fit in the palm of your hand, so there's a greater stealth element with the smallest tube. Most people who see me using it just assume it's an e-cig, whereas those who see the full Persei think I'm taking some crazy ashtma medication (also correct ;]).

There's no power loss. You operate at one of the three volt levels (3.7, 6, 7.2), so it's a conscious decision just to have a smaller sized unit operating at 3.7v. Most people here will tell you to stick with 3.7v and 2.4ohms carts. I've been doing so with great success, although after mastering it in a day I moved on to a 5ohm cart that treats me very well so long as I do the same for it.

You'll be satisfied with the mouth tips that come with. They don't get noticeably hot unless you're using the 5ohms wrong.

My suggestion for any new comer to this unit is to get a water-filtration set up or food grade tubing to connect to the cartridge. It's been hard just feeling for the correct level of suction, doing either of the two will help you by giving you a visual of vapor production.

I'll post my simple water-filter set up later. Was all of about $10 dollars and has helped me make the most of the Persei.

Oh so the kit comes with 2 different sizes? i like the idea of the smallest one being able to fit in the palm of my hand. How big is the full size persei ? are there any pictures of it beside a ruler/sharpie to get an idea also any pics of the shorty next to either of those? looks like i have another purchase to go make now.

and yea with all this stuff about the 5ohm im pretty sure ill just stick to the 2.4 , id rather choose a nice flavor and have to take a hit or 2 xtra rather than deal with worrying about messing up, hot mouthpiece, nasty taste, running out of herb faster

k3nd4l,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Oh so the kit comes with 2 different sizes? i like the idea of the smallest one being able to fit in the palm of my hand. How big is the full size persei ? are there any pictures of it beside a ruler/sharpie to get an idea also any pics of the shorty next to either of those? looks like i have another purchase to go make now.

and yea with all this stuff about the 5ohm im pretty sure ill just stick to the 2.4 , id rather choose a nice flavor and have to take a hit or 2 xtra rather than deal with worrying about messing up, hot mouthpiece, nasty taste, running out of herb faster

Here is requested pic from a user on the board:
photo8vo.jpg

This doesn't picture the medium tube, which is about half an inch shorter than the regular body. The most popular thing I've been seeing is dual-top + short tube for a stealth option that packs a wallop.

As for the 5ohm, while it is a good idea to steer away as you're learning the bare basics, once you have the technique down you get really easy, noticeable results from it. I say when you decide to try them you should definitely follow OF's advice on weighing them out, because even at .2g those carts spit vapor like a dragon. Very hard to tell when you're running low, if'n you ain't got yerself a scale. Also for the first few tries on a 5ohm, only hold for about 1.5-2 seconds. When you get more of an idea on how to keep the cart from overheating then lean on the button a little more, but not a lot more. I tend to use the 5 for more thick oils. Shatters that would otherwise be difficult to prime at 3.7, etc. It's really about matching your oil consistency to the right power and ohm set up.

k3nd4l

Here is requested pic from a user on the board:
photo8vo.jpg

This doesn't picture the medium tube, which is about half an inch shorter than the regular body. The most popular thing I've been seeing is dual-top + short tube for a stealth option that packs a wallop.

As for the 5ohm, while it is a good idea to steer away as you're learning the bare basics, once you have the technique down you get really easy, noticeable results from it. I say when you decide to try them you should definitely follow OF's advice on weighing them out, because even at .2g those carts spit vapor like a dragon. Very hard to tell when you're running low, if'n you ain't got yerself a scale. Also for the first few tries on a 5ohm, only hold for about 1.5-2 seconds. When you get more of an idea on how to keep the cart from overheating then lean on the button a little more, but not a lot more. I tend to use the 5 for more thick oils. Shatters that would otherwise be difficult to prime at 3.7, etc. It's really about matching your oil consistency to the right power and ohm set up.

k definitely buying the ss kit right now. That double top idea looks awesome too. i only ordered 1 2.4 though so it looks like im going to have to hold off on that. i have a scale that goes .01 up too 100g so weighing out shouldnt be a problem. how long should i hold the button at 3.7 - 2.4ohm ?

k3nd4l,

OF

That double top idea looks awesome too. i only ordered 1 2.4 though so it looks like im going to have to hold off on that. i have a scale that goes .01 up too 100g so weighing out shouldnt be a problem. how long should i hold the button at 3.7 - 2.4ohm ?

Cool. I wouldn't rush right into the double cart idea. To do it justice you need to get both running identically and to do a good job at that you need to learn to do it with one first. You'll know when you're ready.

You might want to order a couple more carts, though......

That scale should do fine, but consider it's not going to be very useful tracking your use really. You'll be getting several solid hits per .01.... You'll have to do like 20 or 30 hits just to get a useful measure, tough job, hope you're up to it.

After the cart is primed and running you can 'chain hit' 2.4s when you learn to control them. You can run them enough to fill big glass pieces easily if you're careful of how you shut them down. As a start I'd say 6 or 8 seconds is a big one? Lots of hits are a quick few seconds and a gulp of fresh air chaser for me.

Play with it some, it'll show you what works better than what. The 2.4 gives you time to sort through it, with the big guys by the time you realize something's not right you're skidding sideways toward the ditch. And that's when you aren't cooking the taste out of the goods. For a strictly medical heavy dose all costs or the cloud obsessed IMO, but you get to decide that for yourself too.

Best wishes,

OF

BeEazy

I'm excited!

just couple a question i'm trying to get this right correct me if im wrong :)

after weighting a empty cartridge when loading heat the middle, top, and then the fill tube that hold the oil with .5 of oil?

Before loading what should I clean the cartridge with?

one cartridge last up to 5-7 gram loading .5 at a time?

In order to make the persei shorter a SS kit have to be purchased?
If yes do that mean I have to purchase SS cartomizer or could I Still use the normal 2.4ohm cart?

Inhale first then hit the blue button for 2-3 second until visible vapor then drop it down to 1-2?

Attachment wise

Defiantly purchase a few 2.4ohm cartridges, Hercules herb/oil chamber, and doob tubes.

Thats all for now Thanks

BeEazy,

k3nd4l

yea I only ordered one since I figured I already spent $200 on it I'd like to at least make sure I love the idea of concentrates before I splurge on it. the way i look at it right now is if something goes wrong w. the 2.4 and I need another one the wait won't matter since I have to wait for the oil anyways

also for the scale part I planned on refilling by .2/.3 whenever my scale showed .3 rather than .2 so I at least have a little room for error

Cool. I wouldn't rush right into the double cart idea. To do it justice you need to get both running identically and to do a good job at that you need to learn to do it with one first. You'll know when you're ready.

You might want to order a couple more carts, though......

That scale should do fine, but consider it's not going to be very useful tracking your use really. You'll be getting several solid hits per .01.... You'll have to do like 20 or 30 hits just to get a useful measure, tough job, hope you're up to it.

After the cart is primed and running you can 'chain hit' 2.4s when you learn to control them. You can run them enough to fill big glass pieces easily if you're careful of how you shut them down. As a start I'd say 6 or 8 seconds is a big one? Lots of hits are a quick few seconds and a gulp of fresh air chaser for me.

Play with it some, it'll show you what works better than what. The 2.4 gives you time to sort through it, with the big guys by the time you realize something's not right you're skidding sideways toward the ditch. And that's when you aren't cooking the taste out of the goods. For a strictly medical heavy dose all costs or the cloud obsessed IMO, but you get to decide that for yourself too.

Best wishes,

OF

k3nd4l,
Reactions: OF

Alevin

Yo guys is there anyone that can write up a short paragraph long instruction for using the 7.4 herc w oil. Should i be lightly puffing while it heats up? If not, how long do i hold the button down for? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Adam

Alevin,

OF

after weighting a empty cartridge when loading heat the middle, top, and then the fill tube that hold the oil with .5 of oil?

Before loading what should I clean the cartridge with?

one cartridge last up to 5-7 gram loading .5 at a time?

In order to make the persei shorter a SS kit have to be purchased?
If yes do that mean I have to purchase SS cartomizer or could I Still use the normal 2.4ohm cart?

Inhale first then hit the blue button for 2-3 second until visible vapor then drop it down to 1-2?

Attachment wise

Defiantly purchase a few 2.4ohm cartridges, Hercules herb/oil chamber, and doob tubes.

Thats all for now Thanks

Slow down. Yes, weigh the carts first. Then follow the loading instructions (D9 site), you're close there but a bit off. No need to clean it, it comes cleaned in a little envelope, take it out, fill it and enjoy. No, maybe 6 fills, 3 grams on average? Depends mostly on what you feed it and a bit on how you treat it. Yes, the SS kit has a shorter body tube you shift from 18650 to 18350 so you are 30mm shorter for it. The carts are all the same length no matter, one size fits all. No I'd suggest hitting it a few seconds at first then follow your nose to longer hits. Just stay sharp as you do, you'll learn how to make then clear plugs along the way. Don't do what you're doing right now, grab a quick plot off some clown on the web and expect it to work for you. General guidelines will work, a script won't.

You're on your own for the Hercules.

I think that's quite enough for one post, actually, but your turn.

Yer welcome.

OF

OF,
Reactions: BeEazy

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
wow that's great. my persei tracking info says it should be here tomorrow
my oil should be here by Wednesday
all I need now is the 2.4 cart & doob tubes from planetvape. any idea on how long there shipping takes ?
The good thing about Planet Vapes is they process orders fast.
I love their service!

ataxian,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
I have a lot of FLOWERS however I have to be stealth like you.
With the PERSEI I can medicate low key.
If you can afford it I really like the SHORTY that comes in the SS kit.
Very nice size wise with plenty of power for those walks with the dog.
This is my PARK setup with PG. I have a 2.4 cart loaded up as well.
DELTA NINE has the 2.4V cartimizers that come with the adapters.
I like your Ideal of the DOOB TUBES to put the carts in.
See which battery you like best.
I like the 3.0V for PG and the AW18350 IMR 3.7V for waxes. (I use the two on the right)
There will be those that see it differently however this is my way of medicating effectively!
E-JuiceCart01__72003_zoom.jpg

18350_zpsc90271a6.jpg

short-pg_zps6c3a9f1c.jpg

How much do you load up per time on the cartomizer. just got the 2.5 ohmer and put one PG in and its barely functioning. Filled up about .6ml with that one.

Porquiplane,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
How much do you load up per time on the cartomizer. just got the 2.5 ohmer and put one PG in and its barely functioning. Filled up about .6ml with that one.
Make sure the connection is solid.
Try the AW18350.
0.5 first load works well.
I usually load up a gram and maintain the level.
the one I'm using now is about 2 months old.
I'm going to take a few rips of PG right now and see whats going on?

ataxian,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Make sure the connection is solid.
Try the AW18350.
0.5 first load works well.
I usually load up a gram and maintain the level.
the one I'm using now is about 2 months old.
I'm going to take a few rips of PG right now and see whats going on?

Does it feed off the bottom? Cause heres the issue seen, you fill it, it sits on the bottom, once it gets below X.Xml it wont be feeding anymore and you will just have a good x.xml of PG just sitting in the bottom.

True or nay?

Porquiplane,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Does it feed off the bottom? Cause heres the issue seen, you fill it, it sits on the bottom, once it gets below X.Xml it wont be feeding anymore and you will just have a good x.xml of PG just sitting in the bottom.

True or nay?
Are the wicks wet?
Tilt it and make them wet.
It won't work if the wicks are dry.

ataxian,

k3nd4l

well just realized planetvape says 6-9 days for shipping. SOO decided what the heck and bought the black SS and another 2.4 cart from delta9 since its "usps priority"

k3nd4l,

Zooted

Yo guys is there anyone that can write up a short paragraph long instruction for using the 7.4 herc w oil. Should i be lightly puffing while it heats up? If not, how long do i hold the button down for? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Adam

How I do it (not necessarily the best way, just how I do it): Put a hit or 2 worth of oil into the chamber, I try to melt it in and land it in the middle, not sure if this makes any difference but I am OCD. Then you press the button down for a while, you will start to hear some bubble popping noises this is good. Shortly after the popping sound you will hear a hiss. This, I believe, is the oil making contact with the heating element. At this point you can start your draw. Breath slow but not too slow, you should be able to hear your draw. Take a nice long drag if you can and release the button before your lungs have reached max capacity so you can run a bit of cooler air through the Herc. This can be done ~1-4 times depending how much oil was put in. It is not necessarily the most efficient way to medicate but it can provide monstrous hits on the go which is exactly why I got it. I have found with the 7.4 Herc it stops working once the batteries drop below 7.0 or so, I strongly recommend having 2 sets of batteries to minimize down time.

k3nd4l

Wondering if Honeycomb crumble wax will work ? thinking about ordering it now since i will have 2 carts that can be filled

k3nd4l,

k3nd4l

Crumbled, Brittle, Budder if it will melt it will load.
Think Blond in color.

haha think blonde in color doesnt really help me. when isaid ive never used concentrates before i should clarify and say ive never even SEEN concentrates before. my delivery will be the first time both seeing and trying a concentrate.

and anything that will melt !? i was going to purchase a full melt wax before but decided not too because another site said this about the persei
  • 02 Extracts - Limited feedback here but these seem to be more difficult to prime.
  • Shatter Glass - often very difficult to prime. might take a while.
  • ISO Extracts - variable. some users with bad luck and some with great success.
  • Full Melt - DONT USE - Will Clog Cartridge

k3nd4l,
haha think blonde in color doesnt really help me. when isaid ive never used concentrates before i should clarify and say ive never even SEEN concentrates before. my delivery will be the first time both seeing and trying a concentrate.

and anything that will melt !? i was going to purchase a full melt wax before but decided not too because another site said this about the persei
  • 02 Extracts - Limited feedback here but these seem to be more difficult to prime.
  • Shatter Glass - often very difficult to prime. might take a while.
  • ISO Extracts - variable. some users with bad luck and some with great success.
  • Full Melt - DONT USE - Will Clog Cartridge

As many times mentioned by our sage OF, the "foil test" is a good simple method. If you put a bit on some foil and heat from below, it should completely evaporate leaving no or very, very little residue. Anything else will foul the wick quickly.

ISO extracts with lots of chlorophyll appear greenish when spread thin and often foul carts quickly. Oils vary greatly, but waxes can often be judged simply by color - anything near white or light yellow is probably just fine - darker waxes are sometime OK, but sometimes not, I find "taffy" and "budder" not worth the effort over oil, or "honeycomb" or "shatter", etc.
Simply, the semi-solids are more difficult than either solid or liquid concentrates, at least for me (though they do work well in the 7.4 Hercules, where I have trouble with many oils).

I use mostly thins oils. Often they are ethanol extracts, but usually BHO. I find most ISO is not well done, though it certainly can be. Waxes, for me, are a treat - cost *much* more, often but not always taste better and are also usually somewhat more potent.

-NDA

Jayslc

What hercules is best for Flowers? 7.4v or 3.7? I think I need to buy both! Was thinking about getting the 3.7v hurc cause it will work with my SS, but I heard mixed reviews on hit quality on 3.7 v for flowers. Should I pick up the 3.7 or wait to get the new one? Thanks

Jayslc,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Are the wicks wet?
Tilt it and make them wet.
It won't work if the wicks are dry.

They are wet, filled with 2 PGs, absolutely no vapor. Got a small amount of vapor at some point after loading first cart. Held the button down for 20 seconds while inhaling and no vapor. But when the button was held without inhaling (for all of 4 seconds, because its a no-no) it produce some small amount of gnarly tasting "smoke"/"vapor". Tasted like something was burnt. And obviously with 2 PGs in there, whatever should be wet is wet and should be functioning, unless too wet or maybe it has to sit??? Not working at all, yet...

Jayslc: Any luck with your CE4 setup? Yours and PG are probably NEAR the same consistency...

Porquiplane,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
They are wet, filled with 2 PGs, absolutely no vapor. Got a small amount of vapor at some point after loading first cart. Held the button down for 20 seconds while inhaling and no vapor. But when the button was held without inhaling (for all of 4 seconds, because its a no-no) it produce some small amount of gnarly tasting "smoke"/"vapor". Tasted like something was burnt. And obviously with 2 PGs in there, whatever should be wet is wet and should be functioning, unless too wet or maybe it has to sit??? Not working at all, yet...

Jayslc: Any luck with your CE4 setup? Yours and PG are probably NEAR the same consistency...
Can you take a picture of your adapter insides and post it?
I had one come apart and not make contact once.
Mine hits hard and pure?
I hope it''s not fried?

ataxian,
Top Bottom