1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by THC SCIENTIFIC, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Darb

Darb Well-Known Member

Nice! I hope mine is there today after work. Usually takes two weeks or so to get delta9 packages for me.

Bob Loblaw likes this.
  2. mrmojo62

mrmojo62 Active Member

well i got my iris yesterday.

it IS the shit.

you can now overclock your carts. i've been running a 1.5 ohm cart at 3.8-4.1 volts and get nothing but clouds.

its really a beautiful thing.

in my opinion, this is much more important and much better realized than the hercules. i really want the herc to work, but its still a couple of iterations away from beta imo while the iris has no glaring flaws or holes that i can see. i haven't been able to run a hercules on the iris because both of my bases broke off and the wires broke putting it back together. i hate it when that happens

the only things i would like for iris to do is handle two carts (which would be just insane!) and/or be able to handle more power to be able to do with 7.4 carts what i can do to 3.7 carts. what that would look like i have no idea (battery add-ons perhaps?) but i'm just drooling over the thought of a 5 ohm cart at 7.4+ volts! or the 7.4 v herc at 8v? oooooooo!!! ahhhhhhh!!!

i do wonder if there doesn't need to be some sort of speed bump in changing voltage from 7.4-3.5. i accidentally burned out a 1.5 ohm cart when it got changed to 7.4 and i'm not sure what i did, but it was user error.

David Nevers, OB and Bob Loblaw like this.
  3. BLAZING OG

BLAZING OG Vaping is a way of life!

That would be cool like 3 or 4 clicks for continuous on for bender and Herc/Hammer, ond 3-4 clicks to go back to momentary on for carts, love the easy feel of the iris power button!!!!:rockon:

mangok, Bob Loblaw, OB and 1 other person like this.
  4. tharealmclovin

tharealmclovin Well-Known Member

Ok...Got a little story and a tip for everyone.

When im traveling for work daily, i have my persei. So yesterday I'm at work walking around the office after my runs. Suddenly I feel a hot spot in my pocket. I have had an Omicron HVD lock on in my pocket before...Not fun.

Since I use my hammer top with my persei, I assumed that I left it in my pocket and it got turned on. I pay my pocket, NO PERSEI. Figure that's strange must just imagined it. 2 seconds later, hot pocket again. This time I reach in and see what's in there. I pull out cough drops, keys, change, and finally a burnt quarter that had to be 150 degrees.

Now my pocket is empty, atleast I thought so. I go back to work and I feel it again. I reach in and find a burning hot 18350 AW battery. I can barely hold it without getting burnt. The red casing came off the bottom half, so it exposed metal now and cooking rapidly. I quickly got rid of that battery.

So to conclude, I think that the battery made contact with the keys and change. Which led to what I believe was a rapid pocket discharge.

Everyone be careful. This is not a D9 issue. It was user error. Don't mix batteries in your pocket with other stuff. Now the bottom and top connections of the battery have black scrapes gouged in them.

5. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

have just tried using it while the display is off. looks like the voltage stays locked until the display is turned back on. this also seems to work while turning the device on and off. a step by step would be....
    turn device on.
    set to desired voltage.
    hold + and - down until lights go out.
    use device without worrying about changing the voltage.
    turn device off and or back on and voltage stays the same as well as display stays off.

this looks like a great fix for the voltage lock until they get the "speed bump" or stopping it from going around the clock for voltage which hopefully should be implemented with IRIS.2.

yea, they make little battery boxes (not sure if D9 started carrying them) that work great for such things. keep you and the batts safe

kindbeats, tharealmclovin and OF like this.
  6. tharealmclovin

tharealmclovin Well-Known Member

I actually have a few from PV. I usually
    Don't have batteries in my pocket. Atleast since I quit using my omicron. I had it in my car and kept forgetting it, so I put it in my pocket to remember. Bad move. LOL

Bob Loblaw likes this.
  7. ozzite

ozzite New Member

Hey all, quick question for everyone.

Got some new carts in the mail today after my last one died out. Wanted to pre-oxidize / check to make sure the heating element worked as per ( http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Persei#Pre-Oxidizing_Cartridges ) so I tested it out on 1 of the 5. I tried 2-3 times (2 seconds on at 3.7v, then wait 30 seconds), I never saw the heater glow red, but there was the faintest metallic smell.

So I guess a few question:

1) did I blow out the new cartridge?
    2) is the new cartridge doa?
    3) maybe it is my head that is dead and not the new or old cart?

I realize more info may be needed. I just wanted to make sure that my head / cart all worked before loading it up with concentrate.

thanks everyone!

8. ozzite

ozzite New Member

bla ignore this last post. did a little more reading in the thread. won't see a light at 3.7v and 5ohm. pulled out one of the 2.4o carts and see a faint glow. So I assume my head is fine.

Also looks like I shouldn't be pre-oxidizing the carts anymore? Seems like I will just fill em up and hope for the best :D

thanks again!

9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Glad you got that sorted out. Yes, I'd definitely advise not 'dry burning' carts for any reason, including pre-oxidizing. Guys seem to end up with leaking carts more often than they make anything better.

No need to fear loading. If you use reasonable concentrate (flows freely and evaporates cleanly from foil when heated by a lighter from below) and you fill carefully it seems to work 'every time'.

Load half a gram at first, don't add the other half of the gram until at least half of that is gone. That is it should feed down under .2 grams just fine with much less chance of leaks. Pay strict attention to the 'preheat the center of the cart' part of the loading instructions. This is the key. You want the tube hot so when the oil slides down it'll slide right past the center to the bottom. Remember, the concentrate will be 'barely melted' when it leaves the funnel, cool it even a bit and it'll freeze up leaving an air bubble trapped under it. This will prevent feeding.

In general, put the goods in the funnel, hold the bottom and keep rotating it. Your fingers are where the seals are. Heat the center until it starts to get 'pretty warm' (but not uncomfortable) at the bottom then move up to the funnel and melt it down in the next 30 seconds or so. If all goes well, you'll actually feel a rapid rise in heat at your fingertips from the hot oil making it to the bottom.

Once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

I'd definitley run those carts at 3.7 Volts until you master them. Too bad you didn't find us sooner and order 2.4 Ohms instead. Anything on 7.4 Volts is a guaranteed handful. For Power Users only, IMO. 5 Ohms at 7.4 is more powerful than 1.5s at 3.7 which most guys 'in the know' think are too powerful for new users. It's not even a logical 'next step more powerful'. So I'd keep in on 3.7 Volts until you can run it 'falling down drunk'. One slip up in timing and you can burn your oil or worse turn a good cart into a leaker.

Best wishes.

OF

braboftw and Bob Loblaw like this.
  10. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

Ya I ruined a MFLB battery on my keys in a similar way and let's just say its something I have only done once. I am sure the heat a shorted 18350 puts out is no joke :lol:

Bob Loblaw and tharealmclovin like this.
  11. Porquiplane

Porquiplane Look Into My Eyes

G, any developments with 1701s?

12. mangok

mangok Member

any news on the herc replacements?

Darb likes this.
  13. THC SCIENTIFIC

THC SCIENTIFIC Black Gold Manufacturer

Cant comment yet, but working on them.

we are 2-3 weeks behind.

mangok likes this.
  14. mangok

mangok Member

Thanks for the quick reply G

15. David Nevers

David Nevers Active Member

Hey i haven't checked the forums for a week and i just read up. I ordered the Iris previously the day it was available so would i be one of the customers to be recieving the Iris soon. I live in Santa Clarita, Ca so it should be delivered soon correct? Nvm figured out problem

16. David Nevers

also on my order status on my account it says the Iris was shipped to me October 19, 2012 but as i recall there were issues and none got shipped

17. MaDsCiEnTiSt22

MaDsCiEnTiSt22 Active Member

Order issues? You would be better off contacting D9 by phone or email.....

Bob Loblaw and OF like this.
  18. OB

OB Well-Known Member

Iris v2 vid on youtube looks sick. Cant wait g

kindbeats and Bob Loblaw like this.
  19. kindbeats

kindbeats Shatter Eyes can TH see you.

Well, I'm back from being banned (although nobody has explained why I was banned, which is a little frustrating to say the least) and am happy to report that my Iris arrived. I am saddened to report that it arrived broken. Its power button is completely jammed in and doesn't pop out. I opened a ticket on Monday at Delta9's site but I haven't gotten a response yet. G, any help you could offer?

Edit: By the way, I checked my spam folder as well. Nada.

20. THC SCIENTIFIC

THC SCIENTIFIC Black Gold Manufacturer

KB can you give me the ticket number so i can check?

21. David Nevers

that happened to me too, i left the batteries a while ago on my bed for my MFLB while hanging with this girl and we umm shook the bed a little with fun activities and the batteries rolled onto change and completely burnt out. It happens and just learn from the mistakes

mangok and Puffers like this.
  22. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

:rofl:

Candle light, aromatics goin, smooth music playing, she's all into it ready to do some bed shaking.........
    Hold on baby let me check for my Persei batts first!! :lol:

David Nevers likes this.
  23. r0me

r0me Active Member

I see that the Hercules was removed from the d9v site :( why is this

24. kindbeats

kindbeats Shatter Eyes can TH see you.

There were some fixes to the design that needed to be addressed. The outer cover is now going to be one piece of teflon and they're still working on a fix for an issue with the bases of the heater core not being fully sealed (hence eating the first .2 or so of oil you load). G says the replacement pieces are a few weeks out and that they're still working on the heater core issue.

25. braboftw

braboftw Member

hey guys so i was hitting some honey oil (which clogs far easier than budder but a pin up the bottom fixes that easily) and accidentally sucked to hard and got some oil in my mouth. What do you think the best remedy for that not happening again is? Should I stick a small ball of organic cotton down the barrel of the black little mouthpiece?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors