• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

nickzzzx

Sent in my Hercules heater to get it replaced with one that didn't steal my oil. Received a newer heater but the base has a small hole in it similar to what others have posted. I'm apprehensive to even put oil into it knowing it'll just be wasted. I think I will wait till G has found a fix to seal to the base before I run any more oil through the herc. I really want to use it, but living in a non med state makes things very expensive. I know G will make this right so I'm not worried, I just have to be patient.

SalamiCity

How does it steal your oi;?

Sent in my Hercules heater to get it replaced with one that didn't steal my oil. Received a newer heater but the base has a small hole in it similar to what others have posted. I'm apprehensive to even put oil into it knowing it'll just be wasted. I think I will wait till G has found a fix to seal to the base before I run any more oil through the herc. I really want to use it, but living in a non med state makes things very expensive. I know G will make this right so I'm not worried, I just have to be patient.

SalamiCity,

nickzzzx

How does it steal your oi;?
Because the base of the ceramic heater is not completely sealed with the stainless steal housing, when the oil gets heated not all of it will vaporize and some flows to the bottom of the heater where the base isn't sealed, causing it to get lost underneath. Some are saying .2-.3 gets lost. G knows about this issue and is working to fix it. Once this is fixed I will be happy to use it knowing I can vaporize everything I loaded.

nickzzzx,

dankd420

Because the base of the ceramic heater is not completely sealed with the stainless steal housing, when the oil gets heated not all of it will vaporize and some flows to the bottom of the heater where the base isn't sealed, causing it to get lost underneath. Some are saying .2-.3 gets lost. G knows about this issue and is working to fix it. Once this is fixed I will be happy to use it knowing I can vaporize everything I loaded.

In my opinion, after using the hercules for about a week now, its not really lost. Its more like a 'minimum load'. Just like the original omicron cartidges dont work when there is only .2 to .3 in the cartidge, the hercules also doesn't work well with only the last .2 to .3 in there. I think this makes the first few uses of the hercules a little disapointing because the tank only holds .2 to .3, so the first tank just isn't enough to get it all going. Once the hercules is nice and oiled up inside the loads last much longer. Basically your first few tanks help to 'coat' everythign in oil. That coating seems to weigh .2 or .3.

EDIT: should add, i felt exactly like you (oil just disapeared) when i first tried the herc. Being in an MMJ state though, basically i went out and bought 2g of cheap hash oil to test with so it wasn't so expensive to make mistakes. Now that i have a handle on it i dont mind loading with the good stuff, because i'm no longer worried about my nice expensive hash going to waste.

DankD

nickzzzx

In my opinion, after using the hercules for about a week now, its not really lost. Its more like a 'minimum load'. Just like the original omicron cartidges dont work when there is only .2 to .3 in the cartidge, the hercules also doesn't work well with only the last .2 to .3 in there. I think this makes the first few uses of the hercules a little disapointing because the tank only holds .2 to .3, so the first tank just isn't enough to get it all going. Once the hercules is nice and oiled up inside the loads last much longer. Basically your first few tanks help to 'coat' everythign in oil. That coating seems to weigh .2 or .3.

DankD
I understand what you're saying but this is not how the design was intended. Once G figures out how to seal the heater, it should be able to provide clouds from .2 out of the box. Not .5g later when the thing is saturated underneath.

Just did a test with a dropper of water. Dropped a few drops over the element and heated it up slightly. Saw bubbles which indicates water displacing the air beneath the element.

nickzzzx,
Reactions: OF

kittyboy

:tup: Lot of great feedback on the Hercules. good to have so many beta testers to work out the kinks. You can tell your grandkids you helped shape an industry one vape at a time. :myday:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
As soon as the "HERCULES" passes inspection the wax supply will be well stocked for proper medication.

ataxian,
Just got my Persei in the mail yesterday. I have been having great luck with it! Not having so much luck with flower in the Herc though. Anybody had really good luck with that yet? Also, I have been lurking around here for a little bit, trying to decide which vape to get. I decided to go with the Persei because of the wealth of knowledge available here, along with G being available on here to answer questions too. So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone!!!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Just got my Persei in the mail yesterday. I have been having great luck with it! Not having so much luck with flower in the Herc though. Anybody had really good luck with that yet? Also, I have been lurking around here for a little bit, trying to decide which vape to get. I decided to go with the Persei because of the wealth of knowledge available here, along with G being available on here to answer questions too. So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone!!!!
I love the 2.4 carts for all kinds of waxes.
The HERCULES is even more powerful.
I use waxes in it.

OF

Not having so much luck with flower in the Herc though. Anybody had really good luck with that yet?

Vitolo is having some luck with it a few minutes back on the Omicron thread, you might want to wonder over there.... Folks insisted on slicing the pie into lots of pieces, sometimes that makes it more confusing and awkward than it needs to be IMO.

I think the key will be mixing the load as it will want to burn close to the element before it gets to temperature toward the outside. In a way it's built backwards, it would be easier to control heating from the outside in as is more common.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vitolo
Vitolo is having some luck with it a few minutes back on the Omicron thread, you might want to wonder over there.... Folks insisted on slicing the pie into lots of pieces, sometimes that makes it more confusing and awkward than it needs to be IMO.

I think the key will be mixing the load as it will want to burn close to the element before it gets to temperature toward the outside. In a way it's built backwards, it would be easier to control heating from the outside in as is more common.

OF
I will definitely check that out.

icculus1985,
Reactions: OF

NoddingDonkey

Oil, Glass & I'm a bit of an ass

In my experience, the most pleasant vapor, when working with flower, comes from the 7.4v Bender glass herb chamber. I love mine and would encourage any Persei owner who regularly vapes dry herb to invest in that attachment. For wax, I have found the 2.4 EC carts paired with an 18650 battery results in much tastier vapor than the 5.0 EC.
I have returned my Herc and do not plan to buy another until the issues are resolved and a statement is issued which provides transparency as to how this happened, and what D9V intends to do to ensure future products are ready for market before we have an opportunity to pre-order them. The first mass production order of a brand new product should not be blindly released for retail sale. Pull 5 or 6 and test them for 2 weeks...I had two hercs literally fall apart in front of me in the course of 1 week. If that in-house testing I just referenced had been performed, it would have delayed the release, and subsequently the profits from the Herc for a few weeks, but it would have also prevented this whole ordeal for every consumer involved. Truthfully, none of us would have Hercs, VSS mods, or missing oil. Some machine shop owner in China would have a very angry G on their hands.
I'm not trying to be a hater, but my faith in D9V is severely lacking right now; and not at all because I want that reality. As evidenced by my trying two herc units, I hoped I had the one lemon. Reading the forums here, it is obvious that many of you are having issues even more severe than I had. I see all these posts about the VSS, and other mods to encourage the product to work as it was intended to work out of the box...that should not be. Whether it is a design flaw, a manufacturing problem, either or both, the product should not involve consumers until it is working as intended. The Herc should have been subject to a more public voluntary recall and announced in a huge banner on D9V and their authorized resellers. Announcing new product concepts and acronyms in between promises that the Herc will be fixed...and not a lot of clarity for how, asking users to send pictures of mods...that is too much customer involvement in the R&D/QC process. Again, not trying to be a hater but these are exactly the reasons I finally asked for a refund.
When you are dealing with Chinese manufacturing you have to assume something is going to go wrong. Do you have any idea how many attempts it takes those guys to copy a piece of carbon fiber bodywork in the motorsports industry? even when they have the original part I want them to knock off right there in front of them; plus all the measurements verified and provided by me so I know it should be a 100% accurate replica...you would think that to be a simple task, but they manage to get it upside down and backwards more often than not. The business I am referencing almost went under in one year, mostly because so much money was lost transitioning from domestic and european suppliers to chinese suppliers. This company was forced to drop product lines and rebrand others, as well as move from a massive warehouse in San Clemente, to a tiny drop-ship office in the sticks of Vegas, because paying sales tax on California customers would consume their practically non-existent profit margin. I don't want to see D9V drop off the map. I really don't. The Persei is still the king of the 7.4v world - lets figure out why that is awesome, besides The Bender.

clarification: I am referring to the 7.4v herc, not the 3.7v model. I have zero experience with the 3.7v herc although I imagine the same issues are present. Whether or not the added heat from 7.4v is required to bring them out remains to be seen.

bigdeluth

Hi guys, received my herc from planetvape the other day and have been testing it out this weekend. I've read through the thread but I still can't figure this thing out. Any help greatly appreciated.

First thing I did was to boil as instructed, the ceramic heater did not have holes before boiling. After boiling it has those two holes on either side of the rod just like others have reported. Is this a problem? Can't seem to figure out whether this is intentional or a design flaw.

Next I loaded .2g shatter into a tank, preheated about 10-20s, listened for a sizzle, took about 2-3 gigantic hits and was very happy. Then no matter how long I held the button, no more clouds.

Okay, this sounds like what I read a few replied back, takes a little bit to "season" the tank or whatever. That's fine.

Loaded .3g more, preheat, get 2 or 3 weak hits, then nothing. Open it up and find that a lot of oil has leaked. (See pic).

q1IaQ.jpg

Am I loading or hitting this thing wrong? If so, what's the right way to do it. (Would have appreciated some instructions w this thing) Is my device defective? Is the heater core broken? Should the heater be sealed? Should the tank be sealed?

Also should throw in the obligatory, the persei is an amazing device and I absolutely LOVE how it operates w/ carts. I was hoping herc would extend the functionality, but for now it's just left me confused.

bigdeluth,

wootze

If u check my replies u will see my take on this.

And my take is...its still AMAZING!!!

Flowerpower...fuuuuuck

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
In my experience, the most pleasant vapor, when working with flower, comes from the 7.4v Bender glass herb chamber. I love mine and would encourage any Persei owner who regularly vapes dry herb to invest in that attachment. For wax, I have found the 2.4 EC carts paired with an 18650 battery results in much tastier vapor than the 5.0 EC.
I have returned my Herc and do not plan to buy another until the issues are resolved and a statement is issued which provides transparency as to how this happened, and what D9V intends to do to ensure future products are ready for market before we have an opportunity to pre-order them. The first mass production order of a brand new product should not be blindly released for retail sale. Pull 5 or 6 and test them for 2 weeks...I had two hercs literally fall apart in front of me in the course of 1 week. If that in-house testing I just referenced had been performed, it would have delayed the release, and subsequently the profits from the Herc for a few weeks, but it would have also prevented this whole ordeal for every consumer involved. Truthfully, none of us would have Hercs, VSS mods, or missing oil. Some machine shop owner in China would have a very angry G on their hands.
I'm not trying to be a hater, but my faith in D9V is severely lacking right now; and not at all because I want that reality. As evidenced by my trying two herc units, I hoped I had the one lemon. Reading the forums here, it is obvious that many of you are having issues even more severe than I had. I see all these posts about the VSS, and other mods to encourage the product to work as it was intended to work out of the box...that should not be. Whether it is a design flaw, a manufacturing problem, either or both, the product should not involve consumers until it is working as intended. The Herc should have been subject to a more public voluntary recall and announced in a huge banner on D9V and their authorized resellers. Announcing new product concepts and acronyms in between promises that the Herc will be fixed...and not a lot of clarity for how, asking users to send pictures of mods...that is too much customer involvement in the R&D/QC process. Again, not trying to be a hater but these are exactly the reasons I finally asked for a refund.
When you are dealing with Chinese manufacturing you have to assume something is going to go wrong. Do you have any idea how many attempts it takes those guys to copy a piece of carbon fiber bodywork in the motorsports industry? even when they have the original part I want them to knock off right there in front of them; plus all the measurements verified and provided by me so I know it should be a 100% accurate replica...you would think that to be a simple task, but they manage to get it upside down and backwards more often than not. The business I am referencing almost went under in one year, mostly because so much money was lost transitioning from domestic and european suppliers to chinese suppliers. This company was forced to drop product lines and rebrand others, as well as move from a massive warehouse in San Clemente, to a tiny drop-ship office in the sticks of Vegas, because paying sales tax on California customers would consume their practically non-existent profit margin. I don't want to see D9V drop off the map. I really don't. The Persei is still the king of the 7.4v world - lets figure out why that is awesome, besides The Bender.

clarification: I am referring to the 7.4v herc, not the 3.7v model. I have zero experience with the 3.7v herc although I imagine the same issues are present. Whether or not the added heat from 7.4v is required to bring them out remains to be seen.

I totally respect your honesty and understand where you're coming from. Although I've been enjoying the Hercules, I agree that the issues at hand should have been dealt with before the units were ever released. Beta testing should never involve the paying consumer and in essence, that is what we are doing. It definitely is not working the way it was described to, but it still gets me medicated as hell for the time being. That being said, I'm still using mine but looking forward to the permanent fix and also wonder how this actually happened.

As far as the 3.7v model, I'm not sure the problems would be the same considering it doesn't do oil (which seems to be causing the most problems in the 7.4v), although I have no personal experience with it.

kindbeats,

MaDsCiEnTiSt22

I like the carts better than the herc. My herc has fallen apart and I am not pleased with the item. The carts work for me and if it aint broke dont fix it. I am interested in the new style cart and the glock..... I love my persei but I dont think I will use the hercules anymore.

Omcron v1

is their something wrong with my persei? it takes a while to heat up every hit and doesn't even get as thick of clouds as my omicron v1 using 3.7v with 2.4 ohm thanks

Omcron v1,

NoddingDonkey

Oil, Glass & I'm a bit of an ass
i have no experience with omicron v1, but that combo is how I am running a Persei on my desk right this second.

NoddingDonkey,
Top Bottom