1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by THC SCIENTIFIC, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

hey g, do the buyers from planetvape get the replacement parts when they are released too? or only people who purchase from d9. also is there a coupon code for the hercules 3.7v?

2. THC SCIENTIFIC

THC SCIENTIFIC Black Gold Manufacturer

from planet vape also.

Bugsy likes this.
  3. UrbanEtiquette

UrbanEtiquette Member

Hi, just posting in this thread to clear up a few questions I have on my Persei. To start lets just say I work at a smoke shop and have access to and have used a plethora of vapes, however a purple Persei, 7.4v Hercules, and, Red v2.5 omicron. Will be my first portable vape, I had a hot box several years ago.

My question is, is the button on my Persei supposed to light up blue? I have the 3.7v 18650 with a 5.0ohm cart and my button doesn't light up, however my cart does get hot. I've used the original Persei; a black one. On that unit I feel as if I remember that units button lighting up. I debt have it here with me to verify. If anyone knows why/if this is a problem I would be extremely grateful to know so I can get to filling and valuing. :)

4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

First off, howdy, welcome to the fun.

The light should light. Even without a cart. Does the dual head work normally? If so, I'd send the single in for service/replacement (that is 'open a ticket'). It could just be a minor failure, or maybe get worse over time? It's not normal.

OF

5. UrbanEtiquette

UrbanEtiquette Member

Neither the single or the dual cart light up with my 3.7v. I don't have a meter to check my batteries. I will hold off on sending it back until I can try it with them as well. I already have a ticket open, but I'm not expecting anything until tomorrow as far as a response goes.

Thanks for the quick reply OF. I've been lurking in these threads for quite a bit now and you're always quit with helpful and insightful replys.

6. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Good call. Blue LEDs take the most voltage to light (other than UV of course). Two different heads 'can't both be bad', which is why I asked.....

You're welcome, glad to help. I really like the "always quit with helpful and insightful replys" part, but if I quit, how do you know???

OF

7. UrbanEtiquette

UrbanEtiquette Member

Quick* Sorry, typing on my phone in between commercials. I already ment to go back and edit my post but you beat me to it. Haha.

OF likes this.
  8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yup, just having a bit of fun. "Hey, it passed spell check...".

Best wishes,

OF

9. UrbanEtiquette

UrbanEtiquette Member

Oh I laughed.

OF likes this.
  10. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Cool. I recommend laughing over lots of the alternatives.....

Sometimes i do it for no reason at all.

OF

11. Darb

Darb Well-Known Member

I have to take extremely hard pulls to get good hits for the first 30 or 45 seconds.
    Then I keep holding the button while not puffing for maybe 10 secs. This gives me very thick hits.
    I have the volcano pad stuck in there too.
    I have found short hard draws work best for me. I think BobLoblaw outlined this method earlier in the thread.

NoName, dankd420 and Bob Loblaw like this.
  12. DubCRider

DubCRider Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, you are using a red IMR battery, correct? If you're trying to use a trustfire with the Herc that may be the issue.

13. OF

OF Well-Known Member

He's running a five Ohm cart at 3.7 Volts. I smell a dead/bad battery.

OF

14. DubCRider

DubCRider Well-Known Member

Battery or tops, doubtful on the tops though since both wont light up.

OF likes this.
  15. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Could be charger, too, but that's remote as well IMO. I'm betting on a battery about 3.2 Volts open circuit?

OF

16. SlideOrDie

SlideOrDie Well-Known Member

I'll give this a shot later tonight and let you know how it goes. This seems like a great idea kb!

kindbeats likes this.
  17. dankd420

dankd420 Active Member

This is spot on. With my tube attached i can see the amount of vapor coming out of the hercules. When i think its heated up i do a 5 second test pull, if the vapor is thin enough that i can still see through the tube i wait another 10s. I've found that once i start drawing on the hercules the vapor does not get any thicker than when i first start to draw. As long as i'm on the button it also does not get any thinner as long as you stay on the button. If its thick you can get as much of that as fits in your lungs.

I've also found i get less success with the 'big suck' now that i have the volcano pad in. The method thats been working best since i added the volcano pad is to heat until the vapor is thick, then pull till i run out of air :)

DankD

NoName, OF, Darb and 2 others like this.
  18. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

agreed. totally different method.

OF and Darb like this.
  19. SlideOrDie

SlideOrDie Well-Known Member

Ok I'll give them both a try since I have the VSS. Does your hercules have more restriction with the VSS? Mine is noticeably harder to pull through.

Also, loading one hit at a time, how many tanks do you figure per charge?

Thanks guys!

20. dankd420

dankd420 Active Member

In regards to the restriction, yes there is a little more with the VSS. I dont find any need to suck real hard with it in though, just a continuous long draw once its heated up.

Someone else will have to comment on tanks per charge, i only use one tank with no lid. When i cant get thick vapor and the batteries have been topped up recently(i need a second set, i have to charge the aw's mid day or they barely last till bed time) i drop another .15 or so into the tank. Best estimate is i'm getting about half a gram on a full charge?

One thing i feel i should mention is that when you run the Hercules with no lid on the tank you will notice the tank will look empty after the second or third hit. I find there are still around a half dozen or more large hits left in a tank after the oil is no longer visible. I havn't been taking the tank out since i put the vss in there, so cant really comment on if the oil for those hits are coming from the porous part of the tank, or oil tied up in the screen below.

DankD

21. StepInToSpace

StepInToSpace Well-Known Member

Had a VSS laying around with my Volcano that I never use. Tried it in the Herc. Maybe I made it too big, but I didn't like how much harder it was to draw. Also, it seemed to make my hits smaller than without it. I'm using the Hammer top so I don't need to hold the button down and it makes a world of difference. Turn it on, wait 30-60 seconds, get ripped. This thing is the tits.

NoName likes this.
  22. vapelvr

vapelvr Active Member

Thanks for the detailed info, I decided to try the same, just a little bigger amount and with 7.4v config.
    It worked!! Pulled out the old tank from my Herc, it was covered in oil BTW, rubbed all I could onto the budlet, about 3x bigger than above, but it did finally work by keeping it up higher rather than down close to the rod. It took several priming hits and I still am trying to figure out time on this thing, but finally some vapor started appearing and I hit on it for 4-6 hits and was happy with the result. It definitely has a learning curve and is not completely intuitive, but it may just be me that I'm still a bit more than a rookie to these devices.

Thanks again for the feedback and input. I'm not happy with hit/amount of concentrate for the Herc so far, but as far as the dry experiment, it worked quite well and I'm happy this could be a great short and sweet solution when needed as well as a quickie if needed when out and about. I have noticed my batteries seemed to run out quicker than I had anticipated, I may try and do an exact discharge test to get a better idea as to what they can handle per charge.

Am also highly anticipating the 2.4 cart which should be here any day now. going to try some other consistencies and see how they compare. First oil was runny, will try some shatter and crumble next. Am also going to try a bit of ice hash to see how the flavor is with similar technique if I can figure out how to best lodge it without touching the rod. The combusting is tolerable but nasty after such a nice vape hit. Would like to see a more foolproof method of a screen to keep material away from rod as it defeats all the effort of great flavor if it combusts for me.

wootze likes this.
  23. wootze

wootze Well-Known Member

Yeppers, a set of aw imrs goes down long b/4 the bud is done. I got this for dank @ work and couldn't be happier w/ it. The flavor is improving w/ each use. Ima cut up a screen tonight...good idea. Haven't smoked yet, though. The dank is so sticky it sticks in there tight.

If you do a screen, oxidize the shit out of it (literally ). Hold it in a forceps and torch it repeatedly.
    Cut a bit oversize and push it in there.

24. Porquiplane

Porquiplane Look Into My Eyes

So G, any 1701 love from testing today?

25. ataxian

ataxian California

You will find the 2.4 carts real efficient!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors