• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Palm by Vaporblunt

u bwade wunner

Thanks Of.

Enjoy youre Palm when you receive it! Ive been searching for vids for this at GotV and other places to no avail.reading VB s post gives me high hopes for this cheeky little vape.

I hope the hinged door stays firmly closed in your'e pocket during travel and stays that way after many uses.I like a vape that keeps on giving.

Edit found this on an earlier post by Vapor blunt

Looking at the pics it looks like the lid sort of clicks into place but I can't see a catch. Should be easy enough to do with just a small revolving peg."

It does not latch, that's a great idea but a little late! In the next generation I will address that. I have never found it not latching to be an issue. I have never had a spill, knock on wood.

u bwade wunner,

OF

Thanks Of.

I hope the hinged door stays firmly closed in your'e pocket during travel and stays that way after many uses.I like a vape that keeps on giving.

You're welcome.

Yes, it should do lots of little things well, or it will fail at being low key. Stealth is based on no surprises. Hard to keep your composure if your load pops out at the wrong time and place for sure.

I also agree, to be practical it has to be robust enough to survive in the real world without lots of attention. Even a small percentage of returns is a huge deal for owners and can kill the company. This guy is promising in that those sorts of considerations seem to have been considered in the design....at least as much of it as we can see. Owners being able to replace screens solves a LOT of the MFLB problems much better than the otherwise good system they have. Let's hope the rest of it's up to snuff?

I'm already thinking about testing it and getting kind of excited (which is not really a good thing.....).

Anyway, as you know I tend to not be very shy with such observations, while I might not do videos or post many pictures I don't keep that kinda stuff secret. We should all know a bit more in a few weeks I bet?

Fun stuff.

OF

OF,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Thanks Of.

Enjoy youre Palm when you receive it! Ive been searching for vids for this at GotV and other places to no avail.reading VB s post gives me high hopes for this cheeky little vape.

Edit found this on an earlier post by Vapor blunt

I haven't tried this, but I bet you can roll yourself down the side of a mountain with the Palm in your pocket and that lid won't open.
Since I made that post you referenced, we really focused on that detail. Obviously it's just an educated guess at how it will hold up over time, but we feel strongly that the lid spilling will not be an issue unless the owner is overly rough on it

TherealVaporblunt,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Welcome back!
I like the look of the palm and the white unit i think, will look less like a pipe, which for me is good.

Will the revised screen be removeable/replaceable for an iso bath/maintenance if care is taken not to snap the ceramic surround:).

I assume my MFLB power adapter will work with the Palm too.

Thanks and good luck

Thank you! The process of removing the screen destroys the existing screen. Our batteries and charger are top of the line, mflb will work but I haven't tested the knock offs (the kube etc) charger with our batteries. Changing the old screen to a new screen is about a 60 second process that can be done with anything from a butter knife to a flat screw driver. We are aiming this product towards the people who would rather spend X on a new screen then continually clean the old screen. Also once the screen is removed to opens up the ability to clean under the screen, and that's a HUGE benifit to those that use aromatic oils.

Could someone tell me how to answer multiple questions in one post without having to make a post for each individually please?

TherealVaporblunt,

u bwade wunner

The process of removing the screen destroys the existing screen.
So the screen rips from the clips while removing i guess (spot welds maybe?)

how much will the new screens be? and can we see any videos yet on the web.
thanks a lot TVB

u bwade wunner,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
So the screen rips from the clips while removing i guess (spot welds maybe?)

how much will the new screens be? and can we see any videos yet on the web.
thanks a lot TVB

The clips are on each new screens. I will get back to you on the cost, the screens are not available for sale until this Friday.
Our web site is under development and I hope by this week the palm and a video will be up. GV beat me to the punch by getting it on their web page, which is cool with me because they are excited about the product. I know I'm lagging.

TherealVaporblunt,

u bwade wunner

GV beat me to the punch by getting it on their web page, which is cool with me because they are excited about the product
That sounds encouraging.what would you say are the other redeeming features besides the removeable screen now you have tested it?

and what does the kit include please?

Love how you use plastics so innovatively without compromising vapor quality BTW

u bwade wunner,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Could someone tell me how to answer multiple questions in one post without having to make a post for each individually please?

Well, you can multiquote by clicking reply for each post you want to answer and then answering the question beneath it

I haven't tried this, but I bet you can roll yourself down the side of a mountain with the Palm in your pocket and that lid won't open.
Since I made that post you referenced, we really focused on that detail. Obviously it's just an educated guess at how it will hold up over time, but we feel strongly that the lid spilling will not be an issue unless the owner is overly rough on it

you can just keep adding as many quotes as you want and answering the questions beneath it. I don't think theres a limit on how many quotes you can make in a single relpy

CentiZen,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
That sounds encouraging.what would you say are the other redeeming features besides the removeable screen now you have tested it?

and what does the kit include please?

Love how you use plastics so innovatively without compromising vapor quality BTW

Thank you Centizen, computers are not my strong point. Canada has units on order, but they will not get them for another month prob. just FYI

B. wade,

1. Features: Our flavored tips that are interchangable with the vaporblunt and all future products. I also love the the design. It's called the Palm for a reason, it disappears in the palm of your hands (like if you used your hands to coughi in). I think its very stelth, I absolutly didnt want to use a glass straw to your mouth as the inhalation point because i felt it looked more like i was doing something wrong, IMO.

2. Look a couple pages back, either 1 or 2. I posted the instructions that includes the contents.

Welcome back... I figured you got busy. I also noticed some color choices dropped off the VaporBlunt website. I assumed it was because you had not made more since you were so focused on getting the Palm down right. I saw the most recent images. It does look interesting.

Yes, we discontinued the white body style. The feedback we recieved was that it got dirty and the color became off putting, and we sold out of black way before white. We used a differant plastic for The Palm, so white is available for that product.

I am trying to be the kind of company that listens to the customers wants and delivers it in an easy to use, beautifuly designed product (APPLE BABY!!!!!). i will answer some of the older more technical questions asap! Thanks guys

OF

So my evaluation Palm got to me on schedule Wednesday afternoon. First to the 'big question' asked several times, 'will the MFLB Power Adapter work with the Palm?', the answer is yes (at least mine does with a bit of fiddling).

It seems most natural to compare this vape to MFLB, so I guess I'll start there? It comes with two pealed batteries and the same sort of vinyl caps as MFLB, they come with a 'charge before using' sticker, so I assume they're not LSD, first thing is to put them in Mr. Charger for a "break in" cycle. For initial testing I'm using a pair of LSD MFLB batteries. As an initial observation the unit fits the hand better than 'the box'. You can hold it in your fist with just the stem sticking out, however (at least the way I'm using it) it takes a lot of thumb pressure. I've done 3 bowls and now have two sore hands (having shifted back and forth). So far it's an awkward 'press', it may get easier over time, my technique might improve or maybe I'd just end up with 'buffed thumbs'?

The cover seems well made, although it was very hard to open and close at first. It does not actually latch, but the two rectangular tabs get wedged into slots either side of the glass tube. The first dozen or so times I needed a tool to pry it back up, but it's broken in enough to now be pried up with a thumbnail. Thus far I see no worry it's going to pop open, time and use will tell. While purists will no doubt fault fit and finish details if the rest are like this, but for the rest I think guys will appreciate the design. It's centered around a largish ceramic block inset into the one piece plastic body. This forms the bowl (the body is just a cover) and includes the two heavy wire rails that connect and support the screen on one end and make contact with the battery on the other. Also the bulb (it's not an LED, but a small incandescent bulb under driven like MFLB). It's in a much better position, under the glass tube just outside the bowl on it's side, much easier to see (under low light) and can be clearly seen while hitting. Another useful improvement. The glass tube (about 1/4 inch dia and 2 inches long) fits into the block as well. A 'ceramic to glass' deal with no seal, the tube rattles a little as it would have to you'd think if it's not going to get broken easily. The rattle is no big deal. The tube ends a bit short of where the short plastic mouthpiece ends. It came with two mouthpieces, a hard black plastic and a softer amber colored one that's translucent.

The screen/heater itself differs in construction. It's not neatly folded like 'the box', but is rather a pressed dimple in similar material with two sets of inch or so long clips spot welded on. These snap over the rails for electrical contact and mechanical support. However, no attempt seems to have been made to control the mess orientation. Notice in MFLB the mesh runs straight across the trench, this makes for a current path that doesn't depend on jumping from wire to wire like this one. It doesn't seem to be an issue now, but it might later on? On mine I can 'see' it getting cold spots upper left and lower right because of this....maybe. This also means that the trim has a 'rough edge' (like cloth cut on a bias) which may be intentional to control fraying as it's basically rectangular with rounded corners. It does not fit too well (ground herb easily gets past the edges) even after I straightened it as best I could. IMO the edge seal provided by the ring and groove in MFLB will be missed. I've already managed to snag it with the nice included brush and peel it up at one spot, easy enough to press down. Hopefully I'll get a couple of screens in a week or two and can try a screen change, it looks straightforward but will wreck the screen almost certainly.

The ceramic is not sealed (glazed) and came with a few bits of metal embedded in the lip from abrasion against metal before I got it (it's like a fine grindstone in texture). It's in there to stay, cosmetic only. The cover fits closely over the raised lip of the bowl forming a seal everywhere except the 5/16 inch or so immediately above the tube where the outside air is vented in. Those upset with herb working its way into the similar slot in MFLB will be livid here, it readily leaks small bits of herb back out of the bowl into the real world when shaken if the grind is fine enough.....and based on my brief tests, that's a must. For routine cleaning it should be better, but I suspect the ceramic will absorb 'wand hash' quickly at a low level and pick up smell and contamination that can't be cleaned well enough to pass close inspection/testing even with a fresh screen. If you're not careful with the pipe cleaner up the stem you can wreck the trench screen.

At the distance it looks something like the traditional brier 'pocket pipe' popular in Europe, but built upside down (the stem comes off the top of the bowl section, not the bottom). It looks enough like it to at least 'plant the idea' in a casual observers mind if you handle it like a tobacco pipe, but ironically lack of smoke will likely trip you up in that ruse. The best plan is probably to keep it hidden as completely as possible.

In the most important part, yes it does work. Although it's not really exactly like MFLB, different but similar skills will be needed. I could fairly easy get 'taste' and finally light wisps of vapor, even modest clouds allude me for now. Make no mistake, the THC is being extracted and delivered. Burning fine bits of herb seem to come with the first viable vapor. This is charring, not combustion. Shaking does not work as well as the box as some little bit sticks here and there and opening the lid to brush it loose eventually spreads debris around outside the bowl. This may well improve as the screen 'breaks in', and least one of my MFLBs did this at first. For now, work on technique is needed I think. And a finer grind. For now, AVB is nothing to brag about. BTW, the trench is a little smaller, about 25%, it holds about .1 gram even rather than 1/8 (.125) as I typically load in MFLB.

I'm thinking of shifting over to the PA from the MFLB to remove battery issues while I learn this guy better. One thing clear, thus far it doesn't show the 'tuned temperature' the box does, it's very easy to burn the load. At that level it's not so user friendly. Perhaps different technique will negate that, but for now it's a problem the way I'm using it.

If I had to sum it up in a few words, "shows promise" would be them I guess. I'll have a more complete opinion after more testing. Until then, I'm happy to have a lash at any (reasonable) questions?

Regards,

OF

The dou

I have a vaporblunt right now and I'm pretty happy with it, but I wondered how the palm will compare to the vaporblunt. I wanted to compare specific areas like how much herb fits in the chamber, how long it produces good vapor, and just basically how effective it is. Thanks!

The dou,

OF

I have a vaporblunt right now and I'm pretty happy with it, but I wondered how the palm will compare to the vaporblunt. I wanted to compare specific areas like how much herb fits in the chamber, how long it produces good vapor, and just basically how effective it is. Thanks!

Sorry, I don't have a VB, it didn't appeal to me, so I've no useful input there. I can, I think, help you on chamber size (or here a trench, you can't fill the entire chamber with the cover up, or down for that matter. I'm coming to think a full trench is about .100 grams, ground fine. A bit under 1.5 cc.

Still working on the good vapor part. I managed to carefully brown a trench last night without too much black, killing the battery in the process, but today I can't seem to make it happen again. What I have worked out is to be careful to keep it stem up when shaking, the inlet is also a herb outlet stem down. You can shake flakes out of the load onto paper easily. Looking at it, it seems maybe the load slides along the inside of the top at some point, down through the right angle turn at the rim where it's aimed directly at the slot. Normally this is 'uphill' when the stem is horizontal and nothing gets shaken up, but put it stem down in your pocket and it's a lead pipe cinch there's herb debris in the bottom of the pocket with the lint when you take it out.

I think I'll get the hang of this guy eventually. But right now making modest vapor is not a 'given' like with MFLB. The margin between 'not there yet' and 'popcorn' is narrow indeed.

Still, science must move forward......

OF

OF

Gentle readers,

My schedule hasn't allowed me enough open time to get back to seriously trying to sort this guy out, but I have amused myself with the side issue of batteries. The unit comes with two already pealed, much like you'd get with MFLB but without the printing on them indicating source. The unit came with a 'charge the battery before using' sticker, so I put them in my charger on "break in". In due time (a day and a half) they came up 2000 and 2150 mAh. Respectable values, but the span between them is a little puzzling. I've done this with a lot of batteries, those of the same type and the same age are generally very close to each other in value???

Anyway, I selected the lower one and cycled it a few times, 500 mA discharge and 1000 mA recharge. It comes up 2000 mAh each time (within about 10 mAh). Now to charge it and let it sit a few days, this will show it to be normal (HSD) or LSD. FWIW, the capacity seem low for state of the art HSD but on par with LSD?

More when I know more.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hard to keep your composure if your load pops out at the wrong time and place for sure.

Every male teen's worst nightmare...

:lol: :rofl:

Will watch out for your comments on this piece, hopefully it has /some/ success.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

OF

Every male teen's worst nightmare...

Yes, but the wisdom of time can give you the composure you need to ask "What do you mean, premature? I've been thinking about it all afternoon.......".

Will watch out for your comments on this piece, hopefully it has /some/ success.

Doesn't scare me a bit. Folks have been warning each other to watch out for me on many levels for some time now. I just ignore their buzzing these days, if they raise a valid point one of the little voices will let me know......

Palm does work, and it seems to be potentially frugal. But thus far is hard for me to control. I just need some 'quality time' with it I think.

OF

OF

So last weekend I was fiddling with the supplied batteries and decided they tested 2000 and 2150 mAh each:

Anyway, I selected the lower one and cycled it a few times, 500 mA discharge and 1000 mA recharge. It comes up 2000 mAh each time (within about 10 mAh). Now to charge it and let it sit a few days, this will show it to be normal (HSD) or LSD. FWIW, the capacity seem low for state of the art HSD but on par with LSD?

So six of those few days got past me before I got back to it (I'd thought four would tell), they now read 1700 mAh and 1790 mAh remaining, about 15% loss, close to 20% in a full week. One hit in four. Definitely not my idea of LSD. The truly cruel part is it's not the wimpy last hits that bleed off (they're still available....) but the first, strongest ones folks are looking for.

These seem HSD to me, so charge them the day before you need them (or even sooner) for best results. By upgrading to the LSDs used by MFLB you can prevent this loss, charge them a week before without concerns. Or you can go with the 2700 mAh HSDs used there if you can deal with the time for a nice boost in power.

I've only had a clear window for one more try which was pretty good until I had it get away from me again and ended up coughing. I hope to try again, I still see promise.

OF

OF,

Foster

At my LHS i noticed today they have black palms in stock for 119.99. I plan to pick one up, but I am back at college and didnt bring my MFLB batteries. I want the best batteries possible that are compatable with the palm. what do y'all reccomend?

Foster,
okay so I'm not the only 1 having issues with things getting chared up and burnt up and igniting, I've tried different methods but nothing seems to work it seems to keep igniting my herbs, this seems to be a very frequent problem if anybody at allcould offer any of help that would b great maybe there's a technique I missing

Rccsr42085,

OF

okay so I'm not the only 1 having issues with things getting chared up and burnt up and igniting, I've tried different methods but nothing seems to work it seems to keep igniting my herbs, this seems to be a very frequent problem if anybody at allcould offer any of help that would b great maybe there's a technique I missing

You're not alone. I can get it under control, but it always ends up getting away from me. No combustion, but uncontrolled charring and a 'bad trip'. It's hard to kick back and enjoy a machine you know will bite you if it can.....

I go back to it from time to time thinking I'll sort it out, each time I guess I do a little better, but thus far no secrets. Sucker just gets hot eventually. More so than MFLBV. IMO it's more like Vapman, VG, and Essential Vaap.

FWIW I also have leaking issues, minor but annoying.

Good luck with it, maybe you can sort it out and set me straight?

OF

, oh and by the way mine is also having a leaking issues,So OF luck with the burning and charing issue we're having I think our buddy the real vapor blunt needs to explain some things I've tried talking with him already but I don't understand something not right about mine
or yours for that matter but please if you made any progress I would love to know thanks for you time

Rccsr42085,

OF

,please if you made any progress I would love to know thanks for you time

You're welcome, of course. Sharing information is the goal, right?

For sure. You can trust me, if I come up with something I think might be worth knowing, I'm not going to be at all shy about passing it on......

OF

OF,
Hey guys,

I am very confused on what I should do. I just got my palm vape a week ago and have enjoyed every minute of its use. I accidentally dropped it last night on a hard surface and the glass tube shattered. The vape itself is fine and works ok still but there is no draw tube. Do they sell replacement tubes for the palm or does anyone have an idea on how to fix it? I just spent $100 on it a week ago and I would really hate to see it go to waste.

Please let me know if you have any helpful suggestions!

thewhiteryn0,

OF

Hey guys,

I am very confused on what I should do. I just got my palm vape a week ago and have enjoyed every minute of its use. I accidentally dropped it last night on a hard surface and the glass tube shattered. The vape itself is fine and works ok still but there is no draw tube. Do they sell replacement tubes for the palm or does anyone have an idea on how to fix it? I just spent $100 on it a week ago and I would really hate to see it go to waste.

Please let me know if you have any helpful suggestions!

I doubt they have spares in stock, but it looks to be normal glass tube and should be easy enough to replace. It doesn't have to be glass, of course, 1/4 acrylic tube like used in MFLB should work I'd think.

OF

OF,
I doubt they have spares in stock, but it looks to be normal glass tube and should be easy enough to replace. It doesn't have to be glass, of course, 1/4 acrylic tube like used in MFLB should work I'd think.

OF
yes i think the acrylic or glass part would be fine and i have found many on the internet. But the hard part would be putting it in. The way the Palm is designed i do not see a way that i could insert one back in there. Right now i am using a vinyl tube and the glass end as a whip, but would really like to fix it completely. any suggestions?

thewhiteryn0,
Top Bottom