The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Chandler

by ring of goo, I just mean that the top chamfer of the capsule gets a little brown and sticky all the way around, mainly when you haven't cleaned your CU in time.
ok, i see what you mean. i've had Mighty for 5 days, the same 3 capsules have been in steady rotation. they are definitely building up with 'goo' on outer ring of the top piece! it might be beneficial to clean the CU right now, but damn, weekly cleaning?? i'm bad with that, but like how i'm trying to change my ways and go full capsules to keep my Mighty clean, i will clean the CU this weekend!

i need to purchase a magazine for the capsules. i know the mag wont prevent smell, but it should help and keep the caps organized. thinking about buying 2 magazines, plus another pack of 40. maybe even 2 packs of 40. shoot maybe 3 packs and 3 magazines. shipping isn't free till after 100$
not sure what other accessories i require. Anybody use the car charger? i'm wondering if thats a worth while investment?

Receptor

once again its mind boggling to me how they spend their r&d money on making useless junk like capsules/ capsule holders, and still have yet to come out with their own water adapter..
Capsules are handy when out n about for me. Different set up for stationary use.
I have never used mine inverted.....550hrs....still chucking vapor.
Some vapes are not intented for inverted use....heat dissipation?

CANNABIS....Cluster Headache....ReNew...Mission. Good-to-Go!

TanukiCoast

Fogbound
Nihf2Fh.jpg

Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron23

Capsules are handy when out n about for me. Different set up for stationary use.
I have never used mine inverted.....550hrs....still chucking vapor.
Some vapes are not intented for inverted use....heat dissipation?

CANNABIS....Cluster Headache....ReNew...Mission. Good-to-Go!

They are also very, very handy for disabled patients who need to pre-load, particularly if they are using a care giver who can pre-load their doses.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
They are also very, very handy for disabled patients who need to pre-load, particularly if they are using a care giver who can pre-load their doses.

I love 'em. I can keep all my strains handy for any situation, they keep the CU and bowl way cleaner than normal, and I still get the same great flavor and vapor quality as using the bowl native. For my money they are an excellent if not essential accessory for the Mighty. :2c:

cloudsosmoke

im thinking maybe it could be said ..that the taste of mighty is so good that the minor disadvantage of a slightly harsher draw (..for me anyway) with capsules isnt as important as how ridiculously easy it is to swap out loads
..its still such good vapor that it doesnt matter

theyre a must-have for me when out and about

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

...I have never used mine inverted...Some vapes are not intended for inverted use....heat dissipation?

Started wondering -- just kicking around ideas for group discussion -- if inverted use could be a factor in draw restriction and/or vapor reduction reported here recently.

If you leave Mighty inverted between draws, on or above a bubbler, residual vapor will rise back through the eight inlets. Thinking about vapor condensing on edges of inlets or deeper perhaps in the heated air pathway. A little "plaque buildup" at first, then accumulating, reheated each session, some re-vaporizing again, but much remaining as viscous resin during your session, later cooling and solidifying.

Maybe after a few months of inverted use, one or more of the 8 inlets gets occluded by a drip of resin, or the air pathway through the heater gets partially blocked. I can envision this blockage as being intermittent -- the resin melts, flows slightly, cools and re-solidifies in a slightly different place. Does this sound plausible?

Last edited:

biohacker

Great discussion! I used a couple of Mighty's exclusively for inverted muzzmod bubbler use for a very long time.... never had any issues. I think I posed a similar question and it was answered along the lines of something like the resin couldn't survive the hot airpath? I would do "deep cleans" every so often, and the only stuff I would see in the oven under the screen would be a very fine dust black ABV that would super easily wipe off.

May pick up another Mighty since I can get a medic for $279usd (Tweed LP in Canada), i'm loving my GH's, but I do miss my Mighty! (but I don't miss my Crafty! ha)

jimdee

...how ridiculously easy it is to swap out loads...

Yes. And one other advantage that I haven't seen mention of recently is that you don't have to load the capsules until the heater is up to temperature. I like to pop 'em in when the temp reaches about 320 (F) on its way to 365 and take my first draw at around 350. Great taste, less waste! :sherlock:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Yes. And one other advantage that I haven't seen mention of recently is that you don't have to load the capsules until the heater is up to temperature. I like to pop 'em in when the temp reaches about 320 (F) on its way to 365 and take my first draw at around 350. Great taste, less waste! :sherlock:

I do this too, often popping in a new capsule when the old one is spent and the Mighty is at the upper end of the temp range. You get great big thick clouds right away, and, as you mentioned, little conductive waste.

Some years ago I saved a handful of plastic tubes that some gum I was buying came in. As usual they piled up in a drawer with a bunch of other crap. A few weeks ago I finally found some use for them....they are perfect for storing my various strains. Keeps them neat, tagged, and separate, and they fit perfectly in the main compartment of my Raw rolling box.

2hzif87.jpg

shredder

Hey, y'all! Just stopped in to say high.

I have an older mighty #78**, that has never been sent in, or have "issues". It just now has gone off the warranty.

The batteries are weaker now tho. I'm getting 4-5 bowls per charge now. I'll prolly update the batts at some point when it gets annoying.

Nice idea in the tubes for storage
Mitch. I'm never quite sure what I'm vaping with the capsules. I've even hit empty chambers and spent capsules, lol. I typically vape 6-7 varieties .

I also like that the capsules allow for smaller loads. I've been sharing capsules with my wife, and the dose is about perfect. Solo I vape .05-.1 loads in log vapes.

Anyone vaping concentrates in the capsules? I loaded one with rosin wrapped with hemp fiber, but I'm waiting for the right time.

I think it should work, but leaking rosin into the heater is a concern.

Enough rambling for now I guess, rock on mighty nation!

Baron23

Anyone vaping concentrates in the capsules? I loaded one with rosin wrapped with hemp fiber, but I'm waiting for the right time.

I have not with the Mighty but have done so with dosing capsules and the Volcano. I don't use hemp fiber or anything but make a concentrate/herb sandwich. Herb above and below, concentrate in the middle. Run at high temp and enjoy.

radiant34

Great discussion! I used a couple of Mighty's exclusively for inverted muzzmod bubbler use for a very long time.... never had any issues. I think I posed a similar question and it was answered along the lines of something like the resin couldn't survive the hot airpath? I would do "deep cleans" every so often, and the only stuff I would see in the oven under the screen would be a very fine dust black ABV that would super easily wipe off.

May pick up another Mighty since I can get a medic for $279usd (Tweed LP in Canada), i'm loving my GH's, but I do miss my Mighty! (but I don't miss my Crafty! ha)
is there any difference between regular mighty and medic? def would like to know.

radiant34,

disGRUNTled

First post in this thread Grasscity(same user name) brought me here.Got these goodies in today.
XXfyEES.jpg

broke in the Mighty and Grizzly Glass with some Tangerine.
qQgYVQ5.jpg

The mighty will change your vape experience and push it to 11Never been this HIGH from one oven ever........Should not have smoked the second oven, was where I needed to be after 1...

weedemon

enthusiast
hey everyone! I've got a q about battery management and overall life regarding charging.

Is it better to top it up all the time or to let them drain a certain amount before recharging them?

On a side note: That image 2 pages back showing the insides is really cool. Makes me feel like I could replace those batteries easily enough myself. I do have a bit of exp too though.

That stand that is being made looks pretty nice too. I be sure not to have sharp edges on it as it may scratch nice hardwood tables.

Mr. Me2

hey everyone! I've got a q about battery management and overall life regarding charging.

Is it better to top it up all the time or to let them drain a certain amount before recharging them?

On a side note: That image 2 pages back showing the insides is really cool. Makes me feel like I could replace those batteries easily enough myself. I do have a bit of exp too though.

That stand that is being made looks pretty nice too. I be sure not to have sharp edges on it as it may scratch nice hardwood tables.
If you want/need a Mihhty stand now, @Ratchett has one that works great.

I have a Crafty and always wait to recharge when the flashing blue is fast

Bomb33

What about mighty.do u wait until the bar flashes or top it up before like halfway??

Bomb33,

Receptor

My useage pattern is not to go below 50%....if avoidable?....2yrs @ 550hrs....shhh
Might want to look at the..."BATTERY UNIVERSITY"..website...for more info.

CANNABIS....Cluster Headache....ReNew..Mission. Good to-Go!

weedemon

enthusiast
My useage pattern is not to go below 50%....if avoidable?....2yrs @ 550hrs....shhh
Might want to look at the..."BATTERY UNIVERSITY"..website...for more info.

That has been about the same for me so far. I am hoping to maximize the life of said batteries.

what is this battery university you speak of? I have not heard of this.

weedemon,

Green Kiwi

@weedemon, that Mighty two pages back is an FAKE mighty.
i wrote a few days ago a reply on that, for which i suddenly was awarded 25 pionts.
The funny thing is it was taken of by the moderator, no clue why.:hmm:
but anyhow,the original one looks quit different inside lots and lots more electronic components then in this Fake one also in the mighty everything is plugged not soldered on the print like the FAKE.
anyway the fact that i am even to not handy with my computer makes that i am also not able to post pictures. although i will make an effort in the future when i got my new plastic body and place everything in the new one.
Im on close 850 hours and still working fine. the batt's are very good still too!!!!!
i can compare with my new mighty i have as backup(totally unnecessary ,as time proofed).
another thing with has come up severall times on this forum is that people wrongly have claimed on questions about how to take apart that the plastic halve's slide of each other one moving up they other moving down.THIS IS NONSENSE, as there are little vertical pins one one side fitting in the holes one the other side.
How you doo it is by taking of the sticker unscrew two very small torn, then where the orange poker fits in the body you have to press hard with a flat screwdriver down on the black plastic(you see nothing)but then suddenly the bottom starts parting, now you work your way to the top of the unit were the oven is and you will find that it is still fixed on the top. NOW you can give it a gentle push/pull and it comes apart.
(There is a lip on the backside of the black plastic you are pushing on under the orange pick thats why you have to push it with a flat screwdriver).
I did open it to unblock the airpath with was 50% blocked due to my stupid habit of blowing in the bowl after cleaning with the brush.all this dust turns into goo overtime, specialy if you use it upside down over water tools.
I collected 2.5 gram of goo from the spiral which holds the heater. yes i dissembled the heater.:freak:.
working like new again(except cracked housing, S&B need to upgrade this in my opinion:rant:)
peace to all and very christmas.:leaf:
P.s i doo completely understand that people are worried about their batteries, i did too the first 250 hours, now i just use it how it suits my instead of being anal like never under firstbar and never over second last bar charging even a fan on it if i had just been using it.......:worms:
My impression now is that you should"t spend one minute worying about it because these are the best batteries money can buy. the brand is a German brand named:AQPAK, AKKUTECHNOLOGIE KIRCHZAFTEN.

Hope this info helps .:science::freak::sherlock::leaf:

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
@weedemon, I did open it to unblock the airpath with was 50% blocked due to my stupid habit of blowing in the bowl after cleaning with the brush.all this dust turns into goo overtime, specialy if you use it upside down over water tools.
I collected 2.5 gram of goo from the spiral which holds the heater. yes i dissembled the heater.:freak:.

Hope this info helps .:science::freak::sherlock::leaf:

Would be so cool if you made a video :) as I have been concerned for some time now that my heater is clogged up too.

radiant34

Would be so cool if you made a video :) as I have been concerned for some time now that my heater is clogged up too.

mine wasn't really clogged when i went in there. the heater is just an iron rod that is inside another rod which is also the chamber. it's all conduction in there, maybe like 5% convection as there is some air going through the herbs. but it's mostly just one iron rod inside an aluminum tube. the tech isn't really all crazy.. dont know why this thing was $500 to start as it always breaks due to fragile nature of plastic.(which i dont know how it passed safety regulations, as plastic breaking is a sign of heat degradation...

Top Bottom