The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Chandler

:rockon:My Mighty has finally arrived! took a total of 17 days from i sent crafty away till i recieved it today!
No magazine, but Storz was kind enough to add a box of 40 dosing capsules. I appreciate that!
My initial reaction when i opened up the box? "Holy Shit! this thing is MASSIVE" wow.
A part of me misses Crafty.... but i'm glad to no longer need an app to adjust temps, and i look forward to the longer battery life. The unit was fully charged when it arrived. i turned it on to max, give it a little burn off.
The screen is really bright! i'm going to keep an eye out for a tinted sticker to place over it and dim it a little. i feel like i should also find some form of slick wrap to put around the device and protect it!! do they make slick wraps or DBrands for Mighty?? that would be cool!

Cases. what kind of cases do you guys use for your Mighty??

Vaporcussion

You're going to forget all about your Crafty soon enough. Don't put on any kind of wrap/sleeve; that would retain the heat, let it breathe...

For cases you can go the pro route of smell proof cases (RYOT and VATRA) or go the route of cases for 3.5" external hard drives. There are many. I'm using a Nintendo 3DS case which holds a second mouthpiece, but there are others that are smaller and just fit the unit. I agree on the tinted sticker; if you find something please post it here, thanks

vapviking

Old & In the Way
:rockon:My Mighty has finally arrived! took a total of 17 days from i sent crafty away till i recieved it today!
No magazine, but Storz was kind enough to add a box of 40 dosing capsules. I appreciate that!
My initial reaction when i opened up the box? "Holy Shit! this thing is MASSIVE" wow.
A part of me misses Crafty.... but i'm glad to no longer need an app to adjust temps, and i look forward to the longer battery life. The unit was fully charged when it arrived. i turned it on to max, give it a little burn off.
The screen is really bright! i'm going to keep an eye out for a tinted sticker to place over it and dim it a little. i feel like i should also find some form of slick wrap to put around the device and protect it!! do they make slick wraps or DBrands for Mighty?? that would be cool!

Cases. what kind of cases do you guys use for your Mighty??
Congrats.
I've sometimes put a layer or two of blue 'painters tape' over the temp light if I'm going, say outside at night.

Chandler

The Mighty. fitting title. it is truly mightier than crafty! by my 4th session it occurred to me that by now i should be charging my crafty, Mighty had only lost 2 bars. by the time my night ended i had lost track of what session i was on. i 'd say 10th? perhaps more. ended with 1 bar remaining. the battery life alone is the greatest win and makes the upgrade so worthwhile! losing the discretion factor sucks, but i'm over that!!

i used the dosing capsules exclusively. first time using them. i think the amount they hold is perfect. with Crafty, 360 was my sweet spot. i found in Mighty with dosing capsules, 360 was too harsh. i had to drop to 350 - 355 for more comfortable vapor. i'm thinking the dosing capsule retains alot of heat causing the herb to be at a higher temp than the chamber is supposed to be at? But when i found that spot the vapor was smooth, cool, tasty. Only comparison is Crafty. This vapor was still a bit different than Crafty. i can't put my finger on it yet. similar, but slightly different. its possible the dosing capsule could add something to the vapor, i dunno, but it was still great. potent. flavorful.

when Mighty is about to shut down it gives a vibrating count down, i liked that. the heat up time is awesome. i'd say it takes no more than 60 seconds to reach temp

After a year and a half with 2 crafty's, and reflecting on how dirty my chamber was kept, i think i'll use dosing capsules exclusively for now. i enjoyed the no fuss clean up and the pristine chamber, and being prepared with a few capsules is awesome. i need to order a magazine for easier transport. keeping dosing capsules in your pocket stinks.

You're going to forget all about your Crafty soon enough.
For real! i switched the mouth piece on my CFV yesterday with a mouth piece from a crafty to see if the airflow would improve.... i was so pleased with Mighty i couldn't be bothered to mess with CFV.
CFV i found to be real nice, but the 0 draw restriction, the density, the flavor, the overall quality of the vapor from Mighty is superior.... i just got both, time may alter some perceptions, but i'm glad i made the upgrade.... and glad i have a smaller option in CFV... if only Crafty was cheaper, i'd definitely want both Mighty and Crafty in the line up

nenmayk

Accessory Maker
hello
i am an artist known as nenmayk,invite you to follow me on instagram where my soul lives ;).i am a big fan of the mighty,and will be introducing a stand that was designed and created by me and my kuzin stash,milled out of aircraft aluminum .hope you guys will like it.
much luv

Mr. Me2

hello
i am an artist known as nenmayk,invite you to follow me on instagram where my soul lives ;).i am a big fan of the mighty,and will be introducing a stand that was designed and created by me and my kuzin stash,milled out of aircraft aluminum .hope you guys will like it.
much luv
Welcome @nenmayk ! Looking forward to seeing your new toy!!

Teedub

yeehaaa, just ordered a mighty and a spare cu for a muzzmod. Read half the thread so far, need something new for xmas and travel fun. Should fill my little vap gap nicely.

There is a seemingly constant 5% discount for aussie buyers at australien vaporizers btw. And with store points system you can get yourself a really good deal.

cordless vape heavy bubbler hits on the go with big battery life sold me. Cant wait to see how the hits compare to say an evo.

:peace:

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
cordless vape heavy bubbler hits on the go with big battery life sold me. Cant wait to see how the hits compare to say an evo.

:peace:
My cloud evo is collecting DUST! the mighty Imho is much more convenient better yet the volcano is much more convenient (my daily driver) thick rich clouds with the mighty, portability, digital temperature, long lasting battery life, and with the dosing capsules a .1 goes a long way

ChooChooCharlie

@nenmayk - video or gif?

I assume there is a hole for the charging plug?

x1dyFM3m.jpg

(image by @nenmayk - quite the surrealist!)

nenmayk

Accessory Maker
Last edited by a moderator:

cloudsosmoke

looks snug
- it twists shut?

Ghosts? Ghosts, you say?!
Many newly upgraded Mighty owners see them as well:
S0CHkat.jpg

(I still love and use both vapes every day)

lol

to be seasonal

for the next three nights .. mighty up graders..
- you will be visited by three ghosts

the ghost of craftys past
the ghost of crafty present
and
the ghost of craftys yet to come

im looking forward to the future one ..
..is that a user replaceable battery i see??

S&B can play the part of Scrooge

Last edited:

nenmayk

Accessory Maker
looks snug
- it twists shut?

lol

to be seasonal

for the next three nights .. mighty up graders..
- you will be visited by three ghosts

the ghost of craftys past
the ghost of crafty present
and
the ghost of craftys yet to come

im looking forward to the future one ..
..is that a user replaceable battery i see??

S&B can play the part of Scrooge
it has to be snug for it to be portable....machined to perfection.
the wings swing out and lock at 90,and close flush with the body.the 2 pieces on the bottom are separated by a thin teflon disc that enables smooth operation,almost "bearing" like feel.... anyway ,it probably doesnt mean much but,i have it on my unit and feel naked without is ;) the fact that it stands and will not tip over gives me great satisfaction...and it looks like a contemporary deco piece ;)
much luv

Modnote: Reply removed from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

blackstone

After a year and a half with 2 crafty's, and reflecting on how dirty my chamber was kept, i think i'll use dosing capsules exclusively for now. i enjoyed the no fuss clean up and the pristine chamber, and being prepared with a few capsules is awesome.

That's the only time I could imagine going capsule only, when you've done full bowl for one SB vape or more and get a second chance at a new bowl!
The one thing I didn't like, was if your CU isn't spotless clean, the capsules get a ring of goo at the top each time.
The only time this is manageable for me is when I'm sitting somewhere with a sheet of kitchen paper to wipe them hot, and even then that seems a little wasteful to me.

i need to order a magazine for easier transport. keeping dosing capsules in your pocket stinks.

Haha! Just note, it's been reported here that the magazine does very little to contain any scent. But there was those screwtop caddies a while back, works more for smell, but it must be messy to unload some loose lidded capsules from those caddies?

CFV i found to be real nice, but the 0 draw restriction, the density, the flavor, the overall quality of the vapor from Mighty is superior.... i just got both, time may alter some perceptions, but i'm glad i made the upgrade.... and glad i have a smaller option in CFV... if only Crafty was cheaper, i'd definitely want both Mighty and Crafty in the line up

No problem taking my Mighty anywhere really, but I'm also looking for something small, or cheap new toy etc.
I don't know if that's the size of the Mighty, or just the nature of this hobby in general!!
And yes, when the Crafty becomes affordable it's an attractive option! Found some slightly discounted ones lately, my only fear would be that they are old stock with weak plastic.
But even when Crafty is at low-ish price there are still many lower priced competitors nowadays, with more arriving quarterly!

Best thing about the Mighty is, it's so good, it can fend off many VAS type attacks on your wallet!
Very comforting to hear that all the latest new vapes are by no means Mighty killers!!

ChooChooCharlie

...The one thing I didn't like, was if your CU isn't spotless clean, the capsules get a ring of goo at the top each time....

Have not experienced the ring of goo.

When I feel any sticky resin on capsules, I know it's time to swap CUs. Have five CUs and swap frequently, clean 3 or 4 together. Another sign to clean is when the capsule sticks to the CU screen after a session, but this doesn't happen until 20 or more sessions for me.

Chandler

Very comforting to hear that all the latest new vapes are by no means Mighty killers!!
But isn't that what we're all waiting for??!!!
Have not experienced the ring of goo.
lol me neither, but im new to the DC's
Another sign to clean is when the capsule sticks to the CU screen after a session
yup right on the money. my capsules' been sticking. i'm probably right around 20 - 30 sessions, but i only notice they're sticking when the unit is cool and i open it up when the capsules already in there. the capsules still look and feel clean though... i like the capsules. i like the longer battery life. the longer battery life changes everything. i've been vaping more sessions in succession just because i can! i realized a couple hours ago, i've been doing back to back sessions and never once considered or worried about overheating the unit... Crafty, i did not do back to back sessions. the unit would need a 15, 20 mins rest before round 2!!

yup. officially glad i made the upgrade to Mighty.

blackstone

But isn't that what we're all waiting for??!!!

lol me neither, but im new to the DC's
yup right on the money. my capsules' been sticking. i'm probably right around 20 - 30 sessions, but i only notice they're sticking when the unit is cool and i open it up when the capsules already in there. the capsules still look and feel clean though... i like the capsules. i like the longer battery life. the longer battery life changes everything. i've been vaping more sessions in succession just because i can! i realized a couple hours ago, i've been doing back to back sessions and never once considered or worried about overheating the unit... Crafty, i did not do back to back sessions. the unit would need a 15, 20 mins rest before round 2!!

yup. officially glad i made the upgrade to Mighty.

Haha, I'm going to get as long as possible from this Mighty investment!
I'll probably wait until 'this new SB portable' is reduced to clear!!

It's nice with vaporizers the way the unit cools down proportional to your effects wearing off, it seems to mirror a natural process maybe!
I hope you don't dose yourself too heavily with this powerful device:lol::science:
It has great ability for repeated small loads too though!

And sorry, by ring of goo, I just mean that the top chamfer of the capsule gets a little brown and sticky all the way around, mainly when you haven't cleaned your CU in time.
It's just that it caught me out once or twice when trying to handle the capsule while busy, the lids sticking to my fingers and pants etc.
Emptying a bowl of just ABV is a breeze compared to a hot metal pellet with smell o' gunk on top, depending on what else you're doing at the time, or if you have tissue.
And it would be where I skipped my CU cleaning that I found this, or also at the end of a week.
Also, I'm now deliberately delaying my CU cleaning for 'claim duty, so it suits me to put my capsules on the back burner for the next few weeks.
But if you want to lay somewhere, and go through an assortment of bowls it's hard to beat capsules.
I sometimes think of them as finicky because I kinda have to crouch when filling them, and make pliers shapes with my fingers.:myday:

Top Bottom