The Magic-Flight Launch Box (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
NoSmoke said:
2tiki said:
Thanks for answering my question about upgrades.

I wouldn't expect you to send me a new vape just because you made a new version
Shoot I would! The LT to me is more like a gimmick vape w/ very minimal effectivness, and if there is anyone in the Minnesota area who wants one you can have it you name the price 30, 20, 10.... seriously
I apologize if the Tube was not to your liking -- we would like to know how we could prevent missed expectations in the future. This is especially important for us to know as we would not like to have you similarly disappointed in the Box as well, even if we were to make an exception and 'exchange' a Tube for a Box. In what sense can this be made right in your view and still remain ultimately fair?

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
So far ive gathered that covering the bottom hole gives thicker hits and i prefer a 1-2inch straight rigid mouthpiece.. just wonderful

a hand grinder breaks it up perfect for the trench, not too fine or chunky

pain to keep batteries in order without a charger around. I run duracell 2650 maH's and theyre really great. 1.410 volts fresh out the charger and will last for two bowls :brow:

if we break this box is it our only one :p its very durable but peace of mind is nice

MrMistyTokes,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
whats the progerss with working out the machining of the different woods? i cant wait to have a cherry or maple launch box in hand ready to vape whenever and wherever i am
Arrangements have been made for some experimental batches to be done -- some of which have been started. I expect it will be about four weeks before we have some sample Red Oak and Maple units. In this sort of process, these things can take time (a sort of 'manufacturing momentum', metaphorically speaking).

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

NoSmoke

magicflight said:
NoSmoke said:
2tiki said:
Thanks for answering my question about upgrades.

I wouldn't expect you to send me a new vape just because you made a new version
Shoot I would! The LT to me is more like a gimmick vape w/ very minimal effectivness, and if there is anyone in the Minnesota area who wants one you can have it you name the price 30, 20, 10.... seriously
I apologize if the Tube was not to your liking -- we would like to know how we could prevent missed expectations in the future. This is especially important for us to know as we would not like to have you similarly disappointed in the Box as well, even if we were to make an exception and 'exchange' a Tube for a Box. In what sense can this be made right in your view and still remain ultimately fair?

-- Magic-Flight
Well I said what dissapointed me about the LT ( Screen Sensitivity, loading & unloading, and VTA ratio) and these things IMO make it an inefficient portable/one hit vape, and im very happy you guys see where im coming from, thats a great plus in a company especially in todays times. The way I see it the LT should not be sold for the same price as the LB, because the LB as Sticks said can be used as both a one hit and full vape session portable (which I think is awesome!) and has the same method of delivery minus the whip, which I believe has been removed from the basic package. I think you guys should try to drop the price on the LT thats it, that in my eyes makes it more sensible of an option. And early adopters of the LT who then choose buy a LB can be discounted the price difference. I just honestly dont see these two vapes selling side by side if one is more effective then the other, the only way is with a price difference. Am I completly wrong here? If I am im sorry.

NoSmoke,

kingcrimson

it seems as though they do indeed do two different things and even serve two markets. I'd have possibly considered an LT but an LB fit my bill for sure. others may be different I havn't studied their demographic so perhaps, perhaps not.

eeek! i just got my confirm from blissvile! Shipping as soon as its made, on or before the 15th! excitement! joy! Am also stoked to hear about the process starting on sample different wood type models. :cool:

kingcrimson,

Beezleb

I like the current wood but I am intrigued and interested in the new woods as well.

Beezleb,

NoSmoke

kingcrimson said:
it seems as though they do indeed do two different things and even serve two markets. I'd have possibly considered an LT but an LB fit my bill for sure. others may be different I havn't studied their demographic so perhaps, perhaps not.

eeek! i just got my confirm from blissvile! Shipping as soon as its made, on or before the 15th! excitement! joy! Am also stoked to hear about the process starting on sample different wood type models. :cool:
thats the thing Kingcrismson they dont do two different things. The LT was supposed to have better user visibility (which no offense is IMO that not important look at the PD, granted its a set temp) but it also turns out thru user feedback that the visibility is fine on the LB, and it can be used as a one hit vape! its like the SSV and Da Buddha almost the same just one is better, hence the price difference. Im sorry about going on and on about the same thing, im not trying to offend I think Magic-Flight is an awesome upstart company, with some of the best customer service ive seen anywhere, im just letting my opinion be known.

NoSmoke,

duh

congrads kc - welcome to the club! :D

Hey No Smoke, I think MF is trying to give you a free, 1-time only upgrade so take it and STFU! ;)
Seriously, tho, I do hope you email them and arrange for that - at least that was my take on it. I also agree w/MF that you need to know what you are getting. The screen on the box is made of the same material as the tube and it is meant for plant material only... I guess you call this sensitive - I call it awesome as hell and have gotten re-launch down pat.

I do kind of agree w/some of the criticisms of the LT but think if it was a larger device it might work and it is now a conversation piece and backup unit. As Haywood said, it does work, so it is hard to argue when you can get :ko: w/it.

Hey MMT, I did break my LB (early beta+user caused error) and they shipped me a new one but I'm guessing it's a case by case.

I now know I am a 2 trench person to get properly medicated. This takes about 5 minutes w/the box and 1 trench takes about 2 minutes to complete - a few brush swirls clear the abv for the next run. I leave the wand inserted and hold the box w/both hands, giving it a tap every 3 seconds or so.

Where did this suck air through the intake thing came from? I think it must be a joke. Even as a carb, I haven't found it useful, but I'm curious to hear more too.

The pulse method is dead to me on the LB. To keep things going while powered, I just keep lightly shaking the box during an air exchange. When I am ready to intake, I stop shaking for a few seconds.

Seems to work! ;)

duh,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
duh said:
Where did this suck air through the intake thing came from? I think it must be a joke. Even as a carb, I haven't found it useful, but I'm curious to hear more too.
it gives the perfect amount of air flow to get those extra creamy rips...try it and tell me I'm wrong. I don't even give a fuck if you do...that method works for me so I'm happily content. :)

Hennessy1414,

duh

Hennessy1414 said:
I don't even give a fuck if you do...that method works for me so I'm happily content. :)
Shit, dude, I'll try it in a few minutes! :cool:

duh,

NoSmoke

Hennessy1414 said:
duh said:
it gives the perfect amount of air flow to get those extra creamy rips...try it and tell me I'm wrong. I don't even give a fuck if you do...that method works for me so I'm happily content. :)
If you consider them creamy, I know they are certified creamy! with some users (maybe most) on this forum you just know its not bs and Hennessy is one of them. :lol:

And I can see how resrticted airflow would create less strain on the heat thus thicker vapors!!!

NoSmoke,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
word thanks homie....you have lifted my spirits to load a trench. GET DOWN!!! the green bombs are dropping!!! climb into the trench to survive the blast :lol:

haha trench that's a new term for me...I like it ;)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
NoSmoke said:
magicflight said:
... In what sense can this be made right in your view and still remain ultimately fair?
Well I said what dissapointed me about the LT ( Screen Sensitivity, loading & unloading, and VTA ratio) and these things IMO make it an inefficient portable/one hit vape...

The way I see it the LT should not be sold for the same price as the LB...
I think you guys should try to drop the price on the LT thats it...
And early adopters of the LT who then choose buy a LB can be discounted the price difference.
I see the points you are making, and for the future, it is likely that something in that direction will eventually happen -- possible future price adjustments and discounts for early adpotors. At the moment, the price is defined by mostly by factors outside of our direct control. As things progress, it will be easier to make adjustments -- we would like to be able to reduce the price on both the Box and the Tube. Until then, please be patient with us while we get things finalized with the Box

NoSmoke: If it does happen that the price on the Tube goes down and you elect to get a Box, we will give you a discount for the difference (assuming you already have a Tube).

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
Hennessy1414 said:
duh said:
fuck ya man i tried it right after i heard of it from u and i was so blazed i forgot to post about it haha but its hard not to get a perfect rip like that but on the go i just cover it like a carb

sip and shake is the shit :D

MrMistyTokes,

duh

Ok - somehow I thought we were talking about the air intake from the bottom. I tried pulling vapor from the bottom w/my head tilted and the box above me (felt like an idiot) - I did get real vapor but it just felt like a tiny amount through a pinhole.

Going native through the front does make sense and works wonders tho. :)

duh,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
oh ya make sure you cover the 'native' hole while you drag your hit thru the lil carb hole on the bottom.

I only really use this technique to start up the bowl. It gets it nice n' warm in the chamber for perfect regular hits. (after a few moments of sucking thru the mini carb hole on the bottom I stop that process and begin to hit it normally thru the mouthpiece) by that point it has obtained a more constant temperature so im granted the freedom of drawing vapor in a constant manner. not puff...shake..puff...wait...puff...puff...wait....puff. its just puff puff puff :D

to any of you who could understand that then congrats :tup:

It's the only way I can describe it at the moment

p.s: If I were to take the IO (going rate is $250 right?) and attempt to make it retail $90...then you would have the magic flight launch box.

That's not a knock people^^^ its just a comparison of price. I'm sure if MF made a product that would be projected to cost as much as an IO then I'm sure it would be just as good if not better then the Iolite. who knows for sure though...:shrug:

That's why we love MF. They produce an affordable portable vaporizer solution for all the poor stoners across the land who rather spend their greens on greens! Anyone else ok with that? :brow: I kno I sure as hell am

Hennessy1414,

duh

Hennessy1414 said:
Ahhh. Then I did do it right and I think you may have something there. It pulls the material closer to the screen by sucking air on the pinhole. Then, when you draw through the large air outtake on the side - the chamber is vapor filled. I'll have to practice this and report back. ;)

The IO is butane based so it's not quite an apples to apples (butane sucks). The Volatizer VM3 however, is battery powered and priced at $449.00. Of course, it uses a special battery that isn't as good as the LB which uses AA re-chargables.

2tiki, I want a bandolier that hold a bunch of silver bullets (LB Batteries) along w/a hoster for the LB!

duh,

NoSmoke

duh said:
Hennessy1414 said:
Ahhh. Then I did do it right and I think you may have something there. It pulls the material closer to the screen by sucking air on the pinhole. Then, when you draw through the large air outtake on the side - the chamber is vapor filled. I'll have to practice this and report back. ;)

The IO is butane based so it's not quite an apples to apples (butane sucks). The Volatizer VM3 however, is battery powered and priced at $449.00. Of course, it uses a special battery that isn't as good as the LB which uses AA re-chargables.

2tiki, I want a bandolier that hold a bunch of silver bullets (LB Batteries) along w/a hoster for the LB!
The butane is completly separate from the chamber.

NoSmoke,

duh

NoSmoke said:
The butane is completly separate from the chamber.
That may be so, but it needs to be factored into the cost of the upkeep on the unit. No butane=no meds just like for the electronic vapes, no power=no meds. I would much rather try to find and deal w/AAs all day long than nasty gases. Of course kc's "GonG 'Vapor Globe'" uses diesel - so I guess it's all about people's tolerance for their rigs.

I like easy, simple and reliable to use for a good :ko:.

duh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
henny...let me get this straight.

First you suck through the carb hole on the bottom of the unit while the battery is in place to get it 'warmed up'? Isn't this rather awkward?

Then you hit it with a normal drag off the mouthpiece?

If I have it straight, then I will try it tonight. Let me know if I have it.

stickstones,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I have a question...what material is the plastic lid of the MFB made of?

Also, I have some comments which were brought about by your comparison to the Iolite and descriptions of butane. In particular "nasty gasses," "butane sucks," and (the funniest of all) "If I were to take the IO (going rate is $250 right?) and attempt to make it retail $90...then you would have the magic flight launch box." :lol: (the last comment was actually made by someone who has raved about the Iolite Beta unit he used, saying that it is much better than the original Iolite which is virtually identical, and expressed concern about inhaling electricity :rolleyes: --sorry hennessy...it is all true, right?). Maybe think before you comment?

I agree that the MFB is interesting, affordable (once available afaik), portable, and easy to get power for (if you can find the batteries it works best with), but feel your comparisons are vague and biased.

Please feel free to answer my question about the material of the plastic lid that you use to cover the herbs in this thread and any comments related to the Iolite in an appropriate thread). In particular, how is the Iolite's use of butane "nasty" and why do you feel "butane sucks"? Maybe we can clear this all up...

edit: Thank you for your clarifying what you meant (politely and honestly), duh :). I hope that this next comment doesn't come off as a shill, but the MF products look VERY promising (pocket-sized, relatively cheap, and runs on one AA :o), and I respect their interest in R&D (as well as their involvement with the community) a great deal. :D I would love to see a glass unit like the MFbox for which you could get cheap/replaceable guts (so you could vacation with it, toss the guts and return home with layovers anywhere despite laws--or even possibly just a MFbox with a wooden lid for plasticiphobes--can always slide paper under the plexiglass until then :brow: ). I definitely think that the box vs the tube show that the potential for future MF progress is high (and you all know about how I feel about progress :lol:) PS: I should have read about lid material (there were 4 posts with the word lid and plexiglass in them--my bad :(). PSS: To see the boogieman, just keep refilling and repeating until he spontaneously appears. :cool:

edit2: Thank you for the clarification Henn. Sorry you took my comments as a punch. I was merely inquiring about your 'comparison' of the units and providing some context for my skepticism. I agree that we should keep IoL talk out of this thread (but you started it :p) <---that wasn't very mature of me...lol

Progress,

duh

Progress, 1st, I won't accuse you for shilling, or having any interest in the company that produces the IO, right? Me, neither, I don't and won't work for any vape company. So we are just laying out the facts.

I say "nasty gases" and "butane sucks" 1st, because of availability. I can find power anywhere and these batteries are really cheap and plentiful, even if you are a heavy user. You aren't going to catch me in an argument w/you about CO2 and Water as byproducts and all that jive - I really don't care - I just won't want to deal w/butane.

Butane stinks. I mean it smells. I also don't want to deal w/another canister to purchase - I keep the battery charger by the outlet and another in my travel bag.

The top is made of plexiglass and if you read the LT thread, you can see a whole discussion on it along w/MF's comments that they really don't plan to change this. I also don't have an issue w/it and if a user really really wanted to - it would be pretty simple to do an totally unsupported mod and replace the plexi w/high quality glass.

However, I have been using the product for a while and the surface of the plexi is unpitted and looks great. I doubt I'm inhaling plastic. I haven't seen any boogeyman when using it yet either - but maybe that's just a strain issue. ;)

duh,

kingcrimson

duh said:
Of course kc's "GonG 'Vapor Globe'" uses diesel - so I guess it's all about people's tolerance for their rigs.
lolol I know this isn't the place but 'diesel' was an meant as a description not a literal need for the torch.
They reccomend a chef's crem bru le torch which is powered by butane. Mine is propane and oxygen, quite different and much hotter than just a 'tane flame.

t-minus 15 or so day until my LB ships! I'm literally smoking with excitement. :lol:

kingcrimson,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Progress said:
......and (the funniest of all) ...... :lol: (the last comment was actually made by someone who has raved about the Iolite Beta unit he used, saying that it is much better than the original Iolite which is virtually identical, and expressed concern about inhaling electricity :rolleyes: --sorry hennessy...it is all true, right?). Maybe think before you comment?
:rolleyes: whatever man keep thinking of the past and what I have quoted. I was simply saying that the LB is quality just like the IO is...only a cheaper alternative. Both vapes require you to lug around its power supply so that's where I was coming from when made the comparison.

yo sticks! yeah man you pretty much have it right...i dont get why people think its so akward...just lean back on a couch/sofa and vape away.

when I say 'warm up' I am referring to the ambient heat in the trench. we must remember this is more of a conduction vape than anything so we need to nurse that aspect of this vaporizer to use it to its full extent. Once you have drawn a fair amount of vapor thru the mini carb hole (you will also notice the heat building up in your mouth) just unplug your finger from the native hole and begin to draw as you would normally from the native mouth piece hole(or whatever extension you use for your vapor delivery). That way you can drag harder on the LB and get that smooth free flow of vapors.

get the IO talk OUT of here from now on. Please go to the IO thread if you wanna throw a punch ;)

edit////
kingcrimson said:
lolol I know this isn't the place but 'diesel' was an meant as a description not a literal need for the torch.
They reccomend a chef's crem bru le torch which is powered by butane. Mine is propane and oxygen, quite different and much hotter than just a 'tane flame.
I can see how he got that one mixed up because you said you lit the bowl with diesel fuel. should have said the right thing in the first place. people love to get mixed up after all :p

dub edits//// word up sticks...you will only find more techniques with experimenting buddy :tup:

enjoy the clouds :cool:

Hennessy1414,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom