JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Elluzion said:
Has anyone encountered "blisters" on the inside of their mouth below when the mflb would rest native style.

I'm curious because I encountered them with a certain type of wood use in the mflb. They blisters are filled with a clear fluid and hurt to the touch.

Stem might be best for you if you have these problems.

JDSupreme,

sundaddy

Don't think so, but you could always offer to pay a little more, contact them. I usually get shipments from them in 2 days, normally.

sundaddy,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Alas, it's finally time to warranty my first MFLB. This little birch beauty has been to Hell & back and has always performed! She even took a dunk in the creek after sliding off my kayak, and was gingerly recovered from 3' of water. Gave her a quick rinse to knock off a little sand and the creek water once back home. After a day in the sun to dry out and good screen cleaning - was back in action with no problems. Try that with any other vape that doesn't require a lighter! Now she's not heating as well as she used to (this started months after the swim) and the screen pulling out from under the lip is really getting to be a problem.

My question is this.... Does anyone know of a way to warranty and not have to send the old one back? Not that I want to sell it or even pass it along to someone. Would like to keep it for purely sentimental purposes. Have only had it a little more than 18 months, but man has it seen some use and good times! I know this has been asked before, but don't think I've ever seen an answer.

I do have a newer model already. No latch, but I think the version that was out just before that. I've ordered a few for friends that they have paid for (rather than explain where to order from, discounts, etc), but had one person decide he didn't want it after it came. No big. I've enjoyed having a back-up and am very happy to have it now.

Just in case anyone is looking for another comparison.... I like the look/feel of the birch one better. Not a big fan of the lighter colored maple. Was easy enough to drop a push back ring into the old one and always worked well. Hard to say for certain if either worked better out of the box or after break in, but I did have the "hot" period on the newer one soon after the first few uses. It has calmed down and I think runs just a tad bit hotter than the older birch one ever did. But, am assuming the lack of heat has been a small problem on the old one that has slowly been getting worse. Since I've had the PA (a few months), the newer maple one has always run a bit hotter than the older birch model - about one or two notches difference on the PA heat adjustment wheel. All considered, I guess I like the newer version because of the O ring to hold the screen down. Have been pushing the old one back into the groove with a pin regularly for at least 6 months. But wish I could get a birch one with all the improvements! Maybe I'll just apply a light coat of stain and have the best of both.

flotntoke,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
flotntoke said:
My question is this.... Does anyone know of a way to warranty and not have to send the old one back?

I don't know the answer to this but I would like to. Like you, I'm sentimentally attached to my original unit and would not want to give it up. I think you should ask Magic-Flight and report back so I can update the Vaporpedia entry. :brow:

pakalolo,

Endymion

Hi all,
i'm new here, and never used a vaporizer before..
i've read around the forum and did a little research and it pretty much seems like i can't go wrong with a launch box.. :)
i do have a couple of questions, if anyone could please shed some light for me..
I recently had a VAT surgery to treat a spontaneous pneumothorax (collapsed lung), and was forbidden to smoke by my doctor (a lung expert).
i asked him if i could use a vaporizer and he approved.
a) if anyone around here had the same condition and is vaping i'd love to know, it would really take some worries off my head when i'll start vaping.. :)
b) how fine is the line between smoking and vaping the weed, temperature-wise? is it possible that i'll burn the weed by mistake using a launch box? (sorry for being so paranoid, i'm just worried about inhaling smoke..)
c) just out of curiousity.. :) is there a way to vaporize hash in a launch box?

thanks! :)

Endymion,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
pakalolo I'm gonna give it a try and will let you know. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do you think it will help if I can convince them that I could almost qualify to be on that hoarders show? Think I still even have my first little bowl (circa '77) around here in one of these boxes! :D

flotntoke,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Endy - You may get better responses from some who are more familiar with your condition - but since I'm here figured I would chime in for what it's worth. I do not have the same condition, and honestly am still trying to be totally done with the cigarettes - so am coming from a much different perspective.

The MFLB is an INCREDIBLE vape! Especially when paired up with the PA (power adapter for plugging in to wall outlet instead of using battery power). IME the line between smoking and vaping (especially heavy vaping) can be pretty thin. My concern for you is that the MFLB has a bit of a learning curve. The heat (and thickness of vapor or possible smoke) is metered by your draw strength & speed. Faster/harder hitting is lighter vapor. Slower/lighter hitting can produce some big clouds and sometimes smoke - especially when still learning for the first few sessions.

I don't want to advise you (or anyone) not to get an MFLB. It truly is an amazing, versatile, awesome vape! But, you may want to look at something that you can control a little more without having to rely on your draw. Some vapes - like my Extreme Q - even have a temp setting. It's definitely for you to determine - and I'm sure you will have more comments from others here soon - but if it were me in your situation I would go with something like that. While I've read from some that I can get smoke out of my Extreme Q if I crank it all the way up - that's never happened. With a static temperature, and the ability to set it the same every time, I can be pretty certain of what will come out of it even with different meds. There are other vapes that regulate the temperature besides the Extreme Q and it will set you back a few more bucks than an MFLB (though I think it can be had for about the same price as an MFLB & PA combined). I only mention it specifically because I've had mine for about a year and am very familiar with it. Check out the Extreme Q thread or hit me up if you would like more info on that one. There are others, but I am not as familiar with them.

Vaping hash out of an MFLB? It's been done and discussed here in this mega-thread, but I don't do it. Don't want to mess up my screen and on the odd chance I'd vape hash I would probably throw it into my Q. For the most part if I have anything like that it's hash oil - and you definitely don't even want to think about that if you have any lung issues!

So... my suggestion (that I'll probably be flamed for!) given your situation is to get an Extreme Q or other "temp-set" vape. Keep it fairly low temp to vape only the top end of things off. Always a very heady & soothing buzz, but not enough to get you stuck on the couch or kill much pain IMO. Keep your ABV (post vaped weed) and use it to make butter for edibles. A bonus is that if you vape the THC and low temp cannabinoids off - then cook the ABV, you'll have very heavy brownies (or whatever you make from the butter). Depending on how strong you make them or how many you eat, all you have to worry about is dozing off into a psychedelic la-la land!

flotntoke,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Endymion said:
Hi all,
i'm new here, and never used a vaporizer before..
i've read around the forum and did a little research and it pretty much seems like i can't go wrong with a launch box.. :)
i do have a couple of questions, if anyone could please shed some light for me..
I recently had a VAT surgery to treat a spontaneous pneumothorax (collapsed lung), and was forbidden to smoke by my doctor (a lung expert).
i asked him if i could use a vaporizer and he approved.
a) if anyone around here had the same condition and is vaping i'd love to know, it would really take some worries off my head when i'll start vaping.. :)
b) how fine is the line between smoking and vaping the weed, temperature-wise? is it possible that i'll burn the weed by mistake using a launch box? (sorry for being so paranoid, i'm just worried about inhaling smoke..)
c) just out of curiousity.. :) is there a way to vaporize hash in a launch box?

thanks! :)

Endymion, welcome to the forum.

The LB is a fine little vape, but there is a chance that you may combust with it. However, IMO if you get the PA with it, and keep the temp dial on the lower end, that probably wouldn't happen. I think the real question is what was your usage prior to your operation? Were you a heavy smoker? Did you smoke in groups? Do you feel the need for big hits? These are just some of the questions I would ask. There are a few vapes out there that could serve your needs. The LB very well could be one of them. And yes, hash can be used in the launch box (as well as some other vapes when sandwiched with herb). There have been some reports of the screen staining from it, however, I have had no such problem when vaping kief in it.

My suggestion would be to look into a couple different types of vape here on the forum and see which one appeals the most for your needs. It very well could be the LB, but it also could be a log vape like the CRZ or a bag vape, for that matter. Good luck!

momofthegoons,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Endymion: A lot of people in this thread have combusted in their LBs once or twice, but few of them did it while hitting the box. Combustion reports mostly fall into two categories: accidents and ignorant newbies.

Accidents result when you forget the battery has made contact, or the battery gets pushed in inadvertently and without notice until the smell/heat tips you off. The pushback ring was added to prevent this sort of combustion.

The second type results from ignorant newbies. Smart newbies, like you, have done homework and know how to hit the LB and what the pitfalls might be. Ignorant newbies, OTOH, know nothing about the LB and probably about vapourizing in general, and can't be bothered with instructions so they leave the battery in too long and combust and make your LB taste nasty for a few loads those damned bastards we should be allowed to hang them by the pubic hairs sorry I get carried away but the meds help.

Anyway, with the knowledge you are clearly gathering you will know enough about the LB that I think it's highly unlikely you will accidentally combust while hitting the box. If you also get the PA then keep the setting below 50% (on my PA, others might vary somewhat) and the LB simply won't ever reach combustion temperatures.

pakalolo,
pakalolo said:
Endymion: A lot of people in this thread have combusted in their LBs once or twice, but few of them did it while hitting the box. Combustion reports mostly fall into two categories: accidents and ignorant newbies.

Accidents result when you forget the battery has made contact, or the battery gets pushed in inadvertently and without notice until the smell/heat tips you off. The pushback ring was added to prevent this sort of combustion.

The second type results from ignorant newbies. Smart newbies, like you, have done homework and know how to hit the LB and what the pitfalls might be. Ignorant newbies, OTOH, know nothing about the LB and probably about vapourizing in general, and can't be bothered with instructions so they leave the battery in too long and combust and make your LB taste nasty for a few loads those damned bastards we should be allowed to hang them by the pubic hairs sorry I get carried away but the meds help.

Anyway, with the knowledge you are clearly gathering you will know enough about the LB that I think it's highly unlikely you will accidentally combust while hitting the box. If you also get the PA then keep the setting below 50% (on my PA, others might vary somewhat) and the LB simply won't ever reach combustion temperatures.

I had to create an account just so I could contradict this :p. Yes, it's quite possible to combust, even when you know what you're doing, and you're mindful of the battery. I've had the MFLB now for about a month, and absolutely love it. To be clear, though, combustion certainly is a rare occasion when you learn how to properly use the vape (after the first week, I've maybe had it happen only 3-4 times, after many many trenches), but it can still happen, especially if you're aiming for big hits. It's a risk you take when you're looking for big clouds, since smoke clouds are obviously the biggest of them all ;)

bernlin2000,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
bernlin2000 said:
pakalolo said:

I had to create an account just so I could contradict this :p. Yes, it's quite possible to combust, even when you know what you're doing, and you're mindful of the battery. I've had the MFLB now for about a month, and absolutely love it. To be clear, though, combustion certainly is a rare occasion when you learn how to properly use the vape (after the first week, I've maybe had it happen only 3-4 times, after many many trenches), but it can still happen, especially if you're aiming for big hits. It's a risk you take when you're looking for big clouds, since smoke clouds are obviously the biggest of them all ;)

I didn't say combustion was impossible or that it never happened, I specifically and carefully said that few (where few is a number greater than zero ;) ) of us had it happen while hitting the box. In fact, you pretty much confirmed what I said. See my added emphasis, above.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you will put your account to more use than this.

pakalolo,

Endymion

wow thanks for all your replies! :)
sorry i didn't state my prior usage and current needs, it could save some time guessing..
i used to smoke ALOT, both weed and cigarettes and have quit about a year ago, but still kept smoking joints here and there, a couple of times a month and sometimes a couple of times a week up untill i had to go through the surgery..
the main reasons i set my eyes on the mflb were because of its price, portability (i usually smoked with one or two friends, usually outdoors) and its stealthiness (yea my girlfriend hates it when i get high... :rolleyes: )
also, the lifetime warranty does raze ones confidence in the product and its company as opposed to the vapir vaporizers which have some pretty poor reviews regarding it's life span..
so in short, i'm not a heavy smoker, but i'm not ready to give up on the occasional bake :)
i don't do big hits, and usually it doesn't take much to get me wasted.
i know i can't get it all plus a temp set, but if you know of such a vaporizer or if there's an exact science i could follow when using mflb with batteries, without taking the risk of combustion i'd really love to know. (and avoid a brutal execution by hanging from my pubes lol) :lol:

thanks you're really great and a great help! :)

Endymion,

max

Out to lunch
bernlin2000 said:
To be clear, though, combustion certainly is a rare occasion when you learn how to properly use the vape (after the first week, I've maybe had it happen only 3-4 times, after many many trenches), but it can still happen, especially if you're aiming for big hits. It's a risk you take when you're looking for big clouds, since smoke clouds are obviously the biggest of them all
Combustion is very rare indeed if you're using the box for its major strong points. Big vapor clouds is stretching the envelope a little for this model, and if you're not trying to use it as a big hitter, it's pretty easy to avoid combustion completely.

You should enjoy the LB Endymion, even if it doesn't meet your every vaping need. BTW, "raze" is the opposite of 'raise'. ;)

max,

vape4health

Everybody got your batteries ready for a nice long day of stuffing your face, I'm putting mine on the charger now. For me the MFLB really shines on the holidays, quick hit here and there and I'm gravy all day baby. I'm sure you guys with the whole MFLBWPAPA :o setup are getting a nice home vape as well.

So they have another version out now, the locking lid, shit now I'm getting another box, currently I have a
-beta box
-box with no light or screen ring
-box with light, screen ring and push back
Am I missing any, I'm kinda thinking maybe there were 2 different versions of the lighted one maybe two different intake tracks or something, maybe not.

Have a great holiday everyone.

vape4health,

steven22

Any long term users notice any diminishing performance on their heavily used LB?

mine is around 1.5 years old, saw use daily, I cleaned at least once a month or more with cotton swab, ISO etc.

anyways, I have been noticing it doesnt perform as new, either heating up slower, or doesnt get as hot, Im not sure.

my screen when clean is a dark brown color from all the usage, I have a bunch of gunk under the screen on the wood that I try my best to clean. I feel that the rods just dont get as hot as it used to. I tried out a friends brand new box that he received, and it felt fresh and lively.

I really think , either the screen just gets clogged up and that is why it changes colors after a while... or the rods are fatigued and not getting hot as it used too...

chime in, thanks in advance

steven22,

THCMuscle

Are you using the original batteries? Batteries deminish performance over time for sure regardless of type.

I would reccommend running through at least 2 batteries in a "burn off". Press the battery in for a mintue with nothing in the trench. This gets things very hot inside and you'll often find you get more particulate matter when you rub it down with ISO. If you still see deminished performance, contact Magic-Flight for warranty.

THCMuscle,

steven22

THCMuscle said:
Are you using the original batteries? Batteries deminish performance over time for sure regardless of type.

I would reccommend running through at least 2 batteries in a "burn off". Press the battery in for a mintue with nothing in the trench. This gets things very hot inside and you'll often find you get more particulate matter when you rub it down with ISO. If you still see deminished performance, contact Magic-Flight for warranty.

nope, not at all, I replace my batteries often, lost track of how many I have been through ... been using 2700 powerex.

I will try the extended burn off, I have never burned off stuff for too long, never drained one entire battery, let alone 2.

steven22,

sundaddy

I agree,the box really shines during family gatherings. I used to leave early but now I can hang out all day.

sundaddy,

vapirtoo

My LB is about the same age, daily driver, and it rocks with no problems.
I occaisionally clean it with the PA on 50% while brushing the screen gentlywith the original brush. I get some smoke and a slight burned brush smell,
:uhoh:, but the screen gets clean and my box performs great! :2c:

vapirtoo,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Ordered my PA about 2 weeks ago now. Wish it would hurry I'm getting tired of charging batteries. Plus I said Id lend my other main vape to my mate who has actually stopped smoking tobacco this last month thanks to seeing how easy it was for me. As soon as I get my PA then he can borrow my main whip vape and stop combustion totally. So anyone here ordered one to UK from magic flight? How long did it take? On the website it says up to 22 days etc but any personal experiences welcome thanks.

AceTK,

esp

vape4health said:
Everybody got your batteries ready for a nice long day of stuffing your face, I'm putting mine on the charger now. For me the MFLB really shines on the holidays, quick hit here and there and I'm gravy all day baby. I'm sure you guys with the whole MFLBWPAPA :o setup are getting a nice home vape as well.

Hell Yeah, going to keep me going all day long with all my outlaws present at my Sisters house... 4000 square feet and 4 bathrooms with push button ventilation to stealthily volitalize some THC!

I am also wondering if anyone here flicks or taps their box while hitting? I prefer using the stem and then holding the box at a slight angle so when I flick the front bottom corner of the box in a downward motion, the load actually flips and rotates in the trench. I often use this method when things are getting a bit on the brown side and I worry about combustion for holding the heat on so long. You can actually see the vapor building up really fast when you tap it around with heat going. Also seems to improve on the evenness of the browning and produces a much bigger cloud. Let me know your thoughts and happy Thanksgiving!

esp,
Top Bottom