pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
johnquach said:
seek: thanks for the reply!

pakalolo: http://magic-flight.com/batteries.php its under slow charging vs fast charging.

Thanks for the link. That is a discussion of chargers in general, not specifically the stock Magic-Flight charger.

Seek said:
johnquach: these were some examples. And I would call the stock charger a fast charger. It has protections to overcharging that slow chargers don't need. But there are also much faster fast chargers that can charge a batt in like 15 minutes. These need to have several high quality protections.

I'm not aware of standard definitions for fast and slow chargers. To me, a "fast" charger charges in 15 minutes or so. Slow chargers take 8-12 hours, as described in the FAQ. A smart charger, which is the type Magic-Flight ships, takes 2-4 hours. Since most of us charge batteries before they are completely flat, the time leans towards the two hour mark.

pakalolo,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
Here's my box with the amboyna burl. Still hitting like a champ. Sorry the flash is a little over powering but I needed it for a good shot.

Oz1PV.jpg

EZP5p.jpg

MM..Food,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
I recently cut my acrylic stem into two pieces with a hacksaw then sanded down the rough edges(i did it because both ends were so worn down from twisting the stem in the resinated draw hole to remove it that the stem would easily fall out and not be sug in the draw hole) and i cut one of the pieces so it sticks out about 1.5cm from the box and it is extremely enjoyable. You can hit the box native-ish style so its stealthy but still have a stem to draw from (something i've come to prefer after a year or so of box use). If you have an old stem and dont like hitting the box native you should try this.

Vaporgin.,

caseball2051

wellllllllll

just reporting back because i said I would. I recently upgraded my batteries from Imedion 2400's to the PowerEx 2700s. Im thoroughly impressed and would recommend that anyone that doesnt have 2700 batteries, go out and buy them. I recently started using it more than i ever have, and Im falling in love with it all over again.

I dont think im ready to invest 60$ in a charger just yet. That fat guy in the red suit is coming soon though. :lol:

caseball2051,

flowmotion

caseball2051 said:
wellllllllll

just reporting back because i said I would. I recently upgraded my batteries from Imedion 2400's to the PowerEx 2700s. Im thoroughly impressed and would recommend that anyone that doesnt have 2700 batteries, go out and buy them. I recently started using it more than i ever have, and Im falling in love with it all over again.

I dont think im ready to invest 60$ in a charger just yet. That fat guy in the red suit is coming soon though. :lol:

When you can afford to get the PA, do it immediately. The difference between 2700 ---> PA is exponentially greater than the difference from 2400 ---> 2700. It's a whole new game with the PA. Now that I've used it for a while, the 2700s just seem so inadequate. I mean, they're awesome for sure, I'm just spoiled now :ninja:

flowmotion,

stuey

flowmotion said:
When you can afford to get the PA, do it immediately. The difference between 2700 ---> PA is exponentially greater than the difference from 2400 ---> 2700. It's a whole new game with the PA. Now that I've used it for a while, the 2700s just seem so inadequate. I mean, they're awesome for sure, I'm just spoiled now :ninja:

Can you explain a bit more about the difference between batteries and the PA. I thought the PA was basically the same as a good, refreshed battery. Is it actually better than the best battery? If so why?

Thanks

stuey,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
It stays at a consistent level. The PA can exceed the temperature the batteries can and you can also make the temperature a lot lower to get tastier hits and to make your trench last longer.

MM..Food,

Cool Chicky

I Took The Red Pill
I've been reading this thread for the past year and figured I better look at the LB up close. So I venture into the local shop here to see for myself. Well, that brilliant ideal cost me $135. (Yes, I know it's a lot less online but I didn't want to wait). All I can say is "WOW"! I would have paid MORE for it but that's me...the PA is, for me, necessary because it keeps things at a constant temperature, thereby eliminating one huge variable. Funny thing is that the MLFB seems to do the job better than my Extreme. Anyways, thank you all for this wonderful forum and all of your comments. And, thank you Magic Flight for a wonderful product.

Cool Chicky,

sundaddy

You're gonna love it, it's my favorite vape, cause you can go 0-60 in 5 seconds.... genius!

sundaddy,

PREM

Hi Guys!
I was kindly sent a WPA from Magic flight and told them that i would do a review for it.
However i cannot hit the Bong with WPA as my throat is soo sensitive it feels like my throat closes up and start to wheeze and cough etc... I'm scared to use it! lol!
The only way i can hit the MFLB normally is if i draw as fast and hard as i can to keep the vapor cool. I hit it straight away, without letting the vapor build up in the box.. Sometimes i think i should drill a hole into the stem to allow more air to come through... Ive tried JdSupreme's method of perfect vaporization, but that results in coughing too!! My friends who all now own a MFLB don't have this problem. So its definitely my throat.
I'm not sure if its the temp or the dry/arrid vapor or both! I cannot afford the PA, but anyone notice a difference at low temps and the harshness of the throat with a low setting on the PA?
Was also looking into a double percolated bong and 2k diffuser beads, anyone use one/them? Does it hydrate the vapor?
Don't get me wrong, the MFLB is my daily hitter- i love it to bits, it helped quit smoking 4 months ago, just looking for a way that wont rip my throat apart as everyday use is also wearing my throat out.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance!

PREM,

stuey

PREM said:
Hi Guys!
I was kindly sent a WPA from Magic flight and told them that i would do a review for it.
However i cannot hit the Bong with WPA as my throat is soo sensitive it feels like my throat closes up and start to wheeze and cough etc... I'm scared to use it! lol!
The only way i can hit the MFLB normally is if i draw as fast and hard as i can to keep the vapor cool. I hit it straight away, without letting the vapor build up in the box.. Sometimes i think i should drill a hole into the stem to allow more air to come through... Ive tried JdSupreme's method of perfect vaporization, but that results in coughing too!! My friends who all now own a MFLB don't have this problem. So its definitely my throat.
I'm not sure if its the temp or the dry/arrid vapor or both! I cannot afford the PA, but anyone notice a difference at low temps and the harshness of the throat with a low setting on the PA?
Was also looking into a double percolated bong and 2k diffuser beads, anyone use one/them? Does it hydrate the vapor?
Don't get me wrong, the MFLB is my daily hitter- i love it to bits, it helped quit smoking 4 months ago, just looking for a way that wont rip my throat apart as everyday use is also wearing my throat out.

That really surprises me.

Whilst I dont have any issues with the harshness of the MFLB, I have heard that other people do.

However I would have thought that running it through a bong would cool and moisten the vapor.

I would have thought that vapor obtained via the WPA was as smooth as any vapor could be.

stuey,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
stuey said:
flowmotion said:

Can you explain a bit more about the difference between batteries and the PA. I thought the PA was basically the same as a good, refreshed battery. Is it actually better than the best battery? If so why?

Thanks

the PA is better than the battery because you never have to worry about charging it before use. you can just plug it in and its good to go. also, with the PA you can adjust the level of power going to it so you can have it on a low power for more flavorful hits or a high power for huge clouds. there are more benefits to it but overall is just much more convenient for the MFLB. i literally never use batteries now and love the PA. i highly recommend it.

HighlyEducatedScholar,
HighlyEducatedScholar said:
stuey said:
flowmotion said:

Thanks

the PA is better than the battery because you never have to worry about charging it before use. you can just plug it in and its good to go. also, with the PA you can adjust the level of power going to it so you can have it on a low power for more flavorful hits or a high power for huge clouds. there are more benefits to it but overall is just much more convenient for the MFLB. i literally never use batteries now and love the PA. i highly recommend it.
except most people buy this PORTABLE vape to be portable lol. Not to sit at home with. I have a Da Buddha for home that the PA MFLB will never hit like.

VapeNStone,

PREM

stuey said:
PREM said:
Hi Guys!

That really surprises me.

Whilst I dont have any issues with the harshness of the MFLB, I have heard that other people do.

However I would have thought that running it through a bong would cool and moisten the vapor.

I would have thought that vapor obtained via the WPA was as smooth as any vapor could be.

Hey Stuey,
Thanks for that reply, yes that was the whole point of getting the WPA! Must just be my throat. I've seen people on youtube with no problems, my friends are fine and then there's me lol. I did have a way of hitting the bong when i only half covered the carb hole and not build up the vapor in the bong, hope that makes sense... I've tried the hot water in a bong too- kind of works, sometimes...
Also sometimes when using the stem, i move the lid left just over the snap-lock ball to create a more of air entry for lack of a better term lol- just dont shake it lol

Prem

PREM,

sundaddy

PREM said:
Hi Guys!

Funny, I finally settled on the Magic Flight because of how harsh the Iolite was.
Man, that thing was like sucking on a hair dryer. My throat became so dry, I ended up getting this prescription spray to moisten it.
I found the MFLB to be much cooler and gentler on the throat. Do you smoke cigs? Maybe you've got some other upper respiratory thing going on.

sundaddy,

PREM

sundaddy said:
PREM said:
Hi Guys!

Funny, I finally settled on the Magic Flight because of how harsh the Iolite was.
Man, that thing was like sucking on a hair dryer. My throat became so dry, I ended up getting this prescription spray to moisten it.
I found the MFLB to be much cooler and gentler on the throat. Do you smoke cigs? Maybe you've got some other upper respiratory thing going on.

Hi Sundaddy,
I used to smoke joints mixed with tobacco for 16 years until 4 months ago when i had a 'scare case of bronchitis- been a vaporist ever since. I dont cough or hack in the morning now, just in the eve when i hit the MFLB lol.. Hope its not a respiratory thing, never had anything other than bronchitis. Had loads of non-repository related issues though lol..
Whats the name of the spray you used?

Prem

PREM,

stuey

PREM said:
Hi Sundaddy,
I used to smoke joints mixed with tobacco for 16 years until 4 months ago when i had a 'scare case of bronchitis- been a vaporist ever since. I dont cough or hack in the morning now, just in the eve when i hit the MFLB lol.. Hope its not a respiratory thing, never had anything other than bronchitis. Had loads of non-repository related issues though lol..

Prem

Maybe vaping isnt for you.

I have quit smoking myself and I have been reading up about it due to the pains I felt about 2 weeks starting about a week after quitting.

I think what can happen is this. When you smoke you kill off the tiny hairs in the lungs and throat that help clear out dirt from the lungs. After quitting these grow back. You being to cough and clear the lungs etc. It may be that you were never suited to smoking in the first place... noone is really suited but some people are irritated by smoke or vape more than others. However after smoking for a few weeks you have killed off these little hairs so its not until they grow back that you suffer from any irritation.

After they grow back and provided you dont vape silly amounts, when you vape you irritate these hairs whereas when you were smoking they were dead.

So maybe vaping isnt for you and perhaps ingestion is the key.

stuey,

sundaddy

PREM said:
sundaddy said:
PREM said:
Hi Guys!

Hi Sundaddy,

Prem

It was Aquoral, it was expensive and hard to find (not something Pharmacies keep on the shelf) I found a RiteAid Pharmacy that ordered for me through my dentist, I think my copay was $30. Try the Biotene line of products too, you can find them at almost all Drug stores, non-prescription. i would bet you've got something going on though. Are you getting sores on your mouth or throat. After much dry mouth/throat you become more susceptible to oral lesions and bacterial infections.

sundaddy,

flowmotion

VapeNStone said:
HighlyEducatedScholar said:
stuey said:

Thanks

except most people buy this PORTABLE vape to be portable lol. Not to sit at home with. I have a Da Buddha for home that the PA MFLB will never hit like.

I originally bought the vape to be portable / stealth / hide with ease. I still used it at home quite frequently, but I could also use it as a portable. The PA allows me to get far better hits whenever I use it at home for $60 - what's so confusing? Honestly, I was happy to make the purchase. They give us a life time warranty and amazing customer service. If there were more useful accessories I could buy for a reasonable price, I'd scoop them up immediately. I love supporting a company like this.

I don't know much about Da Buddha, but from what I've read, the MFLB still wins efficiency wise amongst all of the vapes. I get massive hits from the MFLB with the PA, I choose how much I want to use, and it can sit there as long as I want between hits. Honestly, the hits I get from it are plenty. Sure, getting higher could be better, but that simply means you're using more of your herb. It eventually gets to the point where its unnecessary/ineffecient to do so. The MFLB provides great hits with the PA, and I can simply unplug it and take it with me if I want to. I've gotten too high with the MFLB plenty of times.

I understand that some of the other desktop vapes are more powerful, but I'm not sure what is so confusing about using the power adapter with the box...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8eDJD3mv3k

flowmotion,

stuey

Its not so much confusing as this.

Im going to buy a PA, a WPA and a glass bong.

Thats going to set me back 1/2 - 2/3 of the cost of a desktop vape.

Is it worth my while going the whole hog and buying a desktop vape? or is the MF with the PA and WPA good enough?

Hence the reserch!!!!

stuey,

flowmotion

stuey said:
Its not so much confusing as this.

Im going to buy a PA, a WPA and a glass bong.

Thats going to set me back 1/2 - 2/3 of the cost of a desktop vape.

Is it worth my while going the whole hog and buying a desktop vape? or is the MF with the PA and WPA good enough?

Hence the reserch!!!!

In that case, it may very well be worth getting a desktop vape. It probably is to be honest. I can't get a desktop vape, as I need to be able to hide my stuff easily (still living with the rents in the summer). For me, the purchases were small add-ons that I was willing to make because it's impractical for me to spend money on a desktop vape. It just doesn't make sense for me to get one.

If you want to be able to take your vape on drives/outside/outside of your room, it may be worth getting the PA/WPA/bong. Otherwise, get a desktop vape.

flowmotion,
Top Bottom