Hansel

Hi all,

I've read through Vapourpedia but just wanted to double double check here before I lay down the dollars ;)

So, when drawing on the box with a battery, you use your breath to regulate the heat/flow, fine. Am I correct in assuming that when using the PA, none of that is necessary as the PA provides a steady heat, so you can just go nuts and draw as hard as you like? Or is there still some skill involved when using the PA?

Thanks all :)

Hansel,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hansel said:
Hi all,

I've read through Vapourpedia but just wanted to double double check here before I lay down the dollars ;)

So, when drawing on the box with a battery, you use your breath to regulate the heat/flow, fine. Am I correct in assuming that when using the PA, none of that is necessary as the PA provides a steady heat, so you can just go nuts and draw as hard as you like? Or is there still some skill involved when using the PA?

The PA lets you set a consistent maximum temperature. The vaporizing temperature is still controlled by your draw speed, so if you draw too hard you will reduce or stop vapour production.

What I have done is set the temperature dial at about 30-40%, which is well below the combustion temperature and produces a cooler, tastier vapour. I use the LB without a stem and either take micro-hits or use pyronym's technique. These methods let me avoid any lowering of the vapourizing temperature without having to worry about burning anything. If I drew hard I would have to set the PA higher. I'd risk exceeding the combustion temperature if I inhaled too slowly. Higher temperatures also produce harsher, less tasty vapour, which I don't like but some do.

pakalolo,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Hansel said:
Hi all,

there is still the same skill required for the PA but the difference is that you can decide how much "power" is going to your MFLB and theres no need to worry about batteries dying.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Hansel

pakalolo said:
The PA lets you set a consistent maximum temperature. The vaporizing temperature is still controlled by your draw speed, so if you draw too hard you will reduce or stop vapour production.

What I have done is set the temperature dial at about 30-40%, which is well below the combustion temperature and produces a cooler, tastour. I use the LB without a stem and either take pyronym's technique. These methods let me avoid any lowering of the vapourizing temperature without having to worry about burning anything. If I drew hard I would have to set the PA higher. I'd risk exceeding the combustion temperature if I inhaled too slowly. Higher temperatures also produce harsher, less tasty vapour, which I don't like but some do.

Right, that makes sense, thanks. So it's basically a great way of removing the fear of combustion, as it'll never reach the required combustion temps (assuming the dial is set correctly). You can then take leisurely hits knowing that constant vapour will be produced at a safe temp. Sounds good!

OK, convinced, I'll go order ;)

Hansel,

delta 9

Endymion,
i have had a number of spontaneous pneumothorax in both lungs and have had vats done on both sides a year apart not a pleasant experience by any means. The first time it happened i quit smoking cigs and weed, after a few weeks i vaped using a vapbong(glass test tube vaporizer) and felt fine but vap was awkward to use so i looked online and found this fourm and the magic flight box so i got one and am very pleased with it , i dont think it is doing anything bad to my lungs, my doctor also told me not to smoke cigs but said nothing about cannabis even tho i had told them about smoking it regulary, from research i have done online it seems that tobacco smoke is the one that realy damages your lungs and that smoking cannabis is not as bad and using a vaporizer can reduce harm by 95% or so , from my experience the magic flight box is a great vaporizer and it can replace smoking anywhere unlike vapes that have to be pluged in.
And i have vaped bubble hash in it too no problem but it was full melt so when it vaporized there was nothing left.
I have also got a log vap as was worried about combustion with magic flight box but its just not as convenient been tied to electrical socket and once you get the hang of using the launch box it easy to not combust with it . i have a birch model and they are supposed to not run as hot, i use the short draw stem with a small hole drilled in the side to bring in fresh air with the vapor , it makes it cooler and is less likely to make you cough.

delta 9,

559stonerr

Today is a sad day. Last night magic flight was stolen at a kickback :mad: :( i looked on MFLB website and saw that lost/stolen isnt covered by the warranty. so im fucked? do i need to buy a new one?:rolleyes:

559stonerr,

Ash057

559stonerr said:
Today is a sad day. Last night magic flight was stolen at a kickback :mad: :( i looked on MFLB website and saw that lost/stolen isnt covered by the warranty. so im fucked? do i need to buy a new one?:rolleyes:
If you contact them directly you can buy the box only. Will be much cheaper then buying a full kit.

Ash057,
G

I love my Magic Flight Launch Box!! It's the best piece I've ever bought. It's stealthy and sturdy -- It comes with a lifetime warranty. Can't beat that.

Guest,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Wow, I am approaching 1000 also! I would not have noticed without this, thanks JD.

:tup: :mflb: :cheers:

pakalolo,

nZiFFLe

hello, i was looking to purchase a mflb on vaporizers.ca, but i'm not sure if it's a legit site. it says that it comes with the life-time warranty and features the new lock lid feature, plus it comes with 2 extra batteries, a grinder, and free shipping. http://www.vaporizers.ca/product.php/product_id/850

but i'd like assurance before i make this purchase. thanks.

nZiFFLe,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Get a Launch Box from
1-BlissSville, the Original Distributor...
2-Magic Flight, the Maker......
3-or a known distributor like PuffitUp, or PlanetVape

OR.... gamble as you like.
Forewarned is Forearmed

Vitolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
vaporizers.ca is a legitimate site. I have purchased several LBs from them and have always gotten prompt service. They are authorized dealers for all the products they sell. They ship through Canada Post in a discreet wrapping but they do require a signature for delivery.

pakalolo,

nZiFFLe

pakalolo said:
vaporizers.ca is a legitimate site. I have purchased several LBs from them and have always gotten prompt service. They are authorized dealers for all the products they sell. They ship through Canada Post in a discreet wrapping but they do require a signature for delivery.
they do? i live with my parents and go to university during the day...can i get my dad to sign it or do i have to?

nZiFFLe,

five0five

Hello all just picked up my first MFLB yesterday at black friday sale and that was by far the BEST 53 bucks i have ever spent...lol local smoke shop had black friday sale on vapes and i picked my MFLB for 52 and some change. Awesome vape it blows both my other handhelds away. Beautiful clouds almost as good as my SS.... Like i said "almost" lol but for a handheld this vape is pretty awesome it is sooooooooo small and that little things gives some wicked hits and it has lifetime warrenty... AWESOME........If anyone has any pointers for this MFLB noob please let me know.

five0five,
five0five said:
Hello all just picked up my first MFLB yesterday at black friday sale and that was by far the BEST 53 bucks i have ever spent...lol local smoke shop had black friday sale on vapes and i picked my MFLB for 52 and some change. Awesome vape it blows both my other handhelds away. Beautiful clouds almost as good as my SS.... Like i said "almost" lol but for a handheld this vape is pretty awesome it is sooooooooo small and that little things gives some wicked hits and it has lifetime warrenty... AWESOME........If anyone has any pointers for this MFLB noob please let me know.

You got the deal of the century, congratulations. Read up on the vaporpedia MFLB article, specifically about breath control and "micro-hitting," which is a very useful technique.

charliedontsurf,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I cracked down and bought an MFLB with a PA, any suggestions, usage tips, or wonderful notes on the PA?
What's its heat up time, I am thinking of going PA only after I test the batteries.

paytonpenn,

steven22

Anyone retrofit the new ball feature that keeps the lid closed?

after using a friends new LB, I kinda dislike using rubberbands now.

steven22,
MFLB is an awesome portable vaporizer. Hope to see more of this sustainable quality product. My only critique is the battery, but considering the size, the awkward battery system is a minimal distraction from an otherwise excellent vape.

I've used a Volcano Classic, Vapir NO2 and the original ioLite and the MFLB is my preferred portable vape.

TheDeadPresidents,

sundaddy

Sp3cialK said:
Can't find one of these used for even 25 dollars cheaper. Although I am in the UK.

It will pay for itself very fast, and you won't realize the liberating feeling of being able to get a hit absolutely anywhere you want, until you own one!

sundaddy,
Top Bottom