flowmotion said:
VapeNStone said:
HighlyEducatedScholar said:
the PA is better than the battery because you never have to worry about charging it before use. you can just plug it in and its good to go. also, with the PA you can adjust the level of power going to it so you can have it on a low power for more flavorful hits or a high power for huge clouds. there are more benefits to it but overall is just much more convenient for the MFLB. i literally never use batteries now and love the PA. i highly recommend it.
except most people buy this PORTABLE vape to be portable lol. Not to sit at home with. I have a Da Buddha for home that the PA MFLB will never hit like.

I originally bought the vape to be portable / stealth / hide with ease. I still used it at home quite frequently, but I could also use it as a portable. The PA allows me to get far better hits whenever I use it at home for $60 - what's so confusing? Honestly, I was happy to make the purchase. They give us a life time warranty and amazing customer service. If there were more useful accessories I could buy for a reasonable price, I'd scoop them up immediately. I love supporting a company like this.

I don't know much about Da Buddha, but from what I've read, the MFLB still wins efficiency wise amongst all of the vapes. I get massive hits from the MFLB with the PA, I choose how much I want to use, and it can sit there as long as I want between hits. Honestly, the hits I get from it are plenty. Sure, getting higher could be better, but that simply means you're using more of your herb. It eventually gets to the point where its unnecessary/ineffecient to do so. The MFLB provides great hits with the PA, and I can simply unplug it and take it with me if I want to. I've gotten too high with the MFLB plenty of times.

I understand that some of the other desktop vapes are more powerful, but I'm not sure what is so confusing about using the power adapter with the box...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8eDJD3mv3k
My da buddha is extremely efficient actually it was more efficient than the box in my case. I can load .2 in the da buddha and get 20 head smacking hits!! Not small ones either, so in my mind that efficient enough lol. Then I bought the Arizer solo for my portable needs which is leaps and bounds better then any portable I have ever tried. I can get almost as big of hits out of the solo as my da buddha. The box just never did it for me, which is why I sold it. Even with the 2700's.

VapeNStone,

FG

stuey said:
Its not so much confusing as this.

Im going to buy a PA, a WPA and a glass bong.

Thats going to set me back 1/2 - 2/3 of the cost of a desktop vape.

Is it worth my while going the whole hog and buying a desktop vape? or is the MF with the PA and WPA good enough?

Hence the reserch!!!!

Tough call, I love having both. I use the flight box with batteries and like the lighter buzz from it. To use baseball analogy: the flight box is my starting pitcher and my desk top is the closer.

FG,

Hansel

Sup fellas, quick question if that's OK?

Ordered the LB the other day and just waiting for delivery. As I live in a 240v country, is the included charger multi voltage? I'll obviously need an adapter for the plug, but I have plenty of those :)

Also I'm sure I read that you couldn't use a quick (15m) charger with the stock batteries, but in the manual (from the site) it mentions you can. Anyone know for sure?

Probably better off buying the power adapter rather than the Energizer charger if it comes to that though (and in that case I'd better ask if the PA is 240v safe as well).

Thanks guys

Hansel,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Yes, the PA power supply is 110-240v.

But it's pretty common spec. anyway- it's easily replaced if you want to do away with the US adaptor altogether for better portability.

Dunno about your battery charger. Check on the back of the charger and I'd have thought it would say something about input.

WatTyler,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The charger and PA are both for international voltages. But you will probably need something like this:
14ae936f1bb662c939e62c5f02d09b18--mmf100x100.jpg

Seek,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
stuey said:
Its not so much confusing as this.

Im going to buy a PA, a WPA and a glass bong.

Thats going to set me back 1/2 - 2/3 of the cost of a desktop vape.

Is it worth my while going the whole hog and buying a desktop vape? or is the MF with the PA and WPA good enough?

Hence the reserch!!!!

i very recently completed the combination of MFLB + PA + WPA + glass bong and have never been happier. me and my roommates have been able to take HUGE rips of vapor with the combo and im thoroughly impressed that the little MFLB can put out so much vapor. i would definitely have to say that the MF with the PA and WPA are good enough at least in my book and truly isn't that expensive.

this glass bong is only $20, i have the bent neck one and its great
http://www.gogowholesale.com/pipes-glass_water_pipes-gogo_clear_glass_on_glass_water_pipes.html

that bong + PA + WPA gives a grand total of only $110 to get monster vapor rips. im too lazy to take a video of my own set up but this should definitely convince you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ui7pBU9U8s&feature=related

HighlyEducatedScholar,

flowmotion

JD's videos are what convinced me to make the purchases as well! Saw those clouds coming from the box and knew I had to make a few purchases :D

flowmotion,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hansel said:
Sup fellas, quick question if that's OK?

Ordered the LB the other day and just waiting for delivery. As I live in a 240v country, is the included charger multi voltage? I'll obviously need an adapter for the plug, but I have plenty of those :)

Also I'm sure I read that you couldn't use a quick (15m) charger with the stock batteries, but in the manual (from the site) it mentions you can. Anyone know for sure?

Probably better off buying the power adapter rather than the Energizer charger if it comes to that though (and in that case I'd better ask if the PA is 240v safe as well).

Thanks guys

The stock batteries are LSD. They can be charged in a 15 minute charger but it is not recommended because doing so can reduce the life of the battery. See:

6.5 Will LSD batteries charge in a fast charger?

pakalolo,

Hansel

Can you only buy the PA directly from the Magic Flight website, or do other sites sell it as well? Looking to get one to Australia in the cheapest manner possible :)

Hansel,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've bought two duracells 2450 yesterday. I've heard good reviews about them here and also my old batts are almost 5 months old. They seem powerful - Already finished 2 trenches in speed of light with one and its still not empty. Well, I've done 2 trenches with new stock batteries, so I'll see if they actually exceed them. However they don't fit much snugly, still doing contact, but they can fall out. I'll fix that somehow or I'll deal with it.

Seek,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Seek said:
I've bought two duracells 2450 yesterday. I've heard good reviews about them here and also my old batts are almost 5 months old. They seem powerful - Already finished 2 trenches in speed of light with one and its still not empty. Well, I've done 2 trenches with new stock batteries, so I'll see if they actually exceed them. However they don't fit much snugly, still doing contact, but they can fall out. I'll fix that somehow or I'll deal with it.

Try wrapping some electrical tape around the parts of the batt that don't make connections. Should help.

JDSupreme,
mine finally came today, i recently purchased on puffitup.com. At first i was a little down on the thing because it was small, but the little thing pack a punch, i was so high that i dropped my glass stem and stepped on it without knowing shit, until it was too late :(. Good thing my order came with a extra :D. What an amazing device :o

StonedLikeRock,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Seek said:

I also bought a 4-pack of Duracell 2450 mah batteries this weekend at Walmart. They do not fit as snug as the older batteries I have been using for more than a year.....I was using Powerex Imedion 2400 mah. The loose fit doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it, though. I've already tested them out, and they are great! Almost reminds me of using my PA. I am glad I was able to get them locally, and glad that they are powerful as well! :D

Vicki,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
For those of you who have loose fitting batteries you should try rotating the battery. My Imedion 2400s have a loose fit but if I twist it then I can find a spot thicker then the rest of the battery which makes it fit nice and snug. :2c: :peace:

MM..Food,

Vaperlock

I hope I'm not repeating myself but here it goes. Just a couple observations and comments. I purchased mine around a year ago and it just now gave away as the side of the screen came loose. I can tell you the heating temperature is now much cooler even know everything is somewhat intact.

After a couple drag out e-mails I finally got a replacement. The new LB has a snap top that clicks in place nicely. Good job LB people. The new unit works so well I forgot how well. I do clean my unit using alcohol and a Q-tip. I admit once I soaked the whole thing and it got wicked warped and thought this was going to be deep-sixed. At the next day it straightened out almost like magic and once again I was using it normally.

You might consider purchasing the whip for the LB as it makes the draw a bit more cooler and stronger hit. The AC and car adapter is the holy Grail. Can't live without it and I keep the temperature midway on the power supply. One tip is I do burn away excess ever so often by just turning it on until I see smoke or combustion. It does help but alcohol seems to work even better. After using alcohol turn on your LB and let the alcohol bake-off.

Other than that after spending thousands of dollars on current vape equipment is by far the best unit hands down in every respect. That's my opinion

Vaperlock,
steven22 said:
This might be a long shot, but is there anyone here that wants to sell their Power adapter to me at a "used" price?...

just trying my luck for a deal.

Thanks

----

I am wondering if a power adapter will take away my need to buy the arizer solo.
Well do you want clouds and portability. Or are you ok with just hitting your LB at home? I have owned the LB and now I own the solo. I bought it as a portable vape so the PA is of no interest to me. The solo kills every portable I have had hands down! Nothing gets as big of clouds and has no learning curve, in the portable market. Don't get me wrong I could get banging hits out of the LB but nothing like I can get out of my solo.

VapeNStone,
darkrom said:
Yeah but the MFLB doesn't taste like robot farts lol.
My solo's didn't taste like anything bad. Although my second one was defective I'm sending it back to Arizer for a full repair/replacement and I have my original for when I wait, which has no problems at all.

VapeNStone,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Has anyone encountered "blisters" on the inside of their mouth below when the mflb would rest native style.

I'm curious because I encountered them with a certain type of wood use in the mflb. They blisters are filled with a clear fluid and hurt to the touch.

Elluzion,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Could you explain this in other words perhaps?

Elluzion said:
on the inside of their mouth below when the mflb would rest native style

Because I have no idea how to picture that.

I have experienced something that felt like minor blistering on my palate when I first started using my lighter based vapes, but that was clearly from sucking in to much heat. I always burn my mouth really fast though, I usually can't even drink my coffee without burning myself, while my company has long finished their cup and are ready for seconds. Never really understood why though, it seems odd that one mouth burns at different temps than others, but apparently that's how it is.

OhTheAgony,

sundaddy

It sounds less like the blisters are from heat, and more of an irritation, whether from the wood drying out your mouth, bacteria from your mouth, concentration of vapor in one area, or possibly a wood allergy. In any case I would use the mouthpiece. Could be oral apthosis, have your dentist call you in some MagicMouthwash (prescription only).

sundaddy,
Top Bottom