AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
flowmotion said:
AceTK said:
propjoe said:
i got the power adapter in the mail today. i highly recommend it. its a world of difference compared to using the batteries.

If you put on the lowest setting does the herb still combust if left without toking or does the temp stabilise? I'm really looking to avoid any risk of combustion. Thanks

Pretty sure its never going to combust at the lowest temperature unless you let it sit for a looooong time. As far as I've been able to tell, airflow still greatly affects temperature, but at the lowest setting, I don't think there's much risk of combustion even if you don't pull at all.

Ah excellent. Thanks

propjoe said:
you have to press the button on the end of the battery to get the heat going.

the PA is really great. it makes the LB perfect. the heat is very easy to control and it is very precise as well.
i got the one foot tubing to go along with my upgrade and that is really nice too.
i think i know what i'll be doing tonight.

Thanks, do you have to hold the button in for heat or can you click it and leave it on or off?

AceTK,

propjoe

Thanks, do you have to hold the button in for heat or can you click it and leave it on or off?

you have to hold the button to continue getting heat. the button is really nice. it's got a little click when pressing it down.

propjoe,

propjoe

the PA w/ the 1 foot tube is awesome. i combusted a bit last night. my tranche is a bit scorched.
but wow the high really creeps up on you with this thing. i'm loving it.

propjoe,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Propjoe how often would you say you get burnouts? Typically I seem to get them towards the end of a bowl but sometimes little after start if the element is doing the toast on one side thing.

AceTK,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
propjoe said:
AceTK said:
Mixed results from my MFLB so far. Often il get burnouts and using without a bong attachment gives me ulcars on my tongue where the hot air flows. Is it common for one side of the trench to get really hot and char grill while other stays ok? Also i'm wondering if the power adaptor might help maybe i can turn down the juice a bit.

i recently started using the LB. i get ulcers or blister inside of my lip after using it for awhile. i bought the PA and the 2foot tube. i hope that helps.
i like the LB. I don't get the hits that I see people get on youtube with it though.

Actually, I will admit that this happened to me too. Using the LB I would get blisters and these little clear filled bubbles on the inside of my lip.

Here is the weird part.

I have 2 launch boxes. One is a 876876 (older) and I think it was made of birch? and I have a newer one made with a completely different wood. The weird thing is the older ones wood doesn't get as hot and never burned my mouth or lip, and I never got these bubbles with it. So I blame it on the wood, which sucks because i'm not sure why MF changed the wood type. I can take pictures of mine soon to figure out what type of wood it was, but it's way better IMO than the wood being produced now

Elluzion,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Elluzion said:
propjoe said:
AceTK said:
Mixed results from my MFLB so far. Often il get burnouts and using without a bong attachment gives me ulcars on my tongue where the hot air flows. Is it common for one side of the trench to get really hot and char grill while other stays ok? Also i'm wondering if the power adaptor might help maybe i can turn down the juice a bit.

i recently started using the LB. i get ulcers or blister inside of my lip after using it for awhile. i bought the PA and the 2foot tube. i hope that helps.
i like the LB. I don't get the hits that I see people get on youtube with it though.

Actually, I will admit that this happened to me too. Using the LB I would get blisters and these little clear filled bubbles on the inside of my lip.

Here is the weird part.

I have 2 launch boxes. One is a 876876 (older) and I think it was made of birch? and I have a newer one made with a completely different wood. The weird thing is the older ones wood doesn't get as hot and never burned my mouth or lip, and I never got these bubbles with it. So I blame it on the wood, which sucks because i'm not sure why MF changed the wood type. I can take pictures of mine soon to figure out what type of wood it was, but it's way better IMO than the wood being produced now

Thanks Elluzion. Yeah ive made myself a really simple perc for my MFLB and it cools it down nice. Just wish I could custom make a really small perc that just slotted on the end and took up about 1/3 of the size that the LB does. Then you could have a one handed cool toking LB. I've also toyed with the idea to make a pulsed dc mod that would allow me to have a simple battery vape temp controller and tuner so that the battery output is expressed as a PWM duty cycle from a simple adjustable timer circuit controlled by a slider/3-way rocker switch. Really though at the moment really looking to just solve the mini perc issue. I wondered about adding some one way valves to the bong so that if you blew into it you could not flood the MFLB with water. Also if the device is in your pocket it needs to have a simple way to plug itself that does not involve little clips hanging off that get snagged and broken easy. Anything spring to mind? :p

AceTK,
Hello, all. :)

Long time lurker here. I got a MFLB about a month ago after watching a couple videos on youtube. I had really high hopes for it, but I haven't been all that impressed.

I'm not the most experienced toker, only smoking a few times before first vaping, but the high I get from smoking is a lot different and much, much more comfortable. The high I get from vaping is pretty short lived and resembles the second 'experiment' in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2cAFRAX3Gs

I actually vaped once with hash on a bit of AVB, and it was incredibly enjoyable. I went shopping, laughing and blazed out of my mind. That was when I first got my mflb, so either my weed is crap or I've been doing something wrong since.

I believe my weed is pretty good. It's supposedly bubba kush, reeks when the container is opened and it's pretty covered with crystals. I used nail scissors to chop up the bud until it resembles coarse ('Kosher') salt (Actually, a bit coarser, more like peppercorns or even a touch coarser). I'm not sure if that's fine enough, because it's pretty fluffy in the bowl. Maybe I should grind finer and lightly pack so it has more surface area?

When I vape, I let it warm up with the battery pressed for 5-8 seconds. Then I do a mixture of a long 'sip' and little puffs, followed by a deep breath of air. Held for 10 seconds each time. The last few times, the vapor almost had a smoky taste to it, but otherwise it's a light, piny tasting vapor. I've never gone through a whole trench in a session, the most I've vaped in a single session was a 3/4 full trench, last night, until it turned brown/black. Same high as I mentioned before.

The only thing I haven't ruled out is that my grind is too coarse. I might not be cutting it up enough, thus only little pieces are touching the screen and burning. That's the only thing I can think of. Or my weed might just look good, and crappy in reality. Should I try another source of bud? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BongPipeJoint,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I would say try a finder grind for starters, and even dump/crush/repack your trench (in the palm of your hand) after a few hits. This will help get it to that finer consistency as well.

You also might want to look into a few other strains as well - from what it sounds like, you might be a bigger fan of heavy Indica dominant strains as it appears that you seem to enjoy the 'couch lock' effect that smoking can provide.

Vaporizing tends to give you more THC and some of the lower temperature CBD/CBN and ultimately results in more of a 'head high' as opposed to the 'body stone' that it seems you describe. Your MFLB should easily be able to accomplish this for you - but a 'bigger hitter' vape might also be the solution you are looking for as well.

Stick with it and good luck!

AGBeer,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I am definitely no expert on the MFLB, in fact I really don't like mine that much. Good for hotels though. However, a fine grind and dry medicine are very important. I would recommend a grinder. I like the Space Case titanium but there are tons of options out there for you and lots of great info on this site.

t-dub

t-dub,
I would like to just jump on in here and say that MFLB has the best customer service hands down I dropped my box from pocket to grocery store floor and the lid broke off and I got reply back in less than 24 hours I was contacted on a Sunday by customer service :o yes I said it correctly SUNDAY. never in my life have I been so impressed by this act full knowledge there is nothing they can do at the time to correct my problem (no shipping on sunday's) yet still touched base with me. YOU GUYS ARE GREAT... well on the way to having more loyal people than jesus..Thank you MFLB crew.

Willuminati,

johnquach

hopefully ordering the box tomorrow. a few questions though.
1.how long does it take to fully charge the stock batteries? on the mflb online store it says the stock charger will charge 2 batteries in 4 hrs. but on the mflb battery faq it says it takes 8-12 hours to charge a battery. what is the true charging time?
2. if it took 8 hrs to charge the batteries, wouldn't they get too hot?
3. how can u tell when charging is completed with the stock charger?

johnquach,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
1. That FAQ is outdated. Today's stock chargers charge 4 batteries in max 4 hrs. 1 battery two times faster. And the max is important too. It count when the battery is totally discharged. Usually it it half of that, because they're still half-charged when done with 1 trench (and doing trench with a non-fresh battery is not that good). So true charging time is 0-2 hrs for 1 battery and 0-4 hrs for 2 batteries.

2. No, vice versa, the faster the charger is, the hotter batteries get. They get the same hot as using in the box when taken out from the stock charger - that is okay. A slow charger like that 8 hrs should leave them cold.

3. With the stock charger (flashing green leds - charging) is charged indicated by solid green.

Seek,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hi all.

Just a quickie to say hi. Had my MFLB for a few weeks now and love it. Was up in London last week staying in a hotel. Got totally ripped without setting off the smoke detector...gotta love that :p

@Johnquach Seek is right. I took both stock batteries to 0 power on a night out and had them both fully charged again with the stock charger in less than 3 hours - think I'll be ordering a couple more batteries for those long nights out.

J.R.R.Tokin',

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
johnquach said:
hopefully ordering the box tomorrow. a few questions though.
1.how long does it take to fully charge the stock batteries? on the mflb online store it says the stock charger will charge 2 batteries in 4 hrs. but on the mflb battery faq it says it takes 8-12 hours to charge a battery. what is the true charging time?
2. if it took 8 hrs to charge the batteries, wouldn't they get too hot?
3. how can u tell when charging is completed with the stock charger?

Can you point exactly to the part of the MFLB FAQ where it states 8-12 hours to charge a battery? The official online FAQ is based on the Vaporpedia entry that I maintain, and I can't find this reference in either place. Both sources, however, mention several times that Magic-Flight stock charger takes 2-4 hours.

pakalolo,

stuey

t-dub said:
I am definitely no expert on the MFLB, in fact I really don't like mine that much. Good for hotels though. However, a fine grind and dry medicine are very important. I would recommend a grinder. I like the Space Case titanium but there are tons of options out there for you and lots of great info on this site.

t-dub

TBH you probably arent grinding fine enough.

I have 3 space cases (all Titanium) and different sizes and none of then produce a fine enough grind for the MF. I had to buy an electric coffee grinder to get a fine enough grind.

Also your may not be hitting it right. Watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz68fCk97fM&feature=related

Youll notice that although he is using a hand grinder, its about half the size of the smallest Titanium space case.. the SC scout might be this size.

I saw a friend grind some weed a few weeks ago with a really small grinder and was shocked of the difference between the grind he got and the grind I get with a SC.

Id get a coffee grinder, but if you want to get a hand grinder try and get something with the diameter shown in the video.

Best wishes

stuey,

al bundy

Vaporist
puff it up has a grinder for the MFLB also i hold my 3 piece upside down while grinding to keep herb in grinder longer.
I also have a 1.5 sharpstone that works great for it.

al bundy,

plurr

I got rid of the plastic but there's still this coating of semi-sticky stuff, just gotta be diligent I guess!

plurr,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
plurr said:
I got rid of the plastic but there's still this coating of semi-sticky stuff, just gotta be diligent I guess!

Goo gone (walmart), iso, wd40, all good things to take off batt sticker gunk

JDSupreme,

stuey

VapeNStone said:
plurr said:
I just left it on lol. Eventually it will all wear off

A little bit of petrol on an old cloth will cut right through it.

stuey,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
johnquach: these were some examples. And I would call the stock charger a fast charger. It has protections to overcharging that slow chargers don't need. But there are also much faster fast chargers that can charge a batt in like 15 minutes. These need to have several high quality protections.

Seek,
Top Bottom