JDSupreme

Head of Pot
stickstones said:
just tell them every time you use the unit your vapor tastes like shit

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Went to bed early last night and reading all these posts is a great way to start my day

@Dberm please keep us posted im curious as to what they'll do. I was hitting mine in a port-a-john the other day and thought "If I drop this in there im going in after it" It would be quite the "blue box"

JDSupreme,

weedemon

enthusiast
I just wanted to say I am still loving my water pipe adapter. It is seeing a lot of use.

to hit it when going though a bong, I like to pull through 1 or 2 bubbles, wait a few seconds and repeat. this time is longer than i wait for normal micro-hitting! I can get really thick vapor off it in this fashion. It also cashes my trench a lot faster because of the higher heat i am putting the trench though with this technique.

one night i thought i broke it when the wood came off of the ground glass base. when i tried to put ti back on it went back on no problem. i twisted it to try to find a tighter fitting, but it didn't seem to really matter how it was twisted. as a potential innovation to this perhaps when the wood is bored out it can be designed as much that when twisted on it could tighten a touch? It is totally functional still and working just was well as before!

Also I was really surprised to see the amount of honey sitting on that ground glass fitting already! with it coming off the wood cleaning is going to be a snap! :)

weedemon,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Dberm, you have the shittiest flight box ever! :lol:

I would bet dollars to donuts that MF replaces the shit box! They replaced one of mine because it got wet and warped due to my stupidity.

Btw, I posted a few weeks ago that I bought the vinyl covers for my box from etsy. I got two for $4 and they work great.

2011-08-08_22-25-57_958.jpg

2011-08-08_22-27-05_325.jpg

mvapes,

cluffy

Vaker
weedemon said:
one night i thought i broke it when the wood came off of the ground glass base. when i tried to put ti back on it went back on no problem. i twisted it to try to find a tighter fitting, but it didn't seem to really matter how it was twisted. as a potential innovation to this perhaps when the wood is bored out it can be designed as much that when twisted on it could tighten a touch? It is totally functional still and working just was well as before!

I noticed this also. If you look inside the wood piece where the glass goes in there is a groove with what looks like glue in it. I'm thinking I can make that groove a little deeper and put an o-ring in there.

cluffy,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
cluffy said:
weedemon said:

I noticed this also. If you look inside the wood piece where the glass goes in there is a groove with what looks like glue in it. I'm thinking I can make that groove a little deeper and put an o-ring in there.

Thats what I was thinking. I was going to hit up a hardware store today and get some o-rings. Mine has a wobble to it. I'm thinking an o-ring on the glass part that the wood sits on (so that the oring stops the wpa as it sits) might work. I'm not sure if you could get an oring in that groove inside...

Or I might find something to permanently seal it on the glass....

I'd really like to see a solid, all glass + pushback/seal ring WPA

JDSupreme,
Hey Vit, JD, and everyone else that told me not to give up I want to say thank you. I gotta tell you I was about to then the Power Adapter arrived in the mail. Can I say awesomeness in a small package, I tweaked the knob a bit till the light inside looked as bright as a fresh powerex and damn near instant vape with no charring. It is such a huge change I got so vaked last night I made the mistake of tellin my girlfriend "If this thing (MFLB) gave head and could make biscuits she would be replaced." Not good...Not good...

Willuminati,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Willuminati said:
Hey Vit, JD, and everyone else that told me not to give up I want to say thank you. I gotta tell you I was about to then the Power Adapter arrived in the mail. Can I say awesomeness in a small package, I tweaked the knob a bit till the light inside looked as bright as a fresh powerex and damn near instant vape with no charring. It is such a huge change I got so vaked last night I made the mistake of tellin my girlfriend "If this thing (MFLB) gave head and could make biscuits she would be replaced." Not good...Not good...

There ya go buddy!! No problemo! That's what we here for!!

Head and biscuits :lol: :lol: ya prob not the best thing to say to the gf hahahaha

JDSupreme,

weedemon

enthusiast
cluffy said:

You're right! I like that idea nice thinking man! :) I have a bunch of rubber washer that i used for my ssv tubing and I think it might be about the right diameter to fit in there. I will see if they fit.

*humm they are a bit too big still I will hi t him up about a smaller size when I see him next :)

JDSupreme said:
Thats what I was thinking. I was going to hit up a hardware store today and get some o-rings. Mine has a wobble to it. I'm thinking an o-ring on the glass part that the wood sits on (so that the oring stops the wpa as it sits) might work. I'm not sure if you could get an oring in that groove inside...

I also agree after looking at it. to fit a washer between the glass stem insert and the wood is far too tight. we would need to dig out some of the wood on the inside and then put a washer inside for the glass to rest around. I think it would really go a ways to restrict the airflow from anywhere but the draw hole. not that the airflow is bad to begin with really, but i think mf is of the opinion that innovations are key also! hence 67+? revisions of our beloved box to date! :p

Willuminati said:

Really glad to hear it's working out for you now. the power adapter is a great device. if you want to mark you favourite spot i suggest using some of the gf's nail polish and add a little colour to your dial!

how i did it was this. I dialed it all the way to the max. and marked the top end by the plus sign. after doing this i found out where I liked it dialed in (at about the - sign with my marking)

hope that's useful to ya!

lmao man your funny! if she ever asks you who is hotter, her or anyone else for gods sake say it's her :cool:

weedemon,

lwien

Willuminati said:
It is such a huge change I got so vaked last night I made the mistake of tellin my girlfriend "If this thing (MFLB) gave head and could make biscuits she would be replaced." Not good...Not good...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lwien,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
weedemon said:
JDSupreme said:

I also agree after looking at it. to fit a washer between the glass stem insert and the wood is far too tight. we would need to dig out some of the wood on the inside and then put a washer inside for the glass to rest around. I think it would really go a ways to restrict the airflow from anywhere but the draw hole. not that the airflow is bad to begin with really, but i think mf is of the opinion that innovations are key also! hence 67+? revisions of our beloved box to date! :p

I can put my finger over the WPA hole and still get a tiny bit of air through even when it's seated properly. Im also wondering if its not a 100% perfect seal for a reason. A perfect seal might be a bit too much draw to produce good vapor when you compare the draw of a bong opposed to stem/native. You may need that little bit of extra airflow...

lmao man your funny! if she ever asks you who is hotter, her or anyone else for gods sake say it's her

I don't know the LB gets pretty hot if you leave the batt in and dont draw :D

JDSupreme,

weedemon

enthusiast
JDSupreme said:
Im also wondering if its not a 100% perfect seal for a reason. A perfect seal might be a bit too much draw to produce good vapor when you compare the draw of a bong opposed to stem/native. You may need that little bit of extra airflow...

You may be on to something about that. not creating a perfect seal when hitting it normally gives me hotter hits and i like that too! :)

weedemon,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
weedemon said:
JDSupreme said:
Im also wondering if its not a 100% perfect seal for a reason. A perfect seal might be a bit too much draw to produce good vapor when you compare the draw of a bong opposed to stem/native. You may need that little bit of extra airflow...

You may be on to something about that. not creating a perfect seal when hitting it normally gives me hotter hits and i like that too! :)

I def notice a difference depending on how the wood is seated on the glass. One way def gets me thicker vapor.

I'll report back when I get some o-rings to fuck around with....

JDSupreme,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Dberm said:
The MF clears my head if anything, it's that damn pbr and whiskey that gets me shit-faced!

I have no idea if they'd replace it. I haven't had the guts to move it since being sober let alone turn the thing on... I hate to think what THAT would smell like with how it is now.

I dont expect them to replace it and I wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't, but the warranty does mention something to the effect of if your stupidity ruins this device we'll replace it. I'd definitely say this falls under the stupidity category! I am just bummed because I lost my favorite portable vaporizer and I'm not in a situation to replace it anytime soon.

I was completely serious about replacing it if they don't. You will get another LB.

pakalolo,

stroh

errl enthusiast
it warms my heart seeing such generosity and benevolence not only from the manufacturer, but also from the individual members of this wonderful community. FC is truly a special place :)

stroh,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
stroh said:
it warms my heart seeing such generosity and benevolence not only from the manufacturer, but also from the individual members of this wonderful community. FC is truly a special place :)

It really is stroh, and D's box is full of shit! :D

mvapes,
pakalolo said:
Dberm said:
The MF clears my head if anything, it's that damn pbr and whiskey that gets me shit-faced!

I have no idea if they'd replace it. I haven't had the guts to move it since being sober let alone turn the thing on... I hate to think what THAT would smell like with how it is now.

I dont expect them to replace it and I wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't, but the warranty does mention something to the effect of if your stupidity ruins this device we'll replace it. I'd definitely say this falls under the stupidity category! I am just bummed because I lost my favorite portable vaporizer and I'm not in a situation to replace it anytime soon.

I was completely serious about replacing it if they don't. You will get another LB.
wow such generosity! Its actually unfathomable for me, because of how everyone in my life is either a freeloader or a sneak. I couldn't even think of someone actually doing it. I guess there is still hope for this world after all.

VapeNStone,

Dberm

Pakalolo that is amazingly generous of you! I couldn't agree more, it is really cool to see someone who I've never even met in real life offering to help someone who suffers from their own stupidity! Good karma to you, there aren't enough nice people in the world!

Thank you very much for the support guys. I am happy to report that I just heard back from MF and it looks like they're going to help me out! I'm really stoked, didn't really think they'd help me out but here I am less than 24 hours after sending in my warranty email and the issue is already resolved.

Another extremely happy customer here! Best money I ever spent!

Dberm,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
JDSupreme said:
Awesome! Your new LB should be "the shit" :lol: :lol:

LMAO - I feel like I'm in elementary school and someone just said doody! :D

Good times here on FC!

mvapes,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Dberm said:
Pakalolo that is amazingly generous of you! I couldn't agree more, it is really cool to see someone who I've never even met in real life offering to help someone who suffers from their own stupidity! Good karma to you, there aren't enough nice people in the world!

Thank you very much for the support guys. I am happy to report that I just heard back from MF and it looks like they're going to help me out! I'm really stoked, didn't really think they'd help me out but here I am less than 24 hours after sending in my warranty email and the issue is already resolved.

Another extremely happy customer here! Best money I ever spent!

Wow! If that doesn't say how amazing Magic-Flight's warranty is then I don't want to know what does.

aesthyrian,

Markus

What is the optimal volume of a water piece to fill and clear in one shot while filling only the lower lungs?
It's fun to blow clouds, if you have plenty to spare, but my question is:
What is the the best average volume to shoot for in oz., for maximum efficiency?
Opinions?

Markus,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have a few. I love them.. they feel good on my lips and have a nice "essence" cools vapor some too. My wife does not care for hers much (except for looks) when she uses box (she only vapes tobacco) she likes glass.
I think they are a great addition and a collectors item.

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Markus said:
What is the optimal volume of a water piece to fill and clear in one shot while filling only the lower lungs?
It's fun to blow clouds, if you have plenty to spare, but my question is:
What is the the best average volume to shoot for in oz., for maximum efficiency?
Opinions?
200-250 ml

Vitolo,
Top Bottom