mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
How does one get a custom mflb? JD has Zebrawood, now Birch...where are these? Are they much more expensive?

mvapes,

BirchMFLB

Cannabis Connoisseur
My LB is not custom. It was actually less expensive, only $100. I ordered in October 2010 before they switched to maple. I do prefer birch over maple but understand why they had to change woods.

BirchMFLB,

Nycdeisel

Birch is actually the OLD wood. as in, all the LBs USED to be made from Birch. No longer, they are now made with maple wood.
I believe JD is an exception ;) hes like a MF representative

Nycdeisel,

nr-cole

I believe Magic-Flight is willing to make custom boxes out of your choice of wood if you ask nicely and pay a premium. Don't know any of the details.

nr-cole,

stroh

errl enthusiast
goodness if that is so, i just might need to get myself a block of purpleheart and ask reaaally nicely

stroh,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
MmMMmmm...

African Mahogany.
african-mahogany-wood.jpg

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Damn, Magic Flight is going to have to put me on the payroll, to justify the praise I'm giving them and the perks I get in return. Well, OK... there's more to it than that.

So I get this phone call today, Caller ID pops up with "Magic-Flight" (yes, I have their number stored). I answer and start a delightful conversation with customer service, calling to make sure I sent the entire contents, I purchased from CT Power Tools. I explained that I had sent it directly to Delia, and the delivery confirmation. So then we move into talking about the scammer. I'm sharing info of what I found on the web, what others here have noticed and some of the theories. Personally, I agree with those that suspect some sort of lost shipment scam.

So then she says, I put you on speaker, because I want my manager to hear this. We talk some more. Then, get this. In gratitude for all I've done, taking the time to inform, report and investigate... I'm told I should be expecting my WPA and PA in the mail, next week.

Honestly, I have not seen such rapport and genuine concern for customers, since I was growing up in Norman, OK back in the early 70s. I will sing the praises of this company from the rooftops. Today, I gave my local co-op a 1/2 hour lecture on why vaping and Magic-Flight are the best things going.

BigDaddyVapor,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
pakalolo said:
Vicki said:
I always thought I didn't really need a PA as I have a TON of low and high self discharge rechargeable batteries. Some of the batteries are not as strong as they used to be. I'm in the process of a "Refresh and Analyze" cycle for all the batteries, and will be discarding any below 2000 MaH.

I should have at least 10 batteries left after that, and I'll also have the PA. :)

I too have always considered the PA non-essential, but I'm starting to crack. I might just break down and order one when I get back from Maui. I know I really don't need yet another power cord/desktop clutter item in my life, but the stories here are starting to convince me it might be worth it after all. The idea of a consistent power setting is appealing.

I agree, that's what finally did it for me. Now I can save for batteries for traveling and power outages. :)

Vicki,

cluffy

Vaker
BigDaddyVapor said:
Of course... I still can't beat The Shitty Box story. :cool:

I dunno, they threw in a PA for your troubles? I'd say that beats it hands down. And you thought you were dreaming when they offered to just replace your package?

cluffy,

stroh

errl enthusiast
both of you are in for a great treat, the PA is phenomenal when you're not on the go, consistent power on every puff and the ability to change said temp with the flick of a dial is super handy.

stroh,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
stroh said:
both of you are in for a great treat, the PA is phenomenal when you're not on the go, consistent power on every puff and the ability to change said temp with the flick of a dial is super handy.

I am really excited and can't wait to try it out. :)

Vicki,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
cluffy said:
I dunno, they threw in a PA for your troubles? I'd say that beats it hands down. And you thought you were dreaming when they offered to just replace your package?

Heck, it was nice just hearing from them. Everyone there and Blissville, that I have talked to, are a pleasure to deal with. So at first, she said she was going to send me the WPA, which is way cool. I just usually vape on the go. But, having it, when I want it... is nice. But then she threw in the PA also. I about dropped in my tracks. I swear I was at their website the other night. I was just about to order it, when I stopped myself. Spending the $119 (to a crook), took a bite out of our budget... so I decided to wait, with the promise to myself to get it later. Will come in nice, when the house is a bit quieter (even medicinal isn't cool with my wife).

When they say, they care about their customers... they're not kidding around. I felt it, talking to them. Heck, just my email interaction with Delia, you can tell. The side-effect of that... is building customers for life. The MFLB fits my lifestyle and needs. I can't ever see that changing. Well, until I send them a chunk of Brazilian Mahogany (I think African is illegal) and a chunk of change to make me a BDVLB (BigDaddyLaunchBox).

BigDaddyVapor,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
The cat avatars are attacking!!!

Run for the hills!!! LOL

edit: this post is necessary because if lwien would have posted next it would have been a trifecta of cats and my mind cant handle that hahahah

JDSupreme,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Tell me about it. I hate cats. Or at least I keep telling myself that. For some reason, the little bastards love me. Plus, they're so freaking cute.

BigDaddyVapor,

Depayne

vaporous
<---newb poster, so I'm pre-sry if this is out of place (or for any other tardness).

I haven't seen anybody else doing this? But it really works well for me: I always add a coin on top of the trough of my mflb. I've attached a pic showing several denominations of coins, and - after much analysis <cough> - the 2 Euro performs the best. It fits tightly enough to prevent load shift during transport, it seals the box from any lid leakage during the hit, and it gets hot - but not too hot - like, it bakes the contents most thoroughly and efficiently by reflecting or generating heat from above. I believe the 2 euro does this best because it's so much copper and brass and nickel - great heat and electricity conduction. The LED inside the unit actually fluxes during preheat - it waxes and wanes each second, as (I presume), the euro draws off some of the charge? In any case - it's well worth it. The GB 50p is neat and heptagonal, but gets snugged upon heating, and is therefore hard to remove; the slightly smaller (and round) Suisse 2 franc fits in more neatly than the pic shows, but is still too tight for general usage; the Japanese 500 yen is ok, but just doesn't heat the herb as much - maybe it's just zinc and...something else. The Euro is perfect, though - fits right and really evens out the cooking. The bowl is browned on both the bottom and the top surfaces, even after a single hit.

Several caveats: I am at ~6000 feet ASL - and it should be easier to vape, but I dunno, lacking geographical comparative sources - it seems like everything boils late , up here; also, I rehydrate nearly all my bud, usually by the oz. The gear out of my local dispensaries is well-cured, but the bulk handling makes for some occasionally dusty-tasting weed, here in this high and dry mountain air. So I dampen the lid of my mason jar stash, and after a few days, it's as if the buds just fell straight from Ja's sticky fingertips. It's just an aesthetic/taste thing. These are merely reasons why my 374 F might not be as functional as it is otherwhere's...hence my coin on top.

Anyway, I'd love to know if anybody else does this - or has any thoughts on it, either pneumatic or numismatic :cool:

Thanks for all the great threaded info hereabouts, ciao!

mflb%252520coinage.jpg

*edited to figure out this picasa link thing

Depayne,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Depayne: The rails holding the screen are connected directly to the battery (without any resistance, the screen itself acts like a resistor). So placing any current-carrying metal on the rails cause immediate SHORT CIRCUIT. Box should be okay (only thing i can imagine is the acrylic cover melting, on pictures i see it didn't happen yet), but you are on a good way to kill your batteries.

Depayne said:
The LED inside the unit actually fluxes during preheat - it waxes and wanes each second, as (I presume), the euro draws off some of the charge?
Even after this you didn't notice, there is something wrong happening? Yes, the coin draws EVERYTHING. I think your screen doesn't heat anymore and all heat you are generating is from the short circuit.
Also the light is not a LED, it is a micro light bulb.

Anyway what you should do now is take out the coin if there's any and do not put any back again. If you have something that can measure batteries, you should check if they are okay. If so, you are happy, if not you will need new batteries.

Seek,

weedemon

enthusiast
never heard of that before! sounds interesting! thank you for sharing with us!

oh and welcome to FC! great first post!

weedemon,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Seek: You clearly understand how the MFLB works (everything you say about that is correct) except Depayne says it works well. Weird and interesting idea.

I think you're right though, the heat is coming from the coin above and not the screen.

Edited to clarify foggy expression...

pakalolo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
He can get vapor that way, even more, because short circuit generates much more heat, too much. The coin have to be hot to combustion point, but is not in contact with herb, so it doesn't conduct much heat into it, so it only vaporizes. But the batteries can't thank him. It must be very inefficient ad dangerous.

Seek,

caseball2051

i think it says alot that theres a hurricane coming, and the only real thing i prepared for was if the power goes out and my desktop vapes wont work.

charge your batteries folks!

ahahahaa love my box.

caseball2051,

Nycdeisel

thats what I was thinking about too!

this is when only having 2 mflb batteries is not acceptable

Nycdeisel,

nr-cole

Heh, if you're preparing for a long-term power outage scenario, better make sure the batteries you stock up on are 2400s!

In serious news I have a question for everyone. When I pack a trench and put my box in my pocket to take for a walk, a small amount of herb gets stuck between the wood and the plexiglass after it's bounced around in my pocket for a bit. It's not a huge deal but it does bug me just a little bit. I have the ball-catch version and I'm wondering if people who use an elastic go through the same thing?

nr-cole,

Nycdeisel

Of course! those people with only 2700s wont be laughing now at my 2400 LSD batteries :D

Where does it get stuck, in the air intake groove near the metal part that holds the lid down?

If so, try just placing that side up in your pocket, put the mouthpiece end in first.

If you mean between the wood somehwere else, I dont know.

Nycdeisel,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
nr-cole, I get fine particles stuck up by the hinge/rod... I have some there now, actually. Sometimes I can slide a piece of crisp paper in there to wedge it out, but it's actually too tight a fit to get the couple crumbs in there out... you get used to it after a few months ha. Then one day, they fall out and you get really excited... and then a couple crumbs fall awkwardly back into place.

such is the tough life of a vaporist... haha.

OTHER NEWS: any fans of Chubbs/Nuggetry on Youtube?
LINK
http://youtu.be/QW5ToiNfeOQ
one of those should work...

I was wondering how that 15 arm would do... the price is like... wow... I'm broke right now, but it's always something to look forward to, right? Too much percolation for MFLB? Is too much percolation a problem? Like JD, I stutter my hits with the WPA and milk just fine... I'm sure the same would apply to this as well. So, any of you on the hunt for good glass, there's an option.

Also, if you have the PA, can you turn it up high enough that you don't have to stutter your hits with WPA to milk it? Or is the risk of burning too high? I know. I know. I should probably just get one to test for myself... I'll give you the number to my college and you can complain about book costs haha.

The hundred dollar chameleon I got on craigslist set me back too... but I digress, back to forum topics and whatnot.

wake n blake,
Top Bottom