Nycdeisel

Me neither, I would love to see that though! here in this great city! Im sure its quite fun but too risky for me. Im sure I wont get to catch someone hitting theirs in the open.

Nycdeisel,

sundaddy

Yeah, that's one advantage to having big hands, I can cover the entire box where nobody can see it. I tend to put my arms in the "thinker" pose, and hit it anywhere I want.

sundaddy,

Esco

I love hitting it in the Gym parking lot. I also use the "Thinker" pose sundaddy. Many times whilst being under the influence I have sat thinking watched as outsiders stare back. I am sure they cannot see what I'm doing, but they have to think, WTF is that guy thinking about in his car for 15 minutes listening to Nujabes?

Esco,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I will admit to a little help in making the box function in a stealthy manner.
The glass stem is long.. and trying to hit the box "native" causes you to move your head and neck in an unnatural position.
My secret tool is a "shorty stem"
The acrylic stems are only 1 dollar each... and are easily sawed off. I used a shortened stem, that was given to me by a friend... I have since cut some of acrylic for a couple friends too!
Photoon2011-07-20at1207.jpg

Vitolo,

sundaddy

Yeah, I took a Dremmel cut-off wheel and cut my stems in half, then sanded the rough edges.

sundaddy,

Nycdeisel

How did you cut the acrylic? the MFLB originally came with a type of half stem, about the length of the wood one you have there. I kind of wish they still made those little ones :/

Nycdeisel,
Hammerzeit said:
Man. Cleaning the glue off these batteries is...hard. I've got two covered with a little WD-40 atm (not the terminals)...anyone got tips on getting this gunk off?

Hopefully I can get my LB back in action soon. Misplaced the charger somewhere...if I put the stock batteries in a charger that is intended for 2300 mah batteries, it should just take longer to charge right? I'm not very good with electrical stuff. :p

Maybe another user mentioned it but see if this helps.

Items:
1 Bottle of Goo Gone
1 Green Wash Pad (Non Metalic) or Microfiber Cloth
2-3 Sheet Paper Towel
1 Razor
1 Plate
1 pair of latex/plastic gloves

1st Step- Carefully use razor to peel off battery.
2nd- pour small layer of Goo Gone into plate.
3rd- Place batteries lying down on plate with Goo gone. Be sure that the layer of goo gone is below the positive end of baterry. and let sit for two minutes then rotate 180 degress and let sit for another two minutes.
4th- Use paper towel to hold one end of a soaked battery and use pad/cloth and firmly scrub battery (carefully use razor for difficult spots).
5th- alternate to negative end and repeat as step 4.
6th- use paper towel and wipe off excess goo gone.
Thats how I did mine :)

mflb_hustler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I cut the first one with a "Ginsu" knife. I did the next couple with a neighbors jewelry saw.. a thin blade saw.
jewelers saw
I used a fingernail buffing tool (those pink ones like a fat emery board) to smooth the edges.

Vitolo,

al bundy

Vaporist
i use the short stem from the whip tubing that came with the box there's two.
i also cut down the wooden stem like Vito has pictured to the size of the short stem from the whip.

you could cut it with a fine hack saw blade, a tubing cutter.
i used a dremmel like sundaddy

@Hammerzeit
as for the glue.get a rag of some sort and soak it in alcohol or wd 40,goo gone,
wrap battery in it and rub rub rub, the glue will break down and then wipe clean.
Enegizer must use different glue than Powerex.

al bundy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
A bit less than half of the new glass tubes.
It was not specific.. at 1st it was 1/2... but I liked it a little shorter. I did not try to get 3 out of a tube... too short.

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

al bundy said:
i use the short stem from the whip tubing that came with the box there's two.
i also cut down the wooden stem like Vito has pictured to the size of the short stem from the whip.

you could cut it with a fine hack saw blade, a tubing cutter.
i used a dremmel like sundaddy

@Hammerzeit
as for the glue.get a rag of some sort and soak it in alcohol or wd 40,goo gone,
wrap battery in it and rub rub rub, the glue will break down and then wipe clean.
Enegizer must use different glue than Powerex.

You definitely dont mean something like this as a tube cutter, right? http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1288847&cp=2568443.2568452.2631238.1260857

but something like this http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=ilUoTt2lPKjL0QG78ZjACg&ved=0CGAQ8wIwAQ

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I used neither Deez.
The 1st one is for copper tubing... the second would crack the glass.
I mean a saw that is super thin. They make them in the form of a kind of thread too (made of wire).
It is more like this box saw!
2qte13q.jpg

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
1- cooler hits
2- able to see trench while hitting
3- no lip prints on box (or need to wipe lip prints off... or use special lip balm to condition the area you put
your lips)

4- less care needs to be taken to not involve lid/lip contact/smudging

*I am not saying native is bad.. I do it sometimes... but you asked for reasons.. these are a few, and I am sure others have varying reasons also. Perhaps some of their reasons are similar to the reasons that Magic Flight includes the stem! :)

Vitolo,

Markus

What I did for a shorter stem was switch one of my whip ends with the longer stem that came with it. If you have a whip this is a nice option, a lot less work.
That whip end also fits under the rubber band on the battery side of the box for easy portability. Oh and it's a snugger fit in the box.

Markus,

Nycdeisel

I actually prefer to hit it native, however for stealth purposes, even though its another piece, it can sometimes make it easier for stealth use(like in the recent video that Vitolo posted)

thanks man, but if I was cutting the acrylic i think I could get away with something less then a hack saw.

Nycdeisel,

weedemon

enthusiast
i just wish i could cut my glass stems in half to make them the size of the "shorty" acrylic stem you get when you buy a whip.

and yeah i have never spotted someone else other than my friends who i bought the units for using them.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Deez you got the wrong idea. The box saw was just to give you the idea. A jewlers saw is just like a wire.. a thin thread that is rough, and cuts through rings etc.

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Oh ok, I missed that post. thanks, that seems pretty easy. and you smoothed the end with what kind of nail file?

Nycdeisel,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I had the old LB's when they came with shorty stems and I always prefer the shorter stem for many of the same reasons as Vitolo. I just ordered a few of the whips from BlissSville, each one had a shorty stem in the end and of course now I have longer stems for emergency backup if I needed to cut them down.

I enjoy quite a harvest from my shorty stem too. I use a flat stainless skewer to collect the resin that builds up and then soak the skewer in my golden dragon everclear bottle to dissolve. Good stuff! If the shorties were glass I'd be on that...could soak the whole stem lol.

Lo,

Surf Monkey

All these reasons and the fact that you can see (with the glass or acrylic stems) the vapor leaving the trench, which can be very handy when deciding how fast or slow to draw. Native mode is great, but I tend to use a clear stem for these very reasons.

Vitolo said:
1- cooler hits
2- able to see trench while hitting
3- no lip prints on box (or need to wipe lip prints off... or use special lip balm to condition the area you put
your lips)

4- less care needs to be taken to not involve lid/lip contact/smudging

*I am not saying native is bad.. I do it sometimes... but you asked for reasons.. these are a few, and I am sure others have varying reasons also. Perhaps some of their reasons are similar to the reasons that Magic Flight includes the stem! :)

Surf Monkey,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
Oh ok, I missed that post. thanks, that seems pretty easy. and you smoothed the end with what kind of nail file?
I used a very fine nail buffing board.
2d5p95.jpg

Vitolo,
Top Bottom