CutePanda

I used to take 3 or 4 hits at once, but now find myself taking one hit at a time. So I'll push the battery in, wait X seconds for the vapor to build up, release the battery, inhale, and repeat.

Edit: I have been using the 2700's over my PA just to give them some use, so I only push a fresh battery in for 3 seconds max.

CutePanda,

Smokey

Cloud Master
colly said:
Oh man that little catch looks awesome. So jealous, older model here. :ninja:
Yeah! Didn't expect to get that! I've never seen that lock before, it's actually very solid.
I have one question, if I get the A/Cadapter, is it possible to run it with 220v? Battery Charger works fine with a plug adapter (likethis> http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/978/222/377/377222978_429.jpg), is it possible to put it on the A/C adapter too with nothing else?

Smokey,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Great, gotta order that right away. Anyway talkin' bout sipping technique, personally I get decent vapor by letting the battery in for 4-5 secs. Then I start sipping softly, like when smoking a cigarette or drinking coke. Then release my lips and breathe a bit, so vapor goes down. Then, when 3-4 secs has passed again, I start over, soft sipping for 4-5 secs and breathe a bit. This is goin on for 15-20 secs, in the end I exhale a lil bit of vapor, the rest is absorbed :rolleyes:

Smokey,

Smokey

Cloud Master
*edit* Wrong picture xD sorry

One question. Are batteries supposed to become quite hot when using them? After few consequent hits, they get hot, I can touch them without burning, but I feel them hot almost as a cup of coffee. I am worried about they're lifetime since getting them hot is stated not good.

Smokey,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Hot as coffee, or almost as hot as coffee is ok. It shoudn't be hotter, a lot hotter.

Seek,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Smokey said:
*edit* Wrong picture xD sorry

One question. Are batteries supposed to become quite hot when using them? After few consequent hits, they get hot, I can touch them without burning, but I feel them hot almost as a cup of coffee. I am worried about they're lifetime since getting them hot is stated not good.

You know whats weird...I have a dozen of Identical Powerex's, for the most part I've never had an issue but there are a few in the bunch that get on during use. Dont get me wrong, they work well but on occasion they heat up like little hot pockets! :lol:

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
mvapes,

Vitolo

Vaporist
shizlefonizle said:
I've had the MFLB for a few months now, and I've finally decided to try the "micro hitting" technique. I watched JD Supreme's video for tips, but I don't seem to have the right technique. I definitely thicker clouds, but whenever I release my mouth from the stem I'm losing some precious vapor. I didn't see this happen in the video, so can anyone else give me some tips?
You will just have to get timing down.. like learning to drive a stick shift.
There is one little second there.. when as you release your mouth from the stem, where you inhale. some inhale at this second in a subtle manner. Some do it as a little "gasp" for air. There is a timing though!
(sip/inhale... some say"puff/swallow").
Time with any vape is what makes you master it's use. That little tiny simple box... is the vape that requires some perfection of technique.
We achieve this through a good few solid days of use.
1st day I didn't like my box all that much.
Try and take any one of my Launch boxes from me now!
:mflb:
Cartoon_plane_moves_2.gif

Vitolo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
another good way to describe it is treating the end of the stem like a tiny joint roach that you are pulse hitting while trying not to burn your lips....if that makes any sense lol

JDSupreme,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: good description JD.....

Vito, I hadn't been on this thread for a couple days so I hadn't seen it... your poem is priceless. :clap:

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It makes perfect sense JD... been a while since I combusted.. and never thought of that as an applicable analogy.. But damn... that'll work! :lol:
Edit-->
Thanks mom!

Vitolo,

Hery Vappy

JDSupreme said:
Nycdeisel said:
wouldnt the portable factor fit in a vehicle?
meaning why not just use batteries in the car?

nice option though

I didn't like driving around with the PA on the passenger seat. I take batteries with me now on the go. The C-9000 has totally changed my opinion on batteries. My 2700's are in prime shape at all times and there's been a few times I pick up a battery at home over the PA. Sometimes I swear I get better taste/hit out of a 2700 over the PA. But that very well could all be in my head :lol:

My MFLB rules, no matter what's giving it the juice

Agreed

Hery Vappy,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've tried that deep breath. Its true. I saw clouds of vapor in the stem, then tried to supress upper lung and let the vapor go in the bottom slowly inhaling air. WARNING! Bottom lungs absorb really fast. Holding longer than 10 secs this way will lead to oxygen deprivation. However 3 secs are also enough to exhale NOTHING. Before I've always exhaled vapor, even if holding longer.

Seek,

Hery Vappy

I've unfortunately have had two defective PA's in as many months and finally decided to stop trying after paying shipping costs multiple times. I loved the PA but couldn't rely on it so I traded it in for another box. Magic Flight was of course wonderful through the whole process. The first PA was a beta but its replacement was the retail model. The beta seemed to have a short and would sporadically lose power and the retail one just went dead. I was careful with both and applied all known remedies listed here as well as the fixes provided by MF with no success. It sucks but I'm fine with the 2700's and am with JD, the taste might be better. No awkard chords either. In my opinion the PA isnt necessary.

My first box was bought in January and replaced by warranty in March. The replacement was much sturdier and hit better. The box I just received in place of the PA is even better. The cover has the spring inset and also the edges are rounded. Also the airflow groove is broader giving bigger hits but with less heat. Lastly the screen appears to be tucked under the heating rods now which I'm guessing was done to avoid acreen separations (my first box warranty issue). Its crazy how much improvement has gone into this in 6 months.

Ive been snakebite with warranty issues but have been treated excellent by MF. I use the box everday and love it.

Thanks Magic Flight

Hery Vappy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Different needs do dictate the usefulness of any tool.
Once I found my dream setting on the PA, it sits in the same place, and is my "computer room drive".
It is perfect for a Launch box fan (or fanatic) that wants all hits to be at a steady level... be that hot or cooler. I still use my batteries also. That is out of need. I use the PA when I have time to sit down and enjoy!

Vitolo,

Hery Vappy

True, true. Odds are I circle back and buy the PA again down the road with the hope its improvement tracks similiarly to the box's improvement. After daily use with it for a couple of months then back to the 2700's I really havent noticed a significant drop off in performance or high for that matter. I am a box fanatic though and would love to be on the beta list for the WA (water adapter).

Hery Vappy,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
JDSupreme said:
another good way to describe it is treating the end of the stem like a tiny joint roach that you are pulse hitting while trying not to burn your lips....if that makes any sense lol

That is exactly right...nice reference!

mvapes,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hery Vappy said:
Lastly the screen appears to be tucked under the heating rods now which I'm guessing was done to avoid acreen separations (my first box warranty issue). Its crazy how much improvement has gone into this in 6 months.

Could you post a picture of this?

pakalolo,

ponch69

Hey all. My first time here. I've been reading for age.. got a flight box about 3 months ago. I haven't used a flame since. It's amazing. However i feel like i could be getting more out my hit due to the batteries not being 100% consistent power.. which of course it can't be.

So i just ordered the beta a/c adapter, from what i have read it looks really amazing. I can't wait. I'll post about it when i get it.

ponch69,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is only called BETA because the website is not yet updated. You will receive the full retail version, and it will change the way you look at your box!

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Vitolo said:
It is only called BETA because the website is not yet updated. You will receive the full retail version, and it will change the way you look at your box!

It's funny but that can be read SO wrong! :lmao:

mvapes,
Top Bottom