jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
yes, of $5

im not complaining about it. plus, you cant find all of those on puffitup.

agreed. i'm sure you figured the total cost was worth it.

jeffp,

knix

Sup guys/gals! New vaper here and I just bought a Magic-flight the other day. I love this thing to death.

knix,

Surf Monkey

Nycdeisel said:
:lol:

Yup, I just ordered all the small items separately. the battery caps and rubber bands are dirt cheap from blisssville so I grabbed a bunch of each.

Aaaah. Roger that. I thought you were saying that they came packed with the unit as part of the standard package.

Surf Monkey,
Vitolo said:
YES without ANY doubt. I use ABV that is not all the way done from my MFLB regularly. I VERY often dump the contents right in my mouth and chew!
It works well.
I know of quite a few people that use Volcano's herb tray to activate weed for eating too.
thanks for the info. I wanted to ask before I tried it to save it in case it didnt work for someone else. Now ill be sure to try it, thanks.

plasticine,

Kingston

to everyone with the dealextreme bubbler:

today ( after waiting for a month) i contacted customer service and they told me that they can't say when the bubbler will be back in stock.
do you think its worth the waiting or should i just get a refund and get another piece?

Kingston,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
My magic-flight charger makes stock batteries (LSD I think) hot almost as my coffee exacly at the end of the charging (still can hold it in hand, but I could say it's hot). Then they slowly cool down. Is that safe for them? I've read that hotter, than coffee is bad, but in long term? Does every magic-flight charger heat batteries like this? I use it on 220V 50Hz(?) plug with us-eu reduction, manual says it's ok.

Seek,

queenb

Not sure I'm liking the Magic Flight too much, already took 3 rips & I feel nothing....still need to experiment with it or just go back to my old reliable Vaporbrothers!
Any suggestions?

queenb,

cow-a-bunga

Kingston said:
to everyone with the dealextreme bubbler:

today ( after waiting for a month) i contacted customer service and they told me that they can't say when the bubbler will be back in stock.
do you think its worth the waiting or should i just get a refund and get another piece?

Dealextreme just listed a new Shisha Water Pipe. SKU 72729

cow-a-bunga,
queenb said:
Not sure I'm liking the Magic Flight too much, already took 3 rips & I feel nothing....still need to experiment with it or just go back to my old reliable Vaporbrothers!
Any suggestions?
I hate to say it but I'm with you on that one. My MFLB doesn't really get me to where I want to be(it does but damn is it a pain in the ass to get good good quality hits). I just bought a Vapor Genie and holy fucking shit does this thing rip just as good as my Da Buddha. I can get huge full hits with this thing with ease. There is a bit of a learning curve with this but I seem to have got it down after one bowl. Now I would not recommend using it outdoors unless you have a torch lighter but man does this thing rip. I was using it last night in replacement for my da buddha lol. I just ripped a huge bowl upstairs in front of my TV.

VapeNStone,

mob

mmj over bs
got my pa and car adapter last week, just in time for a road trip to San Diego. :cool:

the first thing i noticed was a small blue ink-like spot on one of the wood blocks, no biggie but its there.

the second is what made me write this post, when i go to insert or take out the the wall or car adapter its a struggle sure i can wedge it in there and it does work (if i only used one of the adapters it wouldn't be a problem) but since i switch from home to car and vice versa after doing this a hundred or thousand times what kind of working condition will my plugs be in. the plugs are already showing slight wear after maybe ten switches.

beside the problems I've stated this thing is great i love it, i just hope the plugs last and i don't get electrocuted. lol but a lil srs.

mob,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The Box REALLY needs you to learn how to use it. Then it will give you fruits. Fine grind, lot of shaking and slow steady draw (or microhitting, that makes thicker clouds, but a little more risky to combust). Also LB is especially good for quality herb. IF you have quality, it is the one and only little trench what will get you there. Now I'm using 2 times less herb in the LB, than in my EQ. I've also mastered the evenness of my abv. As evenly cooked as my EQ ca do now.

Oh, and how long I have it? Only a week. And now I know (almost) everything about it.

OR, there is a small chance its a cold running unit. Can you get your abv brown?

Seek,

soulblaze

I just gave my MFLB away to a friend. I never got into it after using for three months.

It simply did not do the trick for me, it was the first vape I ever owned and am now feeling like I have had a bad experience with vaporizing - so I have gone back to combustion.
Now, I wouldn't have minded keeping it and packing endless trenches to get the effect of one hit off a pipe... but the damned thing gave me the worst soar, dry throats, in fact the pain was so awful I would have to stop using it for several days and then go back and try it. Smoking 2 joints a day doesn't hurt my throat. One trench off the MFLB was horrible. I tried all of the suggestions, pulling slowly, pulling fast, shortening my pulls... it just doesn't work very well. Feels like a waste of a good $100.

Frankly - I have no idea why this device gets the press it does, it really feels like a waste of your herb. :2c:

I may consider a Volcano - but $500 just to vape is ridiculous. I'd rather quit altogether and I have been an active user , several times a day for the last 15 years.

soulblaze,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
soulblaze said:
I just gave my MFLB away to a friend. I never got into it after using for three months.

It simply did not do the trick for me, it was the first vape I ever owned and am now feeling like I have had a bad experience with vaporizing - so I have gone back to combustion.
Now, I wouldn't have minded keeping it and packing endless trenches to get the effect of one hit off a pipe... but the damned thing gave me the worst soar, dry throats, in fact the pain was so awful I would have to stop using it for several days and then go back and try it. Smoking 2 joints a day doesn't hurt my throat. One trench off the MFLB was horrible. I tried all of the suggestions, pulling slowly, pulling fast, shortening my pulls... it just doesn't work very well. Feels like a waste of a good $100.

Frankly - I have no idea why this device gets the press it does, it really feels like a waste of your herb. :2c:

I may consider a Volcano - but $500 just to vape is ridiculous. I'd rather quit altogether and I have been an active user , several times a day for the last 15 years.

To make a big mflb rip u need higher mAH batteries than the fabric.. suggest 2450 2700 3000 3200
or buy the power adapter.. U need patience also.. Make one very slow rip or a combo like 30 x small ones.. If you get dry throat that is because u dont hold the vapour in your mouth before inhaling it...
And you haven't cured yet the throat problem combustion causes and numbs ..}
If you are getting higher of your pipe than the mflb.. than you are probably cursed... Consult a Voodoo magician..

Abysmal Vapor,

max

Out to lunch
soulblaze said:
I have no idea why this device gets the press it does, it really feels like a waste of your herb.
Don't know what to tell you, since you say you've tried all suggestions, but it obviously works very well for a lot of people. A lot of us have all kinds of other models and still like the LB.

I may consider a Volcano ...
Personally, I wouldn't. It only does bags, and IMO that's too much $ for a one trick pony.

...but $500 just to vape is ridiculous.
Depends on how much $ you've got to spend on non-essentials. You seem to be at two extremes- either a small portable or a big bag filler. There's plenty of selection in between. If you tried a big hitting whip model and still felt like you were wasting your herb, then I'd say that vapor probably isn't for you.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
queenb said:
Any suggestions?

Several. Three hits is a rather small number on which to form an opinion, especially since the LB does have a learning curve, so first suggestion is not to give up so quickly.

Second, read this:

Vaporpedia: Magic-Flight launch Box Usage & Technique

Third, review the videos by JDSupreme and Vitolo:

Keys to perfect vaporization
Getting clouds through lung capacity

As Seek pointed out, there is also a chance that your LB is running too cool. If the techniques above aren't working for you, try the test here:

4.14 How can I tell if my Box is running too cool?

If your LB turns out to be a cold one, contact Magic-Flight for warranty service.

soulblaze said:

Sorry for your bad experience, but over 12,000 posts in this thread with the vast majority of them being not just positive but enthusiastic should be a clue that either you had a faulty LB (covered under the best warranty in the business) or you simply never learned how to use it. Based on your description, I'd bet lots of money on the latter.

pakalolo,

stroh

errl enthusiast
soulblaze said:

you definitely never learned to use the box correctly.

stroh,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
Vaporpedia: Magic-Flight launch Box Usage & Technique

Third, review the videos by JDSupreme and Vitolo:

Keys to perfect vaporization
Getting clouds through lung capacity

As Seek pointed out, there is also a chance that your LB is running too cool. If the techniques above aren't working for you, try the test here:

4.14 How can I tell if my Box is running too cool?

If your LB turns out to be a cold one, contact Magic-Flight for warranty service.

I am still in the learning curve period on the MFLB so I appreciate the advice as well . I really cant thank you all enough for the great pointers. I am going to see if my unit is running too cool hopefully that is the issue! ;)

nao12000,

soulblaze

No, I definitely learned how to use the box properly. I read the manual, many times.

To be honest, I just think most people are light weights compared to me. I had one good experience with it after not burning for a full day but the high lasted 30 minutes - and it was nowhere near as potent as combustion.

I don't use the stuff to get a buzz or a head adjustment, i use it to get high, to get f'd up. The MFLB just fails to do that.

Yes, I did hold the vape in my mouth as I do when smoking a J. I'm not a novice here.

My friends go on endlessly about it and use it the same way I do, they love it, they also have half the tolerance I do.

The MFLB is just not a replacement for combustion or a high quality vaporizer. So to me, it's a waste of money.

Although, as one suggested, I may have needed more powerful batteries. That could be why I was holding the battery in for 20 seconds to get a small cloud, because the 3 - 5 seconds of holding the battery, waiting, then pulling slowly for 12 seconds, releasing the battery, then continue pulling for 8 more seconds just didn't do squat.

soulblaze,

weedemon

enthusiast
soulblaze said:
Now, I wouldn't have minded keeping it and packing endless trenches to get the effect of one hit off a pipe... but the damned thing gave me the worst soar, dry throats, in fact the pain was so awful I would have to stop using it for several days and then go back and try it. Smoking 2 joints a day doesn't hurt my throat.

Tolerance could be an issue but the mflb with a lil patience gets me totally to here i wanna be. I would suggest you need a bigger hitter. those other vapes i mention below might suit you better.

Thats too bad, i feel you were probably doing something wrong, or maybe you had a defective box somehow?

this device is an absolute rock star. it gives you little indiscreet stealthy hits that taste fuckin great! tiny tiny sips are the key imo to getting this device rockin.

dry throat is an issue with vapin, but i just keep a glass of water on hand. problem solved for me.

i would suggest you try a big hitter like the supreme or SSV/DBV before you give up on vapor all together. those can all be had for around the 200 dollar mark and should do the trick for ya.

queenb said:
Any suggestions?

you need to hit it a slowly as you can possibly breathe. tiny tiny sips to get that little box of vapor out. but give it time to refill the box before you take another sip. with stock batteries i suggest waiting 4-5 seconds before you take your first rip. you should see vapor will the chamber on the first rip, but you might not get any more visual ques after that.

I prefer micro hitting personally.

plug the battery in, wait 4-5 s. take a sip and wait another 3-4 sip again and repeat until my lungs are full. hold it in for a bit and release.

is your herb changing colour? it should be turning brownish.

read this page for all the info you could need!:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box

weedemon,

soulblaze

weedemon said:
soulblaze said:
Now, I wouldn't have minded keeping it and packing endless trenches to get the effect of one hit off a pipe... but the damned thing gave me the worst soar, dry throats, in fact the pain was so awful I would have to stop using it for several days and then go back and try it. Smoking 2 joints a day doesn't hurt my throat.

Thats too bad, i feel you were probably doing something wrong, or maybe you had a defective box somehow?

this device is an absolute rock star. it gives you little indiscreet stealthy hits that taste fuckin great! tiny tiny sips are the key imo to getting this device rockin.

dry throat is an issue with vapin, but i just keep a glass of water on hand. problem solved for me.

i would suggest you try a big hitter like the supreme or SSV/DBV before you give up on vapor all together. those can all be had for around the 200 dollar mark and should do the trick for ya.

queenb said:
Any suggestions?

you need to hit it a slowly as you can possibly breathe. tiny tiny sips to get that little box of vapor out. but give it time to refill the box before you take another sip. with stock batteries i suggest waiting 4-5 seconds before you take your first rip. you should see vapor will the chamber on the first rip, but you might not get any more visual ques after that.

I prefer micro hitting personally.

plug the battery in, wait 4-5 s. take a sip and wait another 3-4 sip again and repeat until my lungs are full. hold it in for a bit and release.

is your herb changing colour? it should be turning brownish.

read this page for all the info you could need!:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box

You would recommend the SSV/DBV over a volcano? thanks in advance!

soulblaze,

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah i own the volcano too, and it doesn't hit you as thick as those other do. with a pump fillign the bag you get a lot of air in there. with a whip you get much more concentrated vapor

the volcano is a good vape and works, but those other vapes are just better for what i want imo. I want thick concentrated vapor that is potent and will get me f'd up!

weedemon,

stroh

errl enthusiast
soulblaze said:
No, I definitely learned how to use the box properly. I read the manual, many times.

To be honest, I just think most people are light weights compared to me. I had one good experience with it after not burning for a full day but the high lasted 30 minutes - and it was nowhere near as potent as combustion.

I don't use the stuff to get a buzz or a head adjustment, i use it to get high, to get f'd up. The MFLB just fails to do that.

Yes, I did hold the vape in my mouth as I do when smoking a J. I'm not a novice here.

My friends go on endlessly about it and use it the same way I do, they love it, they also have half the tolerance I do.

The MFLB is just not a replacement for combustion or a high quality vaporizer. So to me, it's a waste of money.

Although, as one suggested, I may have needed more powerful batteries. That could be why I was holding the battery in for 20 seconds to get a small cloud, because the 3 - 5 seconds of holding the battery, waiting, then pulling slowly for 12 seconds, releasing the battery, then continue pulling for 8 more seconds just didn't do squat.

reading the manual and learning to use the box properly while correlated, are really two different ballgames. However, tolerance does play a key factor in whether or not the box will do the trick for you. If you're used to ripping bongs all day, then the little box probably will not cut it for your preferences. however i find that if you allow your tolerance to recede to the level of efficiency the box produces, you will be madly in love. The MFLB is definitely a replacement for combustion and a very high quality vaporizer for a bargain price, you just have to be willing to change your habits to fit the box.

stroh,
Top Bottom