mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Vitolo said:
mvapes said:
How do I post a picture here?
upload the image to a hosting site, like imageshack or photobucket... get the link... and while you are posting a reply, touch photo icon, and insert the URL that you are given for the image you uploaded.

Thank you sir.

mvapes,

chucku

Charles Urbane
rexouls said:
I have my MFLB since a few months, but 3 of 4 batteries are defect. I used them wrong, they got too hot and so on...some of them dont even make any vapor any more^^

now i want to buy new ones, but i cant get the Powerex 2700mAH in Germany.
I looked on Amazon and Ebay, but most of the batteries have a bad rating because the mAH is wrong (e.G. 2000 instead of 2700) or they lose their power too fast.
These Sanyo Eneloops should be very good. the "normal" eneloops have 2000mAH, but now there are new ones: The Eneloop XX with 2500mAH. Does anyone have experience with there batteries? Or are there better batteries, which i can buy in germany?

Thank you for your help!

Pretty sure Thomas Distributing (www.thomasdistributing.com) ships internationally. They carry Powerex, Imedion and Eneloop.

chucku,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Vitolo said:
chucku said:
Vito, Al

The 2000 mah batteries offered by Blissville I do not think are Maha products. The ONLY 2000 mah AA battery on Maha's own site has tabs spot welded on each end. Those still may be eneloops.
I only use Powerex AAI240-AAAO or Powerex AAI240-AAAT
They are the ones that work best and most consistantly for me, after a dozen other pairs.
I do not need to worry or research makers. (MAHA etc)
I simply order them from BlissSville, or from Puffitup, and I am assured I am getting those! :)

Powerex and Imedion are Maha products.

chucku,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
My BlissSville batteries had exacly 2400 when measured. Shipped at June 1st.

Seek,

max

Out to lunch
Vitolo said:
Powerex AAI240-AAAO or Powerex AAI240-AAAT are 2000
These are what are supplied with the box.
These are what BlissSville or PuffitUp will send to you as replacement batteries.
The reference to '2000', on the Blisssville site, is out of date IMO. "Two peeled Low Self Discharge NiMH Rechargeable Batteries 2000 mHa with a case or battery caps." They shipped those when 2000 mAh was the best you could get. They've been shipping the Imedion 2400's for quite a while now, and that's what the AA1240 is.

rexouls said:
now there are new ones: The Eneloop XX with 2500mAH. Does anyone have experience with there batteries? Or are there better batteries, which i can buy in germany?
You'll be fine with the Eneloops. Magic Flight used to ship that brand with the box.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
chucku said:
Imedion has a very slightly smaller diameter, that regular MFLB users can attest to.. it had a little bit of "play" when used. The Powerex is snug.

Vitolo,
Seek said:
My BlissSville batteries had exacly 2400 when measured. Shipped at June 1st.

If you are at home, then I presume you use the EQ?
And you use the MFLB when out and about?

Are you using the MFLB at home?
In which case, why?

Is it better than the EQ or something?
Sorry for all the question marks.

Also, I love how you need to put 'Europe' down after 'Czech Republic' on this American site!!! :)

Also, don't start fires in the trench of the MFLB!!!
It will eff up the screen!
I haven't combusted on my MFLB.
Yet.
But that might be because I have really crap batteries.

Vapemania-original,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I stopped using EQ when I've tried the MLFB. Several reasons:
-herb conservation
-stealthier, silent
-faster, less work getting it to work -> EQ session = 20 mins, MFLB session = 5 mins

I keep my EQ for groups.

Seek,

VivaSativa

I just got the glass stem and noticed it gets very hot while vaping, and it cools down quickly when you stop.
Are the temperature changes anything to worry about in regards of shattering? Lets say I have a 10 minute vaping session with the PA, and the air conditioner is cooling the room. Can these temperature variations cause any damage (even over time)?

Thanks

VivaSativa,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I don't think so. The glass is high quality, and should easily withstand temp variations.

Vitolo,

Rico420

magicflight said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
Is there any way to use a solar battery charger or solar battery, to power the mflb, Like the desktop adapter but solar powered? It would be totally awesome if i can use the mflb on camping without carrying batteries

Hi,

Yes, there is a project for this. We do not have a supplier for the solar panels as yet, but any panel that outputs 12V and which has at least 20W capacity would work with the PA. I would recommend looking for solar panels that have an cigarette lighter type plug -- then you can use the PA with the auto adapter to run the MFLB.

-- Magic-Flight

What about a slightly smaller solar panel with a small nimh or sla cell to store power? There's some really cheap charger/solar controllers out there that would work in such an arrangement. That way you don't need a huge solar panel to achieve 100% of the needed power all the time. Since you don't really need 100% power all the time if you have a buffer. Also would help with cloudy days where you get power, but not enough at once to get a good rip. Let if buffer for 30 sec, and bam a good full hit. I've often daydreamed about something like this, to use on a backpacking trip. Having a small solar panel charging a 5ah+ nimh cell that i could run my mflb pa off of. Also could be used to charge/power other gadgets with an appropriate voltage controller.

Edit:

Found this:

http://www.batteryspace.com/solardcchargecontroller120w10aratefor12vslaorlfpbattery.aspx

and this:

http://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo438120pbattery128v10ah128wh100arate.aspx

Man, if only i had $200 bucks to spend. Thats a 3.5lb 128wh battery btw. :o

Rico420,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Vitolo said:
Let's see if that spot fades, with use, and repeated heatings followed by gentle brushings!
Seems like herb doesn't heal only humans, it heals vapes too. Now the infamous spot looks more like dirty, than burnt. Well, I'll try to keep my box medicated.

Seek,

CutePanda

The batteries that came with my box say AA-2000LD so I'm guessing I have the old batteries. Regardless, I plan on purchasing a pair from BlissVille and will expect them to perform better. The 2700's run pretty hot, so I won't be using them as much because I like the 4-6 second heat time as opposed to 2-3 seconds.

CutePanda,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Vitolo said:
chucku said:
Imedion has a very slightly smaller diameter, that regular MFLB users can attest to.. it had a little bit of "play" when used. The Powerex is snug.

Not with my box. No play with Imedion, Powerex slightly tighter.

chucku,

danklover

Stu said:
Thevince16 said:
Havent been on in months and was wondering if the PA is availible yet?

https://magic-flight.com:4200/buydpab/ar_home

:peace:

I, too, haven't been on fc for a couple months, and i can tell you that i just ordered the PA late Thursday night and received it Wednesday, so given the holiday it's essentially only been two business days from ordering that i received the PA. Granted I'm in the same state as blissSville, but it appears at the moment they're fully stocked. It's reported that the current beta version is the same as what will being rolled out for retail. Mine came with a serial number on it. (I don't think earlier beta versions did, but i could be mistaken.)

As the mflb is my first vaporizer... and that 85% of my use is at home... the PA has been a god send, apparent in only two days of use. I'll give consideration to being in the honeymoon phase, but seriously... it's such a pleasure to not have to worry about recharging batteries. (And i say this after I already upgraded to powerex 2700s.)

The PA also makes it very user friendly because: 1. I found, with experience, that I had use different toking methods depending on the strength of the battery; and 2. a battery (or two) is really only optimal for one to three people, max. The PA is not limited by either of these circumstances, so it make it easily attainable to get consistently good hits, whatever "good" means to you. I haven't even touched the dial from where it already arrived defaulted. All this to say:

If the MFLB is your only vaporizer and your use is largely indoors OR if you're looking into your first vaporizer and considering the MFLB, do NOT hesitate in ordering the PA as soon as funds allow. The efficiency, portability and stealth factor of the MFLB have already been waxed over in these 400+ pages. The PA makes the MFLB a major contender for best vaporizer for home use or with multiple users indoors.

I'm sorry to be such a kiss ass, but from their unparalleled customer service to the quality of their product, the folks at MFLB are top fuckin notch. The only reason I held out on purchasing the PA earlier was financing (and partly because I was waiting until the PA was an improved version). Getting the MFLB, and the PA if you don't already own another satisfactory vape, is a NO BRAINER. As far as money goes, as a regular user, I've already made it back triple fold from the efficiency of use compared to the bong hits (or worse, joints) that i was used to. And as an added bonus, now when i have the occasional bong hit, it's like i'm tripping, haha. Anyway...

yeah... i got a lot of love for magic flight. And speaking of love...

"Love is that which enables choice Always stronger than fear Always choose on the basis of love."
-their motto. Words to live by.

danklover,

slain

Vapor Vision
I love my Power adapted MFLB.. I got it for myself on the 12th of June as a birthday present to myself lol.. My friends said I've become a ghost as of late that's how much I love this thing. Been spending time vaping at home during the day around the yard doing landscaping with batteries on the go. In the evening getting heavily medicated with the Power adapter enjoying time with the significant other.
She will be ordering a MFLB for herself shortly.. Shes a mechanical engineer and is so stoked on the design and love put into these boxes.

keep up the good work MFLB crew.

slain,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Has anybody tried carrying his mflb with him on a plane for a vacation? I mean, what if security asks what is it for? Or maybe dogs can smell some residue...would it be safe? Just curiosity :D

Smokey,

Kingston

really sad to read all those stories where the PA arrived in 2 days...
i know it takes time to ship to europe but its over 3 weeks now :/

Kingston,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Kingston, if it will make you feel better, I ordered my MFLB 1 month ago, nothing yet! U.U

Smokey,

weedemon

enthusiast
Smokey said:
Has anybody tried carrying his mflb with him on a plane for a vacation? I mean, what if security asks what is it for? Or maybe dogs can smell some residue...would it be safe? Just curiosity :D

I would not risk this. ask yourself: is a buzz going to be worth the possibility of going to jail if they catch you? they have machines that can very easily suss out if something has come into contact with drugs. I don't know your circumstances, but for me that's a risk too big. stash that thing in your luggage or mail it in advance (this is how i would do it) to yourself at your destination. bullshit laws are still currently laws and carry consequences. :(

another option is the mflb is so cheap you could buy another one specifically for the trip. a new clean one doesn't have any residue on it yet right? ;) then mail it home if you really wanna keep it.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
weedemon is right.
Even if you don't go to jail... a few hours detained in a holding area while they talk inaudibly about what to do with you.. is ordeal enough.

Vitolo,

Smokey

Cloud Master
:( as I imagined, this really sucks...I only have cabin baggage, so I cannot stash it in my luggage, mailing is too long too as it is in another country, and buying a new one, well I haven't received yet the first one, so...... xD
I think if I wanna enjoy some peaceful stateofmind on the shore I'll have to combust :mad:

Smokey,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Smokey said:

I actually travel alot, when I am going to be away for anymore than a few days I actually ship it via ups overnight and its waiting at my destination when I land. I ship it with the same precautions that are used when shipping warranty replacement. Clean with ISO, wrap in tin foil, double baggies of a sh!tload of saran, place in a padded envelope and voila! Your vaping in no time.

:peace:

mvapes,
Top Bottom