Chives

Hey i lost my first launch box but now that im getting a new one i wanted to know everyones opinion on the glass stem and the whip more specifically if its easy to reclaim stuff on the glass stem and if the whip would work well in a small bong

Chives,

rexouls

I have my MFLB since a few months, but 3 of 4 batteries are defect. I used them wrong, they got too hot and so on...some of them dont even make any vapor any more^^

now i want to buy new ones, but i cant get the Powerex 2700mAH in Germany.
I looked on Amazon and Ebay, but most of the batteries have a bad rating because the mAH is wrong (e.G. 2000 instead of 2700) or they lose their power too fast.
These Sanyo Eneloops should be very good. the "normal" eneloops have 2000mAH, but now there are new ones: The Eneloop XX with 2500mAH. Does anyone have experience with there batteries? Or are there better batteries, which i can buy in germany?

Thank you for your help!

rexouls,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
rexouls said:
I have my MFLB since a few months, but 3 of 4 batteries are defect. I used them wrong, they got too hot and so on...some of them dont even make any vapor any more^^

I looked on Amazon and Ebay, but most of the batteries have a bad rating because the mAH is wrong (e.G. 2000 instead of 2700) or they lose their power too fast.
These Sanyo Eneloops should be very good. the "normal" eneloops have 2000mAH, but now there are new ones: The Eneloop XX with 2500mAH. Does anyone have experience with there batteries? Or are there better batteries, which i can buy in germany?

Thank you for your help!
Go to the nearest shop (Kaufland, Billa.etc ) and you will find philips charger with 4 batteries 2450 and 2700 are good enough, Nice brands are also varta. sanya (is ok too). The more the Mah .. The quicker the stronger the heat..

Abysmal Vapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
rexouls said:

Thank you for your help!

I have Eneloop XX's. Great batteries. You can buy with confidence IMO.

For me they're the best because they are Low Self Discharge, whilst I'm not sure that those other brands suggested by Abysmal are, and Powerex are not.

Edit: I should add that I don't have any kind on fancy charger- just a basic simple one- and so I can't verify that they are as good as they claim capacity wise, but they certainly run for longer than the standard eneloops.

WatTyler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
chucku said:
Vito, Al

The 2000 mah batteries offered by Blissville I do not think are Maha products. The ONLY 2000 mah AA battery on Maha's own site has tabs spot welded on each end. Those still may be eneloops.
I only use Powerex AAI240-AAAO or Powerex AAI240-AAAT
They are the ones that work best and most consistantly for me, after a dozen other pairs.
I do not need to worry or research makers. (MAHA etc)
I simply order them from BlissSville, or from Puffitup, and I am assured I am getting those! :)

Vitolo,
I have just realised the MFLB comes with a curse.

You buy the device at your peril.

Once you have a MFLB, you will be forever worrying about batteries.

Vapemania-original,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Unless you get the Power Adapter!
(yes you plug it in, but it is very small)
The batteries give you wings, buy you freedom. Their is a price to freedom.
In this case not with blood, sweat or tears... just with a few minutes recharging the battery, as we recharge our own bodies with food!

Vitolo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
In the middle of sipping pretty fast I didn't think I was even vaping my herbs caught on fire in a second pretty intensive!:o I pulled the battery out imediately, opened it and blowed it out. It made A LOT of smoke. All herb combusted. And leaved a big black uncleanable spot on the screen also:
obraz002qd.jpg

Is it safe to use it anymore? Smells and looks so awful now.:(
I knew it can combust, I did it few times at begging of the learning curve. Now I was doing it right. But fire?

I'm so couch-locked right now. Not high a bit.

Seek,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Go to youtube. search JDSupreme and see MFLB cleaning vid.. or search MFLB cleaning, and see the vids. It is easy, and your box will work fine!

Vitolo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
It has burned the screen (I was already trying to clear the screen with iso. It cleaned the resin, but not the burnt spot). Also I think the wood tastes burnt too.

Seek,

Vitolo

Vaporist
see the vid.. it will describe a brushing technique with alcohol, then a drying.
Try for this first morning like this, not to overanalyze the wooden taste, as you are "looking for it", and just use it. Be gentle, but brush the screen well. If you are finding that the boxes functions are hampered, you can contact BlissSville.. who will help with warranty replacement. I have seen some very badly "combusted loads", leave a box ugly, but it tidys up.
In any event we all share your dismay, but I know this will be ok!

Vitolo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I cleaned it again and no better :( I think the upper side of the trench is clean but it's messed up with soot on the below. I can't get there. If I've got there I would also clean that wood, that has a lot of tiny black spots on it.

edit: so i cleaned the bottom of the screen somehow, but it was for nothing. I see it's the screen what is black. It's burned metal. So this ugly black spot will be there forever imho. I hope the burnt taste will fade out.

Seek,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Seek said:
I cleaned it again and no better :( I think the upper side of the trench is clean but it's messed up with soot on the below. I can't get there. If I've got there I would also clean that wood, that has a lot of tiny black spots on it.

That's normal. You should see my box, the bottom wood is covered with resin! Almost impossible to remove without damaging the screen. The screen is also pretty stained from previous unwanted combustions, even though I cleaned it with ISO, but I don't feel it's affecting its usage at all.

Vaporisateur,

Vitolo

Vaporist
How about this...
when box is totally dry.. with a totally dry brush.. brush that area well.. to dislodge any soot, then suck firmly through mouthpiece.. with the LB window open.. in an effort to draw any soot downward and toward your mouth.. this may lift the appearance a drop.
Please don't think me crazy, but I had a couple of burnt spots from over zealous learners.. and they seemd to fade away, as did what I thought was a burn on the inside wood.
Please do not be shy to call BlissSville and ask questions. They will help you. They truly show support to us.

Vitolo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
It was ok, when the wood was covered with resin. But now it looks a little blackish.

I cleaned the burnt "wooden fur" on the below with a toothpick (CAREFULLY) then sipped to get these out. Looks a little better now. Still a little blackish.

Seek,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You are just a proud Daddy... looking at your kids first black eye. :lol:
Finish giving it some love, do a trench or two...
clean it up again... and then decide if your kid is as tuff as kids are supposed to be!
(and if a doctor is needed!)

Vitolo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You are the master at calming people down :lol: well it seems like it works the same. The taste is also going out. But the spot will make it worse for showing it to friends. Seeing a burnt spot on anything makes a person think the device is faulty.

Seek,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Let's see if that spot fades, with use, and repeated heatings followed by gentle brushings!

Vitolo,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Is there any way to use a solar battery charger or solar battery, to power the mflb, Like the desktop adapter but solar powered? It would be totally awesome if i can use the mflb on camping without carrying batteries

Hi,

Yes, there is a project for this. We do not have a supplier for the solar panels as yet, but any panel that outputs 12V and which has at least 20W capacity would work with the PA. I would recommend looking for solar panels that have an cigarette lighter type plug -- then you can use the PA with the auto adapter to run the MFLB.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Thats a great idea! I just shipped both my MFLB's back to cali for replacement....gotta love blissSville.

mvapes,

CutePanda

The discoloration of the screen over time is normal. Whenever combustion occurs, I just take a q-tip dipped in iso and scrub the trench, then take the brush dipped in iso and scrub with the battery pushed in. Then I heat away any ISO that may be left. And it's good to keep the wood under the screen clean because it will build up with resin over time.

So are the batteries that BlissVille sells 2,000 mah or 2,400 mah?

CutePanda,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Powerex AAI240-AAAO or Powerex AAI240-AAAT are 2000
These are what are supplied with the box.
These are what BlissSville or PuffitUp will send to you as replacement batteries.

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
mvapes said:
How do I post a picture here?
upload the image to a hosting site, like imageshack or photobucket... get the link... and while you are posting a reply, touch photo icon, and insert the URL that you are given for the image you uploaded.

Vitolo,
Top Bottom