pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Sour Deez said:
I dont know if it comes with the kit still, but i just recieved some items from blissville, one being extra bands.

Also I will chime in and agree with Vitolo about the old batteries. My org LB is probably two(ish) years old, and the original batteries that came with that box were so shitty. They wouldent hold a charge after a couple months.

The story behind the batteries is here:

5.8 What batteries does Magic-Flight ship/recommend?

The LB was released in April 2009. You probably got Tenergy batteries, possibly right at the time when they were supplying crap to Magic-Flight. You might have gotten Eneloops, but those were fairly decent batteries. Magic-Flight now ships Imedions, which are Maha 2400 mAh LSD batteries. A dealer might substitute others I suppose. If Maha has started branding Imedions differently, their website has yet to reflect that:

2400mAh 4-Pack AA IMEDION "Ready When You Are!" Rechargeable Batteries

Nycdeisel said:
guys whats the deal? I thought the rubber bands would still be included in the LB kit. I was told by whoevers talking to me on the puffitup chat that MF wont make them anymore.

You can always make more bands than you'll ever need with this tip:

9.14 I lost/broke all my rubber bands, do I have to order more from BlissSville?

sydnee said:
So I've got what I can only assume is 'vape honey' oozing (for lack of a better word) from the draw hole of my LB and into my stem. Not a huge deal, really....I'll just clean the stem.

Just wondering if this is typical though. I've had my box since February of this year.

Thanks in advance!

You're not the first to have this, although I've never had it happen in a year of use. My theory on why this might be is that since resin comes from condensed vapour, I leave less in the Box to condense than those who leave so much that it requires cleaning. I just dragged a toothpick under my screen and got almost nothing. Do you always clear your LB after a hit?

pakalolo,

Sour Deez

pakalolo said:
Sour Deez said:
I dont know if it comes with the kit still, but i just recieved some items from blissville, one being extra bands.

Also I will chime in and agree with Vitolo about the old batteries. My org LB is probably two(ish) years old, and the original batteries that came with that box were so shitty. They wouldent hold a charge after a couple months.

The story behind the batteries is here:

5.8 What batteries does Magic-Flight ship/recommend?

The LB was released in April 2009. You probably got Tenergy batteries, possibly right at the time when they were supplying crap to Magic-Flight. You might have gotten Eneloops, but those were fairly decent batteries. Magic-Flight now ships Imedions, which are Maha 2400 mAh LSD batteries. A dealer might substitute others I suppose. If Maha has started branding Imedions differently, their website has yet to reflect that:

2400mAh 4-Pack AA IMEDION "Ready When You Are!" Rechargeable Batteries

Interesting, I did not know that. What a shitty company. My original charger is still going strong!! I hear people talking bout green lights on the charger, mine just has a red light to tell you its charging. I guess they changed chargers too?

Sour Deez,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Sour Deez said:
Interesting, I did not know that. What a shitty company. My original charger is still going strong!! I hear people talking bout green lights on the charger, mine just has a red light to tell you its charging. I guess they changed chargers too?

Yes, magicflight recently mentioned that they have had six different battery suppliers and ten different charger part numbers. Makes it hard to help people who show up and ask what it means when their light is green/red/on solid/flashing or whatever.

pakalolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
For the most part this is true but in all actuallity it has been medically proven that any more than 10 seconds is a waste. At the 10 second mark your lungs have officially absorbed the maximum amount of THC that they can. Now, that doesn't mean the THC is completely drained from your bud but you have officially maxed out your absorbtion. The high we feel after your holding your breath for any prolonged period of time is deprivation of oxygen. At this point its actually considered going against why most of us Vape, health reasons. The deprivation of oxygen is really where we start killing brain cells that we dont want to. Now I grew up on the same theory as most of you...cough to get off and too learned from Cheech and Chong but new medical research has shown us in reality how to get REALLY HIGH!

Enjoy toking today because I know I will...and BTW J27 tastes FABULOUS in the MFLB! :peace:

the quiet earth said:
VWFringe said:
the advice I'll give you is to hold in your hits as long as you are comfortable doing so, and gauge for yourself whether or not you experience any better effect between holding it 15 seconds compared to 5, 10 or even 15 seconds longer. Do take a few short breaths before trying to hold one for 30 seconds to avoid oxygen dep.

Vapor is different in how it is absorbed, the actives are not "left off" like passengers at a door stoop, by the particulate that carries them into our lungs, but is absorbed instead, and that's a slower process. Because the particulates in smoke are sub-micron in size, and the way they freely carry the floating actives, they interact with our alvioli freely, carrying and leaving the actives in just a few seconds, so with smoke you don't need to ghost hits, and theoretically you won't get much higher between holding a hit for four seconds than you would twenty seconds, but that's different with vapor, I'll leave it to you to discover what works for you...some can't hold in hits and exhale into a plastic bag, then inhale again, but that's too much trouble for me, so i hold my hits for 25 secs. and get little to no vapor upon exhale.

the trick for me was in treating each hit like it was a real one, because more often than not you get a hit when you start vaping that obviously isn't very strong, the vapor-to-air ratio was weak, and the tendency is to just blow it out pre-maturely, but if you carry the mantra, "respect the hit," you won't waste as much and will be well on the way to enjoying what we've all found...that weed goes way farther when you vape.

Thanks for all that information, VWFringe. I really appreciate it and will try to use the methodology you've described here. I was unaware of the difference in particulate dimensions between smoking and vaporization, and that the diffusion of the inhaled particulates at the alveoli occurs differently depending on whether the cannabis was combusted or vaporized. Very interesting and useful information, and it clears something up that I'd seen on a recent BBC program about cannabis, namely that holding the inhaled gases in the lung made no discernible difference to the intensity of the high. I guess they were only referring to smoked particulates in the documentary.

I should be getting some later on this week, which I'm really looking forward to, so I'll try your method out and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
V - I must have that water piece! Where did you get it?

Pinion13 said:
That little grinder from puffitup they're calling the oem mflb grinder surprised me. It's really nice so far, nothing is sticking and it gets the grind just right. I run the herb through a medium space case, then the mini.

Puffitup royally screwed up my order but they're rectifying the mistake and really what more can you ask I guess. I had to have the newest mflb with the bearing.

I've been using the glass stem for a few months now. It seems to cool the vapor a little which is nice and it's definitely more durable than the acrylic ones for me.

Also I saw Vitolo's videos posted in another forum and made some gifs. Great videos by the way. I turned my pa power way down thanks to you.

http://i.imgur.com/CzoKg.gif
http://i.imgur.com/8NgIA.gif
http://i.imgur.com/jY999.gif

mvapes,

m4c

Marek
mvapes said:
For the most part this is true but in all actuallity it has been medically proven that any more than 10 seconds is a waste. At the 10 second mark your lungs have officially absorbed the maximum amount of THC that they can. Now, that doesn't mean the THC is completely drained from your bud but you have officially maxed out your absorbtion. The high we feel after your holding your breath for any prolonged period of time is deprivation of oxygen. At this point its actually considered going against why most of us Vape, health reasons. The deprivation of oxygen is really where we start killing brain cells that we dont want to. Now I grew up on the same theory as most of you...cough to get off and too learned from Cheech and Chong but new medical research has shown us in reality how to get REALLY HIGH!

Enjoy toking today because I know I will...and BTW J27 tastes FABULOUS in the MFLB! :peace:
Could You post some links proving that 10 sec theory?

m4c,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I've had several messages just recently through FC and you tube about how to connect the deal extreme mini bubbler. I've posted the dimensions before, but can't find where, so here goes again... to get lost once more amongst 11,000 posts.

You need something to fatten the MFLB stem. I have used about a 1/2" of vacuum silicone hose. It's not food grade, but doesn't really get into the airstream as such- the MFLB stem runs inside of the silicone tubing and carries the vapor through it. It's really just a spacer to make the MFLB tube fit into to normal sized whip tubing.

Specifications for this inside spacer piece are;
  • Inside Diameter 6mm[/*]
  • Outside Diameter 11mm[/*]
  • Wall Thickness 2.5mm[/*]
This was my source, I'm sure it's available everyehere; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/300535641274

(in the past I have also used a thin piece of masking tape to fatten the LB stem like this- just keep wrapping the tape around the stem and on top of itself until it's fat enough to be tight in the other tubing. It works, but not as robust perhaps as this way)

The last piece of tubing is just about 1.5" of my standard whip tubing. It has an internal diameter of 10mm, so it accepts the black silicone spacer piece nice and tight (a bit of water helps), and also fits nice and snugly over the glass bubbler end which is also just larger than 10mm.

These pics will show it more clearly (excuse the dirtiness of my LB stem).
dscf0364f.jpg
dscf0365oo.jpg

dscf0366t.jpg
dscf0367o.jpg

So to find this easily again in the future I'm going to put the words " deal extreme bubbler tubing size dimensions " together, and then that should make it show up easily in a post search, right? Please offer any better advice, as I don't really understand how these search algorithims work.

WatTyler,

eddyfrancis

I would like to see some data supporting the 10 second claim as well. Personally if I hold my breath for 10 seconds I blow out a huge cloud of vapor and I don't get very stoned, but if I hold my breath for say 30 seconds I exhale a tiny amount of visible vapor and I get very very stoned. So IMHO that research is bunk...

Also, holding a fresh breath of air for 30 seconds produces no feelings of a high or a "lack of oxygen" so I'm 100% sure something is wrong with that research.

eddyfrancis,

max

Out to lunch
^ That's dealing with smoke, not vapor. I don't think you can assume that two different gaseous states both work exactly the same.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
WatTyler said:
I've had several messages just recently through FC and you tube about how to connect the deal extreme mini bubbler. I've posted the dimensions before, but can't find where, so here goes again... to get lost once more amongst 11,000 posts.

[snip]

So to find this easily again in the future I'm going to put the words " deal extreme bubbler tubing size dimensions " together, and then that should make it show up easily in a post search, right? Please offer any better advice, as I don't really understand how these search algorithims work.

Sure, no problem: register for Vaporpedia and add this to the MFLB entry. I'm in the midst of preparing to move to Maui for two months, so I don't know when I can get to it myself.

pakalolo,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
max said:
^ That's dealing with smoke, not vapor. I don't think you can assume that two different gaseous states both work exactly the same.
Indeed, I'm not assuming that nor claiming it's conclusive- I know very little on such matters tbh. The same point was posed when the research was originally posted. Here's the response;
treecityrnd said:
We wanted to determine the physiological and subjective effects of inhaled marijuana smoke in normal subjects across several inhalation-related variables. These variables would apply to either smoke or vapor inhalation. It is simply a matter of physiology; your body cannot absorb all the vapor or smoke. A perfect analogy would be eating. Your body can only absorb so many calories per hour. That which is absorbed is available for your body to use. Anything more you put in is either wasted food (directly to poop) or turned into fat.

I like the analogy though. It could convince me.... over and beyond any weight of evidence :lol:

edit:

pakalolo said:
Sure, no problem: register for Vaporpedia and add this to the MFLB entry. I'm in the midst of preparing to move to Maui for two months, so I don't know when I can get to it myself.
:lol: I'd love to Pakalolo, but I looked into it after I noticed the Pyronym/pyromon error and went straight back out again!!! It looked pretty complicated- all that webpage speak (coding?). I've only just learned to post on a forum!!! I had to catch up on the whole computer thing when I went back to university as a mature student; they were only really just coming in when I was at school and college. So I can use the programs I need to use professionally well enough, and do personal computing, but that's about it.

Perhaps I'll try and make the leap....

I wish I were going to Maui for two months.......

WatTyler,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Heres just a few...

1. (Q) How long should you really hold your hits in?

If youre an experienced marijuana smoker then you are probably set at being able to hold your hits in practically as long as you want. If youre new to marijuana smoking chances are your hit-holding ability will not be that great, it is a skill that comes with time.

Several medical studies by high-end organizations have stated that beyond 10 seconds of holding in your marijuana smoke youre simply wasting your breath. This, for the most part is true. After 10 seconds your lungs have absorbed all the THC out of the marijuana smoke that is possible for your lungs, but that doesnt mean all of the THC is gone from the remaining smoke, sure alot of it is but there it still at most 25% THC left in that smoke so you can recycle it whichever way you want, whether that means blowing it in your cats face or get your girlfriend to suck it up for her own lightweight hit.

But why do I get higher after holding my hit in for 1 minute plus?

Simple answer. Your brain is being deprived of the oxygen that youd normally get during that entire time. Sure, you get a head rush but thats due to a lack of oxygen being combined with the effects of marijuana. Other than that, holding your hit in for that long does not get you higher by absorbing more THC.

Some people simply prefer to hold their hits in until they pass out, others who dont want to kill that many braincells due to lack of oxygen will find that after 10 seconds theyre done.(weedsmokersguide.com)

2. A study done by a group of doctors in Canada at Dalhousie University, concluded that more than 90% of the THC is absorbed into the lungs within the first seconds of inhalation. Another study confirms this, but they put their number at 95% absorption. The 5-15% of THC that isn't absorbed is due to THC loss in trace smoke, or smoke that never enters the lungs. (wikiANSWERS.com)

3. NORML sponsored study showed holding it in for more than 5 seconds was pointless and could be harmful from the lack of oxygen and giving your lungs more time to absorb the bad shit. (420.com)

MEDICAL MARIJUANASmoking is the most expedient method of using medicinal marijuana. The effects are more controllable and are experienced within moments. The downside is that the smoke produced when smoking marijuana contains a number of irritants andcarcinogens. However, According to a 2006 study,* found that there is absolutely no link between smoking marijuana and cancer--even in heavy, long-term marijuana users. Additionally, a 2007 American Association for Cancer Research study** found that marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half.

4. If you choose to smoke medical cannabis, try the following strategies to reduce some of its risks:

Medicate with more potent cannabis. Smoking cannabis with a higher TCH content reduces exposure to irritating tars, since less cannabis is required to reach the effective dosage.

Use a vaporizer or pipe. The most recommended method of smoking marijuana is through a vaporizer, which significantly reduces exposure to carcinogenic smoke. If you use a pipe with cannabis, it enables more consistent and predictable dosage than a joint. If you prefer smoking joints, use a filter and opt for a rolling paper made from plant cellulose.
Don't hold your breath. Holding your breath after inhaling cannabis smoke does NOT absorb more THC. Doing so will only coat your lungs with more tar. When smoking medical cannabis, inhale deeply, then immediately exhale. (http://www.evaluationtoday.com/news_medicating_with_marijuana.html)

I hope this helps...I wasn't talking outta my tush!

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Dont forget to click on the link within that post. Eddy, be sure before posting that your 100% sure of your own theory. I for one do lots of research with and without medical guidance as I take the medicinal value of vaporizing very serious. Its not always about getting f*cked up! Although I do enjoy the latter...LOL

WatTyler said:
^ posts/discussion on this page and a published paper from Treecityrnd. Our resident researcher :brow:

http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=133899#p133899

Not saying it proves it, or anything. Just some research and information to inform the discussion.

mvapes,

Surf Monkey

So, we've established that holding SMOKE in your lungs for 10 seconds is sufficient to extract the majority of the THC. Now, how long should VAPOR be held in order to get the maximum absorption?

When it comes to e-cigarettes, the mucus membranes actually do the nicotine absorption, so you get more of the drug in your system if you hold it in your mouth before inhaling. Some believe that exhaling through the nose allows more mucus membranes to be exposed to the vapor, thereby delivering more nicotine to the blood. Do we know if a similar situation holds true for vaporizers?

Surf Monkey,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
^ If you follow the assumption that the micro particles in smoke follow the maximum absoprption characteriestics (ie fast, and not limited like e cig vapor), then vapor or smoke wont make a difference. It's limited by your physiology. The inhalation period would only become less relevant with other substances (like e cigs)

But i don't know that this assumption is correct

WatTyler,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
It's more about the deep inhale, I think.
Breathe in deep and let it out... no need to hold anything in... by the end of the session, you'll still be medicated whether you hold it in for 1,3, or 10 seconds ha.

but yes, the lightheadedness is deprived oxygen... that 'rush' of the too-big bong hit is the same thing... and that's not exactly 'healthy.'

I have a buddy/grower guy that swears up and down it's all about the capillaries... depends on who you ask... but it seems like the shaky vision from the head rush from holding in hits too long is like... something we shouldn't seek after ha.

wake n blake,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
There's so many research articles that agree with the smoke theory but truly the most I've seen in relation to Vapor was in the #4 link I posted. I am also reading the art of Vaopr by Shaahin Cheyenne and his book it mentions through vapor the is little to no need to withold your inhaled vapor as it too delivers almost instantly throughout your mouth, throat, and lungs.

Surf Monkey said:
So, we've established that holding SMOKE in your lungs for 10 seconds is sufficient to extract the majority of the THC. Now, how long should VAPOR be held in order to get the maximum absorption?

When it comes to e-cigarettes, the mucus membranes actually do the nicotine absorption, so you get more of the drug in your system if you hold it in your mouth before inhaling. Some believe that exhaling through the nose allows more mucus membranes to be exposed to the vapor, thereby delivering more nicotine to the blood. Do we know if a similar situation holds true for vaporizers?

mvapes,

pngwyn

I just got my MFLB.. ordered placed on Monday and it arrived Wednesday from Blissville (CA to WA).

Loving it so far.. I'm just wondering is it anything to be worried about if the bud doesnt all fall back into the trench after shaking it?

The majority of it goes back in, but its' kind of inevitable when shaking for some to fall outside the trench and I get the problem where some of my bud is still green, but then some is already starting to look blackened. Maybe I'm filling it too full?

Also do you guys keep the pushback ring in or out? I don't know if I really like it as I have to squeeze pretty hard to get it to light and I have so far always taken the battery out after my hits anyways.

pngwyn,

eddyfrancis

I'm sorry mvapes, I thought you were talking about vaporizing, not smoking. I agree that it's unwise to hold smoke in your lungs for long periods of time. Like you, I also take the medical values of pot very seriously. I have glaucoma and without marijuana I would be blind, so I am very obsessive about getting every bit of THC possible out of my buds and that is why I decided to enter this discussion.

eddyfrancis,

lilro

pngwyn said:
I just got my MFLB.. ordered placed on Monday and it arrived Wednesday from Blissville (CA to WA).

Loving it so far.. I'm just wondering is it anything to be worried about if the bud doesnt all fall back into the trench after shaking it?

The majority of it goes back in, but its' kind of inevitable when shaking for some to fall outside the trench and I get the problem where some of my bud is still green, but then some is already starting to look blackened. Maybe I'm filling it too full?

Also do you guys keep the pushback ring in or out? I don't know if I really like it as I have to squeeze pretty hard to get it to light and I have so far always taken the battery out after my hits anyways.
1. Yes it's fine. You can usually tap it back in after a draw or two.
2. The blackening is either, A: drawing too slow, or B: your bud's not ground up enough. Also in my experience the box ran a bit hotter when I first got mine. Could just be draw technique though.
3. I keep it out. It's nice to have when learning to use the box though.

lilro,
Top Bottom