Pinion13

Re: Stuck pa button. On my early pa, still had a hand written serial number anyway, you could turn the washer pretty easily. Tightening or loosening would always unstick the button. I never paid attention to the nut until I started noticing a lack of juice.

Vaporpedia entry:

My beta power adapter has gotten weak/stopped working, what should I do?

Beta testing has revealed that the silver ring nut that retains the activator switch sometimes comes loose, resulting in poor or no heating. You can tighten this yourself. This ring has two small holes on either side of the switch button. A simple way to tighten the ring is to get small paperclip and open/bend it until the two ends are aligned and parallel to one another at about the same distance apart as the two holes. With the power adapter in the Box (makes it easier to hold), insert the two paperclip ends into the holes. Holding or pinching the paperclip as close to the adapter as possible, try turning it to the right (clockwise). If the ring is loose, it will tighten easily. Note: if you make it too tight, you will be compressing the switch itself and it will not turn off correctly.
If this does not fix the problem, contact Magic-Flight.

I now have a newer unit which doesn't seem to be adjustable. The nut is way out compared to the other pa and the activation button hardly sticks out at all. My dad gets the older unit.

Pinion13,
Had a slight issue with my MFLB while at my buddies bachelor party up north. I let me buddy use it and he lost it. It was gone for about a week when we went nuts searching my buddies car just in case and found it wedged in the the back seat cushions lol. I thought the only thing I had left was the battery charger lol. Well all is well and I'm back to portable vaping. I think I might hit up one of those Airizer Solo's or whatever there called. It seems I can get fatter hits with it as it heats up pretty good, but $300 is a little high for me right now. Might have to wait and use that as a christmas gift lol.

VapeNStone,

CutePanda

Bdub said:
No MFLB today. Screw you USPS. Screw you. :( haha

Sorry to hear that! Should definitely arrive by tomorrow. Use the tracking number to determine when it's going to arrive. On Sunday night, I noticed that both my MFLB and grinder had reached a local USPS facility so I knew it was going to be delivered on Monday.

I just tested a 1/2 trench with a powerex 2700 and I turned some of the herb black so I feel like a noob again. I also ran a refresh and analyze on my powerex 2700's and the final discharge capacity was in the 2400mah range. Correct me if I am wrong, but they should be over 2500 at least right? This battery stuff confuses me.

CutePanda,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I believe in the originals... 2400
I have tested almost all available choices. I now use only MFLB batteries ( the new standard sent out ) Powerex 2400
white ring around top... marking is Powerex AAI240-AAAO, or Powerex AAI240-AAAT
Just my choice.. and just my opinion based on my use.
I find they last well, and I never overheat a trench, and they don't appear to degrade.

Vitolo,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
the quiet earth said:
I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed by how clean it was: there was no smelly smoke wafting around in the air, it didn't destroy my taste buds like smoking a joint did last year, and my lungs weren't messed up afterwards. The last point is important to me as I do a lot of cardiovascular activities (sports, cycling, running, etc) and the first and only time I smoked a joint last year I was out of the game for about two solid weeks as my lungs were done in. I got a fright immediately after using the MFLB as it felt like my lungs had been damaged (they felt stiff and a little sore) and I was wheezy. But the next day all of that was gone and I was back at the gym performing exactly as I had been before using the vaporizer. So that's a massive plus for me as it means I can use it again without worrying about damaging my lungs. And I guess that is a major benefit of vaporizing in general over smoking joints or the like.

However, I don't think I used the MFLB properly as I didn't get as high as I did last year smoking half of that joint (say it was about 3.5-4 inches in length and quite skinny), which is the first and only time I'd used cannabis before my experience with the MFLB a couple of weeks ago.

Using the MFLB I only took about five draws from a filled trench. The trench wasn't packed down with too much and I gave the stuff a good grind using the grinder that came free with it. I watched a couple of videos of other people using it on YouTube and followed their instructions, particularly the method that this person used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZp9kprZF0c&feature=youtu.be, but I just didn't get as high as I expected to, and the hight I did get didn't last as long as I thought it would. Still, it was a highly enjoyable experience and I want to do it again, only this time I want to get higher. Should I just take more draws? How many draws do you tend to get out of a trench?

the advice I'll give you is to hold in your hits as long as you are comfortable doing so, and gauge for yourself whether or not you experience any better effect between holding it 15 seconds compared to 5, 10 or even 15 seconds longer. Do take a few short breaths before trying to hold one for 30 seconds to avoid oxygen dep.

Vapor is different in how it is absorbed, the actives are not "left off" like passengers at a door stoop, by the particulate that carries them into our lungs, but is absorbed instead, and that's a slower process. Because the particulates in smoke are sub-micron in size, and the way they freely carry the floating actives, they interact with our alvioli freely, carrying and leaving the actives in just a few seconds, so with smoke you don't need to ghost hits, and theoretically you won't get much higher between holding a hit for four seconds than you would twenty seconds, but that's different with vapor, I'll leave it to you to discover what works for you...some can't hold in hits and exhale into a plastic bag, then inhale again, but that's too much trouble for me, so i hold my hits for 25 secs. and get little to no vapor upon exhale.

the trick for me was in treating each hit like it was a real one, because more often than not you get a hit when you start vaping that obviously isn't very strong, the vapor-to-air ratio was weak, and the tendency is to just blow it out pre-maturely, but if you carry the mantra, "respect the hit," you won't waste as much and will be well on the way to enjoying what we've all found...that weed goes way farther when you vape.

VWFringe,

CutePanda

The old batteries were Imedion 2400? Any difference between the new MFLB standard batteries and the old ones? After my 2700's are done, I'm going to have to break-in the ones that came with my old box.

CutePanda,

Nycdeisel

hey Vitolo, is puffitup the only place where you can find those same batteries that come with the Box currently?

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes .. the imedions were the same battery, with the same qualities.. but they changed to Powerex.
The imedions work well for as log as they function, but appeared to degrade sooner. (This being after a few months of use.)

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Opps a double post, and no way to delete it!!
OK, a fast recent MFLB story.
I was being pushed on a wheelchair. My MFLB fell through grating (rain drain), from the vibration as I was pushed. It went down, and the water carried it away.
I ordered a bare box.
A week later, I was near the grating and looked in. The box was there against a wall ledge. I got a pal to come lift that grating, and we got my box back, and it still works!. It was dirty, but gordons butcher block oil tidied it right up, and I am using that same box with my PA at this very minute!
(sorry for the double post!)

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
hey Vitolo, is puffitup the only place where you can find those same batteries that come with the Box currently?
No Blisssville has them also.
They are 10.99 a pair at Puffitup ( free shipping)
they are 9.49 at Blissville (5$ shipping)

Vitolo,

CutePanda

Thanks for clearing things up Vitolo. Definitely going to give the old 2400's a run with a properly working box.

CutePanda,

Nycdeisel

guys whats the deal? I thought the rubber bands would still be included in the LB kit. I was told by whoevers talking to me on the puffitup chat that MF wont make them anymore.

Nycdeisel,

Sour Deez

I dont know if it comes with the kit still, but i just recieved some items from blissville, one being extra bands.

Also I will chime in and agree with Vitolo about the old batteries. My org LB is probably two(ish) years old, and the original batteries that came with that box were so shitty. They wouldent hold a charge after a couple months.

Sour Deez,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The rubber bands were to be still included was what I thought also.
I did just order 3 pairs for backup.
They are a nice touch. I hope they stay around!
(of course we can use any rubber band... but it just feels better when it comes from Magic Flight/BlissSville)

Vitolo,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
So I've got what I can only assume is 'vape honey' oozing (for lack of a better word) from the draw hole of my LB and into my stem. Not a huge deal, really....I'll just clean the stem.

Just wondering if this is typical though. I've had my box since February of this year.

Thanks in advance!

sydnee,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Very typical!
I use a q-tip dipped in alcohol. I remove a drop of the cotton to make it fit better.
I rinse with water.. and do it again with a dry q-tip (with some cotton removed for fit)

Vitolo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Vito, NYC

Immedion (2400 mah lsd) and Powerex (2700 mah hsd) are both Maha products. In my experience the best source for either is Thomas Distributing. Fair prices and fast shipping. $10.97 for 4 Immedions and $12.87 for 4 Powerex. Either comes with a 4 cell case.

chucku,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
Just ordered some extra acrylic stems and one glass stem from Blisssville.

Has anyone tried the wood stems from B'ville? I know some of you have bought from Ed's...

Thanks in advance!

sydnee,

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
VivaSativa said:
Hey guys, my beta PA's button is kinda stuck inside the "battery" part, I can't figure out how to loosen it out.
The button is pressed in, but not strong enough to activate the LB. If I touch the button gently it will activate.
So it's still usable but I'm nervous about leaving the PA fully inside the LB, fearing it might suddenly activate and burn (and never run out of power like a battery does :brow: )

Is there an easy way to get the button to come back out?
I tried screwing the plate around the button with a paperclip, first tightend, then loosend, then tightend again and it's still stuck.

Thanks in advance for any tips :peace:

I emailed MF about same problem, Here is the reply from MF. It worked for me.

I can offer you a hand-dandy high-tech technique to try and fix the
sticky button issue.

1.) Acquire paper clip
2.) Unfold it and form into a U shape
3.) Insert both ends of the U into the tiny holes on either side of the
button
4.) Begin carefully screwing to tighten. Test out the PA to see if this
helps.
5.) If you make too tight, loosen a bit until it works just right.

Let me know if this helps any. Please email me with any other concerns or
question you might have.

Peace,
MFLB Crew

majorpayne66,

Vitolo

Vaporist
sydnee said:
Just ordered some extra acrylic stems and one glass stem from Blisssville.

Has anyone tried the wood stems from B'ville? I know some of you have bought from Ed's...

Thanks in advance!
I believe that the MFLB wooden stems from BlissSville may have been made by Ed's

Vitolo,
VWFringe said:
the advice I'll give you is to hold in your hits as long as you are comfortable doing so, and gauge for yourself whether or not you experience any better effect between holding it 15 seconds compared to 5, 10 or even 15 seconds longer. Do take a few short breaths before trying to hold one for 30 seconds to avoid oxygen dep.

Vapor is different in how it is absorbed, the actives are not "left off" like passengers at a door stoop, by the particulate that carries them into our lungs, but is absorbed instead, and that's a slower process. Because the particulates in smoke are sub-micron in size, and the way they freely carry the floating actives, they interact with our alvioli freely, carrying and leaving the actives in just a few seconds, so with smoke you don't need to ghost hits, and theoretically you won't get much higher between holding a hit for four seconds than you would twenty seconds, but that's different with vapor, I'll leave it to you to discover what works for you...some can't hold in hits and exhale into a plastic bag, then inhale again, but that's too much trouble for me, so i hold my hits for 25 secs. and get little to no vapor upon exhale.

the trick for me was in treating each hit like it was a real one, because more often than not you get a hit when you start vaping that obviously isn't very strong, the vapor-to-air ratio was weak, and the tendency is to just blow it out pre-maturely, but if you carry the mantra, "respect the hit," you won't waste as much and will be well on the way to enjoying what we've all found...that weed goes way farther when you vape.

Thanks for all that information, VWFringe. I really appreciate it and will try to use the methodology you've described here. I was unaware of the difference in particulate dimensions between smoking and vaporization, and that the diffusion of the inhaled particulates at the alveoli occurs differently depending on whether the cannabis was combusted or vaporized. Very interesting and useful information, and it clears something up that I'd seen on a recent BBC program about cannabis, namely that holding the inhaled gases in the lung made no discernible difference to the intensity of the high. I guess they were only referring to smoked particulates in the documentary.

I should be getting some later on this week, which I'm really looking forward to, so I'll try your method out and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

the quiet earth,

Sour Deez

They were def referring to smoke in that documentary.

My doc always told me to hold my inhaler in for at least 10 seconds, i try to hold my vape hits in for at least that. I never tried anymore then 15 seconds really.

Sour Deez,
Top Bottom