budballer

Hey I just got my mflb from puffitup! question, because the wood is bare could I use the buzz butter from my PD stuff and give it a good coat or two? Or is that a bad idea with the inscriptions. I don't want to rub them off.

budballer,

Bdub

Vaporizer Aficionado
budballer said:
Hey I just got my mflb from puffitup! question, because the wood is bare could I use the buzz butter from my PD stuff and give it a good coat or two? Or is that a bad idea with the inscriptions. I don't want to rub them off.
How long did it take yours to arrive? I ordered mine from PUI on Friday, not nervous about its arrival, more anxious than anything.

Bdub,

Nycdeisel

NO, they are engraved into the wood, it wont rub off unless you really sand of a good layer.

Yes! In fact I love to use the Buzz Butter for my LB, it works amazingly well! and the wood seems dry so it just soaks it up! give it a shot just be careful not to get any into the mouthpiece hole and such. and wash your hands after or you will make a mess of smudging the lid with the :buzz: butter from your fingers

Nycdeisel,

CutePanda

I ordered my MFLB grinder from them on Thursday as well and it came today. From San Jose to Southern California....

CutePanda,

Bdub

Vaporizer Aficionado
CutePanda said:
I ordered my MFLB grinder from them on Thursday as well and it came today. From San Jose to Southern California....
Then mine will definitely be here tomorrow!! Ordered on Friday and I live in Northern California. Can't wait!!

Bdub,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
HAVE IT! Yesterday it was only not found, now I have it and I'm gonna give it a try. Oh, unbox before :)

edit: I am impressed. Unit looks built very well, don't have the ball catching, but that's not a big problem, it is stable even without it. Also all the documentation is best I've got for any vape. And what impressed me the most: it got me high from about 1/2 amount of shitty weed that was getting less effective in my EQ. This weed is weak, so i think it needs to be vaped fast to fell the effects. And MFLB does it.

edit2: I've vaped 3 trenches from a pre-charged battery! :o And it's not empty yet. Also a good surprise, there were 3 batteries in the kit. I've thought it should be 2? Awesome. Now only thing I need to do is buy some conversion for the charger plug. No need to hurry. :)

Seek,

CutePanda

Turns out my old MFLB that I purchased back in Feb was running at about 1/2 capacity power-wise. With my old box, I had to wait 10 seconds before combustion would occur using the highest setting on the PA. I combusted twice on the very first trench I packed with my new box and PA at 3/4 of the way. After the first combustion, the flavor was nasty, but I finished off the trench and didn't bother dumping it into my ABV bag. Gave it a quick cleaning with ISO and that brought the taste back. Now I know what it's really like to own a MFLB.

The MFLB grinder for $12 at PuffitUp does what my Sharpstone can't. Highly recommended.

CutePanda,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
stroh said:
MauiSon said:
Here's an observation - I purchased a unit in May with #29xxxxx that doesn't have the 'ball stop' and just recently received a warranty replacement (for an older unit) with #27xxxxx that has the 'ball stop'. So, I perceive the units are not consecutively numbered (probably different # series for different vendors).

BTW, I don't like this latest improvement. It lifts the lid a bit to get over the stop (mind the gap) and may eventually leave an arc line in the cover. It also seems to suggest opening the cover only 1 way (currently, I open it either way). Any chance of ordering new units without the 'ball stop'? Or can it be easily hammered down? If not, I'm glad I still have 2 without the hindrance.

I will agree that the battery ring disconnect is much appreciated improvement.

the numbers definitely aren't consecutive then, because my latch-less box is numbered at 32*****, that i received in april.

S/N Info - Vaporpedia

and I totally hear ya on the static cling in the trench. I like to be able to swipe it clean just by opening it

does anybody know if magic flight charges your checking account right away when you order the PA?

I'm pretty sure you get charged when it ships

JDSupreme,
I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed by how clean it was: there was no smelly smoke wafting around in the air, it didn't destroy my taste buds like smoking a joint did last year, and my lungs weren't messed up afterwards. The last point is important to me as I do a lot of cardiovascular activities (sports, cycling, running, etc) and the first and only time I smoked a joint last year I was out of the game for about two solid weeks as my lungs were done in. I got a fright immediately after using the MFLB as it felt like my lungs had been damaged (they felt stiff and a little sore) and I was wheezy. But the next day all of that was gone and I was back at the gym performing exactly as I had been before using the vaporizer. So that's a massive plus for me as it means I can use it again without worrying about damaging my lungs. And I guess that is a major benefit of vaporizing in general over smoking joints or the like.

However, I don't think I used the MFLB properly as I didn't get as high as I did last year smoking half of that joint (say it was about 3.5-4 inches in length and quite skinny), which is the first and only time I'd used cannabis before my experience with the MFLB a couple of weeks ago.

Using the MFLB I only took about five draws from a filled trench. The trench wasn't packed down with too much and I gave the stuff a good grind using the grinder that came free with it. I watched a couple of videos of other people using it on YouTube and followed their instructions, particularly the method that this person used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZp9kprZF0c&feature=youtu.be, but I just didn't get as high as I expected to, and the hight I did get didn't last as long as I thought it would. Still, it was a highly enjoyable experience and I want to do it again, only this time I want to get higher. Should I just take more draws? How many draws do you tend to get out of a trench?

the quiet earth,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
My power adapter has stopped working :(

The wire end that connects to the battery has been working itself loose for a while now. The temperature dial has also been dodgy since it first arrived - the 'clicks' as it goes up and down were barely perceptible at all. About a month ago the wooden block on that end of the PA came off, taking the wire with it, leaving it attached by the bare minimum.
It carried on working however, despite the temperature dial now not clicking at all and actually being able to be itself moved back and forth nearer to either end of the PA. Then last night when I got home it just wasn't working at all, and no adjustments seem to fix it.

The box itself still works fine with batteries, the plug light still comes on for the PA too, and the metal ring that holds the PA button in place is still on tightly.

I've contacted Magic Flight via their website contact form. Really hoping I don't have to pay more customs and shipping charges if I get a replacement model or whatever :/

wilf789,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
'clicks'? My PA doesn't click at all. (although it is a 'rough' beta, rather than 'retail' beta). Was this a development?

Have you got a multi meter (i got one once from Poundland- bargain, except it was probably made by kids) - that might tell you where the lack of electricity problem originates.

I'd guess customs wise, Wilf, it would be declared as gift or sample rather than a purchase giving you a higher import threshold. At le3ast that was the case on my last uS warranty return (not MF). It would be better if the declared value was the material value to MF though, rather than the retail price, as that would still incur some charges. But MF should do that as it needn't be insured for retail price anyway. Good luck though. The taxman and postman will be really laughing if you have to pay them on a PA yet again after the first disaster!

WatTyler,

collegerower

I am thinking about getting the oem MFLB grinder with two rows of teeth from puffitup but I wanted to know how the people who just got it like it. I know vitolo loves it, but I was hoping for another opinion.

Also is the glass stem offer any advantage over the acrylic, or wood from Eds tnt?

collegerower,

Vitolo

Vaporist
MFLB stems-->
Alot of people say the glass is a "classier" feel.
I think they feel very much the same.
Advantage to glass: Can be soaked in Iso, (acrylic cant be soaked, you use Iso and then must rinse.)
Disadvantage to glass: It is breakable. (it is small so structural integrity is good, but it can break)

I like the glass because it stay clear forever, but I use only the acrylic, because I keep it clean, and I feel more secure if my teeth do not "clink" against glass if I bite down.
About Ed's Vapor stems. These do not hold any functional advantage, but add great beauty to your box. They function as perfectly as the glass and acrylic. I sense some woodsy essence that is very wonderful during my hits when I use an ed's stem (some folks think me imagining it). I know they sure look "Bad Ass"

Vitolo,

Pinion13

That little grinder from puffitup they're calling the oem mflb grinder surprised me. It's really nice so far, nothing is sticking and it gets the grind just right. I run the herb through a medium space case, then the mini.

Puffitup royally screwed up my order but they're rectifying the mistake and really what more can you ask I guess. I had to have the newest mflb with the bearing.

I've been using the glass stem for a few months now. It seems to cool the vapor a little which is nice and it's definitely more durable than the acrylic ones for me.

Also I saw Vitolo's videos posted in another forum and made some gifs. Great videos by the way. I turned my pa power way down thanks to you.

CzoKg.gif

8NgIA.gif

jY999.gif

Pinion13,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Pinion13 said:
Also I saw Vitolo's videos posted in another forum and made some gifs.....f
Thanks for the GIFs.. very cool of you! :)
@Smokey.. thx, man---> back at you!

Vitolo,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
WatTyler said:
'clicks'? My PA doesn't click at all. (although it is a 'rough' beta, rather than 'retail' beta). Was this a development?

Have you got a multi meter (i got one once from Poundland- bargain, except it was probably made by kids) - that might tell you where the lack of electricity problem originates.

I'd guess customs wise, Wilf, it would be declared as gift or sample rather than a purchase giving you a higher import threshold. At le3ast that was the case on my last uS warranty return (not MF). It would be better if the declared value was the material value to MF though, rather than the retail price, as that would still incur some charges. But MF should do that as it needn't be insured for retail price anyway. Good luck though. The taxman and postman will be really laughing if you have to pay them on a PA yet again after the first disaster!

Yeah not exactly clicking (hence the ' ' marks) but a little feeling of notches as it went up or down. Maybe it was a development after people started marking the dials themselves - similar to how they added rubber feet after users did. Anyway it doesn't work at all now, the plug end is fine as the light works so I'm pretty sure it's the loose wiring on the battery end of the main part. The whole wooden part and wire comes out and you can see inside the PA itself.

Heard back from MF and they have no recommendations on how to fix it and are asking me to send it back, meaning I'll have to pay international postage etc for something I've already paid for, and will probably have to pay customs fees on the new one too. I'm not blaming MF at all, I'm just a poor graduate who's annoyed at unnecessary costs.

wilf789,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The clicks are called "discreet attenuation".. meaning set "stops" on the power rheastat.
MFLB PA uses a "continuous attenuation" rheastat.
The notches you felt were very likely"new part" sticking on a tightly attached wheel.

Vitolo,

Pinion13

Vitolo said:
Pinion13 said:
Also I saw Vitolo's videos posted in another forum and made some gifs.....f
Thanks for the GIFs.. very cool of you! :)
@Smokey.. thx, man---> back at you!

No problem. You're a great spokes-model ;) for the mflb and mj and vaporization in general. Keep up the good work my man.

Pinion13,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
CutePanda said:
I had to wait 10 seconds before combustion would occur using the highest setting on the PA.

Damn, i just held mine for over ten seconds on the highest setting and it didnt even blacken my herb let alone combust, i was still able to vap the hot already. My light doesnt work and no vapor is produced on the lowest setting as well up until you turn the wheel from 0 to about 1/4 of the way. Ive always just though that my light just became no good (because i know it used to be better) and didnt attribute it to my box possibly running cool.

Vaporgin.,

VivaSativa

Hey guys, my beta PA's button is kinda stuck inside the "battery" part, I can't figure out how to loosen it out.
The button is pressed in, but not strong enough to activate the LB. If I touch the button gently it will activate.
So it's still usable but I'm nervous about leaving the PA fully inside the LB, fearing it might suddenly activate and burn (and never run out of power like a battery does :brow: )

Is there an easy way to get the button to come back out?
I tried screwing the plate around the button with a paperclip, first tightend, then loosend, then tightend again and it's still stuck.

Thanks in advance for any tips :peace:

VivaSativa,

Vitolo

Vaporist
A sticking button like that type can be sometimes fixed by lightly dragging your thumbnail across the top a few times, letting the thumbnail click off its ledge each time.
If it doesnt pluck itself back up after a few of those moves in either direction, I would call them. You are obviously under warranty, as the product is new. :)

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just sent an email to BlissSville about my unit. It seems not to be reaching proper temp anymore and I am having issues getting vaked. Any idea on their response time, I emailed them about 2 hours ago and I am anxious to hear back. Its tough being without my favorite herbal toy!:(

mvapes,
Top Bottom