elevation

Hey all of you fellow vapor fanatics,

I have been using the Magic Flight Launch Box for about 3 months now and i love it.
But there is 1 thing that bothers me so much that lately i had to quit using my lil' buddy.

My throat seems to irritate after each time i use it. I am not combusting, it certainly is vapor.
I also tried using it native for a while, although i like the stem alot more.
Magic Flight said it is less likely to have throat problems when using it native.

I am going to buy the draw whip when i have time to visit the smart shop, but i love using the stem and i would like to have a way of using it without having to bother about throat issues.

Can anybody of you help me out? :peace:

elevation,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
elevation said:
My throat seems to irritate after each time i use it. I am not combusting, it certainly is vapor.

Personnaly, it's the first time I read this here. Did you smoke before? Do you smoke cigarette? Does it start to irritate right on the first draw? Did you try other kind of herbs?

I switched from smoking to vaping because of the irritation and all from the smoke. I do not have the problem you described with the MFLB or the DBV. Yes, sometimes it makes me cough, but it's after a few tokes, and it's caused by the 'expectorant' effect from the THC. I would not describe this as irritating though.

Vaporisateur,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Draw the vapor into your cheeks like sipping a mouthful of water (or a puff of a cigar that you do not plan to inhale). Then hold the hit for a fraction of a second in your mouth before inhaling it. Do this repeatedly at the rate you usually puff/draw.. only hold each puff in your mouth for a split second!

Vitolo,
Hi fellow MFLB people!

I'm sorry if this comes off as lazy but i've checked back through a few pages looking for the 'break-in cycle' description.

Would anyone mind giving me a low down what they mean by the break-in cycle?

I've had my launch box three days? wait... wednesday, thursday, friday, today... 4 days.

just waiting for the batteries to charge, i'm wondering if the UK 240 voltage makes the batteries last longer because i can get quite a lot of vaping done with just two batteries. I just heard the only down-side was low battery life.

I want the power adapter !!! i have a step-down transformer i didn't need for a US laptop lying about just waiting to act as a plug converter. ( i live on medical benefit at the moment.... anyone who wants to offer me an interest free 9 day loan of 50 would do me a HUGE favour.. i want that power adapter! )

I sound like a bum... just an old student though.

K, thanks for readin my post !

Merry vaporization to all from the edge of London !

chimpbacca,

elevation

Vaporisateur said:
elevation said:

Personnaly, it's the first time I read this here. Did you smoke before? Do you smoke cigarette? Does it start to irritate right on the first draw? Did you try other kind of herbs?

I switched from smoking to vaping because of the irritation and all from the smoke. I do not have the problem you described with the MFLB or the DBV. Yes, sometimes it makes me cough, but it's after a few tokes, and it's caused by the 'expectorant' effect from the THC. I would not describe this as irritating though.

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the speedy reactions to my post.
I did not combust before i vaped, which i do on occasion, and i quit cigarettes about a year ago. (Only smoked about a year) This is not really common, i have seen it mentioned on other forums though.

It certainly isn't from the THC, and not right after i vaped. Vapor seems to stop my problems, but 1,5 hour later it gets irritated.

I will try Vitolos advice and tell you guys if it worked for me. The fact that not a lot of people experience this problem makes me think i just developed a wrong way of inhaling. I love this little thing and i love taking it everywhere i go. This thing beats my Iolite in portablity in stealth by far.

Thanks guys. :peace:

elevation,

Vitolo

Vaporist
chimpbacca said:
Hi fellow MFLB people!...
Merry vaporization to all from the edge of London !
If you are using the stock batteries that come with the MFLB... they are very good ones. They do not need any special break in cycle. Although I "put in my time" testing batteries, I still like the stock ones.

Vitolo,

eddyfrancis

I have this problem somewhat often, but I use my LB at pretty high temps with a little hash in it. Maybe your lungs are extra sensitive? I have always thought it was just a byproduct of the conduction design. Sometimes the screen gets a little too hot and cooks out a bit more than just THC in my opinion. The one thing that has helped tremendously though is running it through a water pipe.

eddyfrancis,
Cool I'll look after my originals, so do you think the best extra batteries are the official magic flight ones?

They are 8.99 for two, with a case, which is a lot but hey. maybe i can find them cheaper

Thanks for the feedback

I'll be sure to chirp in when i hit a new discovery.

CHAAARRRRRGGGGGEEE !! (annoying 6 hour battery charger!)

Well i've got a networking assignment to do

chimpbacca,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Cooling down your MFLB hits
VTV

Touch image to view
The recent popularity of the MFLB has us all trying new techniques and accessories, and testing batteries.
Truth of the matter is we are doing more hits! Good for the herb industry... good for our buzz!
Folks are noticing irritated throats.
The temp of the vape is still 350+, but you are only 2-3 inches away from it as opposed to 3 feet!
People use water etc, but there is a very simple draw technique that cools the vapor before it hits your throat.
My love for doing hits of grade A pot and my love of my Imac camera inspire a very short vid about my own draw technique that involves sipping, but not directly inhaling each sip. Savor the vapor in your mouth for a brief second in time... then inhale!

Vitolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Vitolo! I hate to break it to you but... that's not you! It's your mirror twin. I just hope he's not evil. They usually are, though.

pakalolo,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
So guy/girl who was getting the itchy throat:

quit bitching.

haha, I'm kidding. It happens to me sometimes as well... with the volcano also... I've found the dryness/itchiness of the throat, for me, comes with vaping exclusively and heavily.

You should read about hot water bong hits on this website... hot water + glass tube + mflb = humid vapor

cold water/ice also helps... you can experience with different types of water filtration... I don't water filter all the time, but when I get itchy I pull it out... sometimes I even appear to be more medicated than usual when water filtering, but that's just my personal viewpoints.

And like you've already mentioned, that whip may help cool down the vapor for you as well.

You may also be taking too big of hits (according to magic flight standards) as I only get the itchiness when I exhale vapor clouds... when I casually hit the box as intended, it's MUCH easier on the throat.

Hope this helps.

wake n blake,

ckannaSr

]
Vitolo said:
Remember.. you lived with just batteries until a month ago!

Vitolo, You are so right. And I have been in touch with MF via email and heard back quickly, twice in the same day. Gotta love their customer service! I'm to send it back and she thought I could get a new one to replace it by next week. Also, thanks for your response--ck

ckannaSr,
Hi,
Is it possible to fry yourself with the MFLB power adapter?

Is the beta design safe to handle while it's not in the launch box but it is switched on ?

This is easily compensated for by using the push-back ring mine already has.

I just wonder.

Does anyone know for sure if Energizer 2450mAh batteries are good for the magic box?
I'm going to buy a 1hour charger that comes with them.

chimpbacca,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
I wonder why people just keep asking about other brands of batteries when you can get the recommended Imedion 2400mAh for damn cheap (i.e. 13$ on ebay).

Vaporisateur,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Because some of us like 2700Mah, an the Maha Powerex's are just as nice as the Imedions. I actually prefer my batts to not be LSD. I don't need to store charged batts for long, and I don't need to recondition my HSD batts as often as it seems I do with the LSD batts.

aesthyrian,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
chimpbacca said:
Is it possible to fry yourself with the MFLB power adapter?

Is the beta design safe to handle while it's not in the launch box but it is switched on ?

Does anyone know for sure if Energizer 2450mAh batteries are good for the magic box?
I'm going to buy a 1hour charger that comes with them.

Hi,

The Power Adapter (no longer in Beta) only uses/produces a little bit more than the amount of voltage and energy that would be found in a good AA rechargeable, so yes, it is quite safe. In the interests of saving energy between sessions, the recommended approach is to unplug either the base station or the wall adapter. You can leave the battery adapter in the Box or remove it as you wish.

Energizer batteries have been known to work with the Box in the past. However, as the manufacturer of these does change the build from time to time, it is not known if they will fit snug in the Box. They might be functional but loose and thus not as convenient to use.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Good Old MFLB to the rescue.
I edit my response to reflect answer given.
(I still prefer the stock batteries!!)
don't lick the PA!

Vitolo,
My mflb just arrived in the mail today! This will be my first real time with a vape, very exciting. I'm looking forward to making the switch.

Philosochronic,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Philosochronic said:
My mflb just arrived in the mail today! This will be my first real time with a vape, very exciting. I'm looking forward to making the switch.
Stoked for you Philo! if you haven't already read back a couple dozen pages.. the thread has been hopping!

Vitolo,

slvelocity

Hey guys i just need some help verifying something with my pa. When i first got the pa, i swore the battery head was completely covered in that silver tin coating. Now, the head of the battery seems to have lost part of that silver tin, revealing the plastic underneath which now seems to be melting without that tin. I have attached a pic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so am i tripping out? Do your guys' battery heads look like that?

slvelocity,

Vitolo

Vaporist
slvelocity said:
Do your guys' battery heads look like that?
It looks exactly like that! There was no silver coating. You were ultra excited, and registered it wrong!
On another note... I just saw an OLD LB.
It looked FANTASTIC. It was clean, and the grain stood out. It felt smooth and dry to the touch ... not oily at all, and had a rich look to it. I asked what he used, and he told me. I ordered it , and will let you know how it works. Northern Lab-Goddards Goddard's Butcher Block Oil by Northern Lab-Goddards

Vitolo,
Top Bottom